Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 - End for MOTUC?? Rumor or Truth?

Totally Dyslexic

2016 - End for MOTUC?? Rumor or Truth?

All of a sudden there is this rumor that 2016 is the end for MOTUC.

Where is that coming from? Is that fan talk or are there actual facts?

I have no clue and i just want to know whatīs going on.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

All I've seen if this post - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3663369

And the follow up suggesting that bcrduke gets good information and he appears worried about the line from something he's heard.

As I'm relatively new to getting the line, it would be a big disappointment if true.

What really stinks is the Thundercats fans. I mean, we got ALL the vintage figs plus a year of icing on the cake to finish off some major requests. It will be great to at least get Stridor since they have the flipping tool. But for T Cats fans. Wow. Only 5 figures and that is it. Hardly worth the shelf space. Kinda same for Filmation style huh. 7 figures doesn't really make a collection.

Matty, if you don't make Snake Mountain, you are going to make my daughters cry! You aren't in the business if disappointing little kids, are you?
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Heroic Warrior
    Did he hint anything about Thundercats ending as well? If we're only getting 5 figures, I'm going to have to cancel my sub. The last thing I want is another incomplete Thundercats line.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmorgan View Post
    What really stinks is the Thundercats fans. I mean, we got ALL the vintage figs plus a year of icing on the cake to finish off some major requests. It will be great to at least get Stridor since they have the flipping tool. But for T Cats fans. Wow. Only 5 figures and that is it. Hardly worth the shelf space. Kinda same for Filmation style huh. 7 figures doesn't really make a collection.
    Thundercats and Club Grayskull (Filmation) are separate lines. The only rumour running rampant is that Classics may have reached its end.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Heroic Warrior
    This is starting to get a little scary almost like the beginning of the end if stocks are hurting Mattel that much. I don't even care about Barbie but if its hurting Mattel that much to where it will effect our lines of toys than idk.

The Thundercat line has not even gotten off the ground yet and this is going to a very short lived none complete line if they cant at least finish the entire vintage.

While so far it's been fan speculation, this year's track record with everything being delayed, no SDCC Item announced, and general silence from Matty's side are giving more credibility to that rumor.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Quote Originally Posted by sirmorgan View Post
    Nothing was said about Thundercats, Only MOTU
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Not sure what to think of the rumor, but at least we got one year extra of MOTUC than what it looked like we were going to get if it ends.

Hopefully, the Filmation line which has been having fast sell outs continues.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am not going to speculate...but poor stock prices typically mean layoffs---and as Scott has mentioned, Mattycollector is a project being managed in "the spare time" of employees with other duties---so if there are fewer employees---that would mean less time to manage Mattycollecter. So it could be MOTUC---or it could be all of MattyCollecter.

Plus I think if it was a done deal, then BCRDuke would have just said it plainly. I think its up in the air and BCRDuke is just warning that there is a good chance 2017 won't happen.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Well, we've weathered the doom and gloom before.

I'm not saying there's no way Classics is ending, but if the 2016 line sold 75% over its minimum, why should it be ending? I understand the company as a whole performing poorly, but despite the lack of attention Classics is getting it seems to still be chugging along.

I hope this is not the end, but seems like it's something we might have to brace for.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Bcrduke might not have necessarily hinted at the end of the line. You need to read his post right before the one mentioned above (in the WTFWTK 2.164 question thread). Still, Motu/motuc not having a presence in SDCC can't be a good thing. Hopefully we can squeeze out one more year. I really want Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy.

I hope Classics doesn't ends ! If it ends, we'll be missing some cool figures for sure !! I think Classics can still survive for 2-3 years MAX. At least 2017 needs to happen !! As for HMATMOTU, or Club Grayskull line as some people say, I really........ REALLY hope it continues for 3-4 years (if the line continues to be 6 bi-monthly figures) or 2 years, if it becomes 12 monthly figures.

As far as vehicles concerned, give me Land Shark & I am done !!

Beasts, While I love to see some core characters, like Crystal Swift Wind, Catra Panther Form, Cringer, Clawdeen ETC, I don't think we are going to get many.

And for the love of god Mattel.......... Please finish off ALL the 200X variants, possibly mini comic variants too !!
    Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!

Quote Originally Posted by phnx75 View Post
    Bcrduke might not have necessarily hinted at the end of the line. You need to read his post right before the one mentioned above (in the WTFWTK 2.164 question thread). Still, Motu/motuc not having a presence in SDCC can't be a good thing. Hopefully we can squeeze out one more year. I really want Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy.
    True, it would be quite sad if MOTUC didn't have a presence at SDCC, but not too surprising consider the lack of any communication coming out lately. I would rather it still continue and not get shown at SDCC over the line ending completely.

Maybe they'll use Power Con to reveal everything instead? That would be cool.

Also, if Mattel IS done with MOTUC, perhaps they'd allow the Four Horseman to continue the line under their company. I'm sure the figures would cost more, but at least we'd still be getting them.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Totally Dyslexic
    Okay.

So far itīs just a rumor.

Started by fans based on a question and a cryptic post from another fan who is not a Mattel employe. And on top of that, that post includes the phrase: I THINK.

Not: i know, i heard or iīm sure…no it clearly says:

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well...

It's going to be a very strange SDCC this year for MOTUC... I think. Somewhat sad, to be honest.

So far itīs just speculation than.

Am i getting this right or is there anything else?
    Last edited by Niki; May 13, 2016 at 11:39am.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post

Also, if Mattel IS done with MOTUC, perhaps they'd allow the Four Horseman to continue the line under their company. I'm sure the figures would cost more, but at least we'd still be getting them.
    And they would be done RIGHT, without the assistance of Digital river.

Just a "fan" started rumor. Nothing based in fact. I'm even upset with myself for giving it any attention at all.

Plus, SDCC, where everyone is having a great time and you have your most rabit fan base is NOT the time or place to drop bad news. Sorry, not happening.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Frightmare; May 13, 2016 at 11:40am.
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    True, it would be quite sad if MOTUC didn't have a presence at SDCC, but not too surprising consider the lack of any communication coming out lately. I would rather it still continue and not get shown at SDCC over the line ending completely.

Maybe they'll use Power Con to reveal everything instead? That would be cool.

Now this would be an AWESOME idea! And if they give free reigh to the 4 Hourseman to recreate or reimmagine the MOTU Universe with figures in the same style of their fantastic Mythic Legions, and expanding it with also new MOTU characters, like their awesome Draego-Man was, personally i will not bother with any other toy line ever again, because this would be the dream line that always wanted.

Even if these lines end, I feel like we got a great collection of figures with the original MOTUC line. I feel like when that ended, we got a pretty solid vintage line reproduced.

Well customizers will make a hell of a load of money!!! My first order from HKC will be Karg!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I wish someone had started tracking rumors back in 2008 for which ended up being true, which were partially true, and which were bunk.

Wasn't that long ago that we saw rumors suggesting robust line-ups that didn't happen. Then wasn't that long ago that there were rumors of Starburst She-Ra and Prince Adam at SDCC. Now the rumors are the line won't happen in 2017.

But, I suppose rumors do make for interesting conversation.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    If it does end, it's Mattel's fault and nobody else's.

They don't innovate, and they don't market properly. It's a company that's survived on Barbie (great job on that 'diversification', by the way!) and Hot Wheels and flubbed just about everything else that they touch.

If they tank, it'll be $50+ that I can save every month.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz