Thread: Given than no MOTUC compatible 2.0 refreshers were announced, what would you want?

Given that no MOTUC compatible 2.0 refreshers were announced, what would you want?

So the anticipated 2.0s aren't going to fit in with Classics, as the style is 100% cartoon accurate with almost no sculpted detail and very basic paint. If Mattel were to put out 2.0s of Classics staples, what would you want?

Here's what I'd go with (preferably out of sub):

Vintage toy He-man - with toy accurate color on boots/shorts/belt, toy accurate weapons, and the extra head that came with Oo-Larr, slightly updated harness (the original was slighty different on the red square things)

Vintage toy Skeletor - with the Dragon blaster forarms/boots, but not blastic, correct toy colors, vintage accurate face paint, standard Skeletor harness

Vintage toy Beast Man - just make him in a brighter orange and red color scheme

Vintage toy MAA - same sculpt, vintage toy accurate colors

Vintage toy Mer-Man - again with the Dragon Blaster forarms/boots, vintage toy colors, bonus Filmation head

Vintage toy Teela- with dark red boots/snake armor, staff and shield (the weapons pack armor was too bright with no shading), waist swivel

Vintage toy Zoar/Screech - make them big like the originals
    Last edited by Lich Leech; July 13, 2015 at 08:10pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    So the anticipated 2.0s aren't going to fit in with Classics, as the style is 100% cartoon accurate with almost no sculpted detail and very basic paint.
    I disagree with your premise. They look to me like they will fit in just fit.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Same here. Maybe it's a bigger deal to some people, but figures like Madame Razz, Lizard Man and Loo-Kee fit in just fine with characters like Blade and Saurod to me. I'm sure I'll feel the same with these upcoming faithful FILMation versions.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I, on the other hand, agree with Lich Leech. I don't like the look of the Filmation variants and will not be getting them. That said, I also don't care to add an 2.0s to my collection. I'm interested in new and different things, so the CC sub is all I'm buying. (I do plan to track down an Evilseed from the toon sub though.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

It's clear to me that they won't fit at all with Classics, but please try to save that argument for other threads. This thread is for ideas for true 2.0 figures
    By the ancients!!!

When Mer-Man was translated to the Classics series, the design selected was from the art featured on the vintage toy packaging. This is quite different than the actual toy we played with as children, and I feel there should be a place for thisdesign in the line. There are several key differences:

* More vibrant orange color in his face.
    * Orange loincloth.
    * Scaled skin-colored shins (same used by Dragon Blaster Skeletor).
    * Scaled skin-colored forearms and hands (same used by Dragon Blaster Skeletor).
    * Toy-accurate chest armor with different colors, secondary straps wrapping around his stomach, no spikes, more accurate fins on his shoulders and belly button.
    * Toy-accurate sword complete with guard over hand.
    * No detailed neck piece (this was also specific to the card art).

I'd just like a new Roboto with corrected torso plastic, the 200X chest armour, and maybe a method engineered into him for storage of all his arm attachments kind of like Trap Jaw.

I was hoping for some valid 2.0s to be revealed this go around. I love that Filmation fans are getting cool stuff that they like, but Filmation Beast Man just doesn't fill the hole in my collection.

I've also said this many times, but I feel slightly offended that the Filmation figures are offered as 2.0s. I can accept them as their own line, but telling me that I can have Filmation Beast Man when I want the real Beast Man is like an older brother patting me on the head and letting me play with a cartoony knock-off instead of the real one.

Now that I have that off of my chest . . .

200x versions of Teela and Beast-Man would be great. Same with Sorceress. Does that count as a 2.0 or as a variant?

I honestly was hoping to see He-Man and Skeletor from the current DC comics, but I figure that is the same thing as above.

Hunh. This is hard to answer actually. Ideally, I just want to be able to get existing key figures for a price I can afford. Re-releases would be my first choice, but Lich Leech has some seemingly good options in the first post. I would get behind all of those, and only offer:

1) Give that He-Man 2.0 suggested by Lich Leech a "sword aloft" hand like the Filmation figure has.

2) No need for bigger birds, for me anyway.

3) Adultcollector's Mer-Man 2.0 is spot on.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    When Mer-Man was translated to the Classics series, the design selected was from the art featured on the vintage toy packaging. This is quite different than the actual toy we played with as children, and I feel there should be a place for thisdesign in the line. There are several key differences:

* More vibrant orange color in his face.
    * Orange loincloth.
    * Scaled skin-colored shins (same used by Dragon Blaster Skeletor).
    * Scaled skin-colored forearms and hands (same used by Dragon Blaster Skeletor).
    * Toy-accurate chest armor with different colors, secondary straps wrapping around his stomach, no spikes, more accurate fins on his shoulders and belly button.
    * Toy-accurate sword complete with guard over hand.
    * No detailed neck piece (this was also specific to the card art).

http://www.poeghostal.com/images/mer-man_card_art.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibpmVbUeAkuw1A.jpg

Yup, one of my #1 wants

IMG_9458.jpg
    By the ancients!!!

I think a true 2.0 He-Man for Classics IMO would have to be his Classics figure with the new toy-accurate head packed with Oo-Larr along with modified accessories like an additional King Grayskull harness, maybe a red cape like He-Man wore in some vintage art, and perhaps a re-worked Power Sword and/or battle damaged shield. Skeletor could come with his Dragon Blaster forearms and Demo-Man feet (or maybe those new Vultak feet) and maybe some accessories he didn't have before like Plundor's axe perhaps in purple. Of course the 2.0 that would mean the most would be Teela maybe with a blonde tiara head this time and fixed waste articulation. Those are the kind of minor changes I think of when people say 2.0 maybe spiced up a bit with replaceable hands (open, closed, whatever) and bigger variety of weapons and energy effects to make it an "ultimate edition" or something. I'd be happy with that all being a separate sub of it's own though.

They could always make DC or 200x versions, but even more than 2.0s I think those could be saved for release in another variant line like the new Filmation one as a way to refresh the A-listers again when the Filmation line runs through them all.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

And by the descriptions, it sounds like they are just looking for reissues of existing figures...because that's what essentially the descriptions are of.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    1. Teela 2.0 - BROWN hair in a bun (one version of her toy heads) as well as blonde haired head with bun (one of her mini-comic looks). I would like to see her outfit be two pieces with waist-twist like most of the females have, based on the toy. I would like to see her come with her mini-comic sword with waist sheath, shield, spear and axe. She needs the Battleground Evil-Lyn rotating bracelets (so you can choose the direction they go).

I basically want Emiliano's Teela 2.0 but with everything else I mentioned. lol

I would like her face like brown-haired head based on India's version of Teela:

Picture's for head (blonde, mini-comic look) and shield:

2. Green Goddess: Many GG's have broken. She needs a re-do. She would use the same top as Teela 2.0 would, but need new "panties". Instead of being translucent, I think it would be AMAZING if she was made out of the same Glow-In-The-Dark green plastic as the Spirit of Grayskull figure. I would like a NEW head for her looking exactly like the 80's concept art she was based on. She would have painted eyes and lips, like the first Green Goddess figure. Accessories: staff from concept art, cobra armour done in mini-comics styling.

Again, basically Emiliano's 2.0 of her...BUT I would like her face GREEN still, with white bracelets, like the mini-comic.

3. Frosta 2.0 - translucent cape (not hair), Filmation head/hair (painted, NOT translucent hair)...and WHITE clothing! Please! lol Accessories: Styleguide snowflake wand, ice blast for hands.

4. 200X Roboto - He's a tank. Come on. He needs this.

5. MYP/200X Evil-Lyn - heavily requested. Special accessory: Winter Cloak.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 12, 2015 at 11:20pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Faker 2.0 with flesh colored skin and glowing eyes might be too similar to He-Man 2.0, but I still want him!!

End of Line
    The beautiful Teela was walking in the gardens near the castle when suddenly Faker and his friends leaped out from the underbrush!!

Heroic Warrior
    I know that there is no way to happen, but since we are speaking about 2.0 versions and personal preferences, at least at He-Man and Skeletor's case i would love to see Stjepan Sejic's Sideshow concept designs as 2.0. versions of them (or at least something similar)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    And by the descriptions, it sounds like they are just looking for reissues of existing figures...because that's what essentially the descriptions are of.
    Essentially what I'm looking for are versions based on the vintage toy in cases where what we got was based on the card back art. In some cases the difference is subtle, in some cases it is dramatic.
    By the ancients!!!

Heroic Warrior
    IF they were to do other variants of A listers I'd want them in 6 inch scale but to replicate everything from the vintage toy I.e. Same exact colored plastic same articulation same sculpt same accessories same action features In other words a six inch scale toyline of what the 12 inch Giants were doing. I would NOT want them using the existing motuc buck style. Essentially I would want a six inch vintage toy line in every way
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Now that the rules are seeming to change in terms of Mattel being prepared to incorporate some (ahem) 'action feature' elements such as the electronics for the Laser He-Man and Skeletor figures, the chest cavity for Buzz-Saw Hordak, I would put in a bid for:

1. Blast-Attak who can actually split in half - doesn't need to explode, just pull apart and plug back together again.

Other 2.0 candidates:

2. Goddess - with the mini-comic 2-piece cap/armor

3. Faker with caucasian skin and in addition to orange Skeletor vest, either an orange or purple He-Man vest

4. Articulated Cringer

5. Articulated Dragon Blaster

6. Toy Catra

7. Mini-comic Trap Jaw
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I guess the question is what you're looking for with a 2.0 version of the character.

Is it a redo of a figure that didn't turn out properly the first time - such as the Goddess, the Sorceress, Snout Spout or Roboto?
    In which case you're looking at essentially the same figure with the defects fixed.

Is it an improvement of an existing figure to give the toy more utility - such as a Rio Blast with a new torso, a regular He-Man who can hold the power sword aloft properly, or a Teela with a greater range of articulation.

Or is it a means to release a requested variant of the original MOTUC look of the figure? In this case, I would argue that the variant has to be distinctive and stand out from the original release. A Filmation version of He-Man is definitely distinctive - a version based on the original toy is much less so. I've been collecting He-Man toys off and on since 1983 and I couldn't tell you the differences in the colours between the MOTUC He-Man and the original release He-Man. I'll grant that many collectors are greater experts than I am, but I question the demand for that sort of variant in and of itself.

The only way it could work (in my opinion) would be to make the figure something more. Add in extra articulation to He-Man, throw in some extra accessories... anything to increase the utility of the figure in the eyes of the collector.

I can certainly see why the reveals from the new Filmation sub may not appeal to collectors looking for 2.0 versions of the characters. And any of the options from the opening post are certainly possible... but I think there would need to be a lot more to them to make them attractive to enough collectors to make them viable.

Personally, I think that MOTUC is broad and diverse enough that the new Filmation variants fit in perfectly. So I would disagree with the assumption that these figures aren't compatible, or that a 'true 2.0' needs to mimic a particular version of the character in order to be valid. Anything goes in Masters of the Universe, it always has!

I agree very much that the current 2.0 line does not fit with the Classics look.

2.0s in the Classics look that I would most want are:

Rio Blast with corrected chest.

Green Goddess - non translucent.

Frosta - with corrected face, white whites, and an ice spell effect.

And maybe even a second Hydron with a correctly fitting torso armor and unhelmeted head. Perhaps a Spin Fist Hydron figure would work well.
    Last edited by davidlogan; July 13, 2015 at 09:19am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yup, one of my #1 wants

IMG_9458.jpg
    Count me in as wanting that version of Mer-Man too!

While I LOVE the Mer-Man we got in Classics (he's my favorite figure in the line), it doesn't feel like we've TRULY finished the vintage line without a proper vintage toy Mer-Man.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    IF they were to do other variants of A listers I'd want them in 6 inch scale but to replicate everything from the vintage toy I.e. Same exact colored plastic same articulation same sculpt same accessories same action features In other words a six inch scale toyline of what the 12 inch Giants were doing. I would NOT want them using the existing motuc buck style. Essentially I would want a six inch vintage toy line in every way
    You might as well just get the original figures from eBay or something, if the only difference is one inch of height.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto