• ...vintage character!

45 50.56%
  • ...200X character!

44 49.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Era Is Keldor From?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

What Era Is Keldor From?

Is Keldor a vintage character, where he's first mentioned in the "Search for Keldor" mini-comic or is he a 200X character, where he first appeared in any canon?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Keldor is much more fleshed out in 200X which I prefer, so I count him as 200X
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I'd say he's a vintage concept that got fleshed out in the 200x series.
    But it was definitely created in the original line.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'd say he's a vintage concept that got fleshed out in the 200x series.
    But it was definitely created in the original line.
    I'd say Emiliano hit the nail on the head here.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

yep conceptualized Vintage Character given life in 200x.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

While he has his origins in the vintage line, I feel he is a 2002 character. Unfortunately he didn't stay in the year 2002.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I think Keldor is a 200X character and his being a Gar squarely makes him uniquely 200X. Although the subject of Randor's long lost brother Keldor was in a vintage mini-comic, the whole character (look, voice, mannerisms, history) wasn't realized until his appearance in the 200X cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Keldor is a 200X character and his being a Gar squarely makes him uniquely 200X.
    Tim, you can't just change the past
    He already existed in the vintage series.
    Whatever happend later, whatever was added to him later, he was still created in 1987 and mentioned in the minicomics.
    It doens't matter if he never appeared. The IDEA of Keldor was created back then.
    You can't just change that, why even try? There shouldn't even be the need to discuss this

(and BTW, is the thread title that demand this answer: what era is Keldor from? AKA: When Keldor was created?. If that isn't what you mean, the title is misleading )

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Tim, you can't just change the past
    He already existed in the vintage series.
    Whatever happend later, whatever was added to him later, he was still created in 1987 and mentioned in the minicomics.
    It doens't matter if he never appeared. The IDEA of Keldor was created back then.
    You can't just change that, why even try? There shouldn't even be the need to discuss this
    I know he was created then, but he wasn't a character until 200X. Because of this, the fandom is polarized as to what era they consider him from, not what era that he actually originated.

(and BTW, is the thread title that demand this answer: what era is Keldor from? AKA: When Keldor was created?. If that isn't what you mean, the title is misleading )
    I'm asking the fans what era do they consider Keldor from. It isn't misleading. People are making lists of characters for their threads and have the trouble of where to place Keldor. Some fans see him as a vintage character who was brought out in 200X. Others see him as a 200X character because the vintage line had no Gars running around or they never had him as a child.

There's a definite confusion here.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 6, 2010 at 11:49am.

I know he was created then, but he wasn't a character until 200X. Because of this, the fandom is polarized as to what era they consider him from, not what era that he actually originated.
    You know this is just semantics, don't you?

I'm asking the fans what era do they consider Keldor from. It isn't misleading. People are making lists of characters for their threads and have the trouble of where to place Keldor. Some fans see him as a vintage character who was brought out in 200X. Others see him as a 200X character because the vintage line had no Gars running around or they never had him as a child.

There's a definite confusion here.
    I see the confusion about where to place him in the lists.
    It's probably fair to put him in the 200x figures, because his appearence in MOTUC is based on the 200x design of him.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Created in the vintage era, he's a vintage character. He may not have been used much but he was still born back then.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Vintage character, 200X toy.

As far as which era he belongs in regards to the timeline, I am hoping that a bit of his time traveling to the POG/Great Wars era is intact in MOTUC. I like the idea of He-Man traveling back in time and battling Keldor there, especially as it could have many interesting ramifications on the "present day" adventures...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Created in the vintage era, he's a vintage character. He may not have been used much but he was still born back then.
    Some fans agree with you. Fans who don't like 200X brought Keldor just because he was the subject of a mini-comic, athough we haven't seen the actual Keldor until 200X.

This reminds of Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars...originally Jabba was going to be this fat guy who met Han in the Mos Eisley hanger in ANH, until Lucas made him for Return of the Jedi and turned him into a big worm.

hmmmmm the idea of him would be vintage but his particular look is definitely MYP though....

Some fans agree with you. Fans who don't like 200X brought Keldor just because he was the subject of a mini-comic, athough we haven't seen the actual Keldor until 200X.

This reminds of Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars...originally Jabba was going to be this fat guy who met Han in the Mos Eisley hanger in ANH, until Lucas made him for Return of the Jedi and turned him into a big worm.
    But ROTJ's Jabba was a change for the better.

Actually, for me, the whole concept of Keldor stinks(I can't blame MYP for this one), but the MOTUC toy almost makes him acceptable. One of my favorite toys ever of a character I don't even like.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I think he's vintage! we knew about him in the vintage line, it was even implied that he (skeletor) was randor's brother in the vintage line, and the heroes spent a whole mini-comic searching for him. So he's a vintage character to me.

I think Keldor should fit exactly where He-ro fits... if you think He-ro is vintage, then so is Keldor.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Some fans agree with you.
    Well, the smart ones do. Or the mentally insane ones. It's hard to tell the difference...

And a better example of your Star Wars analogy would be The Clone Wars. It had only two lines in the Original Trilogy that were in reference to it (Princess Leia and Obi Wan, I thnk). But the new movies and animated specials have expounded on them. They've brought greater detail to these wars. But they were created way back when in 1976 when George Lucas wrote his script.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 6, 2010 at 06:31pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, the smart ones do. Or the mentally insane ones. It's hard to tell the difference...

And a better example of your Star Wars analogy would be The Clone Wars. It had only two lines in the Original Trilogy that were in reference to it (Princess Leia and Obi Wan, I thnk). But the new movies and animated specials have expounded on them. They've brought greater detail to these wars. But they were created way back when in 1976 when George Lucas wrote his script.
    OH SNAP! Your evilness prevails!

I voted for 200X though...I really did not know that he came out in the "vintage" era. Really.....
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    Meh. My knee-jerk reaction was to vote 200x, which I did, but on further reflection, and due to some excellent observations by many of you, vintage is the only real answer.
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    A mysterious name in a mini comic does not a character/figure make.

I voted 200x since we actually see the character in the blue flesh for the first time there regardless if the name was used in a mini comic.

If he was seen or at least described in the vintage mini comic, I'd change my vote.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

He didn't have character until 200X - before then he was just a name and we have no idea what he looked like.

As Emiliano said, the idea of Keldor was created in the mini-comic so the idea is vintage but the character was really introduced in the MOTU in 200x.

So for me it's really a 200x character.

I voted 200x.

Just because the name popped up in a vintage minicomic doesn't mean the character did. Keldor was nothing more than a vague idea until 200x.

I guess you could say the name is vintage but the character himself is 200x.

Wow. People really aren't sure where Keldor goes.
    It's DEAD EVEN.

Keldor was born vintage, but raised 200X.

It's an intriguing subject because I've noticed that some vintage fans, who usually turn up their noses at any 200X figure, did buy Keldor because he was mentioned in the mini-comics, although he first shows up as a 200X character, even as a 200X race.

Ideal is vintaged born with him being Randor lost bother and hinted at being Skeletor but 200x made him what he is a half Gar that is still Randor bother that turned did in fact turn into Skeletor.