Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Many Versions of the Sorceress Will You Buy in the MOTUC?

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Well, I got 3 subs so 3 of her will be included then.

And 3 more of the MYP versions eventually if she does come out with the 2011 subs.

But as to other versions that's interesting enough to get, I am interested on the pink Sorceress that's seen in the mini-comics.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    1. Vintage Sorceress, though I'd prefer her to look more Filmation than vintage toy. Emiliano's MOTUC Vision of her would be great.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=2893
    That's what I want and probably the only one I'll buy. But I'm all for Mattel making other versions for those who want them.

Heroic Warrior
    I will buy one version.

I prefer the look of the 200X Egyptian-themed Sorceress, but if the 4H do a great job with the Classic chicken-themed Sorceress, then I might get that one (specially if it is the first version to be released). The 4H's choice of "wings" will also be a deciding factor. I much prefer the wings to be on the "back" of the figure (like the 200X design) so how the "wings" are placed on the classic figure will also be a deciding factor.

Cheers.

All I need is vintage toy version.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcala View Post
    80's style..for me the one and only Sorceress..
    Which 80's style are you referring to? The Filmation version or the ORIGINAL 80'S VERSION from the Series Bible which predates Filmation?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I would like a filmation style Sorceress, and wouldn't mind a pink mini comic version. The rest I could easily pass on.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Filmation style or vintage toy version is all I really want. Maybe Veena, but no real interest in a Egyptian style Soceress.

All of them. Especially:

Queen Veena
    200X
    Classic

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    The 4H's choice of "wings" will also be a deciding factor. I much prefer the wings to be on the "back" of the figure (like the 200X design) so how the "wings" are placed on the classic figure will also be a deciding factor.
    Nah, the Filmation-style Sorceress needs to have the cape; leaving the Angella-type wings to the MYP-style Sorceress, and forgetting all about the stupid little things masquerading as "wings" that the 198X toy and 200X proto had.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Nah, the Filmation-style Sorceress needs to have the cape; leaving the Angella-type wings to the MYP-style Sorceress, and forgetting all about the stupid little things masquerading as "wings" that the 198X toy and 200X proto had.
    What was wrong with the vintage toy? Last time I checked they do look like wings and when they were folded looked like a cape. Maybe I'm wrong.

They probably can't attach her cape to her arms Filmation-style. It would be a huge problem for articulation and movement and I imagine an attachment that thin could become very fragile. A free-falling cape would probably be fine, although I dunno. I'd be fine with more wing-like things too.

I

I want the 80's Version very badly, I hope they announce her soon
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Please no fabric capes. Look at most figures with capes overtime the curl up at the ends and look rather nasty and don't let them get dusty - eww.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Please no fabric capes. Look at most figures with capes overtime the curl up at the ends and look rather nasty and don't let them get dusty - eww.
    She'll have a plastic cape, for sure. Or wings.

I'd say three or four: Filmation / toy, NA, 200X and possibly a pre-Sorceress.

Heroic Warrior
    All of them.

I got imagination. I'll make them all different characters. Besides, MOTU could always use more X-chromosome. Bad rumors goin' round...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Which 80's style are you referring to? The Filmation version or the ORIGINAL 80'S VERSION from the Series Bible which predates Filmation?
    I really like that design of the Sorceress, but I'm thinking I would like it better if Mattel released her as an earlier Sorceress, maybe from Wun-Dar's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I don't know if "cape" is the right word, but I know what your saying. The "wings" need to be attached to the arms kinda like Spider-Woman's web gliders.
    Last edited by danielsan52; August 24, 2010 at 02:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I really like that design of the Sorceress, but I'm thinking I would like it better if Mattel released her as an earlier Sorceress, maybe from Wun-Dar's time.
    I like the original Series Bible Sorceress as well. To me she has an Egyptian look to her and looks nothing like Filmation. That's why I find it amusing when some try to bash the 200X Sorceress who ultimately looks more like the original version from the Series Bible.

If they released the MYP version as a different character or earlier Sorceress, I'd be okay with it. After all, I am not held prisoner to what the ink on the card says.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Blue and Orange Filmation style.

That's the only one I want. Hopefully they don't go 'wings' and actually find a way to make the cape attached to her arms like it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I like the original Series Bible Sorceress as well. To me she has an Egyptian look to her and looks nothing like Filmation. That's why I find it amusing when some try to bash the 200X Sorceress who ultimately looks more like the original version from the Series Bible.

If they released the MYP version as a different character or earlier Sorceress, I'd be okay with it. After all, I am not held prisoner to what the ink on the card says.
    Maybe, but she looks nothing like the Egyptian look they gave her in the 200X series. She actually looks more like a Greek Goddess.

I'd buy all Sorceress versions, even the Christine Pickle's movie version.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

i'm sure we will be getting a classic filmation sorceress first.. we have zoar / filmation colors. would not make sense to release myp version first off.. if they did that would be soo cruel
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Likely two. Its She-ra and Catra that should have variant every year if you ask me. Alot of stuff from the old line and new ideas could be used.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    -Vintage toy version: I'm really worried that her head beak will be aimed up (like the vintage toy did) instead of rest on her forehead (like filmation and minicomics). Regardless, this is the definitive version of the Sorceress for me so I'm getting her.

-White mini-comics version: I really like this one, especially if she has short wings that just come off her sleeves as depicted in "he-man and the insect people"

-Pink mini-comics version: fun, but i don't need her if we get the all white version.

-NA mini-comics version: Love the all white/silver metalic look...a must have!!

-NA cartoon version: unsure. maybe she'll win me over when she's made.

-200x version: Not a fan of this design at all; but her fans should have the oportunity to purchase her.

-green skin, cobra armor version: well, I already got one, but I'd like a non transluscent version.

-flesh skin, cobra armor version: got one, love her!

-series bible version: same as the 200x version, not for me, maybe it's all the green.

-movie version: not for me...she looked pretty though.

Wow that's 10 versions of the Sorceress, did I miss any?
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; August 24, 2010 at 04:10pm.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Yep, Judeh!

You missed the 200X Sorceress in Classic Colors (the best of all), and some consider a Teela-Na to be a Sorceress variant. It seems to me that would be more of a Teela variant, though.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!