Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser-Light Skeletor in MOTUC NON-appreciation thread

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I want separate LL and NA Skeletor releases in MOTUC as well.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar

Here's my LL Skeletor alongside of LP He-man. I love these figures and I would go for a
    4H update on these anytime!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
    It was amazingly good, I saw it too.

And I agree with Swanmarsh, Laser Skelly was a great figure with lots of little details. Would love to see a high res pic of him.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Yeah, sorry to disagree with the original post, but LL and LP are the Skeletor and He-Man variants I'm MOST excited about. Battle Armor, Dragon Blast, Terror Claws don't do much for me; but bring on the crazy laser stuff!

I don't know why the other two pics didn't show up, so here they are.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Hm...I dunno, seems like not wanting this figure for those reasons would make it so that you wouldn't want NA Skelly as well. I realize you don't want an NA debate, but...these figures aren't that different, save for body style.

Anyway, I want NA over this one, if I had to choose, but I would not be against either alternate peices to make both, or actually making both (though I think it would be pointless). Personally, I LOVE the idea of Skeletor becoming a cyborg. Ever since NA Skeletor modified himself in the NA mini comic I've been a fan of the idea. It just really struck me, ya know? Skeletor has always been the hardest of the hardcore to me; my little mind back then just kinda built him up. The whole modification thing just threw that idea into overload. You just can't kill this guy! He will survive by any means necessary, even if he's gotta rip into his own body to keep himself alive.

Besides, as it has been stated in here, I've got my own personal story of Demo Man being ripped from his body when the power swords finally unite. He'll need to keep himself alive somehow (and a discarded vial of Techno-Virus from He-Ro would do the trick nicely...)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I could totally see them releasing Lazer Light Skeletor with all the light-up action as a con exclusive and use the same mold to release NA Skeletor without the light-up stuff and a different head sculpt and the Matty Collector.com version.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

This is when vintage MOTU went wrong. LL Skelly is so ugly-bad gimmick. Sorry but reminds me too much of what happened to the vintage line-it died. Then died again when they made him into a circus show and released the throw-up gross NA Skelly and other bad designs that came w/ that awful line. MOP

I can understand not liking the old toy cause of its weird sculpt, but remember that one of the points of MOTUC is to release classic toys with better, modern sculpting standards. So it's not really fair to compare LL Skeletor with MOTUC Skeletor. I imagine that LL Skelly would look great in the MOTUC style.

Also, if you don't like Skelly being a cyborg, too bad cause it's going to happen no matter what. There's no way that Matty isn't going to release NA Skeletor, and considering how similar these two are, I don't see why they wouldn't release LL as well.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Hm...I dunno, seems like not wanting this figure for those reasons would make it so that you wouldn't want NA Skelly as well. I realize you don't want an NA debate, but...these figures aren't that different, save for body style.
    Well, quite. Same deal as Toyguru's repeated pronouncements on vintage & 200X He-Man surely - they're the same design, just one is in a [strike]detailhyperanime[/strike] alternate style.

And don't the seven people who want an NA Skeletor want THIS design since it's the one that was used for the vast majority of the NA cartoon?:
    http://bustatoons.blogspot.com/2006/...-homework.html
    http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=785

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, quite. Same deal as Toyguru's repeated pronouncements on vintage & 200X He-Man surely - they're the same design, just one is in a [strike]detailhyperanime[/strike] alternate style.

And don't the seven people who want an NA Skeletor want THIS design since it's the one that was used for the vast majority of the NA cartoon?:
    Eh, who can say? I haven't been to every NA thread and read what they're saying. I've seen folks who want that version, and I'd be up for it as well. If it's only seven people, though, then I gotta meet these seven! They must be AWESOME.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

While I want that version more than "regular" NA Skeletor, they're definitely different enough in design to warrant 2 figures. LL Skeletor, though, in some respects actually seems to be more detailed than NA "regular" Skeletor.

And sometimes I just like to play Devil's Advocate.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Laser Light Skeletor is one of the coolest and creepiest toys of all time. I've wanted a loose one for a long time and hope to get a version of him in the MOTUC line(though it very likely won't light up). I even like the idea that a desperate Skeletor that failed with magic(or became weak of injured) looked to/accepted cybernetic implants for his quest.
    Born with a mustache in a Supernova

Although I like the idea of MOTUC version of LL Skeletor, the original sculpt is clearly awful. Though I do want to see both a classics NA Skeletor and classics LL Skeletor, maybe the best idea is one figure with swappable parts like Trap Jaw/Kronis? Different heads, arms, amour etc.

Although as far as his bio and justifiying the whole cybernetic Skeletor, I'm not a fan of Skeletor 'decaying'. I think it taks away from what he is and he's done fine as he is up till now. I'd find it more likely that after some sort of 'grave injury' that he gets repaired by someone and turned into a cyborg. Then you could undo that by saying when he recovers his strength or finds magical boost of some kind and discards the cyborg crutches so to speak. Although I would have that last bit at the end of New Adventures so he's back to his old self after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I would happily take both LL and NA Skeletor, but if they were combined into one figure (possibly using swappable parts for more effect), I would be OK with that.

Sorry Swanmarsh, I'm not with you on this one!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I suspect that MOTUC's formula would require that NA Skeletor and LL Skeletor to share most of their parts since they are so similar. Optikk and Man-E-Faces look more different to me and they appear to share a lot. They could easily use the same chest armor, and probably the same arms and legs with different colors. I'm sure the 4 Horsemen will make them both very cool, but my guess is that NA Skeletor would get a bonus figure release and LL Skeletor would get something more remote like a sub exclusive slot or something. As long as they make it easy to get both, I'm happy. I guess I'm also not on board with being against LL Skelly.

Sorry, but I really want a Laser Skeletor! He has to have some sort of light-up feature though, even if it's just light-piping for his eyes.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm just AMAZED at how badly the sculpting deteriorated by the end of the line. LL Skeletor is abysmal. NA had no impetus to give us good sculpts, they just wanted to capitalize on the He-Man name with a 3 3/4 (or close to it) size point.

The vintage LL Skelly was SO awful, it hurts my eyes!

That said, I'm sure the 4H could make him palatable. I don't want him, but I can't say I'd HATE him until I see what 4H can do with him.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I'm with the OP, this is a variant we don't need. But then I pretty much think that about every variant of everything, so....

sorry but I WANT LL skeletor but i want NA skeletor even more...more than any other skeletor actually.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'd buy that for a dollar, maybe even 25.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    I'd buy that for a dollar, maybe even 25.
    $30 with shipping

I gotta agree, I don't want either the Laser figures in MOTUC, I mean with out the action feature whats the point? But even with it I wouldn't be fussed. I do however want NA Skeletor.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Well it seems that ugly Laser-Light Skeletor sculpt never knew so much love until this thread came along!

Not sure why a separate "support" thread was created cos this one seems to have morphed that direction anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    LL Skeletor could reuse the lower half of NA Skeletor's body, as they are virtually identical. The red glowing hand could made using the NA Skeletor's right glove. The upper torso and head should be the regular MOTUC Skeletor, with a repainted Keldor cape and a new armor. The staff should just be a clear red version of the regular Havoc staff.
    If you are saying MOTUC LL Skeletor could be made without the ugly cyborg wires and tubes merged into his torso and head (and arms?) then that would certainly be an improved compromise over the vintage toy.

I never understood why Mattel felt the need to tech-up Skeletor as a justification for the Laser-Light action feature. As a magic user this was most unnecessary.

But one question I have is: is that armor or some sort of permanently attached life-support system? It certainly looks permanently attached to me.

A question for all those who do want cyborg LL Skeletor: is this a permanent evolution or in your canon can Skeletor revert back to a non-cyborg form?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

A question for all those who do want cyborg LL Skeletor: is this a permanent evolution or in your canon can Skeletor revert back to a non-cyborg form?
    I never really thought about it before, I just liked the figure (and like the idea of getting a MOTUC version of something that I'd never be able to afford an original of).

But now that you ask, how about explaining him as Skeletor suffering from a rare case of 24 hour Techno-Organic Virus?
    Last edited by Scotward; September 17, 2010 at 09:46am. Reason: someday I'll learn to type, I promise.