Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obelisk warrior appreciation thread

Obelisk warrior appreciation thread

From the mini-comic 'The Obelisk':

Who wants these cool Obelisk warriors added into MOTUC?

Personally, I always thought the speech balloons mixed up 6-Arm-Or and Rep-Tail between good and evil so I could never work out who they fought for! The bad guy wants to rescue people and the good guy wants to use his tail to destroy!!

Anyway, these could be neat additions to our collections, either as more fully fleshed out good and evil warriors or even just as random evil beasts fighting for Skeletor.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I think what's going on in the comic is, because He-Man & Skeletor shouted their commands at the same time, they "confused" the Obelisk, thus, making "confused" monsters.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

The sounds of crickets tell me not to expect these guys any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    I think what's going on in the comic is, because He-Man & Skeletor shouted their commands at the same time, they "confused" the Obelisk, thus, making "confused" monsters.
    ~RK
    Good thinking 99! I can't believe I never thought of that! Funny thing is, as a kid I wrote over the speech balloon in one mini-comic to change 'good' and 'evil' to fit with each warriors intentions.

It could be a cool army builder with different body parts to combine and get your favourite confused monster and some confusing variations.

Well Swanmarsh, you know I want them! I will buy anything pertaining to MOTU minicomics, poster art, and so on. It keeps the line fresh, and hopefully going for years to come. Hopefully your thread won't go sour and have people posting "These characters don't interest me at all" and things of that nature like they do to my threads. People should have the respect to only post if they want to see them since this is a "appreciation" thread, and not a "non-appreciation" thread.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

If they can make Vikor and Carnivus they can make these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    It could be a cool army builder with different body parts to combine and get your favourite confused monster and some confusing variations.
    That is a cool idea with great potential! An Obelisk pak with body parts (like Modulok, only more-so) to piece together and create many potential warriors to fight for good or evil.

Originally posted by Joseephus >
    Well Swanmarsh, you know I want them! I will buy anything pertaining to MOTU minicomics, poster art, and so on. It keeps the line fresh, and hopefully going for years to come. Hopefully your thread won't go sour and have people posting "These characters don't interest me at all" and things of that nature like they do to my threads. People should have the respect to only post if they want to see them since this is a "appreciation" thread, and not a "non-appreciation" thread.
    If we all had your talent for customising we wouldn't need Matty to release these guys! Then there'd be nothing for folk to complain about.

I doubt we will see these any time soon, but they could be made by Matty with a large % of re-used parts, IMO.

I think Rep-Tail would be a monty for a Saurod buck and tail, without armor, monster hands and feet, plus a unique head. About 85% use of existing parts (that is, after they release Saurod).

6-Arm-Or would be more difficult as he would need a unique torso buck but may be able to re-use Modulok or Mantenna arms and legs.

Red Horn could just be normal monster buck with unique head plus a large, oversized right hand with long claws. Again 85% use of existing tools, so at face value, very easy for Mattel to make.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; September 13, 2010 at 08:59am.

The Obelisk is the trippiest minicomic ever! It reads like someone wrote it while very very high.

...and little new tooling would be needed... just some new heads or maybe repainted (unflocked modern MossMan head would fit). The body parts could be repaints of used parts (once made swappable like TrapJaw arms and King Hiss body)

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    This was one of the comics I had. Always found those guys intriguing
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I would love to have them all! The one with the horn on his head is awesome, but I would go nuts over the green, six-armed hero.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Yeah I will take hell we have Vikor "He-Man Var" taking a month slot so why not those guys.

They might be a cool addition for sure. who knows maybe in 2016 or something....

I'd love those guys to be included.. They could do interesting things with their confused states in their bio's.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'd buy em'. I think they look pretty bad ass.
    bnl4life

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    I'd buy em'. I think they look pretty bad ass.
    I agree!!! I'd buy them, one of my favorite mini comics
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Any mini comic characters all good!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Ehhh... I wouldn't buy them. I really don't have the room to store a bunch of no named random monster guys...

Between money and space My collection is a little more limited....

Though a month off would be nice for me

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    All of the minicomic monsters were very cool looking. I'd certainly look forward to them. Would I be upset that they came out before Ram Man? Yeah, but then again I'd rather Ram Man come out before just about everything that's left, so I don't think that reasoning holds water anymore.

I'm all for random mini-comic (and any other) characters being included in the MOTUC line! These guys, the Masks of Evil creatures (in both forms), the Manticore, Ice Hackers (fairly easy working off of Gy-Gor's buck), and anything else!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I'd like these, as well as other mini-comic characters.
    ne jabba no badda!

I want those! Most Alcala's creatures look great anyway. And I do want a good creature that searches and destroys, and an evil one that rescues people. Why not?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    A Modulok type concept might work very nicely here. THat's something I'd definitely buy.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I would definately pass on these creatures...but for those who are interested in them, I hope guys get them!

Great idea Swanmarsh, I loved that comic as a kid and would love to see the 4H re-imagine the Obelisk warriors for MOTUC!