Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man.org main page fan poll: Do you want 200x in MOTUC?

He-Man.org main page fan poll: Do you want 200x in MOTUC?

From the main page of He-Man.org! (if you aren't checking the main page daily, be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed if you have a news reader!)

With the latest news that Mattel will pulling back on 200x design elements and there will be no more 200x head sculpts,
    we here at He-Man.org wanted to hear what you think.

Since all other vintage styling eras still appear to be included in MOTUC, we are running our own poll to hear if fans want 200x in MOTUC or not.

Your choices in the poll are:

• Yes. MOTUC should have all eras of MOTU and POP represented.
    • No. I just want MOTUC to be vintage (pre 200x) inspired.
    • It doesn't matter to me. I'll buy MOTUC no matter what eras are included.
    • I don't care. I have no interest in buying MOTUC and would prefer a completely different MOTU toy line.

He-Man.org recognizes that there are many 200x fans out there. so we wanted to get an idea of just where fans stand on the issue across the world.

So please vote in our He-Man.org fan poll and spread the word to other fans! :-)
    This poll ends on September 20th! So you have about a month to vote.

If at some point you change your mind, then have no worries! Just come back and vote again. It will overwrite your previous vote.

Also, please don't get your friends and family to vote. Let's keep this poll as honest as possible. Please only vote if you are a fan interested in buying new MOTU toys. Thanks!

We will reveal the results after the voting has ended. Until that time, we're keeping the votes under wraps in order to avoid any competition between groups of fans.

So what are you waiting for?
    Click here and cast your vote today!

EDIT:
    Once again, this is all about style inspiration and head sculpts,
    not the characters themselves.

Folks, don't get hung up on the characters.
    This is all about sculpting style.
    Think of the voting options like this, if you want:

Option 1: You want 200x stylization elements (both in body in additional head sculpts)
    Option 2: you want it all to look vintage (classic MOTU) in stylization
    Option 3: You don't give a rip either way, you'll buy whatever they produce.
    Option 4: You ain't buying the line because you don't like either of those.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    LOL! Ya'll know what I picked!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Put in my vote.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I think the Four Horsemen should have the freedom in this line to take the best elements from each era when sculpting and crafting action figures, heads, and accessories. The line is selling like hotcakes, there’s no reason for corporate to crack down and put limitations on anything.

Yes. MOTUC should have all eras of MOTU and POP represented.
    i'll add NA and some MO2K in that list. For me it's not about not representing an era, i like them all. but these guys need to match up. Classic style without the hyper anime.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

I agree with Carkrash on this one. so in a way my vote is YES or 1, if you choose. I believe options are always the best way to go. With figs packed out with a good mix of vintage and 200X is the best option. Grizzlor would have been the best example of this.

Just to clarify: Option 1 is for all MOTU (vintage & 200x) & POP and Option 3 is all MOTU & POP plus NA right?

I voted Option 1. I don't understand the recent no classicized 200x 2nd head decision. It makes no sense, especially given we will still get 100% 200x figures (i.e. Carnivus & Faceless One).

My ONE BIG ASK of MOTUC is that the FILMation and 2nd series mini-comics canon gets better representation in MOTUC bio-canon ... even if the FILMation characters are off limits.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    My vote has been cast.

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    Yes. MOTUC should have all eras of MOTU and POP represented.
    i'll add NA and some MO2K in that list. For me it's not about not representing an era, i like them all. but these guys need to match up. Classic style without the hyper anime.
    Not trying to argue or pick with you, but noone has been asking for the hyper anime look. All they want is the option to give them the appearance they had in the 200X line with the Classics standard bucks. Like I said Grizzlor was perfect example, if you want him to appear vintage you have that choice, if you want him 200X-looking you could do that too. If I wrong in what 200X fans want, I'm wrong. But options are almost always good.

I'm really not sure what to pick. I wish there was one more option. I want some 2002 characters sprinkled into the mix ala Carnivus and Count Marzo, but at the same time, I don't care about not getting a second head with 2002 influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Just to clarify: Option 1 is for all MOTU (vintage & 200x) & POP and Option 3 is all MOTU & POP plus NA right?
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm really not sure what to pick. I wish there was one more option. I want some 2002 characters sprinkled into the mix ala Carnivus and Count Marzo, but at the same time, I don't care about not getting a second head with 2002 influence.
    Too many options, and the poll becomes a voting nightmare.

You'd pick option 2, since you don't care about the 200x styling inspiration.

This poll is about styling inspirations and head sculpts,
    not the addition of the characters themselves, since Scott has said that 200x characters are now going to be vintage style inspired (which I have to admit, totally confuses me... how can a 200x Evilseed be vintage styled? )

This is a hard one for me based on the options. I don't care if 200x design elements are are included or not on the vintage characers BUT I require POP and NA and unique 200x characters to be included or I'll stop buying (basically exactly where the line has been and will be going minus Whiplash's and maybe Grizzlor's extra heads).

Can someone help me out with which one describes me?

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I think Option 1 is for MOTU POP and NA.. and Option 3 is more of a "I don't care what they make i will buy it even if certain eras are excluded or included"

..at least that's the way I read it.

I haven't voted yet because I can't decide what fits my choice. I'd like an option that says something like-

All eras included, but revised to match the vintage style. No "hyper-anime detailing" or revisions of classic elements to incorporate the 200X look into a character's first release. Characters and character revisions introduced in 200x, etc handled as entirely separate releases to their vintage counterparts (i.e. Zodak).

That's what I'd be down for. All these figures need to look like they are from the same line. No "extreme" detailing in this line for me...

Sallah

I chose just vintage MOTU/POP (pre 200x) purely based on the fact that the Webstor figure was spoiled by those awful 200x extra arms. Just don't want those elements on figures that are meant to be based off the vintage designs.

So I'm happy we will be getting less 200x elements. Sorry 200x fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    All eras included, but revised to match the vintage style. No "hyper-anime detailing" or revisions of classic elements to incorporate the 200X look into a character's first release. Characters and character revisions introduced in 200x, etc handled as entirely separate releases to their vintage counterparts (i.e. Zodak).
    That's option 2.

Once again, this is all about style inspiration and head sculpts,
    not the characters themselves.

Option 1: You want 200x stylization elements (both in body in additional head sculpts)
    Option 2: you want it all to look vintage (classic MOTU) in stylization
    Option 3: You don't give a rip either way, you'll buy whatever they produce.
    Option 4: You ain't buying the line because you don't like either of those.

See my reply to Tallstar.

Actually, i just wanted to vote but i didnīt...

i donīt get the problem here, all the designs are made by the 4 Horsemen, they redesigned the 200X looks after the vintage looks but made them for TV in 2000-most-wanted anime style but even in the comics from 2002 the characters didnīt look the same(some looked even better...but what the heck...)

What iīm trying to say is, who needs extra heads when we can get a great combination of all the areas and times.

Iīd say:

Trust the 4 Horsemen.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I WANT 200x to be officially part of MOTUC (except for the endless variants and repaints).

200x-inspired heads, faceplates and accessories should be (re)integrated in MOTUC !

Vintage 80's MOTU should remain the main source, but 200x should be considered as a pleasant addition. 200x unique characters (such as Evilseed, Prahvus, Lord Dactys etc.) should be part of MOTUC as well ! MOTUC should celebrate ALL eras of MOTU and related universes (POP, NA, and... YES, even FILMATION) !

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I casted my vote! No limitations!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I want 200x inspiration and characters in the line. It makes the line more interesting and expands the MOTU universe. I'm on board with maintaining a classic look for all the figures and I want 200x inspired heads and weapons like we are getting with Whiplash. I have real reservations about what Mattel just released in the way of 200x information. I don't understand how they could have a problem with what has been produced as if some characters are too hyper anime like Count Marzo as an example. The 4H did a marvelous job with Marzo effectively bringing him into the Classic look from a hyper anime look. I don't know exactly how Mattel works or exactly how decisions are made but I'm guessing the brand manager is responsible for working with the 4H on a design that's in line with what the top dogs decide on. Pardon me, but I am skeptical of the "top dogs" and their decision making. They need to let the brand manager and the 4H do their job. It seems like they, or somebody are micro-managing the situation from a lower plane of fandom with a generic business model in place that doesn't take into account the multiple challenges associated with turning a hyper anime character into a classics character. Just what will suit the powers that be if Count Marzo and Whiplash have too much hyper anime detailing? We were sold on a business plan that allowed for the mixture of the two types of styling and then we hear Mattel pull back on that idea, the extent of which has to be entirely unknown because every figure is different, and all this after the subscription sales close which is predictable. Mattel brass sounds like a politician at this point and all they need to do is look at Gallop or Rasmussen to find out how that style of business is going. Mattel is only complicating the process. This line isn't about producing what a bunch of corporate executives want! Its about producing what the fans want! And I think the fans have spoken with their hard earned money about what is wanted. I just don't want to see hard headed bureaucracy get in the way of delivering what fans want. No limitations beyond the classics standard buck and figures from the MOTU universe all.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; August 19, 2010 at 11:26am.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

If it's just based purely on style inspiration and head sculpts,
    not the characters themselves then my vote has been cast.
    option 2

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The die has been cast. Evil has made its mark...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Let the Horsemen ride free!!! Option A.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    You'd pick option 2, since you don't care about the 200x styling inspiration.

This poll is about styling inspirations and head sculpts,
    not the addition of the characters themselves, since Scott has said that 200x characters are now going to be vintage style inspired (which I have to admit, totally confuses me... how can a 200x Evilseed be vintage styled? )
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. Just put in my vote.

Okay cool... Chose option 2. I don't mind 200X stuff, as long as it matches the vintage styling.

Sallah