Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini-comic MotU Classic customs

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    mini-comic wise

Would you like a teaser of the WIP's,

I'm also working on a she-ra repaint to go with that hordak

I brightened the white like I did to teela, then I brightened the gold, highlighted the hair a brighter yellow, and finally changed the sword to silver as an afterthought. I still have to do a few touch-ups on her though.
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

That Trap Jaw and Beast Man are amazing! I hope we get both as TRU 2-packs eventually.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Wow these are great! where have I been!!!

Trap-Jaw: Flawless! I'm making my own!
    Teela: Love the blonde hair!
    Red-Beast: I'm not too crazy about him, he could use a little more contrast with the reds, also he's too glossy for me.
    Tri-Klops: Love the use of the whiplash torso!!! you have solved the problem i couldn't get past! thank you!

Can't wait to see your blue vest Adam, I'm hoping to make one as well! It's interesting that you chose to keep the "sleeves" on the vest, some media depicts him without the sleeves (he-man and the insect people and Dragon's gift to name a few) I just can't decide which one I like more.
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; November 27, 2010 at 04:17pm.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Wow these are great! where have I been!!!

Trap-Jaw: Flawless! I'm making my own!
    Teela: Love the blonde hair!
    Red-Beast: I'm not too crazy about him, he could use a little more contrast with the reds, also he's too glossy for me.
    Tri-Klops: Love the use of the whiplash torso!!! you have solved the problem i couldn't get past! thank you!

Can't wait to see your blue vest Adam, I'm hoping to make one as well! It's interesting that you chose to keep the "sleeves" on the vest, some media depicts him without the sleeves (he-man and the insect people and Dragon's gift to name a few) I just can't decide which one I like more.
    I really appreciate the honest assesment, thank you.

Teela isn't quite finished, I hope to have an additional head for her sometime soon.

I'm not a big fan of the flock either but I think I am going to go ahead and flock the red beastman to help with contrast. I may do another eventually unflocked with an entire beastman buck just to guage interests.

I used a battle armor he-man as the buck for tri-klops. I don't have an opened whiplash so i just used masking tape to help stencil in his stripes.

i used slightly modified guantlets from 200x M@a's left arm to help with making him more comic accurate. here's a WIP that I hope to have finished real soon

I chose to keep the sleeves on adam because I plan to recreate the scene of the reference page for my DC zodac. DC adam in that panel had the sleeves so that's what i went with.

I updated my barbarian he-man recently as well.

he's not finished yet until i wet-sand the arms a bit but I added a 200x M@a & Mechanech loincloth meshed together and I'd like to know some folks opinions of it now. (sorry about the crappy pics though, my camera is cheap and really sux tremendously with focus/lighting on the computer)

Last edited by Andy Adams; December 2, 2010 at 07:29am.
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Parker View Post
    PS: feel free to show off or talk about your own Mini-comic MotU Classics projects
    Here's a WIP that you may like

It's the wolf from the Masks of Power mini comic. I'm not going to finish it because the head doesn't feel quite right for that character, it's too big IMO. I've got another idea for the head though...

If someone's keen on this guy, it's an easy recipe:

Beast Man painted black with magenta drybrushing
    Yu-gi-oh (I think) Wolf head and tail

Sorry KP. End of thread-hijack

hijack away my friend this thread isn't about me, it's about the mini-comics characters.

If I may suggest, try using the mer-man neckpiece with fur skulpted on to cover the gap in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    It's the wolf from the Masks of Power mini comic. I'm not going to finish it because the head doesn't feel quite right for that character, it's too big IMO. I've got another idea for the head though...
    What other head are you considering? Ive been looking for ages. I had a Dr Who Wolfman, but that was too big too. I might for a real Schleich Wolf head.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    What other head are you considering? Ive been looking for ages. I had a Dr Who Wolfman, but that was too big too. I might for a real Schleich Wolf head.
    no clue whether they could fit or not, but a couple of options came to my mind:

jackal king (spawn series 33, age of pharaohs);
    wulv (stan winston's blood wolves series).

hijack away my friend this thread isn't about me, it's about the mini-comics characters.
    totally love this spirit. thumbs up, sir!
    ***Moderator note: please do not post back to back messages***

Marvel had a figure line with werewolves in it as well. I am pretty sure they did Wolverine as one and that head would be about the perfect size.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

If I may suggest, try using the mer-man neckpiece with fur skulpted on to cover the gap in the neck.
    I haven't got a spare one but Aves on the upper body might not go astray

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I might try and sculpt the MOP head from scratch at some stage. I've got a character in mind that needs a large wolf head though...

It is curious to see Trap Jaw in that colours, it looks cool. By the way, Adam in blue looks much better than with the filmation costume.

Thanks for the everyone. I like the wulv head.

WOW!

Amazing repaints - I NEED that Hordak!!!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

This is where í stranded on the Masks of Power figures.
    I focused on the little guys first:

Compare to a MOTUC:

I wanted to make those in front and the transformed one behind it using the same head like in the comic.

Dead in the water at the moment untill I find appropiate heads.

did you use a lotr gollum as base for the tiny kobold?
    i'm looking forward to see the set completed!

ps
    for the wolf head i forgot to mention the dog soldier werewolf by sota toys.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    ps
    for the wolf head i forgot to mention the dog soldier werewolf by sota toys.
    My thoughts exactly!
    They even come with 2 heads!!!
    One open mouth and one closed mouth.
    I ordered 3 of these guys to use as creatures for MOTUC.
    They are on discount at $5 each on BBTS. (both the brown & gray versions)

There's also the Real Ghostbusters Wolfman:
    Last edited by synthalus; December 8, 2010 at 05:33pm.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Thanks!
    They are sold out at BBTS though..
    Are the heads swappable?
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; December 8, 2010 at 05:47pm.

Eterniandreams, that looks awesome so far! I'm taken straight back to the mini-comic just looking at those pics

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Can't wait to see your finished tri-klops! you're really inspiring me to make my own!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I am working on a few customs that are all from the mini-comics.

I'm not quite ready to show them off yet, but this is just a teaser to hopefully show waht I'm aiming for.

All comments welcomed.
    PS: feel free to show off or talk about your own Mini-comic MotU Classics projects

WOW!!

THese are amazingly well done. Perfect!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I have a few quick questions

what color is mini-comic stratos' belt & wristbands

In one page of a mini-comic, stratos appears to have part of the jetpack (which I think I'll work around using magnets) but is this an error or do you guys believe it belongs...also what about the extra armbands on the wings

Also (if you can tell from the pic) is the color of his chest about the right color for his body

Hey Kent,

It looks like his wristbands are yellow, and he has a red belt from this picture. Hope this helps.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I am not familar with the comics but they look great. Good work.

OK OK OK.....I just went through this thread.....it's my new favorite thread. MINI-COMICS? amazing stuff here. I absolutely love the fact that the artist invites others to share in the thread----this is what a "community that shares" is about.

I dislike (immensely) the "competition" that customizing is becoming....this thread is a very VERY comfortable thread to visit!
    great work all around!

tyke

ps: I LOVE that red beast man! wow!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

glad to see your works again, kent!
    stratos/avatar looks very promising. i wouldn't use the extra armbands, well at least not glued onto the wings: that would limit the articulations just too much to me.

ps
    what about your tri-klops?