Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scooby Doo Mystery Inc.

I just LOVED this latest episode! Too bad Josie & The Pussycats couldn't have appeared, due to licensing. The Funky Phantom is the only one I've never actually seen the toon of. I used to love Captain Caveman, Jabber Jaw and Speedy Buggy! (Scooby: Excuse me, but are you a car?!) Jeanie would have been a nice addition, but no harm. I enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Jeanie would have been a nice addition, but no harm. I enjoyed it!
    They couldn't use Jeannie because her series was supposedly A 'spin-off' of 'I Dream Of Jeannie' despite having entirely different characters. Even though Hanna-Barbera produced the 'Jeannie' series, Columbia owns it. So that's another licensing issue there. This video explains A little more about 'Jeannie'.

Last edited by mbaker; May 6, 2011 at 07:01am.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Wow, must have missed this thread when it was posted originally 'cause I HATE Scooby Doo. However...this show looks watchable! That'll make it the first watchable Scooby Doo since...ever! I think I only watched the original show back in the day 'cause it was a cartoon and kids were supposed to watch it. Honestly though, it was annoying and at one point I realized that I couldn't stand it and just stopped.

I'll have to try and catch this, though! Velma looks like she's got a bit of sarcasm going there, and the animation is nice. Did they inject some real humor into this, finally?
    i think it's the best incarnation since the original series, probably better! i say if you think it looks worthwhile, check it out next time you get a chance. if you aren't into it after a couple episodes, no harm done.

Heroic Warrior
    I like it. I pretty much liked all the Scooby series. Scooby and Scrappy Doo, 13 Ghost and Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue being my least favorites.
    Between the world we see and the things we fear. There are doors; when they are opened; nightmares become reality.

On Velma and Scooby, they dealt with it last night.

On last night's episode this one didn't quite impress me as much as others. I am however surprised they showed Daphne dressed the way she was.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    They couldn't use Jeannie because her series was supposedly A 'spin-off' of 'I Dream Of Jeannie' despite having entirely different characters. Even though Hanna-Barbera produced the 'Jeannie' series, Columbia owns it. So that's another licensing issue there. This video explains A little more about 'Jeannie'.
    Thanks for the video! The host was annoying, but it was interesting. I didn't realize there was any connection to the live action show. At least Babu appeared in All Star Laff A Lympics!

Yeah, Daphne's night gown was a little, well, revealing. It was cool that she felt comfortable walking around the others dressed like that.

Sorry, guys. Best pic I could find so far.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

so apparently CN brought back mystery incorporated yesterday. wish i'd known about it ahead of time. new episodes are debuting all week, but they air in the middle of the day. for the central time zone, it comes on at 1pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw yesterdays episode but I didn't know they have new episodes all this week.

I didn't know either, thank technology my DVR is set to record new episodes whenever they come back. It looks like it comes on at 2pm all week. Sounds like CN is just going thru the motions with this great show. Hopefully this isn't the end.
    Until now.

Yesterdays episode was a total geek out fest. Blue Falcon and Dynomutt team up with the gang plus cameos by Race Bannon and Dr. Quest. There may be hope for this show yet.
    Until now.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone have clips or pics of these other hannabarbara characters showing up in this show?

MV5BMTc1NzY5ODUyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI0MDYxNQ@@._V1._SX640_SY360_.jpg

MV5BMTg4ODE5MDAzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI0MDYxNQ@@._V1._SX640_SY360_.jpg

I tried to find pics online but none so far. I think you might be able to find pics of the episode with Jabberjaw and Captain Caveman.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; August 17, 2012 at 04:21pm.
    Until now.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for those pics.

So why couldn't they get the rights for Josie and Pussycats?

I am guessing they would deserve their own episode. I mean Hanna-Barbara is owned by Warner Bros. now so I don't think it's a rights issue. When it comes to Scooby Doo the next in line would be Josie in the Pussycats. Though I was a fan of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids.
    Until now.

It is a lot harder to keep up with the show now that new episodes are airing weekdays instead of once a week. My DVR is working overtime.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Thanks for those pics.

So why couldn't they get the rights for Josie and Pussycats?
    Josie and the Pussycats started out as characters in Archie comics (as did Sabrina the teenage witch) and still show up from time to time. Hanna Barbara did the old cartoon but they'd most likely need special permission to use them as guests in another show.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I really love this show! The character designs are great, as is the whole look and feel of the show. I also love all the back story we get to each character, seems more in-depth than the past series (not that they were bad, loved them all, just a nice addition).

I hope we get another season, but I fear CN already canceled it. Hopefully we at least get a conclusion to this storyline.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

from wikipedia:

According to the official Warner Bros. website, the plot of Episode 52 will tie into the plot of the first episode of the series.
    the reference for this came from a comic con 2011 panel, which i can't find anymore. last friday's episode was 41, so we should get at least 11 more episodes. sounds like enough to wrap up the ongoing plot while sprinkling some stand alone episodes here and there.

I loved how they used Blue Falcon in a Batman sort of way. It even sounded like Deidrich Bader voicing him.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I loved how they used Blue Falcon in a Batman sort of way. It even sounded like Deidrich Bader voicing him.
    He did sound like a dark avenger who only loves his faithful pet dog. It was a nice mix in characters, the dark Blue Falcon, the funny and carefree Dynomutt, Dog Wonder. Kinda does remind you of Batman and Robin.

Can't wait to see the remaining episodes this season. I really hope this show continues; Scooby-Doo is a cornerstone for Cartoon Network.
    Until now.

Did anyone else catch the finale this week? Dear God! I knew it was getting freakish with the Twin Peaks references, but that ending was out of a horror movie! Major characters were eaten! Hot Dog Water killed off screen! For real! The very ending was almost a Lost-style cop-out, but I loved how it dovetailed into the classic series at last. Honestly, the deaths gave me flashbacks to the animated segments in Creepshow 2. I wonder if this is why the last episodes were held back so long.

I'm very glad this one has pretty much been completely released on DVD. Hope that last volume doesn't get canceled before the summer.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I am on episode 49 I believe cant wait to see how this comes out to be honest.

Heroic Warrior
    I caught the last 5-10 minutes of the series finale.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    When the heck was this on? I watch Cartoon Network every week, and never saw a single ad that the new season was airing. I can't turn around without seeing 50 of the same ads for Adventure Time or Regular Show, which don't need extra advertising with their ratings. How about an ad to promote some other shows?

I knew Monsters vs. Aliens and several other shows were coming to Nick just by watching nothing but Turtles. You know everything coming for the next 6 months if you watch half an hour of Disney channel, including what's on their sister station, Disney XD. But half of CN's schedule has always been in stealth mode since He-Man 2002 was on.

Dang it, I've been watching Scooby since the first episode aired back in 1969. Grayskull, I hate CN...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman