Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Whiplash compare to his other versions?

How does MOTUC Whiplash compare to his other versions?

It's that time again. Who is your favorite? This time around, I am picking the variant 200X Whiplash on the right with the darker loincloth and colored belt symbol as my favorite.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I gotta go with the MOTUC version.
    I really like the 200X version as a figure in it's own right, but that just isn't Whiplash to me.
    He was redesigned so much there was nothing left of the original character in there.
    The new classics version brought him back, better than ever IMO.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    No comparison---MOTUC.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Whiplash was one of those figures that I loved as a child, as he made unique use of the waist-twist. When he was announced for MOTUC, I felt "meh" about him. But I must say, he just gets better every time I look at him. This line continues to amaze me.

I have to say I love this MOTUC vintage head version. Don't get me wrong, I really dug the look of the 200X version in the cartoon but his toy version just didn't translate as well. I loathed that huge button on his side! I usually get an extra of the figures that come with bonus heads but due to an error with the website I missed it. At first I was peeved about it but after getting my sub in I don't really care for the 200X head on the vintage body so I'm cool now. In my opinion, to get a proper 200X version of Whiplash (and Clawful) it needs to be a larger $30 figure. I'd gladly buy them!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

LOVE the MOTUC version! One of my favorites.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to give credit where credit is due. MOTUC Whiplash is superior to all the other figures. It's a pretty decent figure on it's own. The 4H are masters of the toy making universe.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

MOTUC for sure. I love the design of the 200X Whiplash, but as has been said he was so far removed from the classic design he might as well have been a new character. The fact that the toy was so short and had the big ugly button on his side also work against the toys.

I just find the personality of the Classic-look head on the MOTUC to be full of so much personality! I love it.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I also gotta say MOTUC Whiplash. They did such a good job designing him, they made me interested in a character I was never that crazy about. Barring all the cosmetic and joint problems, this really is an incredible line.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Whiplash was one of those figures that I loved as a child, as he made unique use of the waist-twist. When he was announced for MOTUC, I felt "meh" about him. But I must say, he just gets better every time I look at him. This line continues to amaze me.
    This is my position as well. MOTUC is a line that continues to raise the bar. Well done indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I have to give credit where credit is due. MOTUC Whiplash is superior to all the other figures. It's a pretty decent figure on it's own. The 4H are masters of the toy making universe.
    You, my friend, are correct. Now I am thinking about a MOTUC 4H-themed army building pack......

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    MOTUC for sure. I love the design of the 200X Whiplash, but as has been said he was so far removed from the classic design he might as well have been a new character. The fact that the toy was so short and had the big ugly button on his side also work against the toys.

I just find the personality of the Classic-look head on the MOTUC to be full of so much personality! I love it.
    The 200X Whiplash was one of those characters that strayed a little too far from the original, imo. I enjoyed how he was portrayed in the MYP series, but I gotta go with Classics all the way. I am excited for Clawful and Buzz-Off even more now!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm voting 200X variant Whiplash, just like joseephus. The black just makes him pop more.

I love both the MOTUC and 200X Whiplashs, but the "vintage style" is a human crocodile...whereas the 200X character is a crocodile beast/creature. He looks much more dangerous and powerful. Vintage Whippy was more "evil coniving thing," as opposed to something to actually be scared of.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    For me the 200x figure.

For me it's the 200x figure. The original was one that I never had, and while the MOTUC figure is fantastic, the 200x version is my favorite of that line.

If the MOTUC 200x head were a little smaller, it might have been a toss-up for me.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

200x Whiplash really showed me how much the 4H could take the themes introduced by MOTU and take them farther. His body truly looked reptilian, between the added detailing and the animalistic physique. The tail could have been thicker and more alligatoresque, but overall very cool.

MOTUC's got the size and detail, but the design just isn't as good. Even the Horsemen can't completely make us forget they knocked him out of the park!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    This is not a fair contest to me. The MOTUC is a superior update to the classic 80's version and therefor is the best version.

I don't count that 200X FAT GOBLIN version because to me that is not Whiplash never has been never will be. He is a crocodile hybrid man not a fat goblin. Throw that figure in with LOTR.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryd8 View Post
    For me it's the 200x figure. The original was one that I never had, and while the MOTUC figure is fantastic, the 200x version is my favorite of that line.

If the MOTUC 200x head were a little smaller, it might have been a toss-up for me.
    I completely agree!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    200x cause I refuse to let it die
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

All versions are my favorite from each ine. just love Whiplash!
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

I prefer the 200x version but the MOTUC version is more "action features" oriented since it has more articulation points.

A the end, I love this 2 versions a lot )
    Last edited by Khror; August 22, 2010 at 05:43pm.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    MOTUC. This was probably my favorite bad-guy in the 80's, and one of my favs from this new line.

200X. Not even close.

As far as I'm concerned EVERY 200X figure is superior - the sculpts are incredible and are all much more interesting than shared-parts figures. (I still dig MOTUC though.)

200X. Not a second of doubt. There are a few figures where the unique sculpting helps so much - and this is one of those cases.

But MOTUC Whiplash is OK, I just wish the head would have been more like THE RAW's painting of him.

Motuc all the way. I like the 200x cartoon version too. But I don't like the 200x figure.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    This is not a fair contest to me. The MOTUC is a superior update to the classic 80's version and therefor is the best version.

I don't count that 200X FAT GOBLIN version because to me that is not Whiplash never has been never will be. He is a crocodile hybrid man not a fat goblin. Throw that figure in with LOTR.
    i agree - the only thing missing from the motuc update is the rubber-tail, and it would've been perfecto ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*