Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser-Light Skeletor in MOTUC NON-appreciation thread

Laser-Light Skeletor in MOTUC NON-appreciation thread

Normally I am trying to promote and build appreciation for obscure MOTU characters that I'd like to see released in MOTUC. Characters like Castle Grayskull's cardboard spacesuit, green Trap Jaw, Horder concept figure and most recently the Obelisk warriors.

This is not one of those threads!

Normally I want vintage MOTU and POP, 200x, concept, Monogram and mini-comic figures included in MOTUC. But not this time.

This thread is seeking fan support NOT to have the god-awful vintage abomination Laser-Light Skeletor included in MOTUC.

This is the one vintage figure in my collection I hate. This guy stinks worse than Horde Prime or Crocobite!

Sure, the gimmick is OK, light up eyes and hand and light-piping through the Havok Staff.

It is the execution and sculpting that I detest - the cyborg-ification of Skeletor - and do not want to see replicated in MOTUC.

Skeletor has always been a sword & sorcery type figure. Great power and magic was his thing. Using magic Skeletor already weilded powerful energy blasts. There was no need (either in canon or sculpting) in making a glowing Skeletor action feature for Mattel to turn him into a cyborg.

LLSkeletor breaks the mystery of Skeletor's floating head with a removable cloak/hood. Has wires and tubes sticking into every part of his body, not to mention one of the ugliest armor designs of all time. And totally unnecesary.

If Mattel wanted to reconsider it's 'no action features' rule I would be perfectly happy for a glowing LED eyes and light-up hand Skeletor, just not this cyborg-sculpted monstrosity that was the vintage figure.

This is one vintage figure IMO we do not need re-created for MOTUC. Who supports me in this campaign?
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; September 15, 2010 at 11:15pm.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Sorry, but I gotta disagree. I had never even HEARD of Laser Light Skeletor until I found the.org....so I want one! I feel like I missed out on something.

I'd have to see what the sculpt looked like after the 4H did their version. I am totally not impressed with the vintage version, however!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I 1000% want laser light skeletor and he-man!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Awww, why Swanmarsh, why?

I (unfortunately), don't own this Skeletor, but I think he's awesome. I like the theory that the longer he's a living Skeleton, he gradually decays and needs to find other ways to keep on living (cybernetic implants).

That, or Hordak reverses the magic keeping him alive so he has to Darth Vader/Frankenstein himself.

I love this and all NA Skeletors for this. Battle Blade Skeletor is the best Skeletor in my opinion!

So...I can't agree with you on this one Swanny.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

NA Skeletor makes Laser-Light Skeletor completely superfluous anyway, since they're both based on pretty much the same idea. And since I absolutely DO want a New Adventures Skeletor, I will gladly agree that LL Skeletor is not needed or wanted by me.

LL Skeletor and NA Skeletor have basically the same figure design. MOTUC will probably just kill two birds with one stone. All LL needs is a helmet and you have NA Skeletor. I definitely want one. I'm intrigued about what the sculpting will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    NA Skeletor makes Laser-Light Skeletor completely superfluous anyway, since they're both based on pretty much the same idea. And since I absolutely DO want a New Adventures Skeletor, I will gladly agree that LL Skeletor is not needed or wanted by me.
    Thanks. I'd personally prefer this not turn into a discussion/debate about NA. I fully accept NA was a distinct era & reimagination where its Skeletor was a cyborg. I dont want to open that can o' worms. Am just stickin' with the vintage MOTU Skeletor here folks, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Awww, why Swanmarsh, why?

I (unfortunately), don't own this Skeletor, but I think he's awesome. I like the theory that the longer he's a living Skeleton, he gradually decays and needs to find other ways to keep on living (cybernetic implants).
    But Darkspecter, given that he's merged with a demonic entity (Demo-Man) is decaying even an issue? The 4H have given us such an awesome Skeletor it seems such a travesty to wreck it by turning him into Roboto.

So...I can't agree with you on this one Swanny.
    Awww ...

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Sorry, but I gotta disagree. I had never even HEARD of Laser Light Skeletor until I found the.org....so I want one! I feel like I missed out on something.
    Hey bamf, wouldn't you feel happier going to ebay and getting a real, vintage, battery powered LLSkeletor than a non-action feature MOTUC version?

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I do want Laser Light Skeletor just because I want Laser He-Man complete with Mullet and I assume we'll get either both or none, so bring him on!!!
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

LMAO@Castle Grayskull's cardboard spacesuit ... man, that made my day!

Thanks. I'd personally prefer this not turn into a discussion/debate about NA. I fully accept NA was a distinct era & reimagination where its Skeletor was a cyborg. I dont want to open that can o' worms. Am just stickin' with the vintage MOTU Skeletor here folks, please?
    Understood. And I'm not trying to start up any NA debate or anything. But the two figures share a lot, stylistically. My position is that LL Skeletor will probably just be rolled into NA Skeletor, because of the extreme similarity of design.

IF there were a possibility of getting NA Skeletor and LL Skeletor as distinct figures -- I'd agree with you. I was never a fan of LL Skeletor in MOTU-proper. So if he were released as a separate figure from NA, I'd have no interest in him, myself.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    But Darkspecter, given that he's merged with a demonic entity (Demo-Man) is decaying even an issue? The 4H have given us such an awesome Skeletor it seems such a travesty to wreck it by turning him into Roboto.
    Maybe Hordak gets severely peeved and rips them apart, leaving Skelly for dead! Evil-Lyn and whomever is the tech guy for the villains, Frankenstein's him which increases his strength and is his frist step towards beating Hordak (which is in the bios)?

It could happen.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

"Don't touch the light socket." Little Timmy touches it.

"Eat your vegetables." Little Timmy doesn't eat his vegetables.

It doesn't matter what you ask someone, they will always do the opposite.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Maybe Hordak gets severely peeved and rips them apart, leaving Skelly for dead! Evil-Lyn and whomever is the tech guy for the villains, Frankenstein's him which increases his strength and is his frist step towards beating Hordak (which is in the bios)?
    I always kind of liked the idea of Skeletor eventually kind of.. deteriorating. Maybe having to do with his merging with Demo-Man, to use the current bio storyline. Demo-Man is essentially 'dead,' so those parts of Skelly that were warped and demonified (?) in that process are basically slowly dying as well.

That makes the need for the slow inclusion of cybernetic enhancements and replacements sensible and within the scope of the overall story.

I think it's a cool idea; though still not implemented well enough with the LL figure to be worth its own MOTUC figure.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    "Don't touch the light socket." Little Timmy touches it.

"Eat your vegetables." Little Timmy doesn't eat his vegetables.

I love this thread solely for the reason that it's a "non-appreciation" one. So sick of having to appreciate stuff all the time...gosh!

Swappable hand, extra Havoc Staff, and an extra head? That would probably be enough for me. Though maybe they'd call him Laser Light Skeletor and he'd have a Space Mutants faction sticker on his blister bubble? Or haveno faction sticker and be called LL Skeletor, and have the NA story in his bio?

But what this thread really needs is some pictures!

Laser Light Skeletor:

(NA) Skeletor:

Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Swappable hand, extra Havoc Staff, and an extra head? That would probably be enough for me. Though maybe they'd call him Laser Light Skeletor and he'd have a Space Mutants faction sticker on his blister bubble? Or haveno faction sticker and be called LL Skeletor, and have the NA story in his bio?
    I like all your scenarios. I highly doubt they would sculpt 2 completely different Skeletor's so I think it's a given that these 2 character's will be merged.
    I wonder if the Horde techno virus has something to do with his transformation?

I considered this the reason Hordak is able to transform himself, like in the filmation toon.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I saw a custom done on Laser light Skeletor (i think the guy was an orger) and it went up on ebay and have to say it was awesome. If i got a motuc anything like that i would be more then happy.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Thanks for the pics Josh. Its a pity the quality of the LL Skeletor pic is not so good that it understates the cyborg elements of tubes and wires and buttons all over Skeletor's skin.

Here is the point of comparison that I prefer:

Real Skeletor

LL Skeletor:

There's no doubt in my mind which figure I prefer to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I saw a custom done on Laser light Skeletor (i think the guy was an orger) and it went up on ebay and have to say it was awesome. If i got a motuc anything like that i would be more then happy.
    It was amazingly good, I saw it too.

And I agree with Swanmarsh, Laser Skelly was a great figure with lots of little details. Would love to see a high res pic of him.
    Always looking for new clients!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
    And I agree with Swanmarsh, Laser Skelly was a great figure with lots of little details.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    Isn't the Laser Skeletor-esque design a secondary NA design, behind the orange skull-head armour design?

Heroic Warrior
    The 4HM will do some magic, that LL Skeletor will look awesome!!!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I hope they release both LL Skeletor and NA Skeletor. They could both reuse alot of the same parts, for sure, but there are some differences between the two. LL Skeletor has a different armor, that is also painted bronze. His boots are also bronze. I think it's important to keep the two characters unique. It also shows an interesting evolution in the character's design.

LL Skeletor could reuse the lower half of NA Skeletor's body, as they are virtually identical. The red glowing hand could made using the NA Skeletor's right glove. The upper torso and head should be the regular MOTUC Skeletor, with a repainted Keldor cape and a new armor. The staff should just be a clear red version of the regular Havoc staff.

Laser Light Skeletor:

(NA) New Adventures Skeletor:

Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 16, 2010 at 09:14am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com