Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does She-Ra & POP Belong In MOTUC?

I love POP in MOTUC. I love POP Filmation. But I don't like the vintage toyline.

Yes. To me, She-Ra is a part of MOTU. There is no separate brand name as far as I’m concerned.

What is She-Ra?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

What is POP?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What is POP?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yea I think so. For the most part some of the "sillier" characters like Sweet Bee are no different than say Buzz off. Both are Bee people. Both have silly names. Yay for equal opportunity!

However I will admit that I could do without some of the vintage PoP elements. Comb weapons are a wasted accessory in my book. They made sense for the vintage line, because they had comb-able hair, but a "whip comb" for Catra's plastic hair serves little purpose beyond having a silly looking whip

Otherwise though there are some good characters that fit in well. Plus they are good looking girls in spandex!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

YES, she does belong in MOTUC.

In fact, POP characters are among my most sought after characters in the line, now. Characters from Etheria and Filmation characters from both MOTU and POP are my primary collecting interests now. I bought FOUR subs next year to ensure I start getting most of them.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Yea I think so. For the most part some of the "sillier" characters like Sweet Bee are no different than say Buzz off. Both are Bee people. Both have silly names. Yay for equal opportunity!
    Funnily those are exactly the examples I choose when I want to explain what I do not like about POP. While both are bee people and look somewhat silly at least Buzz Off is a real creature with claws, non human texture and a creature head. Sweet Bee on the other hand just looks like an earth girl in a party dress. The only creature design from POP I like is Octavia since she does actually look the part. I wish more of the female POP characters were like her. I like some of the male Horde characters from POP though. Like General Sunder, Batros and even Dylamug.
    Last edited by hauke; August 14, 2012 at 06:30pm.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

I just wanted to POP in and say that I'm pretty much a MOTU purist. But I bought She-ra (love Her) and all the Horde members because they look like they belong with the rest of my collection. A lot of the POP stuff just doesn't fit with the rest of them aesthetically. Not that they are not beautiful figures. I didn't get Adam or Orko for the same reason. I'm pretty positive I won't keep Glimmer. I'm not hating. They just don't fit in to my Barbarian cyborg sorcery thing I got go'n on. It might be weird to some but the concept figures and Teela Lyn variants fit in to my collection way better than say Bow.

I also wanted to say that on the whole the She-ra cartoon is a bit stronger than He-man. In my opinion because filmation had kind of hit their stride during that show.

However I might just keep Netossa because she's really beautiful looking.

All in all I have no complaints. My buddy likes the NA and POP stuff that I'm not as into. I love this line so much and am happy people can get the characters they love.
    PEACE

Filmation style PoP deffinately belongs in MOTUC!!!!!! Vintage Toy style, not so much as rooted hair doesn't fit and the style was too different from MOTU to be consistant with the classics, but maybe they could do two packs outside the sub for that or a toy varient mini sub for die hard she-ravers.

Quote Originally Posted by hauke View Post
    The only creature design from POP I like is Octavia....
    grizzlor, mantenna, leech....all the horde was designed for POP! and yes, POP is MOTUC, why do you even question? if keldor is motuc, demo-man is motuc and optikk is motuc why spinnerella wouldnt be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    I also wanted to say that on the whole the She-ra cartoon is a bit stronger than He-man. In my opinion because filmation had kind of hit their stride during that show.
    now, 28 years old, I can enjoi a POP episode but there are very few he-man's that I actually dont find not well written and partially really weird.
    even the she-ras theme is more captivating!

edit: I used to watch them in italian so there was dubbing on voices....whats wrond with castaspella? is she a he?
    Last edited by Delthaindia; August 14, 2012 at 09:48pm.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Heroic Warrior
    Why is this question even being asked? Yes POP belongs in MOTUC. Mattel has said that from the get go, and it is all a part of the same universe.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Seems like a silly question to me. Even if you dislike POP it's been a part of MOTU for decades, so I don't see how it shouldn't be in MOTUC as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Seems like a silly question to me. Even if you dislike POP it's been a part of MOTU for decades, so I don't see how it shouldn't be in MOTUC as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Why is this question even being asked? Yes POP belongs in MOTUC. Mattel has said that from the get go, and it is all a part of the same universe.
    Guys, the question in the OP (which wasn't even anti-PoP) was posed back in 2010! At the time I think PoP was only represented in MOTUC by Adora, She-Ra, and only just announced Bow, so it really was a different time from now.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 14, 2012 at 10:17pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Guys, the question in the OP (which wasn't even anti-PoP) was posed back in 2010! At the time I think PoP was only represented in MOTUC by Adora, She-Ra, and only just announced Bow.
    My bad. I just assume that most threads on the first page are recent or ongoing discussions and not necro-threads. Thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Guys, the question in the OP (which wasn't even anti-PoP) was posed back in 2010! At the time I think PoP was only represented in MOTUC by Adora, She-Ra, and only just announced Bow, so it really was a different time from now.
    Yep. This thread is a bit outdated now, so in order to avoid confusion, I am closing it.