Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gleanons and Galactimytes are Obscure...umm...what?!

Obscure or not, I want them!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    There are people who don't know the later MOTU characters or ANY of the NA characters. That means nothing. I'm sure these groupings appeared in more episodes than a bunch of the toys did.

The point is, they are NOT obscure. Only to non-NA fans. To non-NA fans, everything NA is obscure.
    EDIT: I just wanted to point out I'm not hating on characters that actually ARE obscure (like the ones I mentioned in the opening post). I love obscure stuff. These two races are not obscure though. That's what I'm pointing out.
    And how many non NA fans are there? I counted 6 in one of the threads They are obscure enough that if you didn`t watch NA theres no way you`d know who they are. Lets face it as NA fans, you and I both know what the majority of the MOTU community feel about NA

I never saw these episodes, but I'd still rather take these guys than the Meteorbs

Not trying to sound rude but calling them anything but obscure is inaccurate. Until this post, I have NEVER heard of these guys before.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    They are obscure, but at least they was on a cartoon series, they have prototype figures...

I see them in the same case as characters like Goddess, Gygor or Vikor, and much more desiderable than a variant He-Man like Oolar. Nobody ask for Oolar and we´ll get him, so at least NA fans will buy the Gleanons and Galactimytes...

We must phocus in one fact: "will people buy these guys?" rather than talk about the obscurity of the characters (for me almost all NA characters are like secret MOTU characters that I have recently discover).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I'm just picturing the slide show at SDCC where they reveal these guys and everyone looks around the room to see if anyone knows who they are.

Not saying I wouldn't want them though. They look ok. I just wouldn't want them to push back other characters I'm dying for.
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    They are obscure, but at least they was on a cartoon series, they have prototype figures...

I see them in the same case as characters like Goddess, Gygor or Vikor, and much more desiderable than a variant He-Man like Oolar. Nobody ask for Oolar and we´ll get him, so at least NA fans will buy the Gleanons and Galactimytes...
    You just shut down the game with this brilliant post.

Heroic Warrior
    I´ve never heard of them, but they are in my obscure list with the Energy Zoids and Meteorbs.

If they are designed well and have a good backstory, why not?

Heroic Warrior OverlordSkeletor's Avatar
    If people on a forum devoted to He-Man don't know the character then you know it is obscure.
    Grief Is The Price We Pay For Love

Live The Life That Unfolds Before You

Browncoats stand up and be proud.

Looking Backward Is Fine But Going Backwards Isn't

Heroic Warrior
    They are very obscure and until now I've never heard of them...

Honestly for all the talk of 'all inclusive' I think Mattel is VERY leery of NA... So far you guys have only gotten ONE figure and nothing new has been announced yet... PoP already has 3! 200x has at least 3 (Carnivous, Marzo, Keldor, Kronis)

I hate to be the one to say it, but I think you will be VERY lucky to get all the NA figures that actually WERE produced... Let alone some kind of Army builder for characters only the hardest core of fans know about... And if they only have 1 or 2 NA slots a year... do you REALLY want these guys taking one up??

Personally, YES tehy are cooler then the metoeorbs... but what isn't??? I'd rather have Stonedar and Rokkon, and MAYBE an army pack of random Rock men that MIGHT look KIND OF similiar to those guys... That might be your best hope

As for would people buy them??? They don't have a CHOICE anymore... They keep forcing people into the subscription where they could put out any random thing and people HAVE to pay for it.... But I think these guys would get subscribers REALLY mad...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyVenom View Post
    Does anyone know what scale those things were supposed to be in relation to the NA figures?
    In the cartoon, these guys were small. I think three of them standing on each other's heads (how they fight) would equal a normal figure.

We need some NA screencaps--not just of the Mytes and Gleanons, but of a lot of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordSkeletor View Post
    If people on a forum devoted to He-Man don't know the character then you know it is obscure.
    Exactly.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Yep, I still stand by my original post.

Notice I never said I didn't want them or wouldn't buy them.

But contesting their "obscure" status is fairly baffling, and given the reactions in this thread, somewhat moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    T Nobody ask for Oolar and we´ll get him,
    not quite true a lot of fans asked or at the least hoped we'd get the barefoot he-man esp since we got the Goddess. it's a variant that many a fan know of and several want.

We must phocus in one fact: "will people buy these guys?" rather than talk about the obscurity of the characters (for me almost all NA characters are like secret MOTU characters that I have recently discover).
    that's the main point, WILL people want them obscure or not, this line is still limited by their tiny budget (which has increased but not enough for something like this from a management perspective.)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

If they released these figures, I would of course buy them. However, there are a lot of other characters that I would want before these guys.

i think it is not so much that they are obscure, which is accepted, but that they'd not be made on the basis of that (when other just as obscure stuff has been made/scheduled), rather than not being made due to lack of popularity (which is the reason given for maybe no meteorbs).

I'd pick up a few of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    true but the obscurity of the g&g`s amongst hardcore fans can`t be denied so imagine how much MORE obscure they`d be outside of us.
    again it was Masters of The Universe that captured the majority of the fandom (non fans out there know of it too) NA is COMPLETELY unrecognizable to non fans. Carnivous and Gygor FIT IN with the perception of MOTU. people may not know them but they fit in. NA doesn`t fit in with MOTU in that sense. Particularly the good guys. it`s like Toy Story 3 the bug guy looks like he could have been an MOTU figure, he wasn`t but he fits into the general memory of the line. so in a sense you trade off invoking memories with absolute WTH is that reaction. Look as I said you love what you love and that`s fine, but it`s silly to get indignant over every little comment that doesn`t jibe with what we feel about certain characters. I LOVE the Energy Zoids, had a BLAST with them as a kid, but they are hardly recognizable as MOTU characters, and I realize they aren`t widely loved (but people pay a tonne for em on ebay go figure) it`s ok that they are pariahs in the world of MOTU. I personally thinkthey are great and I`m proud of it.
    Like this point.

Are they or are they not to an NA fan is my question?

I would certainly say they are obscure. Would I like them as figures? Maybe...but the prototypes look totally different to their cartoon designs anyway - and the Mytes cartoon designs were pretty poor, imo.

That said, I would love to have some Gleanons if they ever made a Crita figure, but I doubt either of those things will ever happen.

I think the whole 'obscurity' thing depends on what you're a fan of anyway. Personally, I don't know who half the POP character are. I know the names, but if you showed me a picture of Spinerella or Double Trouble, I'd have a hard time identifying them.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Honestly, I like NA and all, but these guys are someone who I'm not that enthusastic about getting. The prototypes make them look better than they were in the cartoon, imo; a definite improvement... if they went along those lines I'd be more receptive.

...and yeah, in the grand scheme of things, they are relatively obscure.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NA Season 2?! Most cats haven't even gotten past the first episode, let alone Season 1!
    That's because there are a lot of close-minded people with regards to "what He-Man is." I think if people realize this takes place a few years from the original MOTU series' timeline...then he goes into the future and would RETURN to Eternia, they would accept it.

This is an adventure of He-Man. He was supposed to eventually return to Eternia.

That's alot of damn people.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I thought there was only one season of NA....wasn't it just one season of 65 episodes?
    Sorry about that. Volume Two was what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyVenom View Post
    Does anyone know what scale those things were supposed to be in relation to the NA figures?
    They were basically Orko-sized.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    This is the first that i`ve EVER heard of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    Not trying to sound rude but calling them anything but obscure is inaccurate. Until this post, I have NEVER heard of these guys before.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordSkeletor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    They are very obscure and until now I've never heard of them...
    MGM started a thread about them in November, 2009 in the MOTUC forum:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=179669

Mentioned again in the MOTUC forum in February 2010:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184726

December 2004 in the NA forum, if the line continued:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=111066

February 6th, 2007 people wishing the Gleanons were released:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=144774&page=2

There are many, many more...but those are the most relevant ones. People mentioned how the Gleanon episode was one of their favourites, etc.

I think it would be AWESOME if we could get these guys as pack-ins (ala Orko) with a bunch of different characters. Each one would be a different colour or something. Then we would collect an army, kind of like the "Collect N Connect," Droid Builder of Star Wars, etc. I think it would be cool.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 4, 2010 at 05:49pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Wow. They look pretty bad in the cartoon. If we get them, I don't want that version.
    END OF LINE

I want them. If they could include Zoar and Screech with stands with a regular sized figure tricked out with weapons (Teela, Evil-Lyn) then they could include one of these with a few of the NA figures - especially the human ones like Vizor and Nocturna to give them something extra to make them more attractive to buyers.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

They look like m.u.s.c.l.e. men with armor!

Definitely obscure, especially since NA itself is pretty obscure.

I like em though, and I'd buy em. I don't like Crtitta however, nor those annoying scientists, so I'd definitely buy these over them.
    – No comment.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    I like em though, and I'd buy em. I don't like Crtitta however, nor those annoying scientists, so I'd definitely buy these over them.
    Oh, come on! I'll give you the scientists...because...eek!

...but Crita was the BEST thing about NA. She was Uhura in the first half of the show and then pretty much became Queen of a planet and was the ONLY villain who remained evil with Skeletor! She was so cool. I love her.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Is Crita wearing Mara's toy costume in that shot?