Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gygor - Sold out!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Gygor: SOLD OUT!

Well...I was wrong. Gygor went first. Makes sense because Chief Carnivus has subscribers getting him.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Gygor - Sold out!

I just checked on Gygor and he is sold out. It's 7:55 PM EST.

Also, when I was checking just now, I got the WSOD. Really? Almost 8 hours after the sale started?

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Hahaha wow can't believe you got a WSOD still, man that site is garbage
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

I'm not surprised that he sold out in less than a day, I am surprised that he went before Carnivus though!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    haha.. you beat me. i just saw this on mattys site. No WSOD tho! lol

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Well it might be said that it wasn't exactly a vintage month for MOTUC releases.

True that many, myself included, have Carnivus(s) covered by sub(s), but even so, I think Gygor was the far more appealing of the two and always suspected he would go first. Also, without wanting to open up a can of worms, I wonder if this is a reflection over the true level interest of heavy 200x connected characters? (see more here)
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Do you think Mattel will draw any bizarre conclusions from the $30 80's inspired prototype figure selling out faster than the $20 200x fan favorite?

It'll be interesting what comes out of Mattel in terms of commentary about this sale day.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Teh lien is killed?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Teh lien is killed?
    Only beasts going forward.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Well it might be said that it wasn't exactly a vintage month for MOTUC releases.

True that many, myself included, have Carnivus(s) covered by sub(s), but even so, I think Gygor was the far more appealing of the two and always suspected he would go first. Also, without wanting to open up a can of worms, I wonder if this is a reflection over the true level interest of heavy 200x connected characters? (see more here)
    You mean like Count Marzo who sold out in 50 minutes or Keldor who lasted a half hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Do you think Mattel will draw any bizarre conclusions from the $30 80's inspired prototype figure selling out faster than the $20 200x fan favorite?
    Well, that's two fan favorites that were slow to sell out. We've got the Goddess and Carnivus.

Carnivus will still sell out, I think all this debate about 200x influence in the line is crap, the success of Marzo and Keldor speak for themselves and there is much demand for Dactus and Ceratus other 200x characters that will sell out. In carnivus's defense he didn't get a whole lot of screen time, what was he in 2 or 3 episodes, I think if MYP had continued we would have gotten to see his characterization fleshed out more especially with his role in the COuncil of Good. I'm glad I got him today, he's a great addition to my collection!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Also, when I was checking just now, I got the WSOD. Really? Almost 8 hours after the sale started?
    I also got the WSOD about an hour ago when I went to see if anyone had sold out...I was using Safari, what about you?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post

It'll be interesting what comes out of Mattel in terms of commentary about this sale day.
    Given that Marzo and Keldor both sold out quickly, I would hope not. If the Mattel suits think a sell out of a few minutes is better than one of a few hours, they're idiots. A sell out is a sellout regardless of how long it takes.

But given they're still sticking up for DR after all this time.....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You mean like Count Marzo who sold out in 50 minutes or Keldor who lasted a half hour?
    But then again, they are both 200x characters whose sell-out times is noticably slower compared to the few-minutes sell outs of the majority of more "traditional" characters....

I dunno. Just throwing some theories about here
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Didn't Scott say he pushed for Carnivus?

With such an appalling sell out time (assuming he sells out), Scott might lose his job now.

(I'm joking, btw)

He lasted longer than I thought he would.
    I'm glad he sold out, and I'm glad he lasted longer.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    WOW!! That is just wrong.

A sell out is a sell out. Let's hope the rest of the year is as good as today

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    Given that Marzo and Keldor both sold out quickly, I would hope not. If the Mattel suits think a sell out of a few minutes is better than one of a few hours, they're idiots. A sell out is a sellout regardless of how long it takes.

But given they're still sticking up for DR after all this time.....
    I really think todays sale needs to be looked at independently. There is obviously something VERY wrong with Digital River this morning.

If you look at Facebook and posts here way too many people spent upwards of 2hrs trying to check out.

Without a doubt, not even needing to know what was going on internally Gygor would have sold quicker if Digital River was up to snuff.

This is the 3rd straight sales day where its taken longer than "normal", either the line is getting hotter or Digital River is getting worse.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

But then again, they are both 200x characters whose sell-out times is noticably slower after the production number increase compared to the few-minutes sell outs of the majority of more "traditional" characters.... ignoring He-man, Beastman, and Skeletor who took a few week each originally with less production numbers.

I don't think anyone expect Carnivus to sell out in mere minutes, but theb day is not over. Before the WSOD problems I was guessing 3-4 hours. If he holds on as long as Zodac (who is not even getting a true rerelease- just clearing out overstock) or the Goddess, they we can start worrying about the 200x effect.
    Last edited by Steph; September 16, 2010 at 04:00pm.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I don't think anyone expect Carnivus to sell out in mere minutes, but they day is not over. Before the WSOD problems I was guessing 3-4 hours. If he holds on as long as Zodac (who is not even getting a true rerelease- just clearing out overstock) or the Goddess, they we can start worrying about the 200x effect.
    Thank you.

But then again, they are both 200x characters whose sell-out times is noticably slower compared to the few-minutes sell outs of the majority of more "traditional" characters....

She-Ra was the first character with an upped production. So, that has to be taken into account. It's a whole new game now. What if Roboto takes 6 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I really think todays sale needs to be looked at independently. There is obviously something VERY wrong with Digital River this morning.

If you look at Facebook and posts here way too many people spent upwards of 2hrs trying to check out.

Without a doubt, not even needing to know what was going on internally Gygor would have sold quicker if Digital River was up to snuff.

This is the 3rd straight sales day where its taken longer than "normal", either the line is getting hotter or Digital River is getting worse.
    I agree, today was bad and it shouldn't have been judging by the figures last longer that should be equivalent to the site having less traffic, so why the WSOD? Ridiculous

Heroic Warrior
    I subspect the slower soldout time have something to do with the new queueing system. It seem that the average queueing time is much longer but once you get in, the checkout is much smoother. I think they finally gotten the right number to allow just the right amount of people in for ordering processing. There will be less errors caused by transactions overloading the system so it's good for both Mattel and its customers. But the new system simple can not process the same amount of orders as before so the figure will last longer. Not to mention production number must have ben increased also. And a lot of resellers would also change their mind when they see a figures last that long and still not sold out. That mean more figures for people who really want them.

Too bad though for someone who can't wait that long in the queue in front of the computers. In my case, I waited more than 20 minutes before I gave up and went to work. but lucky me they are still available when I got in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Everyone knew that Keldor was gonna go quick though for a few reasons at least....#1 he's essentially Skeletor so that has popularity all over it, #2 he wasn't a sub. figure so a boat load of people needed him, and #3 scalpers knew that they could cash in.

The only thing that I could say about the Marzo is that people we're still buying a bunch of extras along with the scalpers at the time Marzo hit, but as that happened the bottom totally fell out of on the resales and people to this day can't even get rid of him for $20.

That had a big effect on the sales of Carnivus today if you asked me as they have very similar appeal. Ebay doesn't even have that many for sale which speaks volumes. Resellers knew that if they bought him, they we're getting stuck with him and that without a doubt doesn't help things move any quicker.

They system today obviously slowed things down also so you have to take that into account as well.

There's a bunch of theories that we can all draw up and post and I'm sure that they all have an effect to some degree. It's just some of this and some of that.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; September 15, 2010 at 09:04pm.