Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meterorbs mini sub? What do you think?

Meterorbs mini sub? What do you think?

Would you buy a mini sub of the Meterorbs if they made them bigger and more detailed? I think the 4H could really knock these guys out of the park and make them awesome.What do you think?

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    A lot of issues with this one. First off there are so many of them. It would be tough to get ten figures into one mini sub. The next issue would be scale. I personally do not want the tiny little scale. I would like to see them in the Star comics scale which would make them a beast size figure more than a regular figure so price would be a problem. The next thing is would people want them as animals or animal inspired characters like Emiliano made them? I would like to see it get done but I have high doubts. In the end I don't think their popularity is high enough to ever see it happen.
    Last edited by mick4metal; May 18, 2014 at 08:05pm.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

I think an NA mini-sub would have a better chance of going through than a Meteorbs mini-sub.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

If they did a mini-sub of 2-packs maybe it'd work? I think it'd be cool to make the for those that want them. Myself, I'd definitely have to see how they turned out as I have no love for them, really. No nostalgia. Even as a kid I kind of felt like they were just a weird cash-in attempt.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I would not buy this. There are so many more (and more popular) possibilitys for mini subs.
    I dont like the Meteorbs and dont want them in my collection.

I don't know if I'd want ALL of them, and they certainly wouldn't have to bulk up the size or detail in order to make them "fit" in the line order to get my attention... I'm just concerned that they'd be out-of-control expensive this stage in the game. There's, what? 10 of them, total? Dropping $300 to get all ten of them isn't something I'm really into at all. If they had been sprinkled throughout the line from the beginning... maybe a three-pack here, a three-pack there... or one packed in with the odd accessory-lite figure... the idea of Meteorbs would be more palatable for me, personally. But we're so close to wrapping up the line... I want Lord Masque before Orbear, Crita before Cometroid... where would these fit in at this point, and how much would they be? And they'd HAVE to transform, of course... so... ???
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    Would you buy a mini sub of the Meterorbs if they made them bigger and more detailed? I think the 4H could really knock these guys out of the park and make them awesome.What do you think?
    Yes I would. And I think its the ideal way to handle them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I think an NA mini-sub would have a better chance of going through than a Meteorbs mini-sub.
    I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If they did a mini-sub of 2-packs maybe it'd work? I think it'd be cool to make the for those that want them. Myself, I'd definitely have to see how they turned out as I have no love for them, really. No nostalgia. Even as a kid I kind of felt like they were just a weird cash-in attempt.
    Unless they make them beast-sized, I think 2 packs would be right.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I never had them as a kid but won't consider my collection complete until I have them all. Any way I can get them I'll take them.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Would I buy this? Probably. Do I want it? No. I can think of dozens of mini-subs I'd rather have. Filmation II, NA, Little Guys, 200x, Mini comic exclusive characters, Son of He-Man, Concept only, Create-a-Character runners up, etc. Pretty much the only mini sub I'd dislike more than this would be an all-variant sub.

Totally down for a mini-sub. but I'd want them to remain small in size, even better just do 1 6-pack and call it good. But I would much rather have a Trollan/Twiggit mini sub first.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Whatever we gotta do to get these things... sure. Where are all the Masters of the Universe fans??

I think it sounds about as successful as a screen door on a submarine.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    If they had been sprinkled throughout the line from the beginning... maybe a three-pack here, a three-pack there... or one packed in with the odd accessory-lite figure... the idea of Meteorbs would be more palatable for me, personally.
    That was exactly what I was thinking. Get out of my head!

On further reflection, though, the only reasonable way I could see this working is perhaps as a set of very small PVC-style pieces. They would not transform, and could be sold in a pack like the weapons pack. I might go for that, actually. They might go very well with the rock warriors on my display.

Anything else would be more expensive than they'd be worth to me. I only had a couple of them as a kid, and never had a strong attachment to them. Or any attachment, really.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I didn't even know they were He-man toys till 2 years ago. For that reason I'm out.

I'll stand behind whatever Joe Amato wants.

#NobodyGetsLeftBehind.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I don't know how well a mini-sub would work.

Quarterly, out of sub or convention 2-packs may be a better way to release them. How ever they go about it, I really hope we see the Meteorbs released in MOTUC!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I would definitely be in for it. The vintage line will not be complete without them.
    My MOTUC needs:
    Catch up: Granamyr, Tytus, Megator, He-Ro, Shadow Beast
    Coming soon: Tung Lashor, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Gwildor, Mermista, Spinerella, Lizard Man, Ninjor, Huntara, Skeletor's Hover Robots, Queen Angella, Blast-Attak, Multi-Bot, Sssqueeze
    Needs to make me feel like I have a complete collection: Peekablue, Perfuma, Dragstor, Saurod
    Wants: Lord Masque

Quote Originally Posted by tjhill2112 View Post
    I would definitely be in for it. The vintage line will not be complete without them.
    Everyone has their own preferences. For me, though, the feeling of the vintage line not being complete mainly revolves around vehicles and beasts. Battle-Ram, Attak Trak, Talon Fighter, Roton, Stridor, etc. These are the things that I would put in that category. The Meteorbs, for me personally, don't fall in that category at all.

I still think a small set of PVC's is more plausible, if anything is.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

i'm not really interested. I never really thought they fit the line.

I'd love to get some meteorbs. Not sure that a mini sub is the way to go, but wouldn't mind some of these guys. Speaking of which, are any of them female? LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I'm not sure how Meteorbs would be done for this line, but I'd imagine we'd get a static figure in animal form a-la cringer, and then a one-piece plastic egg for meteor form. That being said I don't think it would satisfy anybody. Meteorb fans would be raging because of the poor conversion, and Meteorb haters wouldn't buy them to begin with.

Honestly I don't think the vintage Meteorbs look half bad when displayed with classics. They don't fit in any better or worse than they did with the vintage line.

I really hopefully we get at least a few of them in the line.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

No, never had them, do not care for them.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Not something I would be interested in.