Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does MOTUC Whiplash compare to his other versions?

Vintage Whiplash seems like a yellower shade of green, while Classics version is more of an apple green. Figure-wise i of course prefer the Classics one but i would have liked the skin color to be closer to the vintage one.

This also happened with Trap-Jaw and others:

Trap Jaw i really wanted his helmet and jaw to be less "magenta-ish".

Webstor i would've preferred his blue skin to be just a bit lighter/brighter.

Roboto: we don't have him yet, but from the prototype pics i see his arms are more blue but his vintage arms were blue with a bright "teal" or "turquoise" tinge to it.

Beast Man: eventually i'd like to see one with his bright orange and red vintage colors, surely they'll give us one in a 2-pack.

So yes, Classics Whiplash is the ultimate (so far) version in my book, but i would have liked a yellower skin tone and a bendy tail.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Motuc all the way...

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    200X variant Whiplash is the nicest looking figure of the bunch I just wish he was larger. I have to say, I never liked Whiplash until 200X. I had several chances to get the vintage toy when I was little and I always passed him up because I couldn't stand that goofy face. I'm still not too keen on the vintage style head in MOTUC (even though it looks lightyears better), but overall I think the MOTUC figure is great.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

200X Whiplash.

He was one of those unique figures that outstands from the rest. MOTUC is just good, and though I had the vintage figure when I was a kid, his head (and MOTUC vintage head) reminds me of a cucumber (too long).

Quote Originally Posted by Vearn View Post
    200X Whiplash.

He was one of those unique figures that outstands from the rest. MOTUC is just good, and though I had the vintage figure when I was a kid, his head (and MOTUC vintage head) reminds me of a cucumber (too long).
    And I think the super thick eyebrows have always looked horrible in my opinion on the 80's style head.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I think I actually like the 200X look best, but I am loving the MOTUC version! He really is evil looking, is he not?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    MOTUC Whiplash is the best with the vintage figure a close second. The rubber tail was cool.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

They all have their good qualities. I think the MOTUC version pulls a lot of great elements together for the best figure.

Even though the 200X Version is bad ass...

I prefer the MOTUC version with the 200X head. The weapons are both really sweet and the "vintage" style weapon REALLY takes me back.....I will be diplaying him with one then the other then the other then the other and so on and so forth.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

200X version (in black) all the way.
    Might repaint the feet so they look more 200X-ish Classics-ized. Still not too sure about that.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    MOTUC with classic head for sure. I enjoyed collecting all the 200X line but to me MOTUC is what I have always wanted and so much more.

MOTUC by a long way. I think you would actually be hard pressed to find a MOTUC figure that isn't better than its counterpart.

Whiplash also wins because I don't have to use any foot pegs on the Grayskull stands which means I can have spares to use on a loose ankle figure that needs them

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC-version all the way...

The only thing, the vintage one is better, is that I have the memories of my childhood with him...

But the MOTUC-version is my ultimate Whiplash figure so far...
    Last edited by Berserker79; August 23, 2010 at 06:33am. Reason: Correction

Either one of the 200x Whiplash figures.... That guy is just a power house. Just the stance alone is awesome. His sculpt is exelent and the no parts sharing is a big plus too.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

200X. the old whiplash head just looks too dorky. even when i was a kid i felt this way.

MOTUC looks better

MOTUC...the 200x versions are too stunty / blocky in proportion.

Heroic Warrior
    It's hard to compare. The 200X design was def one of 4H's better re-invisions, but MOTUC is the better designed toyline.

If there is ever to be a 7 1/2" MOTUC full 200X version Whiplash, it would def be the best.

As with many of the creature figures I prefer the 200x redesign to the classic design.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    200X. the old whiplash head just looks too dorky. even when i was a kid i felt this way.
    You hit the nail on the head.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

MOTUC is the best easily! not even close. Classic 80's version would be second.