Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obelisk warrior appreciation thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    No. motu already has to many great characters to be made into toys.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I doubt we will see these any time soon, but they could be made by Matty with a large % of re-used parts, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    ...and little new tooling would be needed... just some new heads or maybe repainted
    I agree, they look so generic that only a minimal tooling would be required.
    I never thought about them as potential MOTUCs, actually, but if they do them I will buy them for sure. I love obscure characters from minicomics!

Not for me- they look like knock-off MOTU figures IMO.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I love Minicomic characters but those are the worst.
    I would prefer an Ice Hacker, Haramesh, Geldor and Lodar first

Heroic Warrior
    The glorm from He-Man Meets Ram-Man tops these fellows by a long way. I prefer the Texeira monsters to the Alcala monsters. His drawings of palace guards and Skeletor's minions were pretty good too.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy them.

This was always one of my favourite minicomics, and the main one I can still remember, but though I'd prolly like 'em once I saw them made, I'm in no rush to see these done.

I would love to get these guys, they look awesome. I would add them to Pre-filmation awesomeness.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

i would definitely get these guys. i still remember reading this minicomic too, very cool!

Yep, give us the crazy monsters from any MOTU source, especially Teixeira's & to a lesser degree, Alcala's.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

all the Alcala monsters are simply great.
    they should do ALL of them.

those characters have a strong potential, i hope they will do them as a motuc sooner or later.

HEROES OF TAJALAN Page - MY TOYLINE! Here: http://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfEternitia
    My Deviantart http://nijirain.deviantart.com - I accept commissions for drawings and custom/sculpts!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    From the mini-comic 'The Obelisk':

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...e0812_full.jpg

Who wants these cool Obelisk warriors added into MOTUC?
    Count me in, for sure! An Obelisk Warriors multipack would be great.

Personally, I always thought the speech balloons mixed up 6-Arm-Or and Rep-Tail between good and evil so I could never work out who they fought for! The bad guy wants to rescue people and the good guy wants to use his tail to destroy!!
    It would be nice to hear more suggestions on how these guys could be named. For example, to avoid digits, the six-armed one could be Hexor (playing with two meanings of hex). How about something like Demonor for the third? Rep-Tail for the second one sounds nice, but somehow I feel there's something missing; because his head has a somewhat mammalian feel, so he doesn't look fully reptilian. To make him more distinct from other tailed characters (Whiplash in particular), he could be cast as a chameleonic master of shapeshifting whose appearance would "blend" with that of the environment, and named, say, Kam-E-Lion, Man-E-Shapes, Cop-E-Cham or Blendor.

These would be a great Exclusive or Beast 3 Pack. I would not want these individually.

I'd love to have them.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Found the fourth member of the team, The Brazilian Estrala mini comics have a version of this comic and there was another character the left the obelisk. Enjoy, you can read the mini comic in the publishing section of the Collecting tab at he-man.org

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Found the fourth member of the team, The Brazilian Estrala mini comics have a version of this comic and there was another character the left the obelisk. Enjoy, you can read the mini comic in the publishing section of the Collecting tab at he-man.org
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...nt_12_full.jpg
    That looks like one of these Troll Force figures....especially Roman:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yucktoy...n/photostream/

Snappy Threader
    Would be cool down the road, or if they would make a Vykron styled alien with different parts to create them.....

Let's give these guys some more love.

A Hexor & Demonor evil Obelisk warriors pack would look so cool. Demonor (either in Alcalá orange or in Brazilian purple)* would be rather easy to customize (standard human buck with Skeletor's hands and feet) and so also quite easy for Mattel to make. But Hexor's six arms would be more tricky. For the heroic Obelisk warriors, Rep-Tail and the Brazilian mammaloid (could he be related to the Qadians?) would similarly require very little new tooling (basically, just two new heads).

So, all in all, the whole bunch would require very little new tooling outside of new heads and a new buck to accomodate Hexor's hextuple arms. And since besides the shield and sword carried by the Brazilian guy, they don't need any accessories, a nice accessory for the pack would be to include some pieces to make the Obelisk (it could be composed of 8 planar yellow pieces to be joined together: 4 isosceles trapezoids for the base, plus 4 isosceles triangles for the openable top with the inscriptions—which, in terms of tooling, each of the two different pieces would be equivalent to a long shield).

(*) Heck, we could even have variants of him. I can't decide which color I'd like best, since orange is its Alcalá original, whereas purple looks somewhat more fitting for his demonic look. So one of the colors could be a chase variant.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

this always was my favourite minicomic. So whatever this thread is about is already tops.