Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.43!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.43!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 43 questions!

This round of questions were selected by CarKrash,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Joseephus:
    When can expect to hear something regarding the MOTU Attitubes possible availability, price, etc?

At this point there has not been enough fan interest to go forward with the Attitubes. We’d love to get to them one day, but will need to see much more interest from the fan community.

2. Bonehead:
    May we get a proper Prince Adam bio? Maybe on Matty?

We’d love to get to a single-carded Prince Adam down the road (perhaps in new colors or in a Classic version of the teen Adam from the 200X series). We won’t be doing a bio without a figure anytime soon. Honestly, the bio we have for Adam doesn’t really have much new info. You pretty much have his story in the original He-Man bio.

3. Cyberv:
    Why aren't the Mattycollector versions of the SDCC figures not sold at the convention included with the 2011 subscriptions? It seems like it'd be easy to make enough for the sub, and still have plenty of newcomers jumping on them. If nothing else, it would prevent a nightmare like the August 2, 2010 debacle from occurring again.

We don’t know at this point how, or if, we will be differentiating the SDCC version from any version sold online. There may be a large difference or there might be no difference at all. If we included the SDCC item in the sub, that would defeat the point of having a SDCC item.

4. PrinceAdam101:
    Are there any little known concept characters or prototypes available for the line (like Vikor, for instance) that are female? Many of us are fans of the female characters and would love a surprise reveal in the future!

There is quite a lot of concept art but nothing we can comment on at this time. For the most part, however, it is male (but not 100%).

5. Kagamigod:
    May we get a re-release figure schedule? Since they are all re-releases there are no reveal surprises.

For the most part we will be announcing all figures approx. three months before the on-sale date.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 45!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 43 questions!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This answer bothers me:

3. Cyberv:
    Why aren't the Mattycollector versions of the SDCC figures not sold at the convention included with the 2011 subscriptions? It seems like it'd be easy to make enough for the sub, and still have plenty of newcomers jumping on them. If nothing else, it would prevent a nightmare like the August 2, 2010 debacle from occurring again.

We don’t know at this point how, or if, we will be differentiating the SDCC version from any version sold online. There may be a large difference or there might be no difference at all. If we included the SDCC item in the sub, that would defeat the point of having a SDCC item.
    We were told by Mattel that the versions sold online have to be different from the con versions. King Grayskull was "left over stock" to test out their website or some such...and Mo-Larr is a one-off.

So...why the contradictions...again?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    2. Bonehead:

We’d love to get to a single-carded Prince Adam down the road (perhaps in new colors or in a Classic version of the teen Adam from the 200X series). We won’t be doing a bio without a figure anytime soon. Honestly, the bio we have for Adam doesn’t really have much new info. You pretty much have his story in the original He-Man bio.
    Wow. Fans were hoping that Adam's bio would have elaborated on his quest while he was using the techno sword.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm glad that they mentioned 200X Adam again, as there's been a few people on here lately saying they don't believe he'll ever be made.

Hopefully the new colours will be minicomic colours
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Matty
    Honestly, the bio we have for Adam doesn’t really have much new info. You pretty much have his story in the original He-Man bio.
    They can't come up with more than one paragraph of story for the main character in the line? Hire me then. I'll do it. So could an eight-year-old kid. Matty needs to have a good ol' fashioned play session with their toys.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Shock of shocks, as I did not remember asking that question on this round. I had deleted it in an earlier round.

His answer was informative, but from it I doubt there are any concept female characters coming.

Also, bummer about Adam's bio. Like there is just NOTHING new they could POSSIBLY say about the lead character of the Filmation MOTU media (his screen time rivaled He-Man).
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    ...So they're essentially saying "sure, we COULD put the matty versions in the sub, but we won't because we'd rather cater to a handful of rabid fans rather than put it in a sure thing and make even MORE money".

Wow, that's wrong on SO many levels.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    At this point there has not been enough fan interest to go forward with the Attitubes. We’d love to get to them one day, but will need to see much more interest from the fan community.
    The reason I picked this question is ‘cuz Mattel brought the attitubes out at SDCC, and even painted more. I didn’t hear any discussion about it. You think they just bring these everywhere for no reason? Lol.

If we included the SDCC item in the sub, that would defeat the point of having a SDCC item.
    Well, the question was specifically about the Matty version.. like the He-Ro without the SDCC stamp, or the Orko without the color change feature. So I don’t understand this part of the reply. I bought the 2011 sub so I don’t have to worry about being on vacation during a Matty day. Since SDCC falls during summertime.. I think it’d be a service to the fans to put the matty version of the SDCC in the sub in the slot of a “A-List Quarterly figure” so I can be at a beach, amusement park or a museum that day!

I picked the reissue question before we knew of Zodac’s reissue.. I think it’d be nice if they could stick to knowing what’s three months out.. but somehow I doubt that there’s only 1 reissue for the rest of the year.. so I’m not sure that Mattel is living up to the 3 months out plan.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Shock of shocks, as I did not remember asking that question on this round. I had deleted it in an earlier round.

His answer was informative, but from it I doubt there are any concept female characters coming.
    Maybe you're asking about the wrong line. MOTU is a sausage fest. Maybe you should ask about are there any POP concept characters that we don't know about?

Also, bummer about Adam's bio. Like there is just NOTHING new they could POSSIBLY say about the lead character of the Filmation MOTU media (his screen time rivaled He-Man).
    I know...no secret tidbits or anything like that? They could have based it around him keeping his secret from Teela, Randor and enemies and the burden of keeping it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

So no 200X extra heads, but they will do a full bodied 200X Adam figure? Where is the logic on this one?

Interesting read, not really surprised they wouldn't included the SDCC figure in the subscription. Kinda of sad there isn't much no information on Adam that we don't already have, as stated, I'd like to hear more about him using the techno sword too.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    3. Cyberv:

So far, regardless of if there is a difference (i.e. He-Ro, Orko) or no difference (i.e. King Grayskull, Mo-Larr/Skeletor) between the SDCC version of the exclusives, SOME version of the figures offered at SDCC have been sold online.

How does including whatever version of the SDCC item (that will be sold online anyway) in the subscription defeat the point of having an SDCC item any more so than offering some version of it online at all?

It's not like Cyberv is asking them to specifically include the SDCC version when there is a difference between the two versions. He's just asking for whatever item will be the SDCC exclusive to be included.

I could see if something like Mo-Larr/Skeletor wasn't included (since it's a weird, 1-off item and includes a character that technically isn't from MOTU), but I see no reason why something like the regular color version of Orko couldn't be included. This is just a bunch of circular logic to come to a conclusion that ultimately makes no sense.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

They aren't including the sdcc item because they know that most of us wouldn't bother buying their other sdcc items. If we have to go to matty tge day all of the sdcc stuff is on sale, we might buy other sdcc stuff AND we might buy multiples of the motuc item.

If we just had the sdcc motuc item as a sub item, we wouldn't have to worry about paying attention to their other products.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Pretty much ZERO interest in attidubes from me (I don't have $ or space for another collection). Sorry, for those interested. Also, since I open my toys, a single carded Prince Adam does nothing for me.
    For those interested in that, I hope Matty comes through. I know MOC collectors would be bothered by the way Adam was packed. I probably would be (hiding as he is).
    Thanks for posting this!
    Thanks for answering questions, too, Matty People!

Heroic Warrior
    Can any one explain what "MOTU Attitubes" or "attidubes" are?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    DOH!
    Thanks for the link. I actually had done a search but spelled it "attidubes".

Any way, the attitubes are cute, but not for me. I'd rather have more MOTUC fer sure!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    So no 200X extra heads, but they will do a full bodied 200X Adam figure? Where is the logic on this one?
    Here's the logic:

$$$$$$$$$

So...instead of fans possibly buying a second figure, they HAVE to buy a second figure. That's my guess.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking 200X He-Man. Tallstar's comment below mine is right.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    They aren't including the sdcc item because they know that most of us wouldn't bother buying their other sdcc items. If we have to go to matty tge day all of the sdcc stuff is on sale, we might buy other sdcc stuff AND we might buy multiples of the motuc item.

If we just had the sdcc motuc item as a sub item, we wouldn't have to worry about paying attention to their other products.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT. ROCK View Post
    DOH!
    Thanks for the link. I actually had done a search but spelled it "attidubes".

Any way, the attitubes are cute, but not for me. I'd rather have more MOTUC fer sure!
    I think a certain Count Marzo would be interested if Mattel made "Attidubes."
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 2, 2010 at 06:33pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    With 2002 Adam, they kind of have to do a complete figure because the teenage head wouldn't look right on the classic Adam buck.

What's interesting to me though, is that they seemingly don't have him budgeted/scheduled into a specific year.

I wonder which POP character is getting bumped when they decide to do him?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe you're asking about the wrong line. MOTU is a sausage fest. Maybe you should ask about are there any POP concept characters that we don't know about?
    I did! I hoped that the question would elicit a response like, "oh, we've got a surprise or two in store, in time" or something like that. As it is, I doubt a prototype female is planned anytime at all. Oh, well. It's not like there isn't plenty of other women they need to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I know...no secret tidbits or anything like that? They could have based it around him keeping his secret from Teela, Randor and enemies and the burden of keeping it.
    My follow up statement on the Adam's bio reads like this: "Was there much new to say about Faker when he got a bio?" Faker's bio contained a clue to a twist in the plot. You know, they are creating a bit of a story with the bios. I am hoping that an Adam bio, later on, contains info about his whereabouts when he disappeared to fight Skeletor and Flogg in space. How did he justify it?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Wow, that was a great round of questions orgers! Unfortunately less than great answerssome of the answers were like they didn't understand the questions not getting what they're trying to say about the sdcc
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

2. Bonehead:

WOW!!

My question actually got picked!

I can't believe that that Adam's bio doesn't have any new info.

I did! I hoped that the question would elicit a response like, "oh, we've got a surprise or two in store, in time" or something like that. As it is, I doubt a prototype female is planned anytime at all. Oh, well. It's not like there isn't plenty of other women they need to get to.
    Maybe the human version of Sharella?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm very curious to see these female art concepts. I wonder if it's just the same stuff that appeared in Tomarts?

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    With 2002 Adam, they kind of have to do a complete figure because the teenage head wouldn't look right on the classic Adam buck.

What's interesting to me though, is that they seemingly don't have him budgeted/scheduled into a specific year.

I wonder which POP character is getting bumped when they decide to do him?
    There shouldn't be any bumped because he should be included into the Quarterly Bonus A-list variant figures.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=