Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy DVDs from MAtty?

Would you buy DVDs from MAtty?

I was thinking that while alot of people have problems with the Matty model, it would be nice if MOTUC expanded into some different media. After JLU went off of the air DC did a bunch of direct to video movies that were for the most part pretty good. It would be awesome if they did a couple of MYP movies that were direct to video and sold them on Matty (which gauruntees Mattel moving a certain # of units). I would love to see maybe a movie about Preternia (Grayskull, and He-ro) and maybe a tqo parter that encapsulated the story arch for season 3 of the MYP series. Maybe even another updated version of the classic series with the MOTUC bios as a guide. There really are alot of possibilities that would serve to really deepen the universe as a whole.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hell yeah! Go MOTU Resolute! Kill off Rio-Blast in the first five minutes!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I would like a MYP style "secret of the sword" She-Ra Orgin story. I'd also like to see Gygor in action!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    This would be a great way to test the waters before a new live action movie comes out. Sadly, I suspect we won't see anything like this until AFTER a movie year.

I think this would be a great way to add layers to the story being told in the bios. Unfortunately, we keep getting the answer of "due to logistics" as to why that these stories can't be told right now in either a comic format or a animated feature.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'd buy DVDs, comics, magazines, stickers, whatever they slap MOTUC on! In fact I enjoy stuff like that as much as I do MOTU figures. We need some novelty items to go along with our MOTUC figures, especially ones that tell a story!

However, I'd buy a friggin coloring book, puffy stickers, even a lunch box! Where are they? Oh wait, those kinda things are kinda old fashioned now.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    No, i wouldn't buy anything from Matty, since they never keep anything in stock long enough for purchase, aside from the subs.

If they ever came out with a new motu dvd, I'd buy it elsewhere. like in a store where things should be sold. you know, stores? those places where people go to shop, and actually see what they're paying for before they buy it?

I'm not going to bother with trying to obtain a dvd with a 30 min or less window of opportunity, on a weekday no less. and have it arrive only to find the disc wasn't put in the case properly and it's scratched up as a result.... no, i'll buy dvd's at a store where I can make sure the disc isn't flopping around loosely in the case.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I'd be all over something like that! *waves wallet at Mattel HQ....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yes, yes I would!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I would definitely eat up any MOTU direct to dvd movies (or movies), but isn't it out of the question at the moment? I mean if they are that concerned about what it costs to make every individual MOTUC figure, wouldn't it be too expensive right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Kill off Rio-Blast in the first five minutes!
    BOO! I like Rio-Blast. He's a man made of guns! Just TRY and stop him!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

If they made some "moving comics" DVDs, that'd be great. I doubt it would be workable to make an animated movie just for limited sale on Matty, but I hear good things about the moving comics sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    BOO! I like Rio-Blast. He's a man made of guns! Just TRY and stop him!
    I love Rio-Blast too. I think he would look cool if a movie adapted his staticon look. Though he might end up at most like a Boba Fett type character, but a good guy. Small but pivotal role with a cool look. MetalGearMax's idea would only add to that perception.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    If they made some "moving comics" DVDs, that'd be great. I doubt it would be workable to make an animated movie just for limited sale on Matty, but I hear good things about the moving comics sets.
    That's an excellent idea gbagok. Plus it's getting more popular too with companies like Marvel doing such things. They could even distribute it online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, hell no, I certainly wouldn't buy a thing from Matty. I don't want to mess with their inept website.

If I need MOTU/POP/She-Ra/NA DVD's, I'll buy them in a specialized store, or on a website that actually works great and that is "international customer friendly".
    Last edited by Spectror; August 23, 2010 at 06:43pm.

I've been wishing for something like that for awhile! I'd definitely jump all over it.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Yes, I would totally be down with buying a DVD from Matty. Especially if they made and exclusive figure to tie in to the show/episode, so DVD and a figure for $25 or $30 if it is at least an hour long.

Mattel's answer is "maybe in a movie year, when we have the logistics" or something.

I'd definitely buy MOTU animated DVDs. In fact, I vastly prefer the idea of it over a live-action film. Thing is, animated direct-to-DVD films have been profitable enough for both Marvel and DC to continue doing them. DC just put out Batman: The Red Hood and are already set to release Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. And Marvel, always slower on the draw it seems, recently did Planet Hulk.

And both companies have a pretty impressive collection of animated films already. I don't see why Mattel can't do the same thing. If the popularity of the figures is any indication, then a MOTU animated film should sell out in less than a day on MattyCollector.

Personally, I'd like to see a full length animated film done in the MOTUC style and canon. Just a good ol' He-Man adventure featuring lots of supporting cast. The cool thing about that is it also would give the opportunity for one or two shorts (half-hour or so mini-films) featuring other characters like Captain Randor or Vikor. I think that would be awesome.

I would be down if the content was handled well....

Sallah

I'd buy it, but I don't see any reason why they would need to be made by MYP. And please, no moving comics. Those things are the worst.

Depends on what the final product would look like.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

ive said before and ill say it again ill buy anything with the motu logo on it
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    MOTU Extreme Beach Volleyball?

I most certainly would, yes. In a heartbeat.

I would love to buy any new MOTU media for myself and my nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    Mattel's answer is "maybe in a movie year, when we have the logistics" or something.

I'd definitely buy MOTU animated DVDs. In fact, I vastly prefer the idea of it over a live-action film. Thing is, animated direct-to-DVD films have been profitable enough for both Marvel and DC to continue doing them. DC just put out Batman: The Red Hood and are already set to release Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. And Marvel, always slower on the draw it seems, recently did Planet Hulk.

And both companies have a pretty impressive collection of animated films already. I don't see why Mattel can't do the same thing. If the popularity of the figures is any indication, then a MOTU animated film should sell out in less than a day on MattyCollector.

Personally, I'd like to see a full length animated film done in the MOTUC style and canon. Just a good ol' He-Man adventure featuring lots of supporting cast. The cool thing about that is it also would give the opportunity for one or two shorts (half-hour or so mini-films) featuring other characters like Captain Randor or Vikor. I think that would be awesome.
    The problem is that the numbers are relative.

What is considered a success with a limited run of an action figure would not be anywhere near what would be needed to recoup the cost of an animated movie.

For example, I can say with a pretty good degree of certainty that we sold more DVDs of the MYP He-Man than they sell of each figure on Matty. And I know for a fact that the amount of DVDs we sold is nowhere near the ballpark needed to finance new animated content.

Even some of the Marvel and DC movies didn't sell well enough - leading to the canceling of some movies for lesser known characters. That's why we're seeing more movies with the "big guns" from DC. Batman and Superman are guaranteed big sellers - way beyond what MOTU could muster.

People don't realize just how expensive Direct to DVD animation is. Take the recent Wonder Woman animated movie. That had an estimated budget of 3.5 millions dollars for 70 minutes.

Even if Mattel charged 30.00 for it, they'd likely need to sell at least 150,000 DVDs just to get back to even.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; August 23, 2010 at 08:35pm.