Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MVC Comics - Collected Info About Emiliano's Ideas for the Comic

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Hey everyone! With some new info in hand, I've updated the entries on:

Council of Elders
    Council of Wisdom
    Evil-Lyn
    Faceless One
    Gar
    Gigantisaur
    Hordak
    Infinitia
    Keldor
    Nordor
    Serpos

Enjoy!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Great updates Telkan2, I was hoping you were going to do this with information Emiliano gave in the Faceless One's MOTUC bio thread
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

No problem--I love keeping this thread updated! And, speaking of updates, I just updated Evil-Lyn for the second time today, thanks to a "new" tidbit that the amazing Penny Dreadful unearthed!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

I missed that tidbit on Evil Lyn's skin colour so I'm glad you added that

Wanted:

It's amazing that you can read these comics over and over and only see certain things when they are pointed out!

I didn't realise Gigantisaur was in volume 3 until the other day
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    It's amazing that you can read these comics over and over and only see certain things when they are pointed out!

Me either...sort of. I noticed the giant beast in that panel, and even referenced it in a fan-fic story I did connected to those events (linked in my signature line)--but I never connected the dots that the beast in question was Gigantisaur, LOL!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post

Me three, I never realised that was Gigantisaur until Emiliano said it was him in the Faceless Ones MOTUC bio thread just the other day.

Wanted:

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    a “Randor” miniseries. wow i would have loved that!
    so much awesomeness that never got made. what a shame.
    mvc motu was a comic i would have kept collecting.

So I was thinking recently about the Havoc Staff. We learned that the time-travelling Keldor procured it from the Lord of Zalesia, but that doesn't tell us the whole story. Did it belong to anyone else before the Lord of Zalesia? Or did he create it himself in the image of the architecture of his city? Or did the opposite happen, in which the city was constructed in the image of the Havoc Staff? Furthermore, what was the name of it when it was in the possession of the Lord of Zalesia? If he made it himself you would think it would have a different, less chaotic name. However, if it belonged to someone else before him (perhaps an evil individual), then perhaps the Havoc Staff was its original name, and it was changed/ignored while the Lord of Zalesia had possession of it, before Keldor took it and called it by its original name again.

The reason I ask these questions is because I believe this weapon should be one of the most powerful in existence, such that Skeletor would not need to upgrade/replace it save for the Power Sword itself (or a select few other items). And with the current information that we have, it doesn't seem particularly special aside from it being a key to Despondos. I do think more was planned for the Havoc Staff, so I'm just wondering what.

As I thought about this, I concluded that the more powerful weapons and artifacts should have been crafted by the Ancients themselves [Edit - it even says the Havoc Staff was created by the Ancients in the first post of this thread]. And if this was truly one of the more powerful weapons (and hence worthy of being Skeletor's signature weapon), and perhaps 'evil' as the name implies, then maybe this was the weapon of Nordor himself before splitting his essence in two? And it came unto the Lord of Zalesia by some means??

So what was planned??
    Last edited by PanMan; May 25, 2011 at 11:55pm.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    So I was thinking recently about the Havoc Staff. We learned that the time-travelling Keldor procured it from the Lord of Zalesia, but that doesn't tell us the whole story. Did it belong to anyone else before the Lord of Zalesia? Or did he create it himself in the image of the architecture of his city? Or did the opposite happen, in which the city was constructed in the image of the Havoc Staff? Furthermore, what was the name of it when it was in the possession of the Lord of Zalesia? If he made it himself you would think it would have a different, less chaotic name. However, if it belonged to someone else before him (perhaps an evil individual), then perhaps the Havoc Staff was its original name, and it was changed/ignored while the Lord of Zalesia had possession of it, before Keldor took it and called it by its original name again.

The reason I ask these questions is because I believe this weapon should be one of the most powerful in existence, such that Skeletor would not need to upgrade/replace it save for the Power Sword itself (or a select few other items). And with the current information that we have, it doesn't seem particularly special aside from it being a key to Despondos. I do think more was planned for the Havoc Staff, so I'm just wondering what.

As I thought about this, I concluded that the more powerful weapons and artifacts should have been crafted by the Ancients themselves [Edit - it even says the Havoc Staff was created by the Ancients in the first post of this thread]. And if this was truly one of the more powerful weapons (and hence worthy of being Skeletor's signature weapon), and perhaps 'evil' as the name implies, then maybe this was the weapon of Nordor himself before splitting his essence in two? And it came unto the Lord of Zalesia by some means??

So what was planned??
    Those are all very interesting questions mate.

Wanted:

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Great thead guys. I have loved ready every part of it.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

awsome thread, the faker (inverse he-man keldor)was awsome! so much cool stuff!

Telkan2,

I recently re-read this thread [ http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176005 ] and there is a tidbit in there regarding the starseed that you do not have listed in your first post of this thread.

Summarizing Emiliano's comments:

The symbol of the Starseed is fashioned into the flagpoles atop both Castle Grayskull and Crystal Castle, as well as numerous places within Central Tower. The circle represents the seed, and below is the energy radiating outward from the seed as it created the universe.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post

So what was planned??

I'm sure we're about as likely to hear those details as we are to see the supposed Smash Blade He-Man and Spin Blade Skeletor comic that has been teased for three years now.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I've noticed that you can see copies of the MVcomics under "publishing" @ the .Org

Is there a way of downloading them all in one go so I can print them? A .pdf perhaps? Or is the only way to collect them to buy them form ebay?

I would love to read these!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Or is the only way to collect them to buy them form ebay?

Always check first at GrahamCrackers.Com MOTU -section and if you can't find what you want from there, then seek out evilbay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I've noticed that you can see copies of the MVcomics under "publishing" @ the .Org

Is there a way of downloading them all in one go so I can print them? A .pdf perhaps? Or is the only way to collect them to buy them form ebay?

While we offer low-rez images from all comics on the .org, we'll never post full donwloadable version of any printed and copyrighted material.
    If you really want them, you should really buy them off one of the many retailer that still has them or ebay.
    Jukka just gave you link to our preferred retailer, we highly reccomend Graham Crakcers!

Court Magician
    so fab info. wished we would have this with she-ra too.

there was talk about taht before the snake men 'ruled' preternia there were spidermen...is this true? websters 'family'?

Telkan2 - thought you might want to add this to the Forces for Evil section.

A quote from Val about a new character called Waspor from this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=170610

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    In the 2002 comic, Emiliano and I were going to have a bad guy called Waspor that was part of Skeletor's crew, as a counterpart to Buzz-Off.

Wanted:

This information is so handy for my annual re-reading of the MVC comics. Many thanks, Brett!

Also, I have duplicates of many issues of these (which I haven't really had time to assemble for a proper post in the Marketplace). Please feel free to DM me for more information.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Thanks for the updates, 13977 and PanMan--I'll add them soon, I promise!

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread, josh!

UPDATE: Okay, I've added an entry for Waspor, as well as updated the entries for the Starseed and Lord Byron. Enjoy, and thanks for the heads-up!
    Last edited by Telkan2; August 3, 2011 at 03:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Thanks to Josh, I've gotten my hands on most of these comics. So far, I've read (slowly! so as to savour them!) the first volume.

The art is just amazing. Evil-Lyn is, well, totally evil! It was a good idea to centre the story around this strong (& great-looking) character. I also love how cadaverous Trap-Jaw looks & how threatening Tri-Klops is (he draws first blood against He-Man!).

Though the dialogue was a little weak in terms of idiom (He-Man sometimes sounds like a jokey teen, whereas I prefer the early mini-comic idioms) the over all plot was action-packed & very interesting! Not least was He-Man sorely tempted, but the scene with that huge He-Man-Demon was just awesome - it was very vivd & shocking to look at - loved it!

Not to mention that Orko's character was far more sympathetic & - yes indeed - amusing! I really liked how Val took the relationship of MAA & Orko to "the next level", as well as showing MAA making a bit of a mistake (not trusting the Sorceress, resulting in loss of life).

Plus, there were so many cool additions - the towns around Snake Mountain, the mix of sand, sorcery & tech (I'm thinking of Eternos City, especially).

I'm really looking forward to more - this is great work & I love seeing He-Man in a comic again!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Also, I have duplicates of many issues of these (which I haven't really had time to assemble for a proper post in the Marketplace). Please feel free to DM me for more information.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Apparently JJ Kirby did some pages?
    I never knew that until someone showed me.

Roger Cruz did a couple pages prior to him, but had to bail on the mini-series.

I can't even really remember why we put that mini-series on ice.
    I think that may have been around the time the CrossGen woes started, so we didn't want to dig a hole.
    I only just found those pages! They looked awesome!

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

WOW amazing find! Thanks for posting them. I so wish we had gotten that mini-series, it would have given us so much backstory information.

Wanted:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    That's awesome oICEMANo! Thanks for posting those!