Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MVC Comics - Collected Info About Emiliano's Ideas for the Comic

Oh gosh, time to recollect.
    I remember Emil and I talked about that, but I've since forgotten exactly which statue is what.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Oh gosh, time to recollect.
    I remember Emil and I talked about that, but I've since forgotten exactly which statue is what.
    LOL. So all the years of you saying "keep guessing, we like to hear what fans think", and then when a direct question gets asked, memory might fail to provide the answer. (any chance looking at the frame might help?)

Emiliano: can you chime in with your recollections?

It's been a long time!
    My memory on all the little details isn't so good unless I go back and look at the art, and notes, etc.

It's been a long time!
    My memory on all the little details isn't so good unless I go back and look at the art, and notes, etc.
    Do you have anything in your notes about an adult sided topic in Issue 3, that Mattel raised an eyebrow at?

We'll step up the tempo on the adult side of things. but, Mattel already raised an eyebrow at a scene in Issue 3...
    Once they saw the story, as opposed to reading it, it changed the equation.
    So, I'm still not sure how far we can go.

It was just more violent, especially the intro.
    They were so used to the new MYP level of violence that they forgot how violent some of the past MOTU had been back in the early 80s.

But we intended to use it sparingly.
    We had no desire to actually make all of MOTU a violent story.

I was perfectly fine with the level of violence in the comics. I cannot stand fan stuff where the characters keep raping and slashing each other just to please a so-called mature audience. But stuff like Tri-Klops stabbing He-Man's leg was enough to bring the message without exaggerarting the "blood level".
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    It was just more violent, especially the intro.
    They were so used to the new MYP level of violence that they forgot how violent some of the past MOTU had been back in the early 80s.

But we intended to use it sparingly.
    We had no desire to actually make all of MOTU a violent story.

I think the most violent moment I noticed in one of the MVC MOTU Comics was when the Snake Men raided Snake Mountain looking for the Havoc Staff and Skeletor attacked and decapitated a nameless snake man. Good Times.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I think the most violent moment I noticed in one of the MVC MOTU Comics was when the Snake Men raided Snake Mountain looking for the Havoc Staff and Skeletor attacked and decapitated a nameless snake man. Good Times.
    Well, Trap-Jaw kills eternian palace guards in plain sight, Beastman slices Mekaneck very severily.... there are lot of places to find violence in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    can anyone shed some light on this?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...7&postcount=48
    As far as I've heard, those are the only three options of the trade-version.
    In the realm of contents, the mini-trade doesn't contain the behind-the-scenes stuff that the other two have, if I recall.

Thanks Jukka!

What about the VOL 2 trade version?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Thanks Jukka!

What about the VOL 2 trade version?
    From what I've found, of Volume 2 trade, there are the paperback version and hardcover version. No other versions.
    And that hardcover-version is notorious for having poor glue-binding, so don't be suprised if in time it will start breaking apart due to this.

Masters of the Universe Vol 1 HARDCOVER
    http://www.grahamcrackers.com/produc..._hardcover.htm
    +
    ICONS OF EVIL TPB

Back in stock at Grahamcrackers

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    • Mer-Man [Inverse]:

Other than Keldor, Mer-Man is the only heroic rebel that has been identified by name on the ‘inverse’ Eternia.
    Where was this exactly identified? I don't remember other than in the video by Unemployed Skeletor, he said by mistake Mer-Man, when he was actually referring to Man-At-Arms.

The gifts keep on coming! And this time, we're starting a special segment about the 200x comic called Did You Know?
    Every once in a while, we'll post this segment on the main page where we reveal cool concepts for the comic that you never knew about.
    And what better way to kick this first segment off than with a special Video Blog of Evil from our friend Unemployed Skeletor!
    Check it out below to hear secrets revealed about the 200x comic!
    It may take a few minutes to load after clicking the play button in the middle of the video, depending on your connection.
    And please forgive Unemployed Skeletor for saying "Mer-Man" instead of "Man-at-Arms" at one point. He has his minions on his mind.

Also I would really like to know all the comic-revelations made in Roast Gooble Dinner -podcast, because they are better explained in the show actually.
    Like the part where Emiliano talks, that it was his own notion, that Kronis would be time-traveler. While a cool piece of information, I think it needs better description, so
    as not to be thought as something specifically planned for comic-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Also I would really like to know all the comic-revelations made in Roast Gooble Dinner -podcast, because they are better explained in the show actually.
    Like the part where Emiliano talks, that it was his own notion, that Kronis would be time-traveler. While a cool piece of information, I think it needs better description, so
    as not to be thought as something specifically planned for comic-verse.
    You probably already seen it but the entry for Kronis in the first post of this thread by Telkan2 has a bit about Kronis being a mutant sent back in time.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    You probably already seen it but the entry for Kronis in the first post of this thread by Telkan2 has a bit about Kronis being a mutant sent back in time.
    I know, and because it is there, is why I wanted to point out, that all info acquired from RoastGooble would get some clear marking of their own. Because sometimes in there they are in better context.

This example is precisely that. In episode18, about 53:00min time, Emiliano states that the part about Kronis being a space mutant, sent in time, was his own personal view to MOTU.
    It is never said to have been anything that was planned for comic or put forward as that.
    So in that sense, if you include this information-tidbit into this thread that is about the 2002-2004 comic; I would have hoped a better way of describing this particular piece of information, since it is not one of those tidbits that Emiliano and Val were trying to implement to the comic.

This example is precisely that. In episode18, about 53:00min time, Emiliano states that the part about Kronis being a space mutant, sent in time, was his own personal view to MOTU.
    It is never said to have been anything that was planned for comic or put forward as that.
    So in that sense, if you include this information-tidbit into this thread that is about the 2002-2004 comic; I would have hoped a better way of describing this particular piece of information, since it is not one of those tidbits that Emiliano and Val were trying to implement to the comic.
    Emiliano also talks a bit more about the Kronis time travel thing here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&postcount=84

There may also have been something about it in the Toyfair article, but I cant remember for sure.
    Last edited by 13977; December 20, 2010 at 09:56am.

Wanted:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I know, and because it is there, is why I wanted to point out, that all info acquired from RoastGooble would get some clear marking of their own. Because sometimes in there they are in better context.

Jukka -

The info about Kronis in this "Collected Info About the Comic" thread predates what was mentioned on RGD. Here's the thread from October 2009 where potential comic plans were discussed.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=176156&page=4

Telkan2 had asked if I could keep him posted on any RGD-referenced comic plans, so (as far as I know) the only things he has incorporated from RGD were the tidbits that I sent along. I made sure to only send him the things that were specifically mentioned as being planned for the comic (such as the Teela/Green Goddess info, Battle Cat talking, The Great Forge, etc.) If the words "planned for the comic" were not used, then the info was not sent. Therefore, nothing in the Kronis entry came directly from RGD. It already existed in this thread prior to being elaborated upon in that episode. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 20, 2010 at 11:26am.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Jukka -

The info about Kronis in this "Collected Info About the Comic" thread predates what was mentioned on RGD. Here's the thread from October 2009 where potential comic plans were discussed.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=176156&page=4
    Oh cool! I've prolly missed that because Emiliano talked about it being his own idea, so I chalked it as something they couldn't even use in 2002-comic, after the revelation of Trap-Jaw's name and the background-info that was concucted for him.

Telkan2 had asked if I could keep him posted on any RGD-referenced comic plans, so (as far as I know) the only things he has incorporated from RGD were the tidbits that I sent along. I made sure to only send him the things that were specifically mentioned as being planned for the comic (such as the Teela/Green Goddess info, Battle Cat talking, The Great Forge, etc.) If the words "planned for the comic" were not used, then the info was not sent. Therefore, nothing in the Kronis entry came directly from RGD. It already existed in this thread prior to being elaborated upon in that episode. Hope that helps.
    That is great. Soo now I'm confused; Emiliano has mentioned the Kronis being sent from future as part of his idea, and that they would have played NA-stories in the comic, but in RGD he makes a clear mentioning that it is only his own personal view.

Where does the line go between Emiliano's own view to MOTU, and what would have ended up on the comic? LOL.

Oh cool! I've prolly missed that because Emiliano talked about it being his own idea, so I chalked it as something they couldn't even use in 2002-comic, after the revelation of Trap-Jaw's name and the background-info that was concucted for him.

That is great. Soo now I'm confused; Emiliano has mentioned the Kronis being sent from future as part of his idea, and that they would have played NA-stories in the comic, but in RGD he makes a clear mentioning that it is only his own personal view.

Where does the line go between Emiliano's own view to MOTU, and what would have ended up on the comic? LOL.

My take is that they would have used this story for Trap Jaw in the comics. It didn't conflict with anything and it would have been cool.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I'll try to clarify
    That was an idea I had before the comic. Let's put it in the "Homecoming" continuity

I don't think we could have used this idea in the comic because TJ origin was different in Icons of Evil.
    But, yeah, maybe it could have been included too. But in my idea, this was also connected to Roboto's origin and that changed quited a bit from Filmation's cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'll try to clarify
    That was an idea I had before the comic. Let's put it in the "Homecoming" continuity

I don't think we could have used this idea in the comic because TJ origin was different in Icons of Evil.
    But, yeah, maybe it could have been included too. But in my idea, this was also connected to Roboto's origin and that changed quited a bit from Filmation's cartoon.
    Cool. I get the notion, that you still have multitudes of ideas that might have been utilized in the comic, barring the freedom given to you.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Wow, I've missed quite a few posts apparently! Whoops! Thanks to Emiliano, Penny Dreadful and 13977 for help in clearing up the confusion in my absence. Though it has been cleared up at this point, as the original poster it would be remiss of me not to highlight the special note Emiliano asked me to incorporate in the first post which read:

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Note from Emiliano: "Some of this is material that was definitely going to be in the comic, other parts are personal expansions on ideas we hadn't yet completely fleshed out for the comic and I was just predicting how they would have played out"
    Finally, thanks to Jukka for pointing out my oversight regarding Inverse Mer-Man. I'll go back and fix it right now...
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

No worries Telkan2.

Emiliano you mentioned in a proposed Masters of the Universe / Thundercats crossover there would have been a meeting between the Qadians and Thundarian survivors. Did you have any ideas in mind for the plot/story for this crossover?

Wanted:

Court Magician

Cosmic Enforcers?

I've always wondered what plans you guys had for the Cosmic Enforcers in the comics and what role they would play in the grand scheme. In the ongoing series in the issue where the sorceress looks into Evil Lynn's mind to see what is going on and gets the vision of all the stuff we see some cosmic enforcers. I know Emiliano has said that two page spread gave a lot of clues to their overall story arc ideas so I figure the cosmic enforcers would play a major role. Also in the Rise of the Snake Men comics during Hsss's battle with Zodak I think Hssss mocks zodak saying something like he isn't a true cosmic enforcer.