Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gleanons and Galactimytes are Obscure...umm...what?!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would not have even guessed that they were from MOTU or NA. I'm sorry but I'd prefer them to not be in MOTUC. Already there are so many characters yet to be made or character from Filmation, comics, MYP or early concepts that never got made before. So leaving them out wouldn't be greatly missed.

Excuse me to reopen this old thread but I was wondering...since Mattel never released these prototype figures, do you know if they used their concepts and toolings in other toy series ?

No interest in these whatsoever.

Heroic Warrior
    Gleanons and Galactimytes ? Not before 2017, thank you !

I was wondering...since Mattel never released these prototype figures, do you know if they used their concepts and toolings in other toy series ?
    Not that I know of, and certainly not in Europe...

I think these little guys are cool and would look great in classics line. However, we would have to get Crita and Mara first.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Well I guess there must be fifty or so characters to make in toy form before getting to them, right?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

Not that I know of, and certainly not in Europe...

Thanks for your answer !

I thought Mattel (or other toy company) used their concepts in some line....Meteorbs and Evil Robot could be seen in other lines (in this case, not Mattel related)...

I agree 100% they are steps behind Filmation, POP, 200x and Jetlag chracters...even the Meteorbs are first in MOTUC priority IMO...

Heroic Warrior
    Well I guess there must be fifty or so characters to make in toy form before getting to them, right?
    More than 50, for sure... I'd say 75 to 100. Also, I'd prefer to get characters like Lord Masque, Prahvus, Lodar, Queen Angella, Quakke, Illumina, Might-Bite and even the Meteorbs before the Gleanons and Galactymites...

I agree 100% they are steps behind Filmation, POP, 200x and Jetlag chracters...even the Meteorbs are first in MOTUC priority IMO...
    Absolutely ! I'm not against the idea of Gleanons and Galactimytes someday down the road, but there are many, many more characters we have to get to before them.

Actually I like them and I would buy them ... but there are other figs that should be done first.

Definately obscure. I mean, cool toys, and they'd probably be cool MOTUC Stuff.

But definately obscure by a reasonable amount.

On the topic of supporting NA He-Man characters, I'd love to see those sheep Drissi and Caz cared for released in the MOTUC line as a beast figure. Did they ever get a specific name?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I wouldn't say they're more obscure than the Widgets. Well, they are in the sense that MOTU probably had higher ratings, but in terms of episodes and screentime.
    Much more obscure; I watched NA back in the day, and I don't remember them.

Folks like the Widgets have an advantage in that they got a lot more replay; the original series have seen a lot more re-air time than NA ever did. Heck, I've got two retro channels on digital that carry the original toons right now, but I don't even recall if NA hit the USA Cartoon Express after its run like the Filmation shows.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Master of New Adventures!
    Well, let's see... I've had over 53,000 views on my thread in the NA forum. If there're only six fans then they've sure got a lot of time on their hands. Just joking...though not about the 53,000 views.

Seriously, since TG mentioned it I'll chime in and say I'm pretty sure Mattel has no problem with them as I created them and Mattel owns everything I did for the series. Agreed, however, that they are a ton of characters that should come first, even in the NA
    world...Crita in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    And how many non NA fans are there? I counted 6 in one of the threads They are obscure enough that if you didn`t watch NA theres no way you`d know who they are. Lets face it as NA fans, you and I both know what the majority of the MOTU community feel about NA

I hate these garbage characters. They're up there with the NA scientists and Meteorbs as things I hope never make it into MOTUC.