Thread: Castle Grayskull Map discussion

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar

Castle Grayskull Map discussion

I'm really surprised I can't find a thread on this...

This is the best map they've done, period! I love it. Right from the moment I opened it up and saw the creature from the first minicomic. There are so many cool little rooms and easter eggs, with enough unseen to leave it up to your imagination. Looking to find characters and creatures is like 'Where's Waldo'. There is a lot of beautiful detail, and overall it's just a great piece of art all around. I really like the bio too, as it harkens back to Grayskull's creepy/mysterious origins.

I think they should do Snake Mountain next year, amirite?

Yes they should...

This poster is AWESOME! It makes me sad that the actual Grayskull playset isn't more gigantic lol.
    A Want List of Sorts: Filmation Tung Lasher, Roton, Skelcon, POP costume She-Ra / Starburst She-Ra, Lodar, and all the other POP, Filmation, & NA characters.

Yes its the best map yet! I only miss the Sorceress filmation throne or have I missed it?
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Looks great. I've seen it in the art book but am waiting for the full size map in my quarterly sub.

I was worried they'd use the playset as a basis for the map as it would make the castle far too small. But its awesome to see how they've worked in the extra levels whilst keeping the playset rooms in the same locations. It looks as though this was the layout all along, and the 80s playset was based off this.

Also adding elements from the original mini-comics, filmation cartoon, 200X and the movie brings it all together nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Yes its the best map yet! I only miss the Sorceress filmation throne or have I missed it?
    That's my question as well. I don't see a throne room. But either way, it's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes they should...
    Yay! That is all.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I think they should do Snake Mountain next year, amirite?
    Definitely. We always had an idea of what's inside Grayskull, but what does Skeletor keep locked away inside of Snake Mountain?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I've been meaning to jump into this thread, because I agree: I LOVE this map. It is chock-full of details, hidden gems, and fun nods to the history of the brand and Eternia itself.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

This is by far my favorite map release. Soooo much love went into that map, it's amazing!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    That's my question as well. I don't see a throne room. But either way, it's fantastic!
    The royal throne room (with trap door and vintage toy throne) is on the second level. The filmation sorceress throne is at the end of the walkway of elders on the first level. But both "thrones" wound up hidden by walls (vintage Royal throne's back can be seen) But the rooms are there!

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    This is by far my favorite map release. Soooo much love went into that map, it's amazing!
    I agree. LOVE the CG Map. It is by far my favorite!!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Dang, that's too bad about the Filmation throne being lost behind a wall and it makes me wish there had been some extra call outs to see the missing angles--but I love how much detail is in the map already. I'd love to see the same treatment for SM, Crystal Castle, and the Palace of Eternia just because it's so fun to have a real floor plan (although I'm sorry there was also no room for the 200x throne). I guess Star Trek fans like these things because it makes the fantasy setting seem more like a real place they can explore, and on a TV show about life on a space ship probably does beg for that extra bit of connect-the-dots. I won't lie that some things like the Great Eye seem too dinky in this cut-away, and Castle Grayskull will always be more of a TARDIS than an Enterprise in my mind, ie bigger on the inside. But regardless the fun sense of immersion still works.
    Last edited by gbagok; June 2, 2015 at 10:48pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

am I mistaken or is the Grayskull business card holder used as the Subternia Grayskull entrance? It's clearly the same design right? Even if confirmed "not intentionally" it clearly appears like it could be, and that makes that card holder really really extra cool.

My favourite thing turned out to be the dwell of souls area and teh he ro secret grave area. I hope to see that He Ro area used either in new minicomics or something else. MOTUC '16!

I agree. This map is awesome!
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I love it, the best map by far and it's awesome how all different elements are bought into one.

Also liked spotting the characters
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I love it too! I would totally buy a portfolio including this floor plan + Snake Mountain, Three Towers of Eternia, Eternos Palace, Crystal Castle, Whispering Woods, Starship Eternia, Nordor, Fright Zone and a few other locations... They should just publish this as a large format printed portfolio, and include all the old maps so we have them without the folds. And update the first map of Eternia, because the later ones were so awesome, that poor Eternia can not compete

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The royal throne room (with trap door and vintage toy throne) is on the second level. The filmation sorceress throne is at the end of the walkway of elders on the first level. But both "thrones" wound up hidden by walls (vintage Royal throne's back can be seen) But the rooms are there!
    Awesome. Thanks for the head's up!

Castle Grayskull Map.

Does anyone want to disagree with me about
    That purple/ blue mini comic beast standing in the doorway
    of castle Grayskull on the new map will be a beast offered in the 2016 sub.
    Head Smasher

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor View Post
    Does anyone want to disagree with me about
    That purple/ blue mini comic beast standing in the doorway
    of castle Grayskull on the new map will be a beast offered in the 2016 sub.
    dude, we already have most of the parts. Between Battle Cats head and the Shadow Beasts body all we need is the tale and some parts sculpting. Also after he gets made we can then get the Ice Hacker since the looked very similar except for the back spine and coloring.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery