Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help me remember these coloring books and some illustrations within

  1. #1
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230

    Help me remember these coloring books and some illustrations within

    I had a few different coloring books for MotU before I lost my vision, and it is possible that over the past 26-28 years my childhood memories have blended some of them together, so my apologies if any of this is not quite right. I hope that someone out there can provide some further details on some of these for me, to help jog my memory. Not being able to easily enjoy MotU comics/books is one of the most frustrating things as a blind fan.

    First, I remember having a coloring book with an orange cover. (It may have been an orange-ish red, though.) I think the story dealt largely with Skeletor kidnapping Teela, but my memory of the story is pretty vague. Any details would be very welcome.

    In that same book, (I think), I remember, reasonably clearly, an illustration of Beast-Man. It's Beast-Man standing next to a body of water. (Maybe a lake or swamp?) And he might've been holding something over his head, I can't remember for sure. A bolder? He was in at least partial profile. I remember it was definitely a coloring book page. As a kid, I remember staring at that picture of Beast-Man and just getting a sense of awe and wonder. It was awesome. I'd love it if anyone can provide further details to help me remember it.

    I also had a coloring/tracing book. It had these translucent pages you could kinda see through, and then trace the lines of the picture underneath. I can't remember the story of that one at all, so would love some details on that, but I do remember, very clearly, a picture of Skeletor sitting on a throne with multiple skulls carved into it. It was a super cool pic to my child's eye.

    I had the coloring books largely because, before I lost my vision, I was extremely artistic. I spent hours drawing and coloring. The last coloring book picture I ever remember doing had a giant Skeletor looming over Castle Grayskull. He was at least as big, if not bigger, than the castle, but I have no idea where that picture came from. Sound familiar to anyone?

    Thanks all.

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior haildagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Moore Oklahoma
    Posts
    75

    Coloring book

    I have a coloring book that has a picture of Skeletor looming over a Castle Grayskull model and picking up a He-Man figure, like he was planning a battle or something.I also have a trace and color book, but neither of them have a picture of Beast Man next to a body of water but there is a picture of him swinging through a jungle on a vine. I will give some descriptions of other pictures in the books in the next few days.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,059
    Judging by the description of the cover of the first one, it might be "Masters Of The Universe Friends And Foes" published by Golden in 1984.
    Mostly orange cover, has Skeletor and Beastman in a forest observing Teela and her unicorn.

    Unfortunately, only cover is available here at org.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Chuck Bowlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Boyce, VA
    Posts
    3,359
    I had tons of these when I was a kid and haven't been able to find them for the last 15 or so years and I finally bought 10 MOTU and 1 POP coloring books on ebay. You are in luck because they just came today, so here is what I could determine:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    First, I remember having a coloring book with an orange cover. (It may have been an orange-ish red, though.) I think the story dealt largely with Skeletor kidnapping Teela, but my memory of the story is pretty vague. Any details would be very welcome.
    The one titled "Adventures at Snake Mountain" is orange-ish red and has the capture Teela story. The cover has Battle Armor He-Man standing over a fallen Skeletor. It begins with the Evil Warriors planning on capturing Teela and then succeeding. The one Grimbot mentioned called "Friends and Foes" does have a cover with Skeletor and Beast Man trying to sneak up on Teela and her unicorn, but doesn't have a story, just coloring pages and puzzles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    In that same book, (I think), I remember, reasonably clearly, an illustration of Beast-Man. It's Beast-Man standing next to a body of water. (Maybe a lake or swamp?) And he might've been holding something over his head, I can't remember for sure. A bolder? He was in at least partial profile. I remember it was definitely a coloring book page. As a kid, I remember staring at that picture of Beast-Man and just getting a sense of awe and wonder. It was awesome. I'd love it if anyone can provide further details to help me remember it.
    I don't see the picture of Beast Man like you described in any of the books.

    In the Paint with Water book there is a picture what Beast Man is holding a boulder above his head and Zodac is zapping it with his gun and it's breaking apart before Beast Man could throw it, I don't think it's near a body of water though.

    In another coloring book Beast Man is holding a large rock in one hand and aiming it towards He-Man, who is flying on a vehicle. The same pic has Teela, Skeletor, and Castle Grayskull and takes two pages, but it seems to be some sort of game two people play that involves the picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I also had a coloring/tracing book. It had these translucent pages you could kinda see through, and then trace the lines of the picture underneath. I can't remember the story of that one at all, so would love some details on that, but I do remember, very clearly, a picture of Skeletor sitting on a throne with multiple skulls carved into it. It was a super cool pic to my child's eye.
    I don't have the tracing book, but I'm planning on getting more of these so hopefully I can help out more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I had the coloring books largely because, before I lost my vision, I was extremely artistic. I spent hours drawing and coloring. The last coloring book picture I ever remember doing had a giant Skeletor looming over Castle Grayskull. He was at least as big, if not bigger, than the castle, but I have no idea where that picture came from. Sound familiar to anyone?

    Thanks all.
    The one with the Giant Skeletor is probably the same one that haildagon is talking about. It has Skeletor and Beast Man looking down at miniature versions of He-Man, Teela, Battle Cat, Stratos, Man-at-Arms, and Castle Grayskull.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •