Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Classic maskless King Hiss head Support Thread

Alternate Classic maskless King Hiss head Support Thread

Forget the controversies about King Hiss for a minute. Anyone want to get the alternate head of King Hiss? I know many want the 200X head, but Mattel has said they won't do that, and besides there should be a whole 200X variant anyway. But this head! This head so deserves to be included in the King's first release!

I'm talking about the head on the center and left BTW.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I agree, I do want that head included, I really don't see us getting another head unfortunately, I'm sure that Mattel will say that since a whole interchangeable torso is included that really eats up the budget for including much else for accessories
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Yeah, the price on Hiss is probably already pushing it. Still, I think if we show that we want it, Mattel can see they should look for opportunities to make it!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd want that head too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, the price on Hiss is probably already pushing it. Still, I think if we show that we want it, Mattel can see they should look for opportunities to make it!
    I agree!! I'm still holding out that they'll give us an alternate head pak. I don't see why that is so out of the question....
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

I'd take it, but I don't really care if we only get Hssss as he issss. I think he's great already.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle of Grayskul View Post
    I agree!! I'm still holding out that they'll give us an alternate head pak. I don't see why that is so out of the question....
    It's the "either/or" situation. If we get a head pack, it cuts into the tooling budget. Fans would rather get new figures than more heads.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

In addition to the 200x head discussion, why did King Hsss cover his snake form with a human form anyway? His bio should give a sentence to this thought perhaps. In addition, why let the human form where a mask if the human form is a mask?

Extra head? Absolutely. Each figures should really only get one release if possible, and if they have alternative heads, they should come with. It makes me sad how many future figures do not come with alternate heads. I'm skipping all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Fans would rather get new figures than more heads.
    That could have been worded better, as you do not speak for all fans.

Personally, getting a head pack would be extremely high on my list. I skip all figures that only have campy looking heads, well except vintage Mer-Man CB, he rocks. I just don't think we will ever get a head pack, so I'm not going to concern myself with it.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Dunno, i did not mind King H(i)sss as a toy, and the mask was an integral part of the look. It made him so "evil batman" that i liked it a lot. I am a supporter of exta heads and bits, so yeah, why not, but the head i'll b displaying my loose Hsss will be the masked one, all the way.

I agree, I do want that head included.
    200x extra head is a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    In addition to the 200x head discussion, why did King Hsss cover his snake form with a human form anyway? His bio should give a sentence to this thought perhaps. In addition, why let the human form where a mask if the human form is a mask?
    It's his action feature. In the vintage line, King Hsss wore a heroic human skin to fool He-Man and his friends. When their guards are down, he would have shed his skin and attacked.

In 200X, his human skin wasn't a disguise at all since it had reptilian features and everyone knew he was evil. I guess it was like something already bad being even worse in reality.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like it. I'm pro extra heads.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's his action feature. In the vintage line, King Hsss wore a heroic human skin to fool He-Man and his friends. When their guards are down, he would have shed his skin and attacked.

In 200X, his human skin wasn't a disguise at all since it had reptilian features and everyone knew he was evil. I guess it was like something already bad being even worse in reality.
    And for my second question:

"In addition, why let the human form where a mask if the human form (for the vintage figure design) is a mask? "

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    That could have been worded better, as you do not speak for all fans.

Personally, getting a head pack would be extremely high on my list. I skip all figures that only have campy looking heads, well except vintage Mer-Man CB, he rocks. I just don't think we will ever get a head pack, so I'm not going to concern myself with it.
    I'm not speaking for everyone, but that's the unfortunate nature of the "either/or" scenario. The majority of fans would pass on a head pack if it meant less figures. It doesn't mean that the fans don't want extra heads, but not at the cost of new characters.

"In addition, why let the human form where a mask if the human form (for the vintage figure design) is a mask? "
    LOL! God knows. Maybe the mask is a superhero-ish aspect that's supposed to show that he's a good guy.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 28, 2010 at 05:19pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Dunno, i did not mind King H(i)sss as a toy, and the mask was an integral part of the look. It made him so "evil batman" that i liked it a lot. I am a supporter of exta heads and bits, so yeah, why not, but the head i'll b displaying my loose Hsss will be the masked one, all the way.
    In no way am I not a fan of the mask! But he had two looks back in the 80s. He mostly had no mask in the mini comics, and the main one where he did was set back in Preternia times--giving it the suggestion that his older self didn't wear the mask. It's a big enough difference that it really deserves to be part of the MOTUC toy--and unlike most alt-heads, you can actually explain it in canon!

In the mini comics, he mainly wore the second mask on Preternia. Maybe that long ago, his humanoid mask wasn't perfected and needed to be partially covered.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    In the mini comics, he mainly wore the second mask on Preternia. Maybe that long ago, his humanoid mask wasn't perfected and needed to be partially covered.
    Oh, I like that idea. He couldn't perfect the human face, so he wore a mask.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yes, King Hiss should come with two heads, the domino mask head of the vintage toy and the slightly more sinister maskless face as depicted by Bruce Timm in the mini-comics.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I got to be the dissenting voice here. I don't see what you're talking about. It looks like one is just a regular face and the other is an angry face. What am I missing here?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

No, not for me. Thank you.
    I would rather like to see them spending money on 200X inspired King Hiss - give him arm bands, new hands, leg bands, feet with sandals, new egyptian-mummy-like head, Chief Carnivus' loincloth. Repaint the snake torso from yellow to light green color. That would be fine with me.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; August 29, 2010 at 06:28am.

I'm all for a Bruce Timm style minicomic head! Count me in...

since "200X" heads are BANNED, bring on the Mini Comic head...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I can't stress enough how fortunate we are that Bruce Timm cut his teeth on MOTU. His minicomics are the most beautiful ones after Alcala's, and he can draw -any- character looking cool. "Search for Keldor" is a little masterpiece, and the "snake man trilogy" is also brilliant.

So huge YES for me on an alternate/repaint Hiss head in this style!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I got to be the dissenting voice here. I don't see what you're talking about. It looks like one is just a regular face and the other is an angry face. What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Not sure if I can describe it any better than the pictures. Clearly the one resembling the figure head we know we're getting has the helmet coming down over his forehead and the skin around his eyes is covered by dark green (it appears just black in the original art), while the other head has the entire face and much of the forehead exposed, giving him a much different look. It's not about the expression, though that could certainly be different as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    No, not for me. Thank you.
    I would rather like to see them spending money on 200X inspired King Hiss - give him arm bands, new hands, leg bands, feet with sandals, new egyptian-mummy-like head, Chief Carnivus' loincloth. Repaint the snake torso from yellow to light green color. That would be fine with me.
    200X versions are still a long way off if Evil-Lyn is any indication. The money for him would come from a different fiscal year. And worse they've dropped hints that they don't think he's different enough, which is insane but probably part of that whole de-emphasis of 200X kick they are on at the moment. Long and the short of it, this is a request they should be more open to right now vs sometime in the future. Also, I'd expect more differences than just a new head, loin cloth, and color scheme for the 200X version.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 29, 2010 at 08:42am.