Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post SDCC Fwoosh Interview

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    But the at least two part is including Bow.

It doesn't even sound like another POP female is tentatively scheduled in the third or fourth quarter. To me, this reads that the schedule is for 3 MOTU females and 1 POP female, unless something gets switched out in the second half of the year.
    He definitely is saying 1 female PoP, 1 male PoP (Bow)...but I REALLY believe by his comment means the last female in the 4th quarter *may* by a female PoP and he's not confirming it in case she gets pushed (like Adora).

He could also just be teasing us and we get 4 PoP females and no MOTU ladies. It's all speculation, but I still believe my guesses. I bet $1! We will get at least 3 out of my four predictions! Who will take me on?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Catra and Sweet Bee are trademarked. No Frosta...but they said she would be one of the "sooner" PoP figures we get. Weird.
    Well, there are... what... twenty-odd She-Ra-related figures remaining? If she's fifth of those, she's still "sooner".

I'd look for her in 2012 or 13, based on that, rather than 2011.

Pretty much I'm only expecting 1 POP gal next year. To say there are definitely at least 4 females in 2011 and then only be able to confirm 1 POP for sure out of those... just kinda reeks of MOTU favoritism. (and I'm including 2002 gals under the MOTU banner)

I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Pretty much I'm only expecting 1 POP gal next year. To say there are definitely at least 4 females in 2011 and then only be able to confirm 1 POP for sure out of those... just kinda reeks of MOTU favoritism. (and I'm including 2002 gals under the MOTU banner)

I hope I am wrong.
    Yeah, I hear you. I hope you're wrong too! I want at LEAST 2 PoP ladies or I might have to go on a rampage!

That being said, there's only confirmation of ONE NA character next year, and I'm hoping for two as well. I mean...only 2 NA characters in the line by the end of 2011? That would be wrong on many levels. Same with only 4 Pop characters (and Adora and She-Ra are the same character! So, three...really. ).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What other females could possibly be from MOTU?

Queen Marlena or Sorceress
    Queen Marlena and The Sorceress can't both come in the same year.

Veena
    KG came before He-Man, so Veena could come out before the Sorceress.

Bonus Figures
    200X Evil-Lyn
    Thanks to the Faceless One, so many fans believe that she should be coming out this year.

DC Bikini Teela
    Vikor as a regular figure and not a bonus figure (so long as he's someone else), might be suggesting that DC Bikini Teela or Blonde Teela isn't modern Teela at all, but someone else.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Queen Marlena or Sorceress
    Veena
    200X Evil-Lyn
    DC Bikini Teela
    There are several more. These three pop up in my mind now:
    Delora (Mini-Comics)
    Hawk (200x Cartoon)
    Maran (Mini-Comics)
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

I read the female comment to mean 1 POP female in the first half of the year. I'd expect the second at the end of the year with Marlena and 200x Evil Lynn or Veena mid-year.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=195637

I really hope there are 3 POP figures in 2011. 2 a year is NOT acceptable! And how are they going to get them all done by 2017 by only doing 2 a year? It's also possible that the 3rd POP is an A-List bonus variant, like a Starburst She-Ra, who may or may not get switched out in scheduling. I'd rather have a new character over a variant.

And it's also possible that he's holding back in order to surprise us with 3 for-sure POP characters...yeah, and BP cares about the environment.

Sharella as a human is another MOTU female possibility.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Not necessarily. The later MOTU figures don't really share parts at all. He would have been in that wave.
    Well, unfortunately Mattel disagrees with you.

While some of the original MotU characters who had unique sculpts might preserve that for nostalgia's sake, Mattel is never going to shell out unique sculpt funds for any character that didn't have a vintage MotU figure.

As I say, the whole M.O. with this line is to share parts.
    It's a money thing more than a style thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Well, unfortunately Mattel disagrees with you.

While some of the original MotU characters who had unique sculpts might preserve that for nostalgia's sake, Mattel is never going to shell out unique sculpt funds for any character that didn't have a vintage MotU figure.

As I say, the whole M.O. with this line is to share parts.
    It's a money thing more than a style thing IMO.
    Adora is a new figure and she has unique bracelets and boots nobody re-uses.

King Grayskull also never had a figure and nobody re-uses his boots.

But, Bow can't have his own boots, of course...which aren't more similar to a BUNCH of NA boots than NA He-Man's as I showed in pictures. (sarcasm)
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 3, 2010 at 01:54pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Oh, I don't necessarily agree with their choices, just trying to explain 'em.

I bet they probably just didn't give it any more thought than NA He-Man had already been worked on, and they didn't think the parts looked bad on Bow, which most people seem to agree with.

They probably hadn't thought far ahead enough to think about better NA character boots for Bow.

isn't swift wind the 3rd PoP character of 2011? or did they mean standard figs?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Adora is a new figure and she has unique bracelets and boots nobody re-uses.
    Wanna bet on that?

If we get green-dress Marlena, I fully expect her to reuse She-Ra arms and Adora legs underneath. And that's before you consider the possibility that they'll just say "good enough" and bung'em on someone else.

Plus, after three straight Teelas, they HAD to make new female arms & legs eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Wanna bet on that?

If we get green-dress Marlena, I fully expect her to reuse She-Ra arms and Adora legs underneath. And that's before you consider the possibility that they'll just say "good enough" and bung'em on someone else.

Plus, after three straight Teelas, they HAD to make new female arms & legs eventually!
    Oh...I think you're very wrong there.

I'm positive we will be getting Filmation Queen Marlena first, because Mattel said they can make her look that way "in any colour dress they want to!" and she was in the 4H's slideshow looking like that.

So, she has puffy sleeves which can't be re-used from any female so far. Also, Queen Marlena wears slippers like Filmation Perfuma. I regret stating this though, because I HATE Filmation Perfuma's design, characterization...pretty much everything about her. Toy Perfuma and mini-comics characterization all the way for her!

Anyway, so...no.

...and just for fun, Marlena chucking Skeletor across the room.

The real challenge with Marlena is how they make her dress. If it's made from the same material as the clothes and capes seen so far, she will be little more than a statue, with only arm and neck joints free.

It's an interesting challenge for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    Sooo... They spent tooling money on 5 molds for Robotos gears? Yeah. What a great way to spend money instead of adding more accessories...
    Actually... strike that emoticon. Make it this:
    You would rather have an extra arm attachment instead of getting the figure right??

I'm really happy they went the extra mile with Roboto to do him right, from getting the right colors to making them move, and having them sculpted in colored plastic instead of painted. Good job!!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What if Mattel cheaps out and make a classicized 200X Marlena, but give her a Filmation head and color her dress green? I could see them doing that, so they can make an easy 200X variant of her later.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

What if Mattel cheaps out and make a classicized 200X Marlena, but give her a Filmation head and color her dress green? I could see them doing that, so they can make an easy 200X variant of her later.
    I wouldn't enjoy that. I want Filmation Marlena, MYP Marlena and Battle Armour Marlena all looking like they should (sculpt-wise).

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Ugh the waiting is killing me, I wish we could see what the last 2/3 of 2011 looks like for the line
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    You would rather have an extra arm attachment instead of getting the figure right??
    As a matter of fact: Yes.
    First of all, Iīm not a kid anymore. I wonīt be playing with my Roboto, twisting his waist and giggling all over his rotating gears as if I were four years old.
    Second: It is absurd to assume Mattel has a budget for each individual figure instead of tooling money for the whole year or at least several month. Figures like Whiplash couldnīt have been made (whole new buck), while figures like the Goddess (whole old Teela) would basically have cost nothing but a new spear.
    So the tooling money that went on creating Robotoīs gears could easily have gone towards e.g. Grizzlors second face and who knows what else the 4HM designed, that never will see the light of day because of Mattels decissions. It could also have been spent on another Roboto head and his chest armor from the 200x Roboto. Maybe even a clip-on gattling gun as seen in the MYP cartoon. LOTS of possibilities. Yet Mattel spent the money on a truly childish actionfeature - while the line was always meant to be strictly without actionfeatures.

Elder Councilman
    First of all, Iīm not a kid anymore. I wonīt be playing with my Roboto, twisting his waist and giggling all over his rotating gears as if I were four years old.
    Second: It is absurd to assume Mattel has a budget for each individual figure instead of tooling money for the whole year or at least several month. Figures like Whiplash couldnīt have been made (whole new buck), while figures like the Goddess (whole old Teela) would basically have cost nothing but a new spear.
    So the tooling money that went on creating Robotoīs gears could easily have gone towards e.g. Grizzlors second face and who knows what else the 4HM designed, that never will see the light of day because of Mattels decissions. It could also have been spent on another Roboto head and his chest armor from the 200x Roboto. Maybe even a clip-on gattling gun as seen in the MYP cartoon. LOTS of possibilities. Yet Mattel spent the money on a truly childish actionfeature - while the line was always meant to be strictly without actionfeatures.
    this. Completely and totally this.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

These are toys, they're supposed to be childish. I for one am extremely happy that they're doing action features for characters that truly need them. Roboto just wouldn't be Roboto without his moving gears, since he's always had them.

these are action figures though. the 'i don't play with my toys anymore' is fine and all if that's how you feel, but these are designed to be played with (and i say that as a MOC collector), otherwise they'd have given us staticons.

Heroic Warrior
    They are action figures, fair enough. But for adult collectors, not for kids. Case closed in my oppinion