Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Illumina

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I LOVE all art I saw of her and thought the blue arms might be better (too much white on a figure), but seeing the change, I like it more. It helps differentiate her costume a bit more from Teela/Evil-Lyn/Goddess since they all have bare arms. Plus, she looks powerful and pure in white.
    What no versions with her upper arms uncovered and lower arms covered, or vice versa?

Kidding!
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Hey oh Emiliano!

EDIT: a note about tooling and paintings.
    The new molds required for this figure are only 5: Head, Dress piece, Cape, Neckband, weapon.
    Also, obviuosly the colors wouldn't be grey.
    She is supposed to be moslty white, but also with different shades of white, silvers and more bright reflective colors.
    Think about MOTUC Prince Adam shirt and wristbands for example.
    Something that is very hard to do on a quick rendering like this.
    Relax, the white is readily identifiable! you have do a great job with:

thats a good MotUC Art

butt she is too different from the 1rst picture!!!
    oICEMANo have right - the arms mus looks white.
    We wan't a Teela or Evil-Lyn clone - we want Illumina
    The Hair can made like She-Ra (do not think i don't like the version of the MOTUC-Hair from your concept; really i like it too!!!)

And darkspecter have shown a important point "the breast"
    I think the half part look is better as the full version - that give a more different look of armour i love on Illumina.

i think you mastered the final look of her weapon (in the MOTUC Concept)

I would have taken over the 200x Kniepads and would have left between them the pelt. I can understand why you have taken Teela's legs.

I have edit you picture and recolored, what are you think?

Last edited by ²He-Ro; August 31, 2010 at 07:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ²He-Ro View Post
    Hey oh Emiliano!
    Relax, the white is readily identifiable! you have do a greate job with:
    The first image is drawn by Enza Fontana and colored by Jeremy Roberts

butt she is too different from the 1rst picture!!!
    Hum , that was the point

We wan't a Teela or Evil-Lyn clone - we want Illumina
    From her creator's mouth: she was thought to be retool of 200x Teela, so at the same way, she should be done using MOTUC Teela molds, to make her possible

Widget
    yeah that pic is mean!! Makes me want the figure NOW!!

You 2 guy post so fast - i hope you have see my Edit of you picture.

The first image is drawn by Enza Fontana and colored by Jeremy Roberts
    You are right! but a great job is a great job

Hum , that was the point
    From her creator's mouth: she was thought to be retool of 200x Teela, so at the same way, she should be done using MOTUC Teela molds, to make her possible
    Why not! On my edited art i have made the tabard smaller like the picture of Enza Fontana and Jeremy Roberts.
    But why have you the tabard not ended angular like this concept:

The diamonds i have made purple i liked more, but you have take red.
    Red is the perfect contrast of her blue body. i can imagem a red and a purple diamond stone.

can you paint the knife she have under her cape?

PS: i hope you made more MotUC-Arts! (i love you folder / album )

Cool artwork.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

I want this figure. Amazeballs!

I can't believe I've not seen this before, it's just amazing and is my number one most wanted figure. I prefer the thinner tiara like in the "would be cover" Darkspecter pointed out.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I hope nobody minds, but I edited Iceman's picture to show the changes I'd like to see (minus the hair parts...because I'm no artist. ):

Changes I made:

1) I erased the ring part of her crown and added the two "curl" parts which came directly from her left hip.
    2) I used the material from her skirt to give her a Teela/Evil-Lyn like chest, which she had in her 200X design. I think it also helps her chest look less like metal coconuts.

Here she is edited with a shortened cape. This is what she would look like if she shared She-Ra's collar/cape:

I LOVE all art I saw of her and thought the blue arms might be better (too much white on a figure), but seeing the change, I like it more. It helps differentiate her costume a bit more from Teela/Evil-Lyn/Goddess since they all have bare arms. Plus, she looks powerful and pure in white.
    Great job. If we ever do get an Illumina she very well may end up sharing the Teela dress & the She-Ra cape, which i'd be cool with. The one piece of new tooling she's got to have is a new head with those pointy Gar ears.

I agree that the covered skin helps differentiate her from Teela, Evil-Lyn, & Goddess. I think i've changed my mind about preferring her with blue arms. I love the way ICEMAN's recolour looks, plus it's closer to the original comic art.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I still want Illumina and her cat in MOTUC. I hope she happens. She's too beautiful and cool to get passed up.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Emiliano,
    She looks great, I would love to see her in MOTUC.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

I'd hope she would have a longer cape than She-Ra's. Her high collar seems like it would interfere with the She-Ra cape too. But in the end, I'd just like to get her as a figure. I didn't think Goddess looked quite right either, but I was glad to get her (less glad she breaks so easily of course).

The recent Illumina talk made me look this up. Still love this interpretation of the 200X design for Classics...

She looks great and i like the sleeveless arms on the first picture, the all in white version looks cool but it´s to much white if you ask me and since she is blue skinned i would like to see that a bit more than at face and decolté.

I really like the high collar on her but than i fear her hair would be a problem maybe a pony tail could fix that problem since MOTUC Teela has the shorter hair again maybe now Illumina could get the long pony tail, since there aren´t that many female characters with a pony tail except Catra.

Widget
    I really like the full white sleeves, but I agree that it does almost seem a little much. The recoloring 2He-Ro did accentuating the darker gray gloves is a nice way to break it up, or perhaps doing the hands in the blue skin tone might work too. Using purple with the gems is a great, subtle nod to the seeming fondness for the color implicit to her Gar heritage, and I would really hope to see actual gemstones used if (hopefully WHEN) she is actually produced. I'm almost certain Mattel would keep with their policy of recycled molds and used the She-Ra collar and cape, and I actually think I prefer the shorter version. The weapon is my favorite part of this amazing piece, and it has my mind reeling with possibilities. Taking cues from the tidbits we've found out about the plans for "The Great Forge"' had the 2000x comic continued, I can see this weapon having been created then. If the gem in her weapon was also colord purple, it could have come from the purple stone used in He-Ro's staff in the new line, making a nice connection between 2000x ideas and the new MOTUC mythos. Was there any thought to her weapons origin when she was created Emiliano, or was it just a shout out to the Sword of Protection? Either way this is too notch work as always, and I truly hope to see more from this mysterious character in the future!

Someone needs to make this happen! I'd love to have these on display with my other MOTUC figures!
    I'm also on DeviantArt
    My buddies and I review stuff 3 Points of Articulation
    3 Points official site 3PA
    Personal Gallery The Art of Mista Jonz

Here is my Illumina with Keldor & MAA. I know it's just a custom, but an official Illumina figure would look totally amazing on our toy shelves. I hope we get her next year through the fan vote when joining the MOTUC subscription.

PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Have not forgotten about Illumina.
    I would love illumina to be like this. still rooting for her.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to get her. What if Illumina is the Sub exclusive? Do you think more people would buy a sub. It could be a good way to show fan support for her or would there be an out cry like it was for SW

Movie mayhem!
    She looks fantastic!

Wow that looks great!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.