Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Unnamed One ARRIVAL! Spoilers and pics inside!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

Subscription Unnamed One ARRIVAL! Spoilers and pics inside!

His REAL NAME:

Glad it isn't Orko! Its GORPO after all, but he is NOT Orko. Phew!

Front of Package:

BIO:

Alternate Head:

Standard Head:

Standard Head, better pic:

Comic Spoiler:

Picks up after years of battles across the Tri Solar System. He-Man and She-Ra, as well as the other Galactic Protectors have teamed up again with Skeletor and the Space Mutant Army to take on Horde Prime. He-Man and She-Ra appear to know that in taking on Horde Prime they may be transported someplace else, separated - but the Sorceress warned them of this and reminded them they will have "the Power of Grayskull" with them always. Battling Horde Prime He-Man and Skeletor are sent to Trolla. We have no idea what happens to She-Ra or Horde Prime. On Trolla the 'Defenders of Trolla' approach are battling the Unnamed Ones 'Revenge Squad'. Trolla has been changed - from what He-man remembers as the Unnamed One has decimated it. The Defenders of Trolla recognize He-Man as legend and there is that 'I knew you'd come' moment. They inform He-Man of Trolla's 'Temple of Power'. Skeletor hears this. We then find Skeletor at 'The Snake Lair - Fortress of Lady Slither'. She is upset with the defeat and is speaking to Bubblor, Major Header and Raja. Skeletor approaches her and they end up attacking the temple. He-Man helps battle. The Temple looks a lot like a updated, modern Castle Grayskull. Skeletor and He-Man battle inside and He-Man invoke the Power of Grayskull. We see Demo-Man and Keldor separate. Keldor dying tells He-Man these wounds are not his fault and begs him to return to Eternia, to protect ALL people, Gar and Human. He-Man swears he will to his Uncle and Keldor says THANK YOU. We see in a cross panel Demo-Man standing with the Unnamed One and what looks like Skeletor. Then there is an epilogue - we see 3 cosmic enforcers at Keldors grave. They state for neutrality to exist they must do this. What looks like a female Hordak invokes the 'HONOR of GRAYSKULL' with them and Skeletor appears to rise and the words are spoken "Skeletor LIVE!" - says To be continued in THE FALL OF ETERNIA!

Sorry gang - didn't realize that actual pictures of the comic were not allowed (I did realize scans were not allowed) but regardless I want to respect the rules! [SORRY ALL, NO SCANS OF THE COMIC ALLOWED]
    Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; March 14, 2014 at 10:09pm.

post the bio!!!

nice looking trollan, TERRIBLE choice for the character in my opinion. ugh. HUGE let down, HUGE, and the 2nd head? so what? it's marvin the martian in MOTU. again, GREAT looking trollan, but way too cute and comical to be anything more than a rogue trollan. to me

ANYWAY not to come off as an ingrate, but thanks for posting!

and it IS Gorpo, I guess using the name was Scott's idea of a love letter?
    Last edited by krosfyah; March 13, 2014 at 02:24pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I think he looks pretty cool!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the love letter, Scott. From now on, please just send me hate mail.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    post the bio!!!
    I don't mind the concept so much. It's okay! Hey can u post a shot of what NA She-Ra looks like inside the mini-Comice there?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I like the second head a lot. It's not a bad-looking figure, honestly. Not what I pictured it being, but I can't really say it's a bad or uninteresting figure.

EDIT: That bio really ticks me off, though. It's right from the DCU...the first couple of lines are practically a biography for

Krona
    , as others have theorized.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    and the 2nd head? so what? it's marvin the martian in MOTU.
    i agree, this figure is a massive let down after TG's lame disingenuous hyping.

(side note: he's Gorpo, which contradicts what the 4Horseman-whats-his-name said)

the second head (which is more of a second FACE than anything else) reminds me of some of the guards from Labyrinth. this is the closest i could find at the moment:

labyrinth_guide___nipper_guard_by_chaotica_i-d4n5uvy.jpg

Patrick you couldn't wait to get home to open it up? my fiancé always makes fun of me cause I open my packages in the car.

I never knew Shadow Weaver had a pet, does it come with a leash she can hold?
    "Problems Weaver?"

ok, so figure opinions aside, the bio doesn't say what makes him an evil lord of chaos? the actual bio fits a filmationy/evil trollan for the most part, it's just that none of it fits 'the unnamed one' hype many of us have held. maybe that's our fault, but again, that aside, what makes him a lord of chaos?? I don't get it.

Well, what I will do is basically have him be the reason Trollan magic works poorly on eternia. I won't dismiss all of the bio, he is an evil trollan who was banished, all he could do was muster the power to mess with troallan magic if they ever left trolla. his final curse against them. that way he can be trollan master of chaos (the chaos being the magic messing)

unless chaos is the trollan word for cutie pie!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I love the Second head but I am sorely disappointed that it is just another mask. What's the point? The bio is also kind of boring, and I don't really like that after all this waiting, it includes his death. So, that's the end of that story.

And...so. he IS Gorpo, eh? What about him being tied into all off these random events throughout time? Where's that? In the comic? We need some comic spoilers.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the pictures, figure is interesting but still very disappointing.

big disapointment ... that's all I have to say.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I really like the figure, but that second head is such a letdown.
    What a waste of potential...

The snake staff is cool. Would love to see the magic effect in action
    BTW the spoilers aren't working. Everybody looking into the thread can see everything
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

i like the figure (even the mask) for a "trollan as we know them, not as scott retconned them" bad guy, but not the unnamed one, hell even the WHY he's called the unnamed one is lame as hell. they just DECIDED to call him that?? which essentially doesn't MAKE him unnamed. he was named gorpo, then RENAMED unnamed, so he should be the REnamed one.

Fear is faith in failure

so how does that green magic blast work?? seems impossible for his hand to hold up.

Is the second head a completely new idea or did they base it off some sort of past comic/toy/etc. design that I can't pinpoint?

So is the love letter to fans aspect of this character that his name is

Gorpo
    ?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I love the Second head but I am sorely disappointed that it is just another mask. What's the point? The bio is also kind of boring, and I don't really like that after all this waiting, it includes his death. So, that's the end of that story.

And...so. he IS Gorpo, eh? What about him being tied into all off these random events throughout time? Where's that? In the comic? We need some comic spoilers.
    Yes please someone post a couple of mini comic spoilers. I am eager to see what NA She-Ra looks like from the front! Please Please!

I gotta say...

I kinda like it. Even the essence of the background.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by S-Loc187 View Post
    Thanks for the love letter, Scott. From now on, please just send me hate mail.

Fear is faith in failure

it's like Voldemort. . . He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Once the other Trollans banished him they stopped using his name and referred to him as the Unnamed One. Again, like someone said earlier, just like Krona and the Guardians from Green Lantern . . .

I like Scott, but he comes up with one derivative story after another, lol.

This figure is, one, big, "Who Cares?"
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    maybe that's our fault, but again, that aside, what makes him a lord of chaos?? I don't get it.

this is what Mattel said about this figure, long before today:

MOTUC Fans, You probably know by now that the Unnamed One™ is the exclusive figure that only 2014 Club Eternia® subscribers will receive. But here are some things you may not know…

About the Character

So first things first… just who is the Unnamed One™?

For starters, he’s the mastermind behind the Snake Men®, as well as the perpetrator of a whole lot of wayward wickedness throughout the Masters’ world. He was first mentioned in the 1986 mini-comic “The Powers of Grayskull, Part1″ and he also appears in the bios of the Snake Men® warriors and their rotten-to-the-core leader, King Hssss™. Why? You’ll have to wait until he shows up in your mailbox in 2014 for the full story. What we cantell you now is that his arc is crucial in tying together the entire Masters story.

About the Figure

Befitting this legendary character, his figure is almost completely newly tooled! This isn’t just He-Man® with a new head – his only shared part is the arms.
    Two heads really are better than one, especially when it comes to the Unnamed One™. He’ll arrive with an alternate noggin (but why??) and two accessories, one of them a magic burst. The question is what wrongdoing was wrought by that magic burst?

Like King He-Man™ with a scar over his eye and a beat-up Power Sword™, the Unnamed One™ will feature visual details that help tell the story of his malevolent existence.
    Although the Unnamed One™ has remained shrouded in mystery for more than 25 years, we promise all will be revealed with his release as the Club Eternia® exclusive figure in 2014. He’s much more than a collection-essential figure, he’s storyline-essential so don’t miss this opportunity to make him yours. Sign up for a 2014 Club Eternia® subscription today! –Matty

no, it was TG's and Matty's fault this doesn't live up to expectations. they are the ones that set them to begin with! over-promised, under-deliver, the Mattel way!