Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Family Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh. So we don't know if Edwina's mother or father is related to Randor?
    We are totally in the dark...

I'll check my book based on this episode to see if it sheds any light. It's in Portuguese...which I don't speak...and pieces are missing.
    I just took a look at the script - The character description for Lady Edwina states the she is "a DISTANT cousin/relative of Prince Adam's"...

What I want to know is HOW distant?!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    We are totally in the dark...
    Just as I thought.

I just took a look at the script - The character description for Lady Edwina states the she is "a DISTANT cousin/relative of Prince Adam's"...

What I want to know is HOW distant?!
    I haven't watched the episodes since the DVDs were released, so I'm a bit rusty...... but here's how the story goes in my book so far (based on translating):

- She's introduced as the King's niece (no names for anyone mentioned yet)
    - She says "You must be the king's son." Indicating she has never met Adam before. (later she says she's heard a lot about the "famous" Adam).
    - Randor says he heard she did well in track. She responds by saying "I think so" and something else not important and she's bored that nobody is fighting or attacking them. Here's her exact (translated) quote: "no enemy in the way .. no fight ... nothing"
    - Randor wants Adam to give her a tour of the palace, she's upset because "all palaces look the same."
    - Adam says he wants to introduce her to his friends. (here's where it gets interesting). Teela, overhearing, says "bah! the friends of princes are only serving courtiers and fools!" Harsh!
    - Orko then introduces himself and she says "And what is it? A flying carpet?" She asks Adam to show her to her room. He asks if she wants to meet his other friends. She says "The girl and the old suit? Please spare me the trouble, yes?" Teela says "I'll show her what this girl can do" and she's going to beat her up, obviously but MAA holds her back and says "No!"
    - Later, Edwina says she'll die of boredom and Teela says "Good! Then we won't have to talk to her anymore."

She's a Princess in this book: "Cannot be said that the Princess has caused a good impression the royal family..."
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 28, 2010 at 06:07am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I haven't watched the episodes since the DVDs were released, so I'm a bit rusty...... but here's how the story goes in my book so far (based on translating):

- She says "You must be the king's son." Indicating she has never met Adam before.
    - Randor says he heard she did well in track. She responds by saying "I think so" and something else not important and she's bored that nobody is fighting or attacking them. Here's her exact (translated) quote: "no enemy in the way .. no fight ... nothing"
    That sounds like a VERY different character to the Lady Edwina that appeared in the actual episode!

Very interesting, Darkspecter. Thanks for your translation efforts and for posting the results here - I didn't know yet that there is a portuguese comic book showing Lady Edwina so different to her Filmation counterpart!

Hmm... I'd also like to know how distant Edwina is related to King Randor, as I can hardly imagine that she's a niece of Queen Marlena, who came from earth in the Filmation series... Or is there the possibility that some of Marlena's relatives visited Eternia in the meantime and stayed there??? Has Marlena's brother or sister maybe founded an own family on Eternia?

Oh boy, there are so many questions resulting from that... ;-)

This is great, I am enjoying learning all this information.
    So it appears that Edwina is not a direct Niece of Randor, but perhaps a First cousin, twice removed or a Second cousin, once removed or perhaps a Third cousin. But that doesn't explain Randor referring to her as a Niece, since Niece is only used in Niece, Grand-Niece, Great-Grand-Niece...
    Perhaps she is a relative of Marlena's, but then the same conundrum applies...
    Although it would explain the title Lady, although I like the title Princess used in your Portuguese book, Darkspecter.

In This Thread I asked about Adam's Nephews, and thanks again to James, found out Randor may have yet another Brother. This is so much fun!
    Last edited by SlyVenom; August 31, 2010 at 08:58am.

Just as I thought.

- She says "You must be the king's son." Indicating she has never met Adam before. (later she says she's heard a lot about the "famous" Adam).
    - Randor wants Adam to give her a tour of the palace, she's upset because "all palaces look the same."
    - Adam says he wants to introduce her to his friends. (here's where it gets interesting). Teela, overhearing, says "bah! the friends of princes are only serving courtiers and fools!" Harsh!
    - Orko then introduces himself and she says "And what is it? A flying carpet?" She asks Adam to show her to her room. He asks if she wants to meet his other friends. She says "The girl and the old suit? Please spare me the trouble, yes?" Teela says "I'll show her what this girl can do" and she's going to beat her up, obviously but MAA holds her back and says "No!"
    - Later, Edwina says she'll die of boredom and Teela says "Good! Then we won't have to talk to her anymore."

She's a Princess in this book: "Cannot be said that the Princess has caused a good impression the royal family..."
    Did well in track? As this was the first episode of He-Man I ever saw (and watched it many times), that sounds like they changed quite a lot about the character. I know she commented on how much Adam has grown, and that before he was "little Adam" so it implied to me she had met him at least once before.

It always bothered me that Edwina was flirty with Adam--enough to make Teela jealous even, so maybe that's why she's said to be "distant." Maybe she's comes from the side of the family related by marriage to Randor's brother?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyVenom View Post
    In This Thread I asked about Adam's Nephews, and thanks again to James, found out Randor may have yet another Brother. This is so much fun!
    I just checked the annual - It turns out it isn't Randor's brother...It's his cousin!

King Sullei - King of Silvanos

But this is where it gets interesting...

Sullei's sister, The Prophetess, a woman who exists alone atop an ancient volcano, not only reveals that the Sorceress is an old friend, but that she also knows that Prince Adam and He-Man are one and the same!

Man, I really should read these old UK annuals a lot more...

I just checked the annual - It turns out it isn't Randor's brother...It's his cousin!

Sullei's sister, The Prophetess, a woman who exists alone atop an ancient volcano, not only reveals that the Sorceress is an old friend, but that she also knows that Prince Adam and He-Man are one and the same!

Awesome!
    Even better than that you should blog about your findings!
    I have your blog bookmarked and check it often.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Did well in track? As this was the first episode of He-Man I ever saw (and watched it many times), that sounds like they changed quite a lot about the character. I know she commented on how much Adam has grown, and that before he was "little Adam" so it implied to me she had met him at least once before.
    That's what I got from my translation. I plan on scanning all these comics and translating them so everyone can enjoy these rare, and interesting stories...and also see the differences between the "as seen on TV" comics.

I can ask my dad if I translated that right, because he speaks Portuguese...but these are Brazillian comics, so it's a different dialect of Portuguese. So, who knows. *shrugs*

It always bothered me that Edwina was flirty with Adam--enough to make Teela jealous even, so maybe that's why she's said to be "distant." Maybe she's comes from the side of the family related by marriage to Randor's brother?
    Yeah, that was weird. In the comic, it doesn't seem that way though. She just seems bored, feels she's better than everyone else and should be pampered. Teela just outright hates her!

That's all very interesting info! I should read all my really obscure She-Ra stuff I've collected too, see if there's any relative information in there.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I am also thinking that perhaps Niece and Nephews may not be a literal meaning of Niece and Nephews, but may in fact mean a cousin's offspring, which would make a lot more sense.
    Last edited by SlyVenom; September 2, 2010 at 04:16pm.

Cool! I agree with gbagok and think that Lady Edwina MUST be a distant relative of Prince Adam, for as a direct cousin she wouldn't be able to flirt with him in a way that makes even Teela jealous...

@ Busta Toons: Thank you so much for revealing that! So King Randor has a cousin, King Sullei, who may be Lady Edwina's father... Great, I like this idea!
    And it's a really exciting fact that King Sullei's sister, The Prophetess, is an old friend of the Sorceress and knows about Adam's secret...

By the way, living atop an ancient volcano, The Prophetess reminds me of a fanfiction character I once created: Flame, Frosta's fiery elder sister, was born from the lava of an Etherian volcano and was once Evil - she even was Hordak's darling, long before he got to know Shadow Weaver.
    Sorry for digressing!

How weird, I was just reading the story Silvanos Threatened the other day, and then come across this thread.

I have a feeling there's another Queen who's the member of the Royal Family in an early UK annual, I'll have a check.

Miro is THE man!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    @ Busta Toons: Thank you so much for revealing that! So King Randor has a cousin, King Sullei, who may be Lady Edwina's father... Great, I like this idea!
    And it's a really exciting fact that King Sullei's sister, The Prophetess, is an old friend of the Sorceress and knows about Adam's secret...
    I hadn't read those books in so long that when I was skimming through the story I was actually quite shocked when she reveals she knows the Prince Adam/He-Man connection!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    By the way, living atop an ancient volcano, The Prophetess reminds me of a fanfiction character I once created: Flame, Frosta's fiery elder sister, was born from the lava of an Etherian volcano and was once Evil - she even was Hordak's darling, long before he got to know Shadow Weaver.
    Sorry for digressing!
    It's good to digress - It's funny you should mention that - One of the unproduced She-Ra episodes "Amber Waves of Flame" was written about Frosta's enemy who was a fire-based character named Amber; who in later drafts was renamed Volcana!

at first i thought distance was on marlenas side for lady edwina so that was something else that popped into my head. ive often wondered to if king boreious from the trip to morania ep isnt just a friend but another of randors family branched out
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    at first i thought distance was on marlenas side for lady edwina so that was something else that popped into my head. ive often wondered to if king boreious from the trip to morania ep isnt just a friend but another of randors family branched out
    I like the idea - That said, in the episode he refers to him as "My good friend Boreas." - And looking at the character description in the script he's described as a "friend of King Randor's"...so I doubt there are any connections...

I like the idea - That said, in the episode he refers to him as "My good friend Boreas." - And looking at the character description in the script he's described as a "friend of King Randor's"...so I doubt there are any connections...
    yes but its something to think bout especially since princess janice also knows bout adams secret

as for lady edwina i wonder if u liked that idea as i mentioned above as well?
    dont be someone yer not

yes but its something to think bout especially since princess janice also knows bout adams secret
    Oh no, she doesn't know Adam's secret - The line in reference to the ice monster is, "I liked the way you boxed him up" - She doesn't know He-Man is in Morainia, and presumes that Adam (somehow) caged the monster!

as for lady edwina i wonder if u liked that idea as i mentioned above as well?
    That Marlena and Edwina are related? - I doubt it - The fact that Marlena came from Earth without any of her relations kind of kills any possible family ties from Earth...

[QUOTE=Busta Toons;2526546]Oh no, she doesn't know Adam's secret - The line in reference to the ice monster is, "I liked the way you boxed him up" - She doesn't know He-Man is in Morainia, and presumes that Adam (somehow) caged the monster! 'i believe she does cause she says it directly to adam and then u see a look of surprise on his face so theres a good chance she knows

also we know king miro the question is whos randors mom?
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I have a feeling there's another Queen who's the member of the Royal Family in an early UK annual, I'll have a check.
    I've double checked this, and it is from the very first annual. Queen Amaxa of Tarn, Adam calls her his cousin, but to be honest, she's actually more Randors cousin.

In fact, Randor actually says that his mother and Amaxa's mother were sisters
    Tweet Me!

i believe she does cause she says it directly to adam and then u see a look of surprise on his face so theres a good chance she knows
    I think if she knew they would have actually addressed it in the episode!

Prince Adam is supposed to be slightly taken back by her courage and ridiculous enthusiasm - That's why he's a little put out - As I said she doesn't know He-Man is in Morainia and zips through the caverns after Adam, Cringer, and Orko have arrived...

also we know king miro the question is whos randors mom?
    Sadly she was never mentioned in the 223 episodes...

I've double checked this, and it is from the very first annual. Queen Amaxa of Tarn, Adam calls her his cousin, but to be honest, she's actually more Randors cousin. In fact, Randor actually says that his mother and Amaxa's mother were sisters
    Queen Amaxa - That's the one - Good work, sir! - I remember as a kid struggling to read her name because it had an X in it...

Another one from the first annual, Queen Xerxa of Eternia (boy, they liked their X's in that first annual. Eternian Scrabble must be a high scoring game)

Queen Xerxa was an ancestor of Adam, whose spirit and those of her people were in modern Eternia as the Time Portal had been shut by an ancestor of Skeletor (Demo-Man? That would explain why Skeletor knew so much about it). It's not fully known where on the family tree she was, but she did say she had been trapped for centuries, so anywhere from 200 years or more would be my guess.

I might try and scan some of these pictures in for your family tree
    Tweet Me!

Thanks, Toymaker!

The updated tree is at the top of the first page!
    As always any suggestions or new information are always welcome.

Cool new tree. I will find time to scan soon and will be able to give you Amaxa, Sullei, Prophetess and Xerxa pictures.

I'll try and make sure that there's no more relatives in the annuals as well
    Tweet Me!

Thanks Toymaker!
    I added info on which cannon the Relatives originate from
    Last edited by SlyVenom; September 18, 2010 at 02:24pm.

Cool new tree. I will find time to scan soon and will be able to give you Amaxa, Sullei, Prophetess and Xerxa pictures.

I'll try and make sure that there's no more relatives in the annuals as well

Oh yeah, please do that! I'd appreciate it and will furthermore watch this thread to be informed as soon as something new happens here.