Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/1/2010)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/1/2010)

Poe Ghostal

2.) RM asks: He-Ro (the 2009 SDCC Exclusive figure) is listed on the Matty site as Out of Stock, while Orko (the 2010 SDCC Exclusive) is listed as Gone For Good. In the past it has been said that all figures (except the original King Greyskull) weren’t off the table for potential re-release at some point, but the “Gone For Good” listing for Orko seems to suggest otherwise. Could you please clarify?

Orko may be back one day. We may need to update that label. Thanks for pointing this out.

3.) Dayraven asks: What accommodations are being made for the Cyber Monday sale as it pertains to site traffic… for example, a discount is being offered for the first hour of sales, but isn’t that penalizing folks who, due to nothing more than location, aren’t on 50Mbps Internet services? Also, with the last few months as testimony, there have been increasing delays in gaining access to complete an order, people have been kicked out of fully loaded order screen to the WSOD, etc… all of which could cost a customer, who’s on even twenty minutes early, to be unable to complete an order in the allotted “discount” timeframe.

We are making some major changes to the Mattycollector.com store that should make it a lot easier to purchase. This should be ready to launch by Nov 15th. Details to be announced soon. Also, the sale will go all day on Cyber Monday, not just the first hour.
    Pop Culture Network

1) Is there a chance we could get a two tone (like 200x) or even blue headed Havoc Staff for the MOTUC Skeletor? Maybe in a Weapons Pak?

This would be a great repaint option for the Staff. Maybe we’d even repaint the half swords in Skeletor/Keldor’s purple and orange colors too since we know fans want this as well.

2) I love the idea of the MOTU vs DC 2-packs, but they are not in the same scale at all. Any chance of any DC characters getting the MOTUC treatment in the proper scale or MOTU characters being released in DCUC scale? Superman is just so Tiny next to He-man.

MOTU figures are designed to be a bit bulkier and more muscular compared to a standard toy. It is part of the look of the MOTU brand. So we don’t have plans to offer other brands in this look for now. In a way it is proprietary to the MOTU brand and helps define the very essence of MOTU making it stand out for other toy lines!

3) While Panthor looks great unflocked, there are a large portion of MOTU fans that want a flocked Panthor. Is it at all possible to re-issue a flocked Panthor later down the road to satisfy everyone?

Possible, yes. Planned right now, no. This would clearly be a good way to refresh Panthor down the road!

4) Is there a specific reason Panthor is getting a helmet now, or is this just something extra the Horsemen sculpted? Either way, it's awesome!

Toy Guru jumping in on this one: “Hey gang. This one I’m particularly proud of as I can actually say it was my idea. When I was a kid, I always thought it was unfair Panthor didn’t have a helmet. When Bill Benecke and I discussed Panthor I asked if we could budget in a new helmet influenced by the Havoc Staff. This was the direction we gave to the Horsemen for their sculpt. What we got back from them was pretty amazing. What’s great is that if you don’t want to use the helmet, it is 100% removable for that Classic look!”

5) Can you confirm if the head sculpt on Panthor is indeed a brand new sculpt?

The top half is new, the bottom jaw is shared with Battlecat.
    Motucfigures.com

1.) You have stated that the line is planned out for the next few years... Are there any never-before-seen original characters included anywhere in that lineup (like a new character created by the 4H that is a new addition to the MOTU mythos)?

This is something we have discussed. While our main focus is on all the vintage characters, it does not mean this is out of the question. We would just need a compelling reason to add a character and would not do so just for the sake of it. Time will tell!

2.) We know we recently got a couple of Toy Guru favs in the line (like Chief Carnivus)... but if the line were ending and there was only one last figure to be made, what would YOU choose for that spot?

Toy Guru jumping in:

“Only one figure left? Well, I would love to see either Stonedar or Rokkon. They were both two of my favorites but would need a lot of new tooling to make it into the current line!”

3.) Is there any chance of fans seeing more "official" product videos or even hearing an official matty podcast?

This is something we are looking into. Right now we are putting all of our efforts into getting the sales to work as smooth as possible. Once that is set we will look into adding more content.

4.) Some folks have already started getting their Roboto figures and it seems as if the shoulders are indeed reversed on this figure. You stated that this is something likely fixed on the reissue. While that is great for fans who don't have a subscription (since it gives them the option to wait for a corrected version), what about the people that do have the subscription? Since they have no choice but to take the inferior product, is there anything that can be done for them? Like working out an exchange program for reissues with corrected QC problems (like Roboto's shoulders)?

We totally understand the frustration of fans that Roboto wound up with reversed shoulders. While we don’t have any exchange program at this time (since 100% of the run was produced this way) all we can do is look into making this correction on a possible re-release down the road. We can let you know there is no re-release planned at this time. Hopefully one day we can make this correction. It took three years but we finally got around to correcting Sinestro’s height in DCUC, so you know we are committed to making these things happen in time.

5.) Is there a sale date for the Eternian Guards yet? (Note- This was asked before the sale date was announced.)

The set will go on sale with the January product.
    Figures.com

In regard to the Eternian Royal Guards 2-pack, please explain why that pack can not be released in place of the yet unannounced 2011 2-pack and be included in the 2011 Club Eternia subscription? We understand the legality explanation but if you simply substitute that 2-pack with one of the 2011 quarterly beasts/2-packs, then you would'nt have to cancel all the subscriptions as you have mentioned because you will still be including only 4 quarterly beasts/army builder packs in 2011 therefore there would be no breach in the quantity of product stated in the terms of the subscription.

The Guards were developed as a 2010 SKU. It is still being produced under our 2010 budget. If we moved it into 2011 it would have eliminated another 2011 toy since, per the subscription, the 2011 line has four large scale beasts/multipacks planned. We didn't want to eliminate one of the other 2011 beasts/multipacks (by making the Guards a 2011 toy in the sub) since they are all so cool!

Can you please elaborate on the proposed improvements that will be put into effect with Digital River to make the shopping experience on mattycollector.com a pleasant one from now on?

We are going to have a sign-in process that will make the buying process smoother. More details are coming soon as we don't have them fully locked in to share yet. Stay tuned, we are working very hard on this!

As of now it seems that we are only getting one Horde member per year. Is this the way it will continue or will we have more than one Horde character to look forward to in the next 12 months?

We can't comment specifically on how many of each faction will be in the line each year. But keep in mind, we want the line to go for many years and if we front load it with all the Horde members now (or any other faction or gender or sub-group) we won't have as many to do down the road. We can tell you the line is planned out pretty far in advance and we hope in time fans will look and see that they have quite a complete collection!

When you eventually get around to Megator, will you consider making him as poseable as the standard MOTUC figures for a higher price or will his articulation be as limited as Tytus?

He likely will not have more joints due to the roto molding process, but we are looking at giving him more accessories.
    Kitty's Pryde

1) Before the 200x figures came out, Mattel did some commerative figures from the original MOTU line. Any chance of seeing some of these re-released again sometime?

No. We have no plans right now for a commemorative reissue of vintage figures as we did with the 20th.

3) There are some characters in the New Adventures line that had two versions, for example Flipshot (original and missle Armor version)or Hydron (Original and Spin Fist). If/When they are made, would those characters combine elements from both versions or would you do the original version first with a possible variant later on?

Likely we would do the original version first and look at the second version as a refresh down the line.
    Hordak.de

Not too lang ago the prototype pictures of Gygor have been revealed- with Classics gygor following. Are there other prototypes from the 80ies we have not seen yet but that could be part of the line?

Yea, there’s a handful.

2. A lot of fans are demanding a flocked Panthor- but wouldn’t he have the same issues that Moss Man had with all the joints? He would have to be partially flocked – is there any prototype or mock-up you could show us HOW a flocked Panthor would look like- maybe that would change people‘s minds…

While we don’t have a mock up, he would look similar to Moss Man in how we handle flocking the articulation. While it is possible we could release a flocked Panthor one day, there are no plans right now.

3. A few years ago some fans tried to produce an illegal bootleg toyline called „Eternia“. Though we understand that this was totally illegal- is Mattel aware of this toyline and it’s ideas? What do executives at Mattel think about black or white Horde Troopers?

Yes, we are aware of that bootleg toy line with different decos but we can’t comment publically on any other details.

4. When we will get to the galactic protectors- will they have a completely new created sticker or maybe some kind of homage to the original „He-Man“ logo (same logo, but other text)?

We have a new sticker in mind, but you’ll just need to wait and see!

5. Will She-Ra step into some cat litter any time soon?

The great rebellion has very few resources and while they like to take care of their pets, sometimes locating more essential supplies like food and weapons take precedence over taking care of any pets.

And you’ll just need to wait and see on Catra…
    MOTUC Portal

1. Can you tell us a bit more about Panthor's unique helmet origin? (4H creation? Based off something from the past?, etc?)

Toy Guru jumping in on this one:
    “Hey gang. This one I’m particularly proud of as I can actually say it was my idea. When I was a kid, I always thought it was unfair Panthor didn’t have a helmet. When Bill Benecke and I discussed Panthor I asked if we could budget in a new helmet influenced by the Havoc Staff. This was the direction we gave to the Horsemen for their sculpt.

What we got back from them was pretty amazing. What’s great is that if you don’t want to use the helmet, it is 100% removable for that Classic look!”

2. In the MOTUC canon being rolled out via the bios does Prince Adam maintain his secret identity? With the whole keeping of the techno vest, and using the electronic power sword to harmonize it's something we definitely want to understand but are having some trouble following.

When Adam was on his quest to unite the swords, he was far from anyone who knew him. Only Orko and Cringer came with him. So no one saw him using the vest or techno sword except them (and the villains they fought!). Hope that helps!

3. Mattel has shared some great images from the MOTUC line, i.e., the MOTUC logo, King Grayskull's special MOTUC logo, etc.. Any chance we could get some decent images posted of the TRU two pack packaging art released thus far or the factions logos?

We’ll have to talk to DC Comics about that as it is their art, created by their artists. We’ll let you know!

4. The revelation of Castle Grayskull being built by Tytus for King Grayskull in some ways seems to minimize much about this mysterious fortress. Will we learn more in upcoming bios to help make it be more a place of mystery and power and less just a castle built for a King?

You betcha! Yeah, you can expect to learn a lot. For those who want things to remain mysterious we suggest you stop reading the bios.

5. ToyGuru - just curious, which do you prefer? 80's Castle Grayskull or 200x?

From Toy Guru:

“Vintage all the way. It was the first MOTU item I had (along with He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Stratos, Ram-Man and Skeletor, which I got for my birthday).”
    He-man.de

1) Do any concepts for unknown Snake Men from the Eighties exist and if yes, would they be possible for the MOTUC line?

We do have some, but right now we are concentrating on those who were toys in the vintage line.

2) The first "Grayskull stands" included not enough green pegs for all of the figures' feet and the wall pieces. Is it possible to get the reissued stands in 2011 with some more pegs?

We are reissuing the stands in the spring of 2011, but there won’t be any change at this time from the first release.

3) Will King Hssss' package sport the vintage "snake emblem" or a lettering/logo "The Snake Men"?

Yes it will!

4) I would like to know in which way Mekaneck's neck could be handled:
    a) 2 heads (one with his neck extended, one without), b) 1 head, 1 neck piece or c) 1 head and some shorter neck elements (which plug together comparable to Trap Jaw's or Roboto's attachments) to individually extend his neck?

That is still unknown, but we will find a way to somehow “recreate” the action feature with snap-on parts if and when we get to him.

5) When we get to the bigger guys like Ram-Man or Leech, is it likely that they will share some kind of a "big standard buck" to save on costs and tooling?

Like all MOTUC characters, both of these warriors will be based on their scale in the vintage line. They won’t be huge as they were in the stylized 2002 line. The larger size of certain characters was part of the 200X style and that style is retired.
    Infinite Hollywood

While we know you can't give specifics, has Mattel given any thoughts to using previous property characters in newer properties? Such as the MASK tribute character in the GI Joe 25th line... Could we hypothetically see a Boglin-esque character in MOTUC?

A neat idea and we are huge fans of Boglins, but no plans to slip things like that into MOTUC anytime soon.
    Maitresdelunivers.org/

1) You revealed Panthor a couple of days ago, and I must say that it is absolutly awesome! During SDCC you revealed Panthor's helmet without saying that it belonged to Panthor? Why?

To keep fans guessing! (You know you love it!)

2) You said that the April 2011 figure will be a heroic warrior. Can we have one more clue please?

He will come with a shield as one accessory.

3) There are some rumors that the character TWITCH from the movie "Toy Story 3" is originaly based on MOTU, and there is even a picture of the model that helped creating this character (a Buzz-Off body with the head of Skeletor). Is all of this true, and is it possible to get the picture of the model?

Nope, this is not true. While Twitch may look like he could be part of a vintage MOTU line, he is an original creation of Pixar.

4) Can you give us an average price range for the weapons rack?

It will be around $15.

5) Do you own the rights for the charcaters of the "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE : He-Man Defender Of Grayskull" PS2 videogames released in Europe and Australia in 2005? The Sphinx could be a great creature !

Yes, some aspects we do. No plans for characters based on that game at this time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.popculturenetwork.com/
    http://www.figures.com/
    http://www.superherotimes.com/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://experiencethewonder.com
    http://www.motucportal.com/
    http://www.hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.poeghostal.com/
    www.kittyspryde.com
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.motucfigures.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 2, 2010 at 03:12pm.

That's kinda cool about the Havok staff and the volunteered info on the more accurately colored swords for Keldor.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    That's kinda cool about the Havok staff and the volunteered info on the more accurately colored swords for Keldor.
    I was thinking the same thing. Bring 'em on!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    That answer about Stonedar and Rokkon makes it sound like it'll be ages before we see those two. I'd love to have those two--after Ram Man, of course.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That answer about Stonedar and Rokkon makes it sound like it'll be ages before we see those two. I'd love to have those two--after Ram Man, of course.
    Every answer is like that...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Every answer is like that...
    I'm going to laugh if April is Man-E-Faces after being told: "No plans right now."
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm going to laugh if April is Man-E-Faces after being told: "No plans right now."
    It happened with Whiplash. We were told that there were no current plans and he's at NYTF. I've tried to make a "Figures that aren't coming anytime soon list" but alot of those answers are simply misdirection.

It happened with Whiplash. We were told that there were no current plans and he's at NYTF. I've tried to make a "Figures that aren't coming anytime soon list" but alot of those answers are simply misdirection.
    I think I remember them saying the same thing for Bow too. hehe

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm liking that Megator is getting more accessories than Tytus. I hope it's Tytus's tombstone! "Here Lies Tytus...Dead And Gone to Us...One Kick By Megator...And Then He Was No More!"
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm glad to see Toyguru likes Stonedar and Rokkon. Those are two of my favorites too and I'm waiting patiently to see them in an updated MOTUC form. Being a somewhat younger MOTU fan (late 20s), I appreciate a lot of the later waves since I remember getting them a lot more clearly than I do the real early figures so I hope they all get their place in MOTUC!

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I now know I have ToyGuru to blame for Panthor's helmet but I can't stay mad since in the same thread he mentioned his love for Stonedar & Rokkon.

(Before someone "explains" it to me, I know that the helmet is removable.)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

He said the same thing about Vikor when someone asked about vikor and demo-man being made

I'm quite glad to hear about them making the correctly colored Keldor swords. I like that they are doing that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Half swords in 200X Skelesword colors... Finally! That's the halfway point that should've been reached before Keldor's release! (Better late than Never... just don't make me wait four years for them.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Alright, Megator is getting something else! Hopefully, anyway. Tytus just getting stuck with the classic hair drier was standard, but still boring. Megator's mace weapon is better, but I'd still love a good axe or some sorta horrible gnarled club made from a tree, or something.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think it's funny how some days they say the plan is to make every character from the previous lines and then on other days they say "IF" and "WHEN" they get to those characters.

What up wit dat?

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I think it's funny how some days they say the plan is to make every character from the previous lines and then on other days they say "IF" and "WHEN" they get to those characters.

What up wit dat?
    Bottom line: Mattel is scared of the MOTU franchise. When month after month it is proven fans love the line. Yes we nitpick, but it's for good reason. Mattel and the 4 Horsemen are capable of making amazing products, but our input can make amazing - Incredible!

Relax Mattel and finish the line vehicles and playsets included. Other than the trolls, who buy up stock to take advantage of less fortunate individuals, we love this stuff, hence this website and the thousands of fans around the web.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post

What up wit dat?
    1) The line could end through lack of sales in, say, 2014 with a bunch of characters still undone. Ergo, they don't want to say they WILL make character X.

2) They don't want to say when any figure is coming out before their scheduled announcement. Given (1), that means that even characters they know are in the works and will be announced soon get the "if and when" treatment, since to do otherwise would effectively be saying "this character's coming in (such-and-such a month)".

Great to hear that Toyguru is fan of Rokkon and Stonedar. Hopefully we will see them in MOTUC line! They are my favorite characters too.

Can't wait for Megator. I often put Tytus in front of my display - he needs somebody to fight!

Question about all the sites that there are links to in the first post of these threads--do they all have Q&A's related to MOTU? I don't think I've ever seen any on experience the wonder, and that's kinda discouraged me from checking any of them. I TOTALLY get that some sites don't want theirs posted here so that we go there and generate more traffic (in fact, when this was first announced I was annoyed by all the complaining that those sites got from here), but I'm only interested if they have MOTU questons...
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Question about all the sites that there are links to in the first post of these threads--do they all have Q&A's related to MOTU? I don't think I've ever seen any on experience the wonder, and that's kinda discouraged me from checking any of them. I TOTALLY get that some sites don't want theirs posted here so that we go there and generate more traffic (in fact, when this was first announced I was annoyed by all the complaining that those sites got from here), but I'm only interested if they have MOTU questons...
    Experience the Wonder did have MOTU questions that had something to do with Wonder Woman a few times in the past. I keep checking to see if they'll ask new questions. If WW comes in a TRU MOTUC 2 pack, then that'll be a good site to keep track of.

These are all of the sites that do allow us to post their MOTUC answers, if they have them.

theFwoosh's are up:

http://thefwoosh.com/

Experience the Wonder did have MOTU questions that had something to do with Wonder Woman a few times in the past. I keep checking to see if they'll ask new questions. If WW comes in a TRU MOTUC 2 pack, then that'll be a good site to keep track of.
    Ah, gotcha--that makes sense.

These are all of the sites that do allow us to post their MOTUC answers, if they have them.
    OH! I think I get it now--so the sites that you list links to in the first post do allow you to post their answers here, if they have them, right?
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; November 1, 2010 at 05:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

theFwoosh's are up:
    More specifically: http://thefwoosh.com/2010/11/ask-matty-11110

Nothing particularly interesting though - the biggest thing is that they apparently [the wording's a tad vague on the matter] won't even be doing any more mix'n'matching of existing parts in the MotUC/DCUC two-packs, just repaints. Pity.

It's All True, meanwhile, only has one meaningful MotUC question, and it's something Toyguru recently answered anyway.

While Pendragon's Post suggests that most action features will still be snap-ons, despite Roboto's gears, and an acknowledgement of interest in the archer from Megator's boxart.

And MGM has started a thread to discuss Toyark's interesting answer
    Last edited by Reboot; November 1, 2010 at 06:11pm.

OH! I think I get it now--so the sites that you list links to in the first post do allow you to post their answers here, if they have them, right?
    Yes. It's the official list. Any sites that aren't listed here DON'T allow me to post their MOTUC questions here.

That Trap Jaw answer--does this mean that we need a new SKU to have Trap Jaw's upper body, but He-Man's lower body?

That Trap Jaw answer--does this mean that we need a new SKU to have Trap Jaw's upper body, but He-Man's lower body?
    Like I said, it's vague - you could read it as (1) they'd be open to it in future, but the 2011 ones have been decided on and simply don't have "tooling changes" or (2) the policy has shifted, and they wouldn't be prepared to "change the recipe" in any way bar colour for a TRU two-pack [which would beg a question about the TRU repaints - would any colour changes affect all of that plastic colour, e.g. if you changed Trap-Jaw's black arm to red, would ALL of his black plastic have to become red under these rules?]

Either way, we're not talking about a "new SKU" - which, the way Mattel have used the term, means a line extension like beasts or vehicles - but it possibly would require one of the four annual MattyCollector variant slots rather than a TRU two-pack slot.