Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will some characters not get a figure?

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I do like Jungle Attack He-Man and maybe I'm the only one here, but I really want just a simple loincloth, barefoot, no bracelet He-man figure with a spear. Maybe have him be a two pack with a blue dinosaur as a con exclusive, but I really want that simple He-man figure. Am I alone on this? I hope we see a Jungle-Attack He-Man too. Maybe plain basic Savage He-Man Oo-lar with dino as a con exclusive and then release Jungle Attack He-Man Oo-lar thru Matty right after, kind of like color change orko as con exclusive and then standard Orko on matty right after. Just a thought?
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle of Grayskul View Post
    I do like Jungle Attack He-Man and maybe I'm the only one here, but I really want just a simple loincloth, barefoot, no bracelet He-man figure with a spear. Maybe have him be a two pack with a blue dinosaur as a con exclusive, but I really want that simple He-man figure. Am I alone on this? I hope we see a Jungle-Attack He-Man too. Maybe plain basic Savage He-Man Oo-lar with dino as a con exclusive and then release Jungle Attack He-Man Oo-lar thru Matty right after, kind of like color change orko as con exclusive and then standard Orko on matty right after. Just a thought?
    Hey why not? If you're out there, I'm sure there's tons of others. I won't be making it to a Comic Con any time soon, so I couldn't even entertain the idea. Look at the fact that one of the Bionatops weapons is to be released with Preternia In Disguise He-Man. Why WOULDN'T they release He-Man to the specifications you discussed, AND perhaps with the Bionatops beast itself!? I think fans/collectors would love it - look at how they reacted to the Battle Ram.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

I would prefer to buy these as separate figures also (original mini-comic He-Man and Jungle Attack He-Man).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    Hey why not? If you're out there, I'm sure there's tons of others. I won't be making it to a Comic Con any time soon, so I couldn't even entertain the idea. Look at the fact that one of the Bionatops weapons is to be released with Preternia In Disguise He-Man. Why WOULDN'T they release He-Man to the specifications you discussed, AND perhaps with the Bionatops beast itself!? I think fans/collectors would love it - look at how they reacted to the Battle Ram.
    I don't plan on being able to make it to a Con anytime soon either but if you're quick enough you might be lucky enough to snag a preorder from bbts without too bad of a markup, and I'd pay pretty damn good money for a mini comic savage he-man Oo-lar look even if he is a "plain" looking figure

Big Bad Toy Store - Yeah they just sent me my Transformers Seacons collectors set, I'm lovin' it... and it was a good price too.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope that all MOTU-POP-NA characters (plus some prototypes, concepts etc.) will be made.

However, I never saw Meteorbs mentioned by Toyguru...

I guess some variants won't be done (while some variants are interesting enough, others were unnecessary).

Also, from what trasnpired in Q&A's, interviews and WTFWTK, it seems that some NA Galactic Protectors were not part of the MOTUC planning/schedule.

The fact that She-Ra traveled with SOME of her friends to Eternia makes me wonder about POP...

Also, the 2016 limit seems to have been changed to 2017. 2017 was mentioned several times by Toyguru. I don't know if there was any definite confirmation of this, though.

Yes it does seem like it'll go thru 2017 now, but the way I took what has been said is that they just have tentative road map of character releases planned/scheduled month by month thru 2016/2017 but I don't think they have said that the line will end then. Maybe that's just me being optimistic but I'm hoping that means they have characters mapped out thru 2017 so far but the line can continue past that as hopefully more characters become available to do from filmation and NA, and hopefully we have a comic by then that is hopefully introducing new characters to the mythos

Heroic Warrior
    This line is doing way to well for it to go under anytime soon. With people buying 6 or 8 of every figure and Matty having a monthly track record of fast sell-outs, This is just PROFIT for Matty and because of that the line will thrive. As soon as fans start to buy less... like when NA figures and maybe some wave 6 figures start to be more prominent, Then it will be time to worry. I think Matty's strategy of holding off on the rest of the TRUE classics figures and filling slots with POP and NA is a bad idea. Because if the line ends do to low sales before they release Ram Man, Mekaneck, etc... We may never see them.

So yes, It is possible for some figures to not be made for logistics reasons.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Also, the 2016 limit seems to have been changed to 2017. 2017 was mentioned several times by Toyguru. I don't know if there was any definite confirmation of this, though.
    Well, certainly Toyguru's said (as you implicitly acknowledge) that they won't be done with Galactic Guardians by 2017.

What I think's happened more broadly though is that they're planning more Goddess/Marzo/Carnivus-type figures than they originally were, i.e. characters never rendered in plastic before, and THAT'S where much of the extra year (and counting) has come from. Even with Mattel's limitations, they could do a full year on non-action-figure MYP characters¹. And that's on top of all the previous toy characters.

¹: And just to prove it: twelve not-otherwise-done characters [e.g. Veena, Evilseed, Calix, Hawke, Ceratus, Dekker, King Taurius, Lord Dactys, Prahvus, Queen Andreeno, Stingrad, Oracle/Odiphus, or even some of Grayskull's "Masters"...], four MYP-based variants [e.g., Sorceress, armoured Marlena, blue/green collar Young Teela and Captain Randor...], four beasts/giants/army builders [e.g., Battle Lion, a Parek-Narr², Horde Wraith army-builders, Snakemen infantry army-builders, the ABC giants,...], and an SDCC two-pack in Tuvar/Baddrah.

²: Parek-Narr = Beast-Man's rhino-like "pal" who helped in braking down the mystic wall. Mentioned in BC's bio.

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    No, Oo-Lar was the "Savage He-Man" from the early mini comics. Jungle Attack He-Man was just one of those (IMO) horrible variants produced in the 200X series - no significant story was developed for it.
    I was joking

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

I know you're joking, but I wouldn't be against the design of JA HM being used for Oo-Lar.

...I would be OK with Mattel using Adam's Jungle Attack look for Oo-Lar though, as it would set him apart from the other he-men, just as Wun-Dar and Vikor look quite different from Adam.[/B]
    While not an ideal scenario for many, I wouldn't be against a loincloth only He-Man for Oo-lar, with weapons, armor, and an alternate head (with bandanna and war paint) to make a Jungle Attack He-Man.

The more I think about it, the more I actually like the idea, in all honesty.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I was joking

While not an ideal scenario for many, I wouldn't be against a loincloth only He-Man for Oo-lar, with weapons, armor, and an alternate head (with bandanna and war paint) to make a Jungle Attack He-Man.

The more I think about it, the more I actually like the idea, in all honesty.
    That's the idea I was just thinking of, so in the blister he'd still be the first minicomic He-Man, but with enough accessories to make him worth the same as a regular figure
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Widget
    Time wise I think there are lots of figures who are certain to get cut simply because they are a low priority. I'm more curious about what will happen to the franchise should the movie ever actually be released (does anyone know if it is still in limbo or not.) And while we are on the subject of figures maybe not getting made, does anyone remember if Toyguru has mentioned what matty's response is to Blast Attack these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbo View Post
    Time wise I think there are lots of figures who are certain to get cut simply because they are a low priority. I'm more curious about what will happen to the franchise should the movie ever actually be released (does anyone know if it is still in limbo or not.) And while we are on the subject of figures maybe not getting made, does anyone remember if Toyguru has mentioned what matty's response is to Blast Attack these days?
    Don't know about Blast Attack, but the movie is definitely in perpetual limbo. Everything fell apart when Warner Bros and Mattel parted ways. Columbia has the rights now, and new screen writers were brought on board this passed April.

See the link below for details.

http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....enwriters.html

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    All those characters? Are u sure?
    I am unfamiliar with pop and na ones, so i just have to trust you,but that sounds like a huge number.
    I dont remember seeing so many pop dolls in the shops, are you including off limits filmation charcters, perhaps?
    As for horde troopers, i think,you'll get the two pack you scream for.
    Me? All things evil horde just bore me to death(yawn).
    It's just a matter of taste, though i might say most horde things, alongside their main pop opponents, are bound to be done before the line ends.
    Aint got a clue about na guys. So far we just have Optik, right? That, by the way, is quite a good figure.
    Would be cool if there was space for everyone, yet i think na characters are the most likely to be sacrificed if there is'nt.
    Still i bet, since every figure sells out in a few minutes (no matter who or what it is, or where he is from) maybe they could extend the line beyond 2016, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    All those characters? Are u sure?
    I am unfamiliar with pop and na ones, so i just have to trust you,but that sounds like a huge number.
    I dont remember seeing so many pop dolls in the shops, are you including off limits filmation charcters, perhaps?
    As for horde troopers, i think,you'll get the two pack you scream for.
    Me? All things evil horde just bore me to death(yawn).
    It's just a matter of taste, though i might say most horde things, alongside their main pop opponents, are bound to be done before the line ends.
    Aint got a clue about na guys. So far we just have Optik, right? That, by the way, is quite a good figure.
    Would be cool if there was space for everyone, yet i think na characters are the most likely to be sacrificed if there is'nt.
    Still i bet, since every figure sells out in a few minutes (no matter who or what it is, or where he is from) maybe they could extend the line beyond 2016, who knows.
    I think Matty stumbled on to a good thing here - they're already playing at expanding the line into retail with the DCU vs MOTUC 2pks. With Mer-Man and Stratos coming, it's inevitable that we'll be seeing Teela or She-ra with Wonder Woman, and who knows after that? It would behoove Matty to keep this line going - it's one of their major flagships, and they seem to be picking up on Hasbro's market-saturating business model - as they have applied to the Transformers.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    If they release Oo-Lar, I think he'll either look like the Barbarian He-Man from the first Minicomic (Pre-Filmation era), who left his tribe to help the Masters of the Universe and fight evil, or he will look like the 200X Jungle Attack He-Man. I'll wait and see what happens; it's Mattel's turn now.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd like to see 2 figures per month to speed them along.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I think there are enough options for Mattel to release several characters we don't count in at this time. I'm pretty sure they will surprise us somehow!