Thread: Is Mattel Going to NYCC This Year?

Is Mattel Going to NYCC This Year?

Hey,
    Anyone know if there will be a Mattel booth at NYCC 15? Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section, please move if so.

Thanks!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    They haven't been the last couple of years, so I would be surprised if they go this year.
    Most wanted: Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    they only missed 1 year, 2014, because they were going to go to power-con. now that power-con is no more, they should be there just like all the other years.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    they only missed 1 year, 2014, because they were going to go to power-con. now that power-con is no more, they should be there just like all the other years.
    Actually last year they originally said they weren't doing PowerCon because they were doing NYCC and it didn't make sense for them to travel east and do both back to back. Then there were financial shake ups within Mattel and they decided to also skip NYCC. So them missing PowerCon had nothing to do with them missing NYCC (we have to remember that it is "Mattel" attending these big conventions like SDCC/NYCC not just Mattycollector/or just the MOTU brand, thus Mattel is going to pick Cons that help promote multiple brands.

But you are correct that it was only last year they missed so there is still a possibility of them going back this year..... But given the fact that the Hover Robots are going to be at SDCC that seems like a strong indication that SDCC may be the only convention Mattel officially attends in 2015.
    TOP WANTS
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/
    Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Malektha/Twiggets/Granita
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot
    BEAST:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops

InspectorZartan's correct. Them not attending NYCC in 2014 had nothing to do with Power-Con. I don't believe they went to Comikaze last year either. So I don't expect them to attend NYCC this year as well.

I suspect SDCC is their only con appearance this year.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!