Thread: 200x: A Filmation Prequel?

200x: A Filmation Prequel?

Since 200x was an origin-heavy show, and Filmation began with all of the players already on the field, is there any particular reason that 200x couldn't be considered as a prequel to the Filmation series?

Now, I know that had 200x continued this wouldn't be possible, but since it ended where it did, could the two coexist?

There may be a couple of continuity no-no's, but as someone who grew up reading lots of comics, I've long since learned to overlook those.
    Last edited by bamf1980; August 18, 2010 at 03:18pm.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

As it stands I would say no. But I could see how one could certainly weave it in and make it work
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Since 200x was an origin-heaby show, and Filmation began with all of the players already on the field, is there any particular reason that 200x couldn't be considered as a prequel to the Filmation series?

Now, I know that had 200x continued this wouldn't be possible, but since it ended where it did, could the two coexist?

There may be a couple of continuity no-no's, but as someone who grew up reading lots of comics, I've long since learned to overlook those.
    I feel so dumb now... I really thought it was a prequel!
    I'm a dead girl living on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    As it stands I would say no. But I could see how one could certainly weave it in and make it work
    Are you able to provide specific reasons? I'm curious as 200x is fresh on my mind but I haven't seen the Filmation stuff in years.

I assume the biggest issue would be the Teela's father stuff.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Personally thats how I choose to view it.

For me it's

MYP MOTU
    Filmation MOTU
    Filmation POP
    NA
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Are you able to provide specific reasons? I'm curious as 200x is fresh on my mind but I haven't seen the Filmation stuff in years.

I assume the biggest issue would be the Teela's father stuff.
    Nothing that I can think of specifically, but I guess you'd have to eliminate things from MYP to make it work well like Teela's Father and a few other elements.

But it would mostly work I think
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

200X is a REMAKE of the character's backstories and MOTU overall story/concept. And a darn good job they did.

Quote Originally Posted by vazqjose View Post
    200X is a REMAKE of the character's backstories and MOTU overall story/concept. And a darn good job they did.
    i totally agree except for the Sword of Power part.
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    i totally agree except for the Sword of Power part.
    what aspect exactly?

for me the only real complaint is the sword, not the story, but its look. and 200x is like a work week, and filmation is the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by vazqjose View Post
    I understand that it was intended to be a remake.

But given the fact that the series was cancelled after 39 episodes, they did not have the opportunity to follow through on the Despondos/Horde plotlines, so nothing majorly contradictory happened that I am aware of.

Since 200x provided the origin and a teen Adam, and Filmation begins with an adult Adam, I think the possibility of considering them the same canon is a valid one.
    Aaron

Since 200x provided the origin and a teen Adam, and Filmation begins with an adult Adam, I think the possibility of considering them the same canon is a valid one.

Like it has been stated. MYP Series is officially a remake. They did not inted it to be a prequel. This is something some fans have conjured in their minds.

Your phrase about first having a young Adam, then older Adam.... is one aspect that sounds like it could fit. And I think the flow of Evilseed's story works good as well.
    But there are soooo many other aspects that speak greatly against it.

If you are looking for things that don't work having MYP to be CANON with Filmation. The major difference in appearance's will knock it out of the continuity as well as origins. (if you are looking at only the two, and not mix any concepts that MOTUC is trying to bring/merge)

- Powersword
    - Castle Grayskull and He-Man's power (so the power first came from the orb of Elders inside castle. then later you changed it coming from the abyss, basically from the center of the planet, where the Starseed resides? what the heck, sorceress?)
    - Snake Mountain (so it actually is a big snake that Elders imprisoned, but then later Skeletor actually built it using the Golden Discs of Knowledge?)
    - Teela's father
    - Man-E-Face's Origin (in MYP he knows Heroic Warriors, then come Filmation he has never seen He-Man...)
    - Fisto's origin
    - Ram-Man (you were big in MYP! how did you shrink by Filmation dude?)
    - Roboto's origin (you built yourself and are among the heroic warriors, but now you suddenly crash-landed from Planet Robotica where you have sisters and brothers...)
    - Zodac/Zodak
    - Webstor (in MYP he dies before Filmation, remember)
    - Count Marzo (he was returned into old man stage, but now he's back and from planet Eronia...)

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I agree, definitely a relaunch with some new interesting takes on character origins. I like that MOTU Classics is trying to stream line everything into a new continuity taking the best elements and characters from each, I just wish they'd come out with a comic mini with more indepth origin stories that could give us more insight and info than the bios do.
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Like it has been stated. MYP Series is officially a remake. They did not inted it to be a prequel. This is something some fans have conjured in their minds.

Your phrase about first having a young Adam, then older Adam.... is one aspect that sounds like it could fit. And I think the flow of Evilseed's story works good as well.
    But there are soooo many other aspects that speak greatly against it.

If you are looking for things that don't work having MYP to be CANON with Filmation. The major difference in appearance's will knock it out of the continuity as well as origins. (if you are looking at only the two, and not mix any concepts that MOTUC is trying to bring/merge)

- Powersword
    - Castle Grayskull and He-Man's power (so the power first came from the orb of Elders inside castle. then later you changed it coming from the abyss, basically from the center of the planet, where the Starseed resides? what the heck, sorceress?)
    - Snake Mountain (so it actually is a big snake that Elders imprisoned, but then later Skeletor actually built it using the Golden Discs of Knowledge?)
    - Teela's father
    - Man-E-Face's Origin (in MYP he knows Heroic Warriors, then come Filmation he has never seen He-Man...)
    - Fisto's origin
    - Ram-Man (you were big in MYP! how did you shrink by Filmation dude?)
    - Roboto's origin (you built yourself and are among the heroic warriors, but now you suddenly crash-landed from Planet Robotica where you have sisters and brothers...)
    - Zodac/Zodak
    - Webstor (in MYP he dies before Filmation, remember)
    - Count Marzo (he was returned into old man stage, but now he's back and from planet Eronia...)
    Thank you...this is exactly what I needed. It has been ages since I watched FILMation, so I had no idea what would or wouldn't fit.
    Aaron

- Powersword
    Whose to say there isn't more than one power source. it may have originated with the elders but when they died it could have joined with the energy in the abyss

-

Whose to say Skeletor didn't rebuild it. After all the design is slightly different.

Teela's father
    -

Is the Sorcerer's partner/ husband in both versions and dies before man at Arms adopts her, no?

Man-E-Face's Origin (in MYP he knows Heroic Warriors, then come Filmation he has never seen He-Man...)
    Could have had his memory erased by Skeletor or Beat man at any point. When beast man takes over him he becomes a totally different person. My question here would be do the masters know who Man E Faces is in filmation?

Fisto's origin
    Does he have a different origin in Filmation?

Ram-Man (you were big in MYP! how did you shrink by Filmation dude?)
    -Gastric band

Roboto's origin (you built yourself and are among the heroic warriors, but now you suddenly crash-landed from Planet Robotica where you have sisters and brothers...)
    I thought he was created by man at Arms in MYP. Anyway whose to say the Filmation version isn't the same Roboto if there is a planet full of them and they all look similar. As Roboto doesn't appear in season1 of Filmation whose to say the original hasn't left for Robotica and created more versions of himself.

Zodac/Zodak
    Eternia has Deed poll

Webstor (in MYP he dies before Filmation, remember)
    This means nothing really. Loads of characters seemingly die and come back. King Hsss for example.

Count Marzo (he was returned into old man stage, but now he's back and from planet Eronia...)
    Whose to say he wasn't always from Eronia, was his home planet specified in MYP. perhaps they age differently on that planet.

I think with an open mind MYP could just about be a prequel. Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    I think with an open mind MYP could just about be a prequel. Anyone agree?
    No, I disagree. Jukka's spot-on. It always was supposed to be a remake, not a prequel. Coming up with way that would explain differences between Filmation and MYP is pretty much creating a fanfic to make two shows fit into one canon, which they were never meant to be.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I think both can blend together.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor