Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leo Faker support thread

Signed!!
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    See post #14
    Good point.

In that case no, I don't want a Leo Faker. It would then need new tooling and thus count as an "A-List variant" figure. And I wouldn't want this guy to eat up a slot that could have been Hurricane Hordak, Dragon Blaster Skeletor or 200X Evil-Lyn, and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Good point.

In that case no, I don't want a Leo Faker. It would then need new tooling and thus count as an "A-List variant" figure. And I wouldn't want this guy to eat up a slot that could have been Hurricane Hordak, Dragon Blaster Skeletor or 200X Evil-Lyn, and so on and so forth.
    Why would it need new tooling? I think they can put skeletor's crotch piece with heman legs. It just would require a new figure. Or do you mean new tooling to put a brand new separate orange skeletors loincloth in a weapons pack?

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Why would it need new tooling? I think they can put skeletor's crotch piece with heman legs. It just would require a new figure. Or do you mean new tooling to put a brand new separate orange skeletors loincloth in a weapons pack?
    Putting a Skeletor loincloth on a Faker figure means it's a new tool. It's not a Faker reissue.

That means the only way to see it is as a Monthly Figure (which people would hate) or a quarterly "variant figure" (which would eat up a slot for other variants).

I'd rather other variants then heman and skeley I think we had enough of them in all the other lines. It time for new variants. Like Leo faker. Camo khan. And then do the others. We are gonna get four a list variants a year so why not get someone awesome and abscure.

And with Leo faker you could actually use him as skeletons evil robot.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy a MOTUC Leo Faker.

Heroic Warrior
    Putting a Skeletor loincloth on a Faker figure means it's a new tool. It's not a Faker reissue.
    But they have the tool for Skeletor... they just have to make it orange.

I would most definitely like the opportunity to buy a MOTUC Leo Faker!
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

That means the only way to see it is as a Monthly Figure (which people would hate) or a quarterly "variant figure" (which would eat up a slot for other variants).
    I do see your point, based on what Mattel has said. Which is why Mattel needs to stop making stupid rules for themselves to stick by. Just give us the toys we want. If we can have Mo-Lar and not Leo Faker, then Mattel has to reevaluate their rules. Or do we have to get Seth Green to add Leo Faker to Robot Chicken just so Mattel can release him as a SDCC exclusive.

Other variants such as Ice armour He-man,Jungle attack He-man, Wolf armour He-man, SmashBlade He-man, Snake Hunter He-man....
    Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    But they have the tool for Skeletor... they just have to make it orange.
    When they mention "tooling" they are referring to creating new molds. Such as Carnivus's loincloth, Roboto's Chest.
    Leo Faker is just a Re-paint/Re-deco much like the new King Grayskull.
    If done right he would be a very good seller for mattel and VERY cheap for them to Produce.

Heck even the original toyline had a Faker II so I think MOTUC deserves one too. I can wait for all the A-list variants to get made first. But I feel he would prove very popular, especially if he got an angry head(much like Adam got a second head).

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    He's more then a re-paint/re-deco. They'd need to switch the standard He-Man mold belt and shorts for the Skeletor mold shorts and belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    He's more then a re-paint/re-deco. They'd need to switch the standard He-Man mold belt and shorts for the Skeletor mold shorts and belt.
    True... but that mold already exists.
    There's no new tooling needed.
    Bill :: guitargod694

I’m bringing back a zombie thread to show my continuing support for a Leo Faker. I whipped up this image to show that Preternia Diguise He-Man’s head could work as Leo Faker. Normally, I prefer as much vintage influence as possible without new takes on old designs. But since Leo Faker is Faker with extra Skeletor accessories I think him having a hood makes sense. Plus the mold already has a sculpted on mask and has just enough of his bangs showing that we can still see his red hair. Add green eye shadow and voilà.

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Man FakerII, you always got the best Faker ideas! I'd totally be up for that! Just like I'd be up for that NA Faker design you has as your avatar awhile ago. I hope he gets at least ONE variant, but I'm not holding my breath.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Man FakerII, you always got the best Faker ideas! I'd totally be up for that! Just like I'd be up for that NA Faker design you has as your avatar awhile ago. I hope he gets at least ONE variant, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Thanks! What can I say? I just have Faker on the brain. Doppelgangers are fun. Battle Armor Faker was kind of a dud since the figure was absolutely no different. The parts could have come in a weapons pack. Leo Faker is the variant I hope for the most. And I too wouldn’t mind a NA Faker, just not before a Leo Faker. On a side note, I love doppelgangers so much that I shoehorned Scourge/Nemesis Prime into my G1 Transformers collection by having reprolabels make me a custom stickersheet for Takara’s Nucleon Quest Super Convoy.

Rather than have this offered as a variant slot, I think it would be better to get the orange havoc staff in a Weapons Pak, and then a new "leo" head packed in with a Skeletor variant, like NA Skeletor or Laser Light Skeletor, or even with the next traveling convention figure; like how the Zodak head was included with Strobo.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Rather than have this offered as a variant slot, I think it would be better to get the orange havoc staff in a Weapons Pak, and then a new "leo" head packed in with a Skeletor variant, like NA Skeletor or Laser Light Skeletor, or even with the next traveling convention figure; like how the Zodak head was included with Strobo.
    It's a shame that Dragon Blaster Skeletor didn't come with a new snap on belt with tassels. Then all the parts for Leo Faker could be released as separate pieces to add to the original Faker. As it is, without the Skeletor loin cloth it just wouldn't be Leo Faker.

i totally support leo faker.

i wish they would've gave ba faker the masked head and havoc staff at least BECAUSE i don't see them ever doing this variant unless its offered as a treasure hunt like SOH.
    Awesome sticker not included!™ Blade=sad!

Coming Soon: Masters of the DC Universe

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Thanks! What can I say? I just have Faker on the brain. Doppelgangers are fun. Battle Armor Faker was kind of a dud since the figure was absolutely no different. The parts could have come in a weapons pack. Leo Faker is the variant I hope for the most. And I too wouldn’t mind a NA Faker, just not before a Leo Faker. On a side note, I love doppelgangers so much that I shoehorned Scourge/Nemesis Prime into my G1 Transformers collection by having reprolabels make me a custom stickersheet for Takara’s Nucleon Quest Super Convoy.
    I have the same love for doppelgangers - specifically the evil robot versions of main heros. I think Faker started that, honestly (and it continued with Metal Sonic, Robo Ky, and probably more). I never did get a good Nemesis Prime yet (since they all seem to be exclusives) and I am still kicking myself for skipping on the original Scourge (since he's also using one of my top favorite TF molds: Laser Prime).

Anyway, I agree. Battle Armor Faker was neat, but doesn't really bring home the idea of a variant for me. If anything it seems like a more brainless double than the original, and Leo Faker with a Havok Staff and all that seems like it'll give him more character! Could be any story surrounding his new items, and it sparks my imagination.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Leo Faker with a Havok Staff and all that seems like it'll give him more character! Could be any story surrounding his new items, and it sparks my imagination.
    Since Faker is by nature an imitator, I like to think of Leo Faker as Faker imitating more of Skeletor than He-Man. That said, I imagine him having acquired some source of power allowing him to use magic. Imagine an evil doppelganger robot wielding magic. How cool is that?
    Last edited by FAKER II; July 19, 2013 at 11:07am.

I'll bet Leo Faker was in the original roadmap and has since been deleted. Probably the same with Kamo Khan I'd wager.
    ~~~~~~~~ abaddon_31 on the Matty Collector Message Boards ~~~~~~~~~

I would much rather have Kamo Kahn. He's more unique and offers an opportunity to have a Kahn in the Snakemen proper. Especially if you see your Kahn as an Evil Warrior.

However would you guys have rather had Leo Faker than the Battle Armour Faker in the TRU 2 Pac? I think they made the right choice on that one. You?

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I would much rather have Kamo Kahn. He's more unique and offers an opportunity to have a Kahn in the Snakemen proper. Especially if you see your Kahn as an Evil Warrior.

However would you guys have rather had Leo Faker than the Battle Armour Faker in the TRU 2 Pac? I think they made the right choice on that one. You?
    Totally agree! If I had to choose, I'd definitely take BA Faker over Leo Faker.

Also, I'd KILL for a Camo Kahn! You never know; he might be released in a signature fan line or something.
    ~~~~~~~~ abaddon_31 on the Matty Collector Message Boards ~~~~~~~~~