Thread: Season Three would have been great if they didn't spend as much time on the Snake Men

Season Three would have been great if they didn't spend as much time on the Snake Men

....and dove straight into Horde/Adora territory Now that I've seen all the Snake Men episodes, I think they're some of the best of the series. The animation certainly improved, so I'm rather sad right now that we didn't get to see even a few episodes with Adora and the Horde. I doubt the Rebellion would have factored in, but even without them, it would have been great to see She-Ra.

What I don't get is why in that final episode script (episode 40 was it?) they went for a Snake MAA angle instead of wrapping up the Snake Men completely. The final completed episode, 39, was suitably epic and left me feeling satisfied with their arc.

Anyone else sad Season Three didn't happen?

EDIT: Hmmm - I think my thread title was re-edited a bit there. I just meant this to be a discussion of what we would have enjoyed from a 3rd season of the show.

I'd also be curious to hear what MYP had in store for a third season - I know they spoke of their plans at one point.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; September 7, 2013 at 05:14pm.

Mars Base Division ae_productions's Avatar
    Season Three would have been amazing.

Personally, I would have liked more than the Masters Vs one common enemy. It would have been great if they had to contend with The Horde, Snakemen, Skeletor...and other mysterious evils. It would have also been interesting if they choose this line of storytelling to have a few episodes WITHOUT the Masters. A Skeletor Vs. The Horde, or Snakemen Vs. The Horde or something.

Loved the 200x series, I was sad when it ended.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    I'm still feeling the wounds of the premature end to this series!

Widget
    I just wish they'd have wrapped up Teela's story and had her finally discover Adam was he man and who her mother is. What an amazing ep that would have been

I really doubt they would have revealed both of those things in the same episode, if it makes you feel any better! I think a third season would have wrapped up the Hordak plotline, as that was already a major subplot in the show.

ae, I'm with you - it would have been so cool to see the Horde handling the Snakes...

We are extremely sad that this series ended before it's time....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ....and dove straight into Horde/Adora territory Now that I've seen all the Snake Men episodes, I think they're some of the best of the series. The animation certainly improved, so I'm rather sad right now that we didn't get to see even a few episodes with Adora and the Horde. I doubt the Rebellion would have factored in, but even without them, it would have been great to see She-Ra.
    Season 3 would have been Hordak-heavy. The makers were still were thinking how to implement She-Ra into it. Writers and directors had different ideas, so there's no way of telling what would have happened until it was on-screen.

What I don't get is why in that final episode script (episode 40 was it?) they went for a Snake MAA angle instead of wrapping up the Snake Men completely. The final completed episode, 39, was suitably epic and left me feeling satisfied with their arc.
    Episode 40 is not meant as "last" of season 2.
    They didn't wrap up Snake Men stuff because season 2 was originally a 26-episode order. Just like season 1. But they only made 13 episodes. Had things gone smoothly, we would have still had some 13 episodes of Season 2. And then dive into season 3 that would have had Masters become renegades, Skeletor use Faker fool Eternians, Randor end in Despondos....a lot of stuff. All talked in previous threads.

I'd also be curious to hear what MYP had in store for a third season - I know they spoke of their plans at one point.
    Here is a collection of plans and topics.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The build up was epic! You knew it was going to be huge with the release of the Horde!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man