Thread: 2013 fan vote figure clarification from Mattel

2013 fan vote figure clarification from Mattel

Will the figure that the He-man.org fans voted for the 30th anniversary line be final or does Mattel have some veto power?

There may be some confusion here. In 2013 we will have a fan's choice slot. This slot will be voted on by anyone who purchases a 2013 sub during and around SDCC 2012 (when the sub goes on sale). There will be 8 slots to vote on. 6 slots will be from Mattel, 1 slot from the German fan sites and 1 slot from He-Man.org. Whomever wins this slot (out of the 8 choices) will be in the 2013 line.
    http://www.elkkthunderstoyroom.com/2...ember-1st.html

Hmmm...

Yep, that's how it's been. After the Org poll, the selection goes into a big poll for subscribers.

I really wish Orgers got to pick one of the actual 2013 figures, German fans one, Matty Collectors forums pick one, Fwoosh picks one, TNI picks one, etc, etc.
    But this current poll is a good start and I hope it's just the beginning in getting a lot more collector/fan input, especially since this is a collector's line.

Speaking of which, Adam is setting up the Org poll now. I hope to have it posted tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    Hmm this is the same information (8 figures to have 1 produced by vote =6 Mattel suggest, 1 Germans, 1 Org) I read 2 weeks ago from PlanetEternia.De (using translator) when I looked their Fan-Selection characters.

Where were we given the misinformation earlier? (I might have missed that)

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    See I assumed there were going to be three picked figures, one from the Mattel list, one from the Org list and one from the German Conglomerate.

Even the way they're going is fine, but I think it would have better for the three chosen figures as at least to the two big fan sites would have got a figure each.

Its going to be exciting nonetheless.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Just the fact they are involving us, is a big step in the right direction.

I do agree it would have been cooler to have a figure from the .org, but again, you have to crawl before you walk.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    So, anyone else get the feeling they are just going to end up loading the 6 Mattel slots with figures that would likely have been made anyways?
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Yeah, the way they are doing it isn't the most exciting way. Its okay though. I can't wait to participate in the org poll! I've been checking every day for it!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    So, anyone else get the feeling they are just going to end up loading the 6 Mattel slots with figures that would likely have been made anyways?
    That is my concern. Mattel will look up the 6 slots with what they may consider obscure to the average buyer, but isn't really obscure to the hardcore fanbase.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Hmm this is the same information (8 figures to have 1 produced by vote =6 Mattel suggest, 1 Germans, 1 Org) I read 2 weeks ago from PlanetEternia.De (using translator) when I looked their Fan-Selection characters.

Where were we given the misinformation earlier? (I might have missed that)
    Sorry, I was not aware of that information, and thus this was new news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I would think more like 6 characters that are already booked into the line's "roadmap", and the whole thing is just a stunt to get good PR, while making an already planned figure anyway.

Smoke and mirrors (though I hope it's genuine).

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    That is my concern. Mattel will look up the 6 slots with what they may consider obscure to the average buyer, but isn't really obscure to the hardcore fanbase.
    heck that's fine. .Orgers and the Deuctchers getting a nod is great.

And if they do front load their choices with only "sorta" obscure that's fine. As long as they are characters I want, I dont care how they validate releasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Speaking of which, Adam is setting up the Org poll now. I hope to have it posted tonight.
    Oh, I can't wait!

Adam has it ready. I'm in the process of writing up info about each character, etc.

I'll just sit here and refresh my browser continuously until the poll appears!
    END OF LINE

I can't wait to cast my vote! Thanks for the update.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Maybe I cant understand it well from English, but everybody who get a sub can get a vote? If I get 2 subs Ill get 2 votes?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Yay, Val! I can't wait!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm sitting here, fingers crossed and hoping the Josh character gets a nod by being included in this poll!

He got some votes, but Emiliano went onto the thread and spoke out against Josh being made, and I didn't get to offer a counter-response before the thread was closed a day later. I've been worried ever since....
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; December 3, 2011 at 05:16pm.

The poll results are.. interesting to say the least.

I think this is one of those situations where I hope they do it again, and the guidelines are better defined.

Penny Dreadful is helping me compile some of the info I need for the poll. After that, I'll get it posted on the main page.

I tried to be as comprehensive as I could, and run down why certain figures didn't make the cut, etc. I fully expect there to be tons of criticisms about the poll simply because the nature of it was a bit confusing, plus everyone is going to want to see their own choices present. But I hope overall, folks have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Maybe I cant understand it well from English, but everybody who get a sub can get a vote? If I get 2 subs Ill get 2 votes?
    I'm not sure they have clarified that you get a vote for each subscription you buy, but I certainly agree that that is a fair way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The poll results are.. interesting to say the least.

I think this is one of those situations where I hope they do it again, and the guidelines are better defined.

Penny Dreadful is helping me compile some of the info I need for the poll. After that, I'll get it posted on the main page.

I tried to be as comprehensive as I could, and run down why certain figures didn't make the cut, etc. I fully expect there to be tons of criticisms about the poll simply because the nature of it was a bit confusing, plus everyone is going to want to see their own choices present. But I hope overall, folks have fun with it.
    How many characters are getting included into the org poll?
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; December 3, 2011 at 06:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost