Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Concept He-Ro support thread.

MOTUC Concept He-Ro support thread.

Seeing how most of the main characters of MOTU have a variant figure, I would love to see a figure of the concept drawing for He-Ro from the 80's. He is different enough to distinguish him from the He-Ro already released. I made a quick mock-up of what he could look like if made, and put him next to the already released one. So post here to show your support!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Eh...I don't know. I DO want his weapon, however.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Sure, why not? I wouldn't worry about the haircolor, though, unless he was meant as a prior Cosmic Warrior. As a Bio Fan, I'd think it would be best if this figure were Ro during his battles on Eternia alongside Grayskull, Tytus, Zodac, the Elders, Eldor, Zodak, and the gang. Perhaps his original staff was lost, stolen, or destroyed and the Council fashioned the concept version for him in the meantime. (Maybe it was cloned, in fact, which would lend more credence to Adora's sword's creation by The Sorceress. In fact, perhaps it was augmented with the Stone of Protection, a powerful Etenian artifact kept by the Elders...)

Hey, now I really want that version!

Toss me a "Gray" figure as well, based on the old art. It could be He-Ro's secret identity persona, created while on Eternia in order to hide from his enemies, The Horde.

Good stuff, Joseephus!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    The artwork is good.

I don't care for the weapon.

I like the custom. so sign me up for chasity belt He-Ro.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I love all preternia stuff, but no. I prefer a more accurate He-Ro (similar to the vintage prototype figure).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think he might end up less interesting looking than the figure we got. What if they included new "g" armor and the weapon with Eldor? I feel like Eldor could use a little extra oomph like the Goddess, and they could explain the armor as a gift from Eldor after He-Ro entered his tutelage.

Heroic Warrior
    I feel like that would be a waste of tooling money and spot for another character who should come before him.
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Not sure, man! Why do you feel passionate about this version of He-Ro?

What about Gray? Isn't that a variant of He-Ro?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

For a "support thread" there sure isn't any support. But I'm used to it. I'm the only person who creates a support thread that has all the non-supporters post. Go figure.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Sure it would make a decent variant but he should still have his breastplate. As it looks like he does in the art you posted.

The concept is just incredibly bland looking. Hence the reason it's a concept and not the finished product. I would surely pass if they made a figure based on that. He-Ro just isn't important enough of a character to warrant a variant.

No, it would just take the place of something better. And He-Ro already has a variant, it is called King Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    For a "support thread" there sure isn't any support. But I'm used to it. I'm the only person who creates a support thread that has all the non-supporters post. Go figure.
    I posted support for his weapon!

I was thinking about it some more and I think it would be cool to get that weapon and the armour with a figure of Gray. I think a lot of us have extra He-Ros from trying to get the different stones/gems, so it would be a great way to use our He-Ros while getting a new, great figure!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    That is awesome, I really like He-Ro and would definitely pick it up, I'm really digging the entire look of the figure and weapon. Great custom! I think we definitely need more preternia material!
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Just Like Evil Lyn and the Sorceress, I would accept an alternative look for He-Ro, but I am not interested in another He-Ro-like character.

With Zodak, and Goddess, and Wun Dar, and Vikor, etc... I think we have enough variants squeeezed into the line that were basically concept sketches or variants of existing figures. Mattel has been reasonably successful in fitting them into the world of MoTU, but if we include every possible concept into the story we are going to ruin the world of MoTU that we all grew up with.

I know that Mattel has said that the canon is what we make it, but in reality, it is what they make it to be. If MoTU hits the mainstream again, it is going to need a clear and concise storyline.

That all being said, I don't think that your proposed look for the variant He-Ro is different enough. And IMO the released one is better. You did a pretty good job on your mock up though. How did you make the weapon?

Maybe you should have *protected* this thread.

It's tough to see, but I'm pretty sure he's wearing a blue cape in the concept art picture that only comes down to his butt.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

We're sorry!

I think I'm having a harder time with this concept because there was never a figure of him before, and now there is one and it seems like they took the best parts of that sketch and made something cool for him.

I really wanted to start a thread or a poll about those two repaint possibilities for the 80's/Filmation Sorceress from the mini-comics, but I KNEW I'd get blasted with criticism, so I just tried another angle.

If it makes you feel any better, I really like He-Ro, and if they made a new version of him, I WOULD BUY IT!

Go, He-Ro! ***expresses "SUPPORT"
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; August 24, 2010 at 09:58pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    It's tough to see, but I'm pretty sure he's wearing a blue cape in the concept art picture that only comes down to his butt.
    Yes, he is. I noticed that too.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'd support a concept He-Ro.

Not because I necessarily like the design, but because I've always had an affinity for any concept art brought to figure reality.

Star Wars' McQuarrie Collection are among my favorite pieces in my collection.

Concept He-Ro would look great standing next to Vikor & Demo-Man!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I honestly don't think it's different enough to warrant a variant. Aside from the different weapon and the G on his chest he's pretty much the same. Slightly different colors (TRU 2-pack worthy perhaps) but I honestly don't like the lack of cape. (Yeah yeah cue the Incredibles quote "No capes!" but seriously he looks better with the cape)

Now I will however fully support a concept He-Ro BIO. He-Ro to me will always be Gray the Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe not Ro the guy from space.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    The weapon is awesome! I want it!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    I think I would support it! This character is growing on me more and more as lately I've been learning more in-depth details about the complete MOTU history.

Though I'd probably throw a little bit more colored highlights in there somewhere, as well as the breastplate (pretty sure that image shows the clips above his shoulders), plus I think it'd be a great opportunity to redo his chonies; make 'em more like Bow's and King Hisss's, instead of the giant "chastity belt" lookin' undies, as another member stated.

The re-addition of KG's "G" is awesome too, would be cool having another figure share that element with Tytus. Oh yeah, I'm also way on board with his weapon/staff!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

I'd certainly buy a re-freshed He-Ro with same armor as the one we have, except for the "G" Grayskull faction logo instead of the "H", a smaller blue cape as per the concept artwork and repainted pants.

Oh yeah. And your new weapon!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I like the idea along the lines of the TRU repaints, but there are a couple ways I'd change it:
    • short blue cape
    • have the G tampographed on his chest and still keep the regular armor

Not too drastic, and doesn't cost anything to retool the chest. The weapon (and a shorter cape) would need to be the only newly sculpted pieces, though that would make them more variant than TRU repaints.

He'd look pretty great in a 2-pack with someone like Felix Faust or Dr. Fate.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

I like the idea of a variant but not so big on repaints...