Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MVC Comics - Collected Info About Emiliano's Ideas for the Comic

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Thanks, PanMan, I've corrected my error with the OED vs. OTD!

I'm still hoping we might get some more tidbits revealed--I'm really curious about the possible plans related to Schneidor's temple, the Padaween Stone and the Thenurians. I'm also curious about timeframes.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Okay, I was recently re-reading volume 1 of the comic and there is a lot of stuff I understand better now, which is very cool! But I have a ton of new questions

The Sorceress states that "What was left of the crystal was assembled and trapped forever in a dimensional rift that only a chosen few could penetrate." Does this mean the Shakkaran crystal was in this same dimensional rift when Skeletor has it in issue 1? We know the Havoc Staff is a key, and it was present in the little cave room, and he did use it to transport back to his throne room. Yet Evil Lyn states that Skeletor has they Shakkaran crystal hidden deep within Snake Mountain. Is she incorrect?

If it is in the dimensional rift, why is He-Man led to Snake Mountain by the shard? Evil Lyn states that this is the only shard other than the main Shakkaran crystal, and the Shakkaran crystal was in the other dimension (if my theory is correct) when the Shard started glowing. Was Evil Lyn wrong/lying when she said that Shard was the last one?

The Shard of Darkness starts glowing as they approach the room with the transporter inside Snake Mountain. Why is this, as the Shakkaran crystal is not yet present there? Is it somewhere inside Snake Mountain afterall and not in the dimensional rift?

If it was inside Snake Mountain in issue 1, who took it from the dimensional rift prior to issue 1? Skeletor?

Is the power of the Unnamed infusing Trap Jaw when Evil Lyn boosts his power?

Does the Balrog-like shape of the Unnamed resemble his true form? Or is that a form he stole from another creature?

It looked like the Unnamed was escaping before He-Man shattered the Shakkaran crystal. Did he escape? Did He-Man unknowingly destroy his prison so that he can never be caught again? Or did he trap him once again by shattering the crystal?

And now for a different question. What media does Nordor (the Ancient) come from? Is this purely developed my MVC, or is there some sort of being called Nordor in an old mini comic or something? I'd like to learn more about him if I could.

Thanks
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Some of these I'll answer.
    Emiliano can answer others if he wants.

There's pieces of the story not fully revealed to the reader. You have to fill in the gaps, or invent your own, depending on how you look at it.
    The crystal was trapped in another dimension originally.
    But obviously Skeletor had a great section of it in his posession.
    How did he get it? How long had he had it? I'd rather hear fan ideas/theories. In reality, we hadn't mapped out an exact chronology of how this all occured, even though we had an idea.

You have to consider, Evil-Lyn is very much on-the-outside-looking-in on much of Skeletor's life, despite thinking she has more of a grasp on things.
    Skeletor's no moron. He keeps his own eye on Evil-Lyn. There's not much that escapes him.

I explained the transporting in another thread a long time ago, I believe, but I can't find it at the moment if it's still here.
    At that time, Skeletor relied on spells involving runes to transport from place to place (we were working on evolving the non-teleportation standard in the MYP cartoon).

Trap Jaw's power boost is connected to a Filmation episode. I'm sure someone else can explain that one.

What happened to the Unnamed one?
    *shrugs*

The concept of Nordor was one of those "all the pieces of the puzzle were there" things. We talk a bit about it vaguely for a moment in episode 015 of Roast Gooble Dinner. It wasn't something previously laid out, but just came natural when viewing the existing story elements.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Trap Jaw's power boost is connected to a Filmation episode. I'm sure someone else can explain that one.
    For those that might not remember;
    "Double Edged Sword", where Trap-Jaw eats a piece of Eternium (material used to power up the Royal Palace) and becomes supercharged.

Some of these I'll answer.
    Emiliano can answer others if he wants.

There's pieces of the story not fully revealed to the reader. You have to fill in the gaps, or invent your own, depending on how you look at it.
    The crystal was trapped in another dimension originally.
    But obviously Skeletor had a great section of it in his posession.
    How did he get it? How long had he had it? I'd rather hear fan ideas/theories. In reality, we hadn't mapped out an exact chronology of how this all occured, even though we had an idea.

You have to consider, Evil-Lyn is very much on-the-outside-looking-in on much of Skeletor's life, despite thinking she has more of a grasp on things.
    Skeletor's no moron. He keeps his own eye on Evil-Lyn. There's not much that escapes him.

I explained the transporting in another thread a long time ago, I believe, but I can't find it at the moment if it's still here.
    At that time, Skeletor relied on spells involving runes to transport from place to place (we were working on evolving the non-teleportation standard in the MYP cartoon).

What happened to the Unnamed one?
    *shrugs*

The concept of Nordor was one of those "all the pieces of the puzzle were there" things. We talk a bit about it vaguely for a moment in episode 015 of Roast Gooble Dinner. It wasn't something previously laid out, but just came natural when viewing the existing story elements.
    Thanks for the response!

So do you mean the piece of the crystal Skeletor had was only like half of the whole crystal?? Or were there just a few small pieces missing?

It's nice to know that Skeletor is privy to most things that are going on, but was Tri-Klops the only way he figured this one out? That doesn't seem too reliable, although I remember reading something to the effect of Tri-Klops having a "forced" loyalty to Skeletor.

So that wasn't interdimensional travel then? It was moving through rooms in Snake mountain, or perhaps somewhere else on Eternia? That's cool, though I dislike how you guys were constrained by the decisions MYP made. Still, too much teleportation is no good, otherwise you could appear in the King's bedroom one random night for example, and voila... instant hostage! ...or King Adam's rule begins, lol.

That seems like a knowing shrug about the Unnamed one... I'll twist your arm about him another time. Perhaps he went off to find the other pieces of the crystal to become whole again? I'd like to think that He-Man made a mistake in destroying the crystal, you know, because he's new and still learning etc. But how was the Unnamed able to escape the crystal in Orko's shape anyways? He lost to Adam afterall, so wouldn't he be sticking around in the crystal licking his wounds? Regardless, the Sorceress says that when the crystal was shattered before, it was "to the dismay of all." So I don't see how He-Man destroying the crystal this time would be a good thing.

That's what I assumed about Nordor, but I was wondering if the name popped up in some classic media. So I guess you took the name from New Adventures and intended to tie the moon to the Ancient somehow? Either way, I think it is a very cool concept of him splitting his essence in two, and it makes me like and accept Horde Prime a lot more!

So here's a different question again. I recall reading way back when that you had originally intended to do a 4-part mini series to kick off the comic as a wrap up of the classic story, but Mattel didn't want you to do that so you did the Shard of Darkness story. Am I remembering correctly? If so, what were the plans for the that one

p.s. Thanks Jukka for the Filmation reference!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Is the crystal related somehow to the crystal in the NA cartoon that Skeletor uses to "power up?"

I wonder, considering all the time travel, if Skeletor somehow had access to the crystal and new that part of it was in space as well... if you guys used the NA crystal (not the Primus crystals, but the singular crystal that caused Skeletor to change costumes).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thanks everyone for the great questions, and to Val for the new answers--I've updated the list!!!

Another question I just thought of: Can you guys tell us more about Keldor's scientist in the Icons of Evil: Tri-Klops story? (For the record, I've always assumed he was Galen Nycroft.)

Thanks!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    What made you guys decide, in your canon, to make He-Ro and King Grayskull the same person??? I, personally, always thought that they could either be brothers or He-Ro is the son Veena gives birth to sometime after King Grayskull's death. Those are just my thoughts.

Also, another quick question. Did you guys ever think of telling a story about how He-Man might have eventually received his classic 80's style uniform within the comics????
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I viewed He-Ro as someone separate from King Grayskull.
    That's Emiliano's decision.
    So I just went along with it.

WOW!! What a great read!! Now I miss those comics even more!!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kenobi96 View Post
    WOW!! What a great read!! Now I miss those comics even more!!
    Me too!!! Man I wish we had a MOTUC canon comic!!!
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Great thread Telkan2!

It's nice to be able to read background info on characters, places etc...

I missed out on a number of things during the 200X heyday and the comics were one of those

Fortunately, i've been able to locate a lot of the comics lately and bought as many as 10 issues in one swoop! Funnily enough, i wasn't always the biggest comic book fan (maybe it's not a good idea to mention that? ) but these are something else!!

Yep, these comics are pretty easy to find (well, except for some exclusives).
    Sad commentary on the value of comics as a whole.
    If people only knew how small the runs were on today's comics.
    If there was a boom in comic collectibility, a number of comics from the past ten years would have some real value.

If there was a boom in comic collectibility, a number of comics from the past ten years would have some real value.
    Without derailing the thread:

The comic book secondary market never quite recovered from the "speculator craze" in the early-mid 90's. Heck, some smaller publishers still vainly try to cling to it by pushing out mediocre titles with tons of alternate covers and such.

Also, standard comment about the heavy competition with online gaming etcetera, you all know the drill.

Believe it or not, there are only two places that i know of here in Melbourne (same retailer, just two stores in different locations! LoL) other than those stores, the comics are not that easy to find

The graphic novels (is that correct?) are next to impossible to locate unless i buy from o/s - e.g. Amazon etc...)

Is it possible to say or list which ones are exclusives?

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge LoL, but would it be fair to say the internet might be a contributor for the trend of comic collectibility?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Believe it or not, there are only two places that i know of here in Melbourne (same retailer, just two stores in different locations! LoL) other than those stores, the comics are not that easy to find

The graphic novels (is that correct?) are next to impossible to locate unless i buy from o/s - e.g. Amazon etc...)

Is it possible to say or list which ones are exclusives?
    Grahamcrackers.com has all of them

and our list on the site is pretty complete too:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/section.php?id=52

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Grahamcrackers.com has all of them

and our list on the site is pretty complete too:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/section.php?id=52
    Thank you! I'll be sure to check those out

Updated with some new info the awesome Penny Dreadful was kind enough to pull for me from the Roast Gooble discussions. Thanks, Penny!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Just a little idea: It would be awesome if you could highlight updated entries. Makes it easier to follow what's new.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Not a bad iea at all--I'll see what I can do! Until I can get around to it, though, here's a quick list:

Updates as of October 15, 2010:

Gar, The
    Illumina
    Infinitia
    Keldor
    Marzo, Count
    Miro, Captain
    Mother [Keldor]

Previous Updates (in case you missed 'em):

Carnivus, Chief
    Hsss, King
    Qadians
    Teela

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Way cool! That's really helpful, thanks alot!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

No worries at all!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

I have a question regarding the editions of each book.

I managed to track down 3 different versions of the Volume 1 collected issues.

1. Hardback
    2. Paperback
    3. Paperback smaller size

Are there any other editions?

What is the smaller one? Limited edition? it says inside FIRST PRINT

Was DARK REFLECTIONS also released in 3 different versions?
    I already have the hardback and paperback one. Am I missing something else?
    Last edited by demiscy; October 20, 2010 at 04:31pm.

skeletor to stay evil until the end!
    SKELETOR OWNS HORDAK!! i have had an extremely good purchase of two motuc with shecky or as is on his profile "the man called v" a great guy so if you see an item of his you like do not hesitate to buy! Domino is selling an extremely impressive collection motuc in the marketplace. Great figures, great prices! get them while you can!

Who were the four characters (that Orko sees) in Volume 1 Issue 1, that were trying to grab the Shard of Darkness?