Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MVC Comics - Collected Info About Emiliano's Ideas for the Comic

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    That's a great question, JKD1975, and the panel you mentioned (wherein the Sorceress scans Evil-Lyn's mind) is epic! Emiliano / Val / anyone...can you shed any light on what you had in mind as it relates to the Cosmic Enforcers?

Update (02/15/2011): I've updated the info on the first page to reflect the fact that the Ancients will one day reawaken (as mentioned by Emiliano in the thread ETHERIA Bio Discussion - Who's the 'BEING OF FORMLESS LIGHT'?)--see the specific entries for the Ancients, Eternia, and Etheria!
    Last edited by Telkan2; February 15, 2011 at 12:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    was that suppose to be the future (the enforcers & hordak)? in the mind of evil lyn when the sorceress scanned her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    was that suppose to be the future (the enforcers & hordak)?
    Nope, it's from the past, a very distant past!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Nope, it's from the past, a very distant past!
    So were those personal memories or a result of the 'poison' of the barrier Despondos (or both)?? The one in particular that puzzles me is in the middle. Whose eyes are those (Nordor/Unnamed/Horde Prime??) and what is Hordak/'the eyes' doing to that world (Eternia?). And I assume those trees are from the Fright Zone?
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    So were those personal memories or a result of the 'poison' of the barrier Despondos (or both)?? The one in particular that puzzles me is in the middle. Whose eyes are those (Nordor/Unnamed/Horde Prime??) and what is Hordak/'the eyes' doing to that world (Eternia?). And I assume those trees are from the Fright Zone?
    They are a mix of personal memories and stuff connected to despondos.
    But I'll be honest here: I knew the series was going to end so I wanted to give fans a glimpse of the story behind the scenes.

You're correct about the eyes, they are Nordor/Unnamed/Horde Prime, even if at that point, he was still Nordor.
    The planet however, is not Eternia, it's Infinitia; Nordor caused its destruction, by having a catastophic war between Gar's factions on it (some of this is from Filmation bible).

I don't really remember what the trees were for, but I'm pretty sure they had nothing to do with Fright Zone, they were most likely a symbol or something.
    I should go back and read my original description for that spread to find out.

They are a mix of personal memories and stuff connected to despondos.
    But I'll be honest here: I knew the series was going to end so I wanted to give fans a glimpse of the story behind the scenes.

You're correct about the eyes, they are Nordor/Unnamed/Horde Prime, even if at that point, he was still Nordor.
    The planet however, is not Eternia, it's Infinitia; Nordor caused its destruction, by having a catastophic war between Gar's factions on it (some of this is from Filmation bible).

I don't really remember what the trees were for, but I'm pretty sure they had nothing to do with Fright Zone, they were most likely a symbol or something.

That's really cool! I really like the ideas put forth in the Filmation bible.

There's one more thing I wanted to comment on. There's a planet in the center and also on the right which looks exactly the same, and has a black dot (moon?) orbiting it in both instances. I take this to be Eternia since it is close to Infinitia. On the panel on the right it seems like Hordak is saying that he will soon conquer it?

Also, that door Evil Lyn is opening... am I crazy or have we seen a design like that before, perhaps in Zalesia? Or Grayskull??
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

This is a fascinating thread. It appears that MOTUC isn't the only brand that has tried to create (to some degree) a cohesive story from all the differing ideas. In particular, He-Ro becoming King Grayskull; the existence of Sharella; and Queen Veena holding the Sword of Protection were quite ambitious efforts at fusing the different eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post

[*]Teela:

Eventually Teela would replace her mother—the Sorceress—as protector of Castle Grayskull. Rather than calling herself ‘Sorceress’ however, she would be known as the ‘Goddess’

It was in her capacity as the Goddess that Teela would eventually fulfill an ancient prophecy wherein a great Priestess would became both redeemer and leader of the Snake Men.

As the Goddess, Teela’s skin took on a greenish tint. This was first seen during a confrontation with the wicked Snake Face. When he attempted to turn her into stone with his serpentine gaze nothing happened except Teela ‘flashed’ green.
    What is the endgame for Teela? She turns into the green Goddess? (AKA Snake Teela??) The term "redeemer" is used. Does this mean she merely sets the Snake Men free physically or actually "redeems" their minds and they become good and peaceful? And how does Adam/He-Man fit in to this?

BTW: I would be happy to start a donation/fundraiser (or whatever it would take) for MV Creations or the artists to come back in some shape or form, one last time, to finish the story in the form of a graphic novel.

Edit again: Never mind. I just read what was I believe was the "last of the last" of your series (#8, with Orko on the front) With a heavy heart, I see how this cannot be possible for the time being. My apologies for the igorant suggestion above. Thank you for the work that was put into the art and stories -it is a feast for the soul of MOTU fan!
    Last edited by Gracie; April 12, 2011 at 02:39am. Reason: Yet another comment or question:

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    What is the endgame for Teela? She turns into the green Goddess? (AKA Snake Teela??)
    Teela having green tint to her skin, is not the same as being affected by Serpent Ring, and turned into a Snake-Woman with scales and everything.

Edit again: Never mind. I just read what was I believe was the "last of the last" of your series (#8, with Orko on the front) With a heavy heart, I see how this cannot be possible for the time being. My apologies for the igorant suggestion above. Thank you for the work that was put into the art and stories -it is a feast for the soul of MOTU fan!
    Also if you are looking last "comic" version of MOTU adventures, be sure to get the MYP Cartoon Volume 3 -DVD, that has comic-version of Episode40, that was only finished in script-stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Also if you are looking last "comic" version of MOTU adventures, be sure to get the MYP Cartoon Volume 3 -DVD, that has comic-version of Episode40, that was only finished in script-stage.
    That comic can also be read here, but the pages are a little out of order:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2274

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    What is the endgame for Teela? She turns into the green Goddess? (AKA Snake Teela??) The term "redeemer" is used. Does this mean she merely sets the Snake Men free physically or actually "redeems" their minds and they become good and peaceful?
    I interpret this as she actually redeems their mind/spirits and they become good again, the way they were before the Unnamed one corrupted them.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Is there a PDF file of #40 available somewhere?? Or can we still use Vol 3 of the MYP series to access it?

EDIT: I know it's on the org and have read it but I'm interested in printing it.
    Last edited by colt44; April 12, 2011 at 03:20pm. Reason: clarify

Thanks for the replies and invaluable information. Though I will always be a Filmation fan, I really like the comics from MV Creations.

4-16-11: Well after many hours of searching, I finally put the complete vol. 3 together! In several days I will finally have the conclusion to Evil-Lyn's story. Whew! My MV Creations collection is mostly complete. (Thank you Graham Crackers & eBay!)

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Please do, please do!!!!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by colt44 View Post
    Is there a PDF file of #40 available somewhere?? Or can we still use Vol 3 of the MYP series to access it?
    Yeah its on the actual dvd of MYP Vol3, it's not an internet link or anything so along as you've got the dvd you will always be able to get it off that. Just browse/explore the DVD in My Computer and its in a folder called something like Common\62 then inside is the PDF file of the comic.

Wanted:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    The big differences being, IMO, that MVCreations had:

1.) The original idea to pull together a cohesive story from existing elements, and knew how to fit them together

2.) A much better grasp and more meaningful understanding of the mythology

3.) More skilled storytellers

While not all of the ideas might have been everyone's cup of tea, I strongly suspect if this story had been allowed to play out that it would have become quite a memorable and iconic representation of the Masters of the Universe mythos.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah its on the actual dvd of MYP Vol3, it's not an internet link or anything so along as you've got the dvd you will always be able to get it off that. Just browse/explore the DVD in My Computer and its in a folder called something like Common\62 then inside is the PDF file of the comic.
    Thanks 13977 it's much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    The big differences being, IMO, that MVCreations had:

1.) The original idea to pull together a cohesive story from existing elements, and knew how to fit them together

2.) A much better grasp and more meaningful understanding of the mythology

3.) More skilled storytellers

While not all of the ideas might have been everyone's cup of tea, I strongly suspect if this story had been allowed to play out that it would have become quite a memorable and iconic representation of the Masters of the Universe mythos.
    I agree with your thoughts on this. The kids from the 80s that loved MOTU were now all grown up working on this same property. Thats why I think the MYP series was so good, I know it would have been a dream come true if it was me.
    Last edited by colt44; April 13, 2011 at 05:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Somehow I missed this thread until today, thanks for doing it info gatherers!
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Um, how the heck do I get a hold of these awesome sounding comics!!!??
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Um, how the heck do I get a hold of these awesome sounding comics!!!??
    Graham Crackers Comics has most of them and shipping is very reasonable, even overseas:

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/motu.htm

Wanted:

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    No wonder this comic series was immediately my favorite (of the many I still read), I greatly miss it.

Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Has anyone printed the Episode 40 comic from the vol3 DVD? I have looked into it and it's a secured pdf that requires a password. Anybody know of a way around it? Please be aware that I only want to print one copy for my personal collection.

Quote Originally Posted by colt44 View Post
    Has anyone printed the Episode 40 comic from the vol3 DVD? I have looked into it and it's a secured pdf that requires a password. Anybody know of a way around it? Please be aware that I only want to print one copy for my personal collection.
    You mean a password to print it right? Because I can open it and copy it from the dvd to my hard drive etc with out a password.

Wanted:

You mean a password to print it right? Because I can open it and copy it from the dvd to my hard drive etc with out a password.
    Yes a password to print it. Thanks.

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    I couldn't even get it to open, what do I need to do?
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I couldn't even get it to open, what do I need to do?
    Do you have Adobe Reader installed? If not you need to download and install that, you can get it here:
    http://get.adobe.com/reader/
    Last edited by 13977; April 19, 2011 at 11:16am.

Wanted: