Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your own MOTUC storylines

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Your own MOTUC storylines

We're probably a bit old to actually be playing with our figures (!), but - with the lack of any tie-in media to the line as yet - I wonder if I'm alone in creating "storylines" for the existing figures.

They don't have to stick loyally to bios (something which I'll touch upon on another thread in a couple of days...), but what little plots have you given the existing figures.

One I have is an arc for Faker. Skeletor clones He-Man's body, and gives it robot workings. There are typical "Faker posing as He-Man" escapades, but He-Man comes to feel sorry for Faker and develops a strange bond with him, almost feeling him to be a long-lost brother, and tries to reform him and teach him the error of his ways, as Faker's programming conflicts him between Skeletor's evil, and He-Man's natural good which he has inherited. Eventually, Faker is destroyed in the crossfire of battle, and He-Man orders to give him a full burial, putting this poor unwitting monster at rest.

I'm also in the early stages of working on a romance between Tri-Klops and Teela, after TK kidnaps Teela but the pair find themselves attracted to each other. TK daren't tell Skeletor, and Teela is too ashamed to admit it to her father and co., but eventually Tri-Klops uses it against her and dupes her.

...Okay, so they're not that great But I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has their own little Classics "storylines". And remember, they don't have to stick ferociously loyal to bios or and existing incarnation; in fact, in a way, I prefer that they don't.
    Last edited by Spacedust; September 12, 2010 at 11:11am.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well, i do actually like to imagine my own motu storylines too.

for faker i have at least two different "origins": in both of them he's a human being (i'm for a technology free eternia!). in one he's adam and adora elder brother corrupted beyond his will by "uncle keldor"; in the other one he's a warrior with the power of mimic others appearance and powers: when he used his capability near he-man he's been permanently transformed and kept part of the power, so he's a formidable foe for the heroic warriors. he's not really bad, but skeletor put scare glow alongside him
    to constantly subdue his will and keep him to the evil side.

Well, I do this as well. To be fair, I try to utilize all the current Bio's I can, and try to fill in the rest where it doesnt differentiate too much if at all. I like to connect things that I feel are left open with what we have been given.

You can/must get very creative to put a story in you want but also have it basically fit with what has come before. I love doing that.

Some of the primarilly new things I have, which could be possible are:

Wun-Dar is without a doubt the He-Man from the minicomics that the (Green) Goddess meets & recruits. His jungle home is now part of that underground (and mostly unknown) kingdom. His story is what has become the current history of who He-Man is supposed to be when he shows up, as the common people have to have some rationale behind who this hero is, since they dont know it's Adam.

In the early minicomics, we are seeing, I've decided, what the modern Eternian believes more or less, the "campfire stories" that explain their champion. That's why you have Man at Arms, and Teela, ect... But really it is a part of Wun-Dar's legend woven in to the fabric of Eternian society. Untill we see OO-Larrs Bio, who I believe they're setting up to be the "Official" Barbarian He-Man, this is who he is for me.

So in Wun-Dar's time, his "Skeletor" was the other dimensional Scare-Glow, who was just Karak Nul at the time. This being came from another dimension to try to steal Grayskulls power, much like Scare Glow's bio says. And Wun-Dar's sorceress was clearly Green Goddess.

Once Scare Glow became the specter that we know and love today, he was even more a "Skeletor" connection for the modern people of today, who have forgotten about the origins of their He-Man explination myth.

As for Man-At-Arms appearing back then, (other than this being the current story Eternians tell themselves about He-Man's origins) I belive Man-At-Arms is the title given to the keeper of the lost technologies from Eternian history.

I think that only the current man at arms trains the comming man at arms to understand and utilize what high technology they have from before the "Great war" that returned them to basically barbarisim. That's why barbarian sorcery mixed with high tech in the Eternian world.

There's always a "Man at arms" to keep the secret of technology alive, but also guarded and safe, so that they never return fully to a time of such destructive tech. I've always thought there was a subtle "post apocalyptic feel" to the best He-Man world look.

So far all of this I think is kinda supported here and there by parts of the character bio's. I think this was subtlely intended by the bio writers of Scare Glow, Wun-Dar, & Goddess.

Man at arms is a bit less supported specifically, but I always felt more or less implied by the line.

I always always believe, no matter what the fiction or bios say, that Teela is Duncan & The Sorceress's in reality, factual, and completely commonly (sexual reproduction!) daughter. He is her father by blood & breeding. Sorceress is her birth mother. Teela of course doesnt know about her mother. And the new "magical clone" is right out the door.

Frankly I dont ever recal in the birth of this line in the 80's, or any time until perhaps 200x, seeing it suggested that Man at arms was in fact not her real father. Oh, I'm not saying such proof doesnt exest, just that it was never something I saw, and therefore still say is abstract enough to not count. It's assumed now, but I feel that isnt in keeping with her story arc.

And Teela has the greatest unexplored story arc of any character. No way I'm reducing it to a "magic clone".

I feel that Kronis & Keldor are the same race, more or less. I think that race isnt from Eternia, but colonized it from their home world/dimension (which is evidentally named Infinitia now, which I have no problem with.) Perhaps it was war with this blue "invader colonial" race that began the war that destroyed tech in Eternia and set everyone back to barbarisim. Perhaps the Eternian on-world Gars forgot their own origins, perhaps the colonists evolved a little diffrently in appearance and Kronis for example is darker, and I feel no "elf ears" because the Eternian gars are like Keldor now. And Anwat Gar is empty now because most Gars returned to their home dimension eventually, after being alienated from the rest of eternia for so long.

Oh, and Keldor's mother Randor ect storyline is basically part Athurian legend, what with a suductress having the comming King to bear her child, so that it is the Heir, but then he has his "actual heir" with his queen, so the child grows up bitter and wanting his birthright, possibly even hating his mother (which I believe) for using him as a tool, but still attempting fullfilling his destiny to rule, in a growing bitterness & sense of entiltlement that eventually drives him fully to evil, more or less as his mother ironically planned.

So Keldor is Mordred, if Mordred had a brother that took over for Miro's Arthur, with Randor being this son.
    Last edited by baronterror; September 12, 2010 at 12:53pm.

Chewer of Trollans
    baronterror,
    I am totally impressed with your canon.
    My own is huge and somewhat similar. However, it's always evovling. I plan to incorporate some of your ideas.
    When someone suggested that Fisto was Teela's real father, I fell in love with the idea. However, I feel that the Sorceress may have grown to love his brother Man-at-Arms even more.
    In my canon, Zodac, as a represenative of the cosmic protectors, announced a decision to lock Castle Grayskull from dimensional energies, meaning that the castle feeds on the world's energies. That's why He-Man and the Sorceress have to use the power so sparingly and why if Skeletor were to get ahold of it, he really would be the lord of destruction. Angry that the Sorceress stood against him, he told Skeletor about the castle's powers but not the consequences of using them. The cosmic enforcers then ejected him from their ranks. Skeletor doesn't care if using the castle's powers destroy Eternia, because he can then enter the other dimensions as a god.
    Whew. I wasn't going to get into all that.

I'm never too old to play, but I certainly don't have the time I used to. The urge is still there, but the drive to pull everything out and actually act things out doesn't seem to be as strong.

However, my brain is always working! For just about every toy line, honestly. I've got an ongoing thing with my G.I. Joes, Superhero stuff, and even a few other things. He-Man counts as well! I haven't even written any of it down; I've just got it floating around in my head...which explains why it changes so much. Though, most of the changes are due to the bios and new information. I take what I like and leave what I don't. Most of my story ideas work around the old mini comics and how I can work the original ideas into the current story, and somehow leave out the transformation idea (at least for most of it). I'm also a big fan of the NA story (save for the future aspect) so I've got that as a turning point of sorts, where the swords are finally reunited and it friggin' rips a hole in space, sending He-Man and Skeletor on to NA. There's more, of course, with Skeletor fixing himself and all that, but I'm not gona go into all of it.

One way or another: yes! I very much have my own story, same as I always have with any toy line.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I was looking at my display the other day and there was something about the way Moss Man and She-Ra were posed beside each other that reminded me of something with Abby Cable and Swamp Thing from Alan Moore's run. So now in my canon, Moss Man and She-Ra have the kind of awkward "we can't be together" relationship that Linda Hamilton and ron Perlman had in Beauty & the Beast

Heroic Warrior
    I like how so many people go 'off piste' and create their own versions of the story. The MOTU have always been about imagination.

When I wrote Grayskull, it was predominantly inspired by the Series One and Two minicomics, although the Zodac theme was completely original. Grayskull was, of course, written long before the Classics appeared.

The second trilogy, Resurrection, was Classics-inspired, but definitely not Classics biographies-inspired. I had had a few ideas beforehand, but seeing the new figures encouraged me to write more MOTU fiction.

But in a strange way, it made me focus even more on the original minicomic ideas - in particular the Tri-Klops sub-plot. I also had a new idea for Faker's origin.

I would like to see more people have a go at writing MOTU fan fiction! My Grayskull Saga can be found here.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I have a MOTUC storyline that has been floating around in my head for a while now. I haven't written anything down mainly because I feel intimidated by some of the awesome stories that get posted in the Fanfic forum and I struggle to get the words and story out. I need a collaboration with someone else.

Plus my storyline isn't overly original because I want to include Preternian characters in the present and the only way to do that is to encroach on Blackest Night territory

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have a MOTUC storyline that has been floating around in my head for a while now. I haven't written anything down mainly because I feel intimidated by some of the awesome stories that get posted in the Fanfic forum and I struggle to get the words and story out. I need a collaboration with someone else.

Plus my storyline isn't overly original because I want to include Preternian characters in the present and the only way to do that is to encroach on Blackest Night territory

A Blackest Night/He-Man story would be a great Idea!! Why If I had the skill to customise toys (And the money to spend on toys for custom fodder!)I'd be making Green Lantern He-Man, Blue Lantern She-Ra, Sinestro Corps Skeletor, Star Sapphire Teela and Evil-Lyn and Black Lantern King Grayskull, He-Ro and Wun-Dar. And then from that Spark of Inspiration came an Idea for an Eternian Styled Superman. (Red fur boots, red fur loincloth, S-shield Harness and Cape.) Then in my head I started writing a DC/He-Man story Called "Truth, Justice and the Eternian Way"

Essentially instead of Kal-El landing on earth he lands on Eternia and is found by Randor and Marlena. And from that simple skewing of the myth comes a few interesting Ideas....Like if there's a toddler Kal-el with Adam and Adora as babies would Hordak have a chance to get near the sleeping twins?
    Does that mean that Eternia has He-Man, She-Ra AND a Super-Man?
    And of course Spectacular battles with Brainiac, Skeletor, Hordak and Darkseid and Man-At-Arms' renegade apprentice Lu-Thor.

I know I know, it sounds really cheesy. And If I ever get off my butt and type it out I'll post it. Toys allow for any number of brilliant ideas! Never feel they're stupid or lame! This is the perfect place to share them! And just so this post is on topic (This was quite a rant!) I like the bio continuity with a bit of Filmation influence to it. Oh and the idea that Faker is a an Evil He-Man from an alternate reality (Alternia! Ha!) Because that makes more sense than Evil Blue robot with Orange skeletor armour. Who would that fool?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I'm still working on the Preternia Era in my personal canon. I've decided to keep He-Ro a Cosmic Warrior but to tailor his story to the original POG concept:

He-Ro and Oracle are tasked with defeating Hordak and his army (a small Horde at the time). He-Ro is a soldier who doesn't deal with magic... just hard science and bare hands (though his sword is made of pure energy, it is not a magical item). He leaves the mystical stuff to Oracle, and recognizes that he would have died many times over without the help of his Trollan companion.

Failing to defeat the Horde on one world or another (during which He-Ro is infected with a Techno-Virus), the two are tasked with aiding the people of Eternia, who have come under the reign of the Snake Men. Narrowly escaping Hordak's advancing army, they use a magic portal to get to Eternia... but last-minute interloping by Shadow Weaver separates the two, and He-Ro arrives on the new planet alone.

Then we get into the bio stuff. Eldor saves him, teaches him about magic from the Book of Living Spells (and gives him the awesome staff), He-Ro recruits Tytus and Sharella and they defeat King Hsss bringing peace to Eternia for a time. He-Ro takes the name Gray, and conceives a child with Sharella (there's a love story in there), who they name Kull (no D'vann, no thanks).

Years later, as Kull grows, the Snake Men return for vengeance. Hsss infects Sharella (ala Snake Teela) and Gray quests to find the three spell stones that can be used to reverse the transformation. He leaves his Power Sword for his young son, who is trained for war by Tytus and Sharella's Amazon-like tribe. When the Snake Men come to claim their village, Kull cuts them down and becomes a champion in his own right. Tytus builds a castle from which his new ally, Gray's Kull, leads the fight against King Hss and his new Queen (who Kull does not know is his mother any more than he knows "He-Ro" is his father).

He-Ro eventually retrieves the Spell Stones, but his plan to free Sharella fails and he is mortally wounded by Hsss. Gray's Kull then tries to use the Spell Stones to finish He-Ro's quest, but the magic that holds her cannot be undone, and he is forced to kill her...

Sharella, however, *was* saved by the spell. Her corporeal form defeated, her essence was cleansed of Hsss' pollution and she remained a guide for Grayskull as he was declared King of Eternia and ruled from his Castle where He-Ro's staff and the Living Book of Spells became the first two in an ever growing collection of magical and mysterious objects.

After all that, you'd get the first Ultimate Battleground, where the 3 towers rise and Tytus falls, King Hsss fights Zodak and Zeelar, and eventually the Snakes are banished to another dimension during the last battle of Snake Mountain. King Grayskull marries Veena and assembles his Council... and eventually find Eternia beseiged by the Horde... now much more than a small army. Grayskull quests to find the power to defeat Hordak, meeting He-Ro's time displaced companion Oracle and learning the secrets of the Power Sword (IE, it harnesses the power inside the person weilding it, and it's attuned to He-Ro's life energy, which has been passed on to Grayskull).

The rest, as they say, is history.
    Last edited by Straight Edge; November 27, 2010 at 09:37am.

The storyline I came up with is one I used to tie the original MOTU more closely to the movie and N/A.

Lizard Man from Filmation has a brother named Saurod, who is lured away from his family by promises of wealth and power and is corrupted by Keldor.
    Saurod becomes one of Keldor's loyal followers and after his transformation to Skeletor, remains with him. Even after serving Keldor/Skeletor for years, Skeletor kills Saurod after his failure to capture He-Man and retrieve the Cosmic Key, as seen in the movie.

Upon learning of his brother's death, Lizard Man goes rogue. After his apparent death in the film, the critically wounded Skeletor is rebuilt with cybernetic parts and escapes into the future. (N/A)
    Lizard Man steals the original Cosmic Key from Gwildor's workshop at the Eternian Palace, where Gwildor has been assisting MAA in developing defenses for the planet Eternia since He-Man departed for Primus.

Arriving on Denebria, Lizard Man disguises himself as the Space Mutant Lizzor and quetly slips undetected into the ranks of Skeletor's and Flogg's henchmen, biding his time until he can kill Skeletor and avenge his brother.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    The storyline I came up with is one I used to tie the original MOTU more closely to the movie and N/A.

Lizard Man from Filmation has a brother named Saurod, who is lured away from his family by promises of wealth and power and is corrupted by Keldor.
    Saurod becomes one of Keldor's loyal followers and after his transformation to Skeletor, remains with him. Even after serving Keldor/Skeletor for years, Skeletor kills Saurod after his failure to capture He-Man and retrieve the Cosmic Key, as seen in the movie.

Upon learning of his brother's death, Lizard Man goes rogue. After his apparent death in the film, the critically wounded Skeletor is rebuilt with cybernetic parts and escapes into the future. (N/A)
    Lizard Man steals the original Cosmic Key from Gwildor's workshop at the Eternian Palace, where Gwildor has been assisting MAA in developing defenses for the planet Eternia since He-Man departed for Primus.

Arriving on Denebria, Lizard Man disguises himself as the Space Mutant Lizzor and quetly slips undetected into the ranks of Skeletor's and Flogg's henchmen, biding his time until he can kill Skeletor and avenge his brother.
    EPIC. couldnt have thought of a better story for lizardMan. I am a huge fan of him, and your story just became real in mine. lol. Great thoughts here.

Ya gotta play with the toys man!

I do a D@D type thing. Where I have a storyline. But when it comes time for battles I let the dice do the talking for me. It kinda leaves the story open for either way. Good wins or bad wins. Also to make decisions can he-man lift that boulder and chuck a hundred thousand feet to knock out triklops. Stuff like that.

It's cool and kinda leaves the future open for any possibilities. Good docent always win in my world.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

In my canon Keldor was brought up by his mother in poverty, kept secret from everyone because of Miros shame at having a child out of wedlock and perhaps from an affair too. Randor doesn't know Keldor is his brother only Keldor/Skeletor knows and is resentful that as the older sibling the kingdom should be his on top of his resentment of not being loved by Miro.
    Not much different to the regular canon really.

Also, the Horde got free from dispondos and invaded Eternia 20 odd years ago then retreated to Etheria afterwards, Etheria is not in Despondos.

King Grayskull and gang were more than a few hundred years ago.
    Tytus didn't build Caste Grayskull, its left a mystery. King Grayskull amed himself after the caste he resided in, ot the other way around.

Gygor is an independant villain not working for Skeletor.

Beastman is the only member of his race who can control animals.

Faker is as intelligent as He-man as well as as strong, just evil. He can make himself an exact likeness of He-man but only for a short amount of time.
    Last edited by Rodster6; November 29, 2010 at 04:15pm.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    In my canon Keldor was brought up by his mother in poverty, kept secret from everyone because of Miros shame at having a child out of wedlock and perhaps from an affair too. Randor doesn't know Keldor is his brother only Keldor/Skeletor knows and is resentful that as the older sibling the kingdom should be his on top of his resentment of not being loved by Miro.
    Not much different to the regular canon really.

Also, the Horde got free from dispondos and invaded Eternia 20 odd years ago then retreated to Etheria afterwards, Etheria is not in Despondos.

King Grayskull and gang were more than a few hundred years ago.
    Tytus didn't build Caste Grayskull, its left a mystery. King Grayskull amed himself after the caste he resided in, ot the other way around.

Gygor is an independant villain not working for Skeletor.

really good stuff here!!! beastman being the only one adds to his character. and I really like the switch-a-ro with the KGreyskull stuff. I never liked that they have the castle named after him. If it was just there, and he went to live there makes it much more epic.

alot like the wolverine origin. it will always be better left unsaid.

I don't really make up story lines but I do have certain ideas for origins that would have worked great IMO. For me the myp story line is leading. After that the mvc comics, but I ignore the things that werent published in that comic. Like the scewing of the story mvc planned to include more 80's influences.

Faker never had a really good bio and I do have a bio that could have worked excellent in the 200x continuity.

Oh and etheria is definatly not in despondos and neither is eternia. Despondos is a dimention and the energy that is needed to get you there is poison to organic beings outside of despondos. People inside despondos, like the horde, should be safe until they exit.

Actually, while I am at the subject I might as well spill the faker bio.
    Faker is corrupted and infused by the power of despondos. The same energy that kills organic life, if not protected properly, is what gave him the power to equal he-man.

In the myp continuity, and from the looks of it also in the classics story, randor would get lost in despondos. Man at arms uses his robot decoy he-man to get him back because it's too dangerous to send the real he-man and by sending a robot he-man randor would be able to recognize it as a helping hand. By exiting despondos the robot absorbes the energy to keep randor safe and gets corrupted in the process. And with this faker is born.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Think of the atmosphere of grim & determined struggle seen on the box-art. Throw in the early mini-comics to establish the post-apocolyptic-wasteland feel. Add the best of Filmation - by that I mean some of the awesome landscapes, the purple sky, the rocks like fangs and claws.

You're part way there already.

The characters are locked in various struggles with others or themselves. E.g. Man-EF must drink a "curative" which suppresses the Monster that Skeletor cursed him with. He cannot fully control the Monster if it takes over.

There is no obvious right/wrong to many of their decisions. Some characters have been on their enemies side (e.g. Tri-Klops, Ram-Man, Stratos, Mer-Man). This can make things a bit messy, as can the many different religions & philosophies that occupy the scattered & warring tribes of Eternia. Mostly, people are nomadic, brutal, & ignorant, but there are some learned hermits & scholars who understand some of the Ancient lore. Prince Adam is one of them - he is a very spiritual man & strictly pacificistic, following a strand of Ancient Wisdom. This is one reason why he is the Sorceress's candidate for He-Man. The other reason is that he refuses to kill, including animals. He gains a small following (e.g. Clamp-Champ with his non-lethal weapons & attacks), but never any true popularity as he is seen as weak & crazy.

Man-At-Arms doesn't invent stuff. He & his men will sometimes unearth or trade Ancient technologies which they believe is from a Golden Age of Enlightenment. The best MAA can do is fix some things, occasionally. Mostly, the wrecks they find stay that way. When MAA is not fighting, he is researching & trying to make use of Ancient lore that explains how the tech works. Ancient tech inspires awe & dread. An automatic laser-rifle have made men kings.

This doesn't prevent weird cyborgs from cropping up (MEF, Ram-Man, Trap-Jaw, etc. etc.). This is partly because some enemies DO know Ancient lore (Skeletor & Hordak) & partly because some technologies seem to have a mind of their own. If unearthed, they may fix themselves to you, turning you into a cyborg (e.g. Ram-Man once found a weird looking helmet. After putting it on, it changes him physically to what he is now.) This is also partly because there is Outer-space where Ancient lore is better understood, from which people might crash (Trap-Jaw) or other dimensions from which they might be summoned.

Skeletor was never Keldor-Randor's-brother, but Keldor-the-Ancient. He was once one of the Ancients who built Greyskull. But he betrayed their pact &, along with Zodac, was the only Ancient who survived the building of Castle Greyskull. But - unlike Skeletor - Zodac's survival was agreed upon, so that he could watch over Eternia & "Enforce the Cosmos" (i.e. keep Reality the way it is). Skeletor regrets giving up most of his power & wants it back - along with everything else in Greyskull, which stands at the centre of the Universe & is a site of great magic that can effect any kind of change in time or space. This essentially gives the Sorceress god-like powers which she never uses except in defence of the Castle. This makes her a lot less friendly & more mysterious in my version...

Because Eternia is magically hidden (it contains Greyskull, after all!), it has taken Skeletor a long time to find it & figure out a way through the barriers. He was on Eternia once before, but was defeated & banished from the world. During some of that time in exile, he was a member of the Horde & helped them establish their inter-stellar empire, before turning rebel & then fleeing in defeat. The main Horde members are vampires (including Skeletor) - having established such a dominion to secure a vast & subjected food-supply.

Teela has an important but terrible fate in store. She isn't the daughter of anyone but the Sorceress (through parthenogenesis), who birthed her as Zoar, leaving the resultant egg with MAA to care for - as children cannot survive being born in Castle Greyskull, which is too terrifying & powerful a place - a place that essentially & paradoxically contains the whole Universe.

Anyway, I only just got started, so that's some of the story anyway.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; November 29, 2010 at 07:17pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    When I got Adora, I recalled a story I'd tinkered with years ago: the whole revelation of Adora's existence gave Skeletor a new tool to use. The Sorceress and the King decided to wipe the knowledge of her birth from everyone's mind without permission from the people to do so. Skeletor could use that idea to make folks wonder what else they might have made everyone forget. I can see that as being a bone of contention with Duncan, as I'd imagine he wouldn't have been wholeheartedly in favor of the move, foreseeing the potential for backfiring. Shaking Eternians' trust in Randor and Grayskull would be a powerful weapon for old bone head.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

In my canon when the sword of protection and power are combined they become Grayskulls sword. Grayskull was the first to merge them so he is the biggest bad ass of them all. He-man has half his power and She-ra has half. (also "alternate reality" 200X He-man has Grayskulls full power because the sword was never split)

In my mind, Grayskull's rise to power revolves around him retrieving the sword of power from king HSSS and being given the sword of protection by the Goddess after proving his valor. (the swords are kinda like the tri-force in my canon)
    [/quote]

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Long ago, King Grayskull fought off the Snake-Men and defeated the evil Horde at the cost of his own life. He-Ro, with the help of the newly created Council of Elders fused the Sword of He and Grayskull's sword into the Power Sword, which was then split into two by both He-Ro and the one deemed the Goddess.

Thousands of years have passed and now a new evil threat has emerged. Keldor, a disciple of the Horde, and now called Skeletor, threatens Eternia once again. It is up to Prince Adam, who is given the Power Sword to become He-Man, and the Masters of the Universe to stop Skeletor and his evil minions.

Countless battles pursue and there seems to be no end to the constant conflict in sight, especially now that the Snake-Men have been freed from their astral prisons once again. To make matters worse, forces are at work to bring the evil Horde back to Eternia despite Skeletor's best efforts to keep his former master away.

It is then discovered that the Power Sword Adam holds is only half of the sword and the quest to find the other half begins as Hordak is successfully brought back to Eternia, killing the Snake-Men, imprisoning King Randor, and forcing the Masters and Skeletor to flee to Sub-ternia where they must join forces to defeat him. After a few futile attempts to thwart Hordak's invasion, it is revealed that his general Adora is the twin sister to Adam, and with the help of the newly forged Sword of Protection, She-Ra is born. With the combined forces of He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, Carnivus, and the remaining Masters, the majority of the Horde are defeated. To add to the forces of good, the Sorceress uses the remainder of her power to locate the other half of the Power Sword, which unbeknowst to him, was in Skeletor's possession the entire time. As such, He-Man takes the eagle half of Skeletor's blade and merges it with his half of the Power Sword, creating a fully powered sword in the form of Grayskull's, but embroidled with the mystic energy of the Council of Elders. Hordak is defeated once and for all as Skeletor betrays the Masters, nearly killing Teela in the process. The Sorceress sacrifices herself to resurrect her daughter, filling her with her powers as well, creating a new Sorceress.

Atop the ruins of Castle Grayskull, He-Man and Skeletor enter the final battle. In a fierce battle, the Power Sword is split into two once more, and with the combined effort of the Sword of He and Grayskull's sword, Skeletor is defeated and imprisoned in Grayskull's reliquary that used to hold the Key to Grayskull, while the remnants of Skeletor's army and Evil-Lynn are once again imprisoned behind the Mystic Wall in the Dark Hemisphere. With the majority of evil defeated, Adam surrenders the Sword of He and Grayskull's sword where they are sealed away in Grayskull with Skeletor's prison.

Many years go by once again as the House of Adam reigns from a reconstructed Castle Grayskull. Evil-Lyn, Scare-glow, and the forces of a race of creatures from the future led by General Flogg breakdown the Mystic Wall and lay havok on Eternia once again. It is up to Ro, the grandson of Adam and Teela, to take on the new menace with a newly crafted Power Sword. This new He-Man must battle Evil-Lynn's attempt to recover Skeletor's prison and bring back her former master and lover. In time, they are successeful, and it is revealed that Scare-glow is the soul of Skeletor, who reenters his body, cybernectically restored thanks to Flogg's technology. It is now time for Ro and a new set of Masters to tangle with the forces of Skeletor and Flogg
    Last edited by Dr Kain; December 5, 2010 at 01:02pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Dr Kain and Lestat, I love your stories. I could actually see them working together. It's like the uber sword I envision Dare having one day.

For me, not only were the swords all one at some primordial time, and prophesied to be split for the twins, but there's another part to the prophecy saying that one will reconstitute the original sword. Being that Dare is Adora's biological son, raised by Adam, and heir to their powers, he is given both swords, and the ability to rejoin them to their united form.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    BTW, seperated at birth:

EDIT: What happened to my picture??
    Last edited by Dr Kain; December 5, 2010 at 09:57pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Yeah I believe Kain stole that weapon from MOTU and broke on Raziel's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Anyway, I only just got started, so that's some of the story anyway.
    Great start! I also think it's important to maintain that feel of primal devastation and mystery present in the early goings of the property.

What you were saying about the technology would really help explain Preternia's techno-virus problem.

Keldor as a nonrelative, refreshing!

Skeletor as vampire... intriguing. That way he's kind of a homage to the universal monsters... Skull head (Mummy-esque), uber-muscled body (Frankenstein), vampire Horde member (Dracula). He'd make for a pretty terrifying vampire actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    By exiting despondos the robot absorbes the energy to keep randor safe and gets corrupted in the process. And with this faker is born.
    I like the Despondos connection! Gives him a foundation to become his own character and believably powerful at the same time. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    alot like the wolverine origin. it will always be better left unsaid.
    Too bad we can't unmake Wolvie's comic book origin that came out years ago! I agree that there has to be something unfathomable about Grayskull that helps preserve its mystery and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post

Faker is as intelligent as He-man as well as as strong, just evil. He can make himself an exact likeness of He-man but only for a short amount of time.
    Beastman's importance cannot be emphasized enough! I'm glad you're keeping him unique among his peers. Faker's temporary abilities have great story potential!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    It's cool and kinda leaves the future open for any possibilities. Good doesn't always win in my world.
    Or in anyone elses. This way the good guys don't get too lazy! The close fights are always the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Very smooth. Pulls everything together!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    He-Ro is infected with a Techno-Virus
    Hold up a minute! How does this affect him? Is it permanent? Spill dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I know I know, it sounds really cheesy. And If I ever get off my butt and type it out I'll post it. Toys allow for any number of brilliant ideas! Never feel they're stupid or lame! This is the perfect place to share them! And just so this post is on topic (This was quite a rant!) I like the bio continuity with a bit of Filmation influence to it. Oh and the idea that Faker is a an Evil He-Man from an alternate reality (Alternia! Ha!) Because that makes more sense than Evil Blue robot with Orange skeletor armour. Who would that fool?
    Get off your butt and post it!

Alternia, huh? Let's see your Faker Man-at-Arms!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Don't let other's dissuade you man, go for it! You guys are getting me stoked to go and flesh mine out more!!

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    I would like to see more people have a go at writing MOTU fan fiction! My Grayskull Saga can be found here.
    "Fire and Steel" rocks! Eldor's role in the human dragon alliance is fitting. It really works.

Quote Originally Posted by jimharnock View Post
    I was looking at my display the other day and there was something about the way Moss Man and She-Ra were posed beside each other that reminded me of something with Abby Cable and Swamp Thing from Alan Moore's run. So now in my canon, Moss Man and She-Ra have the kind of awkward "we can't be together" relationship that Linda Hamilton and ron Perlman had in Beauty & the Beast
    He does have that stoic lovelorn look. Poor sod!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    One way or another: yes! I very much have my own story, same as I always have with any toy line.
    You can see the storyteller in those pics of yours. A good brain behind a good eye!

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    In my canon, Zodac, as a represenative of the cosmic protectors, announced a decision to lock Castle Grayskull from dimensional energies, meaning that the castle feeds on the world's energies. That's why He-Man and the Sorceress have to use the power so sparingly and why if Skeletor were to get ahold of it, he really would be the lord of destruction. Angry that the Sorceress stood against him, he told Skeletor about the castle's powers but not the consequences of using them. The cosmic enforcers then ejected him from their ranks.
    Nice bit on Zodac's origin. He has so much potential and yet he keeps getting passed over. Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror
    I always always believe, no matter what the fiction or bios say, that Teela is Duncan & The Sorceress's in reality, factual, and completely commonly (sexual reproduction!) daughter. He is her father by blood & breeding. Sorceress is her birth mother. Teela of course doesnt know about her mother. And the new "magical clone" is right out the door.

So Keldor is Mordred, if Mordred had a brother that took over for Miro's Arthur, with Randor being this son.
    I'm not a big fan of the Sorceress "clone" idea either and I like that you are giving Teela a father in Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Eventually, Faker is destroyed in the crossfire of battle, and He-Man orders to give him a full burial, putting this poor unwitting monster at rest.
    I like this potrayal of Faker, he has a dignified end here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    he's not really bad, but skeletor put scare glow alongside him
    to constantly subdue his will and keep him to the evil side.
    This adds nicely to both Skelly's evil nature and Faker's allegiance to him. Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Grayskull was the first to merge them so he is the biggest bad ass of them all.
    The extra bit on the swords is fantastic. I like the explanation you gave but I love that custom 200x sword you have for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Being that Dare is Adora's biological son, raised by Adam, and heir to their powers, he is given both swords, and the ability to rejoin them to their united form.
    I like how this resolves the two "good" swords. Nice one Jon-O!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    In time, they are successeful, and it is revealed that Scare-glow is the soul of Skeletor, who reenters his body, cybernectically restored thanks to Flogg's technology. It is now time for Ro and a new set of Masters to tangle with the forces of Skeletor and Flogg
    I'm on board with Scareglow as the actual spirit of Skeletor. Great transition to the NA period!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Shaking Eternians' trust in Randor and Grayskull would be a powerful weapon for old bone head.
    Absoutely! Definitely something I could see Skelly doing!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    For me, the last battle would take place in front of the 3 Towers, with The Heroes battle against the Snakemen& the Horde. Skeletor and his warriors stand atop of a hill and watch the fight. Then he realizes that it is better not to let Hordak and Hiss having the Power, so Skeletor and his minions join the Heroes and defend the towers.

After defeating Hordak and Hiss, Skeletor and He-Man stand in front of each other make some short smalltalk and start to fight. That would be my favorite story in a series of 3 movies...