Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How Many Versions of the Sorceress Will You Buy in the MOTUC?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    some consider a Teela-Na to be a Sorceress variant. It seems to me that would be more of a Teela variant, though.
    She's a Teela variant in that, with Teela being a clone of the Sorceress, they probably look the same, but I want Teela-Na to have her hair down unlike Teela's.

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    She's a Teela variant in that, with Teela being a clone of the Sorceress, they probably look the same, but I want Teela-Na to have her hair down unlike Teela's.
    More likely to be this version if they ever do that version of the Sorceress.

(Minus HYPER ANIME DETAIL of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...a/teelana2.jpg

I could handle that design but she better be a red head.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I could handle that design but she better be a red head.
    Sorceress was a redhead in both series.

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutly lovely design. But what exactly would be Anime Hyper Detail there?
    That term is just insane...
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Wait. Aren't they saying now that the Blonde Teela is the Sorceress? The Alcala mini-comics are supposed to be earlier than Adam's adulthood. They turned that He-Man into Oo-Larr....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Wait. Aren't they saying now that the Blonde Teela is the Sorceress? The Alcala mini-comics are supposed to be earlier than Adam's adulthood. They turned that He-Man into Oo-Larr....
    ...what? I'm genuinely confused by what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    Absolutly lovely design. But what exactly would be Anime Hyper Detail there?
    That term is just insane...
    Yeah, but I you don't post that all the haters will be rolling in to hate.
    Last edited by Sandman; August 24, 2010 at 06:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Teela-Na is just the Sorceress' name before she became the Sorceress. She doesn't need to be retconned into MOTUC canon ala mini-comic He-Man/Oo-Larr and prototype sketch He-Man/Vikor. That design above is fan art based on the 2002 version of the Sorceress. Since the Filmation Teela-Na is currently off limits and I'm unsure about the 2002 design, I'm not expecting a Teela-Na anytime soon.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I don't know if "cape" is the right word, but I know what your [sic] saying. The "wings" need to be attached to the arms kinda like Spider-Woman's web gliders.
    Well, "cape" seems more accurate than "wings", since it hangs loosely. [In a way, it's almost like the huge sleeves the elves have in the LotR movies].

Since the Filmation Teela-Na is currently off limits and I'm unsure about the 2002 design,...
    They can do any MYP design they like. [Whether they will is, of course, another matter as you note.]
    Last edited by Reboot; August 24, 2010 at 06:59pm.

I would love any and all of these:

-Vintage/Filmation Sorceress
    -Pink Mini-Comic Sorceress
    -White Mini-Comic Sorceress
    -New Adventures Mini-Comics Sorceress
    -(if ever possible) NA toon Sorceress
    -MYP/200X Sorceress
    -Young Sorceress (as seen in MYP)
    -If ever possible ('87 Movie Sorceress)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm only interested in a MYP/200X Sorceress, but I doubt I'll buy her as it will take forever for Mattel to make the figure.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I want this Sorceress too:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Teela-Na is just the Sorceress' name before she became the Sorceress. She doesn't need to be retconned into MOTUC canon ala mini-comic He-Man/Oo-Larr and prototype sketch He-Man/Vikor. That design above is fan art based on the 2002 version of the Sorceress. Since the Filmation Teela-Na is currently off limits and I'm unsure about the 2002 design, I'm not expecting a Teela-Na anytime soon.
    What really annoys me by now (and this is something that was taken up on Gooble as well) is that some people have started to go "The Alcala minicomics are about OO-Lar" or somesuch.

They are NOT.

They're about He-Man. Not Oo-Lar. Oo-Lar only exists in the MOTUC canon which is a NEW canon that takes aspects of all previous canons.
    Last edited by Sandman; August 24, 2010 at 08:06pm.

I'm referring to the MOTUC cannon. Oo-Larr is now the "jungle He-man", and I think that's it's being assumed that MAA and Stratos are the same people, but the blonde Teela is actually Teela's mom (Sorceress) or some such. I'm not very clear on it, and I'm only getting this from conjecture on the forums.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

What really ****** me off by now (and this is something that was taken up on Gooble as well) is that some people have started to go "The Alcala minicomics are about OO-Lar" or somesuch.

They are NOT.

They're about He-Man. Not Oo-Lar. Oo-Lar only exists in the MOTUC canon which is a NEW canon that takes aspects of all previous canons.
    I wasn't trying to rile anyone up. I love the first 4 mini-comics as well as the He-Man who has Prince Adam as a secret identity. I also think Oo-Lar sounds like a cool idea(although I hope there's more to him than just He-Man without boots).

Again, it's too bad Mattel doesn't let some company make a bunch of comic books set in the various MOTU canons the same way Hasbro does with G.I. Joe and Transformers. We could have stories set in the worlds of the first 4 mini-comics, the DC Comics, Filmation, the 1987 movie, MYP, MOTUC, and whatever other alternate continuity has been used over the years(UK Comics, coloring books, etc.).

I'm referring to the MOTUC cannon. Oo-Larr is now the "jungle He-man", and I think that's it's being assumed that MAA and Stratos are the same people, but the blonde Teela is actually Teela's mom (Sorceress) or some such. I'm not very clear on it, and I'm only getting this from conjecture on the forums.
    Sorry, I was unaware of that. As far as I know, Teela with blonde hair will probably be the same character with a different hair style. She might even be a part of one of the DCUC VS MOTUC 2-packs. If they make a new character out of every costume design, it will get pretty confusing.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I wasn't trying to rile anyone up. I love the first 4 mini-comics as well as the He-Man who has Prince Adam as a secret identity. I also think Oo-Lar sounds like a cool idea(although I hope there's more to him than just He-Man without boots).
    No offense taken. I didn't mean to sound upset either, and I overreacted a bit. Some people seem to think that MOTUC is some kind of end-all be-all MOTU canon... As you say, I'd love it if we could have some distinct "eras" instead of just shoehorning everything together in a mess.

Similar, I don't really feel they need to justify things like Vikor with a "canon" bio. Just call him "Concept art He-Man" or something and let it be.

I'd buy the following:

- Pink mini-comic Sorceress & pink Zoar (this should be released soon as an exclusive to fill the gap until 2016 when vintage colours Sorceress is released)

- vintage colours Sorceress

- white mini-comic Sorceress (with Movie head pack-in)

- 200x Sorceress

- Veena

- concept artwork Sorceress (as per Darkspectre above) as the villain Enchantress

- Teela-Na (either MYP or FILMation outfits),
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That sorceress looks awesome!

**Please remove image tags when replying with a quote. Thanks!**
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    concept artwork Sorceress (as per Darkspectre above) as the villain Enchantress
    She could become the Evil Sorceress that trapped the Star Sisters and sent the hurtling through space...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    She could become the Evil Sorceress that trapped the Star Sisters and sent the hurtling through space...
    Was that in an episode? I can't remember the Star Sisters on POP.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Was that in an episode? I can't remember the Star Sisters on POP.
    Nah. That was the origin story for their toys. They were only in one episode of the cartoon for, like, 20 seconds.

PP84 - Bow's Magical Gift
    "Bow's Magical Gift" has the rather forced and rather blatant appearance of the Star Sisters. Bow demonstrates his newfound magical weapon while Tallstar, Jewelstar, and Starla watch. For those that do not know, the Star Sisters were one of the last line of toys to be released for the She-Ra series, but even though prototype figures were made and advertised, the figures sadly never made it to toy shelves. The Star Sisters are sadly to remain as a very small part of the She-Ra concept that could have gone onto bigger and better things had the toys and the series continued.

Honestly, I'll do my best to buy all of them they let me buy.

Vintage/Filmation styled in original colors, pink, and white (though I also wouldn't mind a hybrid pink & white version in stead of separate pink and white versions).

200X in both 200X and original colors.

As for Veena, well, the same goes for her, but when I think of The Sorceress, I think of Teela-Na/Teela'Na (or however we're typing it out this week, though I despise the spelling "Teelana" as it seems to me to change the accented syllable).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...a/teelana2.jpg

...but this is the figure I want the most, which is not the same as an unhelmeted 200X Sorceress. Not that I think we'd get it, but I want it.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Maybe, but she looks nothing like the Egyptian look they gave her in the 200X series. She actually looks more like a Greek Goddess.
    In your OPINION, but then again, you've already put your cards on the table, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Maybe Veena, but no real interest in a Egyptian style Soceress.
    TO ME, the Series Bible Sorceress looks MORE LIKE the 200X Sorceress than the Filmation Sorceress. I like both of them so I hope we get both of them. I don't care for a NA Sorceress but I hope she gets made as well for those fans that want her. I'm one of those fans who want everyone to be happy, not just me.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I don't want any Sorceress! No Version!

I only want the classic colours ZOAR!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePuzzler View Post
    I don't want any Sorceress! No Version!

I only want the classic colours ZOAR!
    Seriously? I've never heard of anyone who didn't want a Sorceress figure. Besides He-Man himself, she's the most important character in the MOTU universe.

That's...very shocking to me!