Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 016 Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post
    I hated it in the 200x that Cringer/battlecat didnt talk. I kept waiting for orko to do a spell on him to make him talk and it stuck. Would of loved to have read the comic they talked about. If they did do a movie i could do 50/50. Cringer talk but Battlecat just Roar and such.
    I'd rather have it the other way around, and have Battle Cat talk and Cringer stay silent. I like the idea that it's the Power Of Grayskull that gives BC the ability to speak.

Cringer's Cowardly Lion voice is tough to take seriously, but a ferocious sounding Battle Cat could work really well in live action, as long as they got the right voice actor.

Nope, not because of realism.
    I have this thing where true anthropomorphs that are on 2 legs can talk. If they are on all fours I don't like talkers.

Are there others that feel the same.

I might be for a Eragon like mind link.
    That would make for some nice inside jokes where BC THINKS Stuff and He-man summarizes differently.

BUT IN THE END I prefer that all fours don't speak
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; September 13, 2010 at 01:14pm.

If BC/Cringer was just some mount He-man used to ride around then BC talking wouldn't make sense- he would just be a beast of burden or battle.

Since he seems to have an intelligence up there with the Eternians and is a main character why wouldn't he talk? To my limited knowledge only the MYP had he being mute.

Though if there were more animal companions and mounts in MOTUC I'd be fine with only the animals being able to speak to each other and it sounding like growls and what not to the two leggers.

Noooooooooooooo to Battle Cat talking in a future movie or MOTUC, I gotta agree 100% with Eamon on this and talking animals in general.
    Cringer in 200x was amazing in the Council of Evil when he saves Adam from falling, that's one of my favourite moments in the entire series.

I hope the green tiger tribe is like a lion pride or wolf pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'll ask again, if me and Val would step away, would that change the relationship?
    Sorry to bring this up again but I just want to say I wouldn't want this to happen. You two bring so much to the community and I'd rather have the site the way it is with you then without you and a special relationship with Mattel.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I like to bring cupcakes!

I'm fine with Cringer/BC not talking so long as

1. It is not used to justify keeping Granamyr out or mute. If you can accept a dragon but not a talking one, you're drawing an absurd line in the sand. It's still my biggest beef with MYP and why I question their value in working on a fantasy project in the first place.
    2. That Adam has another "buddy" to keep him from seeming like a loner and a liar. People underestimate what Cringer added to Adam in Filmation. He was his partner, his friend, in a way that MAA, Sorceress, and even Orko were not. Without that kinship, Adam felt very isolated in MYP. It was made worse that his "buddy" was Teela, yet he goes on to lie to her for the whole show without any valid reason. Look at all other teenaged heroes, from Harry Potter with Ron and Hermione, to Ben Tennison with Gwen and Kevin--they needed friends from whom they did not keep their secret identities (HP didn't have a secret ID per say, but his friends were in on all his exploits with rare exceptions). The only exception I can think of is Spider-Man, but Adam is simply not Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I can vouch for this.
    Val's cupcakes are to die for...
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That Adam has another "buddy" to keep him from seeming like a loner and a liar. People underestimate what Cringer added to Adam in Filmation. He was his partner, his friend, in a way that MAA, Sorceress, and even Orko were not.
    As I said before: It is entirely possible to have a non-speaking Cringer being Adam's "buddy" - just like Chewbacca is Han Solo's best friend or R2D2 is C3PO's.

If someone asks for a non-sentinent Cringer that's a completely different story

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    As I said before: It is entirely possible to have a non-speaking Cringer being Adam's "buddy" - just like Chewbacca is Han Solo's best friend or R2D2 is C3PO's.
    No, that didn't cut it. It's not possible, not in this franchise. Chewbacca wasn't an animal, and he was hardly the only character surrounding Han Solo or in on a big secret that other characters didn't know. And of course, Han wasn't the star of the franchise. It's not the same.

Lassie? Flipper?
    You're kidding, right?

Elder Councilman
    No, that didn't cut it. It's not possible, not in this franchise. Chewbacca wasn't an animal, and he was hardly the only character surrounding Han Solo or in on a big secret that other characters didn't know. And of course, Han wasn't the star of the franchise. It's not the same.
    Well, you could say that Granamyr's race has evolved past the point of other dragons.

After all, in the Filmation show, Cringer could talk and so could Granamyr...but many animals on Eternia couldn't.

BTW Val, you and Pixel Dan mentioned about how people will see your shirt, and be surprised that He-Man is back; well, unless they see it in passing at the store, they probably won't care. I really think it's a "passing fancy" type of thing. A brief reminder of their childhood memories and that's about it.

I wear my Pee Wee Herman t-shirt all over the place, but I don't think it's gonna rally the world to see the upcoming Pee Wee movie; y'know what I'm saying?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Lassie? Flipper?
    That's hilarious that you mentioned Lassie! I was thinking of calling in this week explaining the potential plot problems a non-speaking Cringer could pose. One example was going to be "Lassie Syndrome."

In the one Filmation episode, Cringer hid under the bed when Queen Marlena was captured. He told everyone and felt terrible because he was a coward. Long story short, he shows courage and redeems himself.

Doing that story in MYP would be this:

Adam: What is it Cringer?
    Cringer: Mew
    Adam: Mom's stuck in the well?! Let's go boy!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    I can vouch for this.
    Val's cupcakes are to die for...
    I want some cupcakes now.

EDIT:
    Oh, hey, look: the Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations thread!
    Last edited by josh; September 14, 2010 at 11:29pm.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

In my world.....Battlecat talks.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

In my personal canon Battle-Cat talks aswell. But I wouldn't mind if He-man was the only one who could talk to Battle-Cat. That could actualy create some good comedy to a new cartoon/comic/movie (Gaius Baltar from BattleStar Galactica comes to mind).
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

You're kidding, right?
    Yeah, just yanking your chain, because of your slightly over-the-top dismissal of my suggestion that a character without speech can be relatable and has been done. Many times. *g*

I have to admit that I find this whole "one cannot relate to someone who cannot talk" a bit disturbing.

So I just listened to this edition (yeah, I don't really keep up!) so I don't know if anyone's actually gonna see this, and I haven't read the thread to see if anyone else already had this theory, so my apologies if they did! Here are my thoughts on the cloning of the Sword Of Power. No where does it say that cloning is an EASY task, and everyone seems to assume that the Sorceress just rolled outta bed one day and waved her hand as she said "Clone that sword we keep in the basement" on her way to the bathroom and that it was done by the time she came out!

So here's my theory: There was a prophecy about the Twins but there was no second Sword, so the Sorceress realized it was her destiny to take it upon herself to help fulfill it (this kinda thing happens in sci-fi/fantasy all the time). But this was the Sorceress before Teela-Na took up that mantle, and this was, in fact, her last act before she passed on the guardianship of Grayskull. She had been guardian for quite some time, and had used that time to gain the knowledge, skill, and power such an act would require, but it was such a great effort that she could no longer remain in her post and had to pass it onto Teela-Na. This allows for the Filmation episode that we all know and love (myself included!).

I know there's the incredibly convoluted cloning of Teela, but I think we should let that one slide since they were just trying to be true to the vintage stories.

Also, OF COURSE BATTLE CAT SHOULD TALK. Emaon, I agree with Val, you are just wrong on this one! (However, I COULD NOT agree with you MORE about Bow and everything you say about him!!!) He should talk if for no other reason than the Filmation voice of Battle Cat RULED. That voice is one of the best things ever about MOTU. But I'd like to ask how you would feel about Battle Cat talking but Cringer not?
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; November 2, 2010 at 06:52pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    So here's my theory: There was a prophecy about the Twins but there was no second Sword, so the Sorceress realized it was her destiny to take it upon herself to help fulfill it (this kinda thing happens in sci-fi/fantasy all the time). But this was the Sorceress before Teela-Na took up that mantle, and this was, in fact, her last act before she passed on the guardianship of Grayskull. She had been guardian for quite some time, and had used that time to gain the knowledge, skill, and power such an act would require, but it was such a great effort that she could no longer remain in her post and had to pass it onto Teela-Na. This allows for the Filmation episode that we all know and love (myself included!).

I know there's the incredibly convoluted cloning of Teela, but I think we should let that one slide since they were just trying to be true to the vintage stories.
    Interesting theory, though why stop at Koduc Ungl (or whoever preceded Teela-Na in MOTUC) only using up her power? What if it dooms her? It would make for a stronger case that cloning the sword is hard if it actually costs the enchanter his/her life. I don't think the cloned Teela thing ought to be discarded over this though, those events can still have happened after the sword was "cloned."

Yeah, just yanking your chain, because of your slightly over-the-top dismissal of my suggestion that a character without speech can be relatable and has been done. Many times. *g*

I have to admit that I find this whole "one cannot relate to someone who cannot talk" a bit disturbing.
    Over the top to dismiss your suggestion? I kid, and I'm sorry to have been so harsh. I just do not agree that it's the same thing. I also don't think what I've said is that anyone mute is unrelatable, but for a fictional character it makes a difference. If Orko was mute, would he be the same? No, he wouldn't. You couldn't use him the same way and he'd bring something different to the franchise if he were. Some fans might prefer him that way, but I'd disagree with them too.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 2, 2010 at 07:39pm.

Interesting theory, though why stop at Koduc Ungl (or whoever preceded Teela-Na in MOTUC) only using up her power? What if it dooms her? It would make for a stronger case that cloning the sword is hard if it actually costs the enchanter his/her life. I don't think the cloned Teela thing ought to be discarded over this though, those events can still have happened after the sword was "cloned."
    Oh yeah, that's kinda what I meant--I guess I should have been more clear, but I guess I just let the episode I mentioned do my talking for me, because doesn't she disappear or fade away or something once Teela-Na takes over? That's what I meant to have happen if not!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.