Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser light skeletor support thread

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar

Laser light skeletor support thread

MY working LL Skeletor and LP He-Man aquired in early 2009

Ok, so we have a "non-support" thread for LL Skely, so how about one IN SUPPORT of the elusive electronic figure from Europe!

How many of you would go for a 4H update of the purple caped LL Skeletor and how much do the electronic light up features matter in a LL Skeletor MOTUC re-release? Obviously given the lack of "action features" in the MOTUC line and the additional cost associated with producing a figure like this, there are extra questions.

Would you pay a little extra, say $5-$10 for a LL Skeletor that included real light up features?

If not, what would be a suitable substitute for the light up feature? Perhaps something glow-in-dark?

I'd personally love to have a Skeletor re-release with this armor and enhanced detail based on this figure with a purple cape and a red havoc staff!

Your thoughts please...
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

These figures MUST be made for the new toyline!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=3968

MY working LL Skeletor and LP He-Man aquired in early 2009

Ok, so we have a "non-support" thread for LL Skely, so how about one IN SUPPORT of the elusive electronic figure from Europe!

How many of you would go for a 4H update of the purple caped LL Skeletor and how much do the electronic light up features matter in a LL Skeletor MOTUC re-release? Obviously given the lack of "action features" in the MOTUC line and the additional cost associated with producing a figure like this, there are extra questions.

Would you pay a little extra, say $5-$10 for a LL Skeletor that included real light up features?

If not, what would be a suitable substitute for the light up feature? Perhaps something glow-in-dark?

I'd personally love to have a Skeletor re-release with this armor and enhanced detail based on this figure with a purple cape and a red havoc staff!

Your thoughts please...
    Electronics would mean No toys for anyone whose address is not within continental US. I'd like GITD as a substitute. I've seen GITD Items glowing in a Reddish hue instead of the standard green. It would help the Transition to NA Skeletor... like LP He-Man would help to create a transition look to NA... (but with the He-Mullet head... I'm getting tired of the standard He-Man head.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

i wish i was as excited about this as in a few months ago, but i just stopped collecting this line.

But yeah, i'm still curious to see lp and ll skelie, in fact i started a few threads about it in matty's forums. Toyguru said they are definitely a possibility, but not planed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Electronics would mean No toys for anyone whose address is not within continental US. I'd like GITD as a substitute. I've seen GITD Items glowing in a Reddish hue instead of the standard green. It would help the Transition to NA Skeletor... like LP He-Man would help to create a transition look to NA... (but with the He-Mullet head... I'm getting tired of the standard He-Man head.)
    That's a great idea and something I had not thought about.

Also, I will loan out either of these figures to Pixel Dan for a comparison look in review if they are made in the MOTUC style. I PM'd him a while back with that offer and it still stands. If we're going to do it, we'll do it right with some nice examples. So, if ever Mattel gets to these, we'll have a complete review with some very rare vintage figures.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    glow in the dark or even just translucent plastic would be fine with me, i don't want action features ruining the articulation (still annoyed about roboto's lack of abs)

but these guys rock & i'd love to see them in the line. my LP he-man doesn't work anymore.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

They are both pretty much NA figures so i would prefer NA versions
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Yes I want them

I would love to see these two versions, they are classic in truest sense.

I really wouldn't mind if they merged LL Skelly with NA.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Slightly off topic, but any chance you could upload some new pics to his listing in the Collecting section of the site? (Since we saw how horrible the picture is in this thread's doppelganger.)
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yes I want him!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It could be cool. I'd be fine if he just had a transparent red staff and hand. He does look a lot like NA Skeletor, which could good and bad. They'd have shared parts, but what could the 4H do to make them look more different?

Though I would be 100% behind LP He-Man. That armor looks cool.

I like the idea that these two figures bridge the gap between The original line and New Adventures. If they were to make them, I think it would be great to let them be used for both the LP figures and the NA versions.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Laser Light was a much different concept than NA Skelly. LL was supposed to fill in for the movie version, basically, and was still a souped up MOTU Skeletor. NA Skelly was a twisted and deformed (obviously from some of the battles he lost) version with some kind of support suit that needs his own figure.

I'd really like to see the Fab Four do LL Skeletor, especially if they are allowed to sculpt a new head for him. THat particular noggin was the most menacing Skeletor we saw up until 2002 (and I'd still give the LL version a slight edge in creepiness).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    They should merge LL with NA. The differences are not enough. A NA Skeletor with a half traslucent arm (just like the sword of King Grayskull re-release) would work
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

i need those figures but please give them light no matter its 50 bucks each ( cmon the vintage ones are like 500 euros) so bring then back with lights
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyr112 View Post
    It could be cool. I'd be fine if he just had a transparent red staff and hand. He does look a lot like NA Skeletor, which could good and bad. They'd have shared parts, but what could the 4H do to make them look more different?
    Well, as I just posted in the non-appreciation thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Hm...I dunno, seems like not wanting this figure for those reasons would make it so that you wouldn't want NA Skelly as well. I realize you don't want an NA debate, but...these figures aren't that different, save for body style.
    Well, quite. Same deal as Toyguru's repeated pronouncements on vintage & 200X He-Man surely - they're the same design, just one is in a [strike]detailhyperanime[/strike] alternate style.

And don't the seven people who want an NA Skeletor want THIS design since it's the one that was used for the vast majority of the NA cartoon?:
    http://bustatoons.blogspot.com/2006/...-homework.html
    http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=785

Heroic Warrior
    I would 100% buy either of the laser versions. Skeletor looks gnarly!

I'd love to see LL Skeletor and LP He-Man!!

I don't think LL Skeletor should be the same figure as NA Skeletor, they are different enough to warrant two separate figures.

Also, I'd like to see both LL Skeletor and LP He-Man with the light-up features. I know that scenario isn't the most likely, but they could make them SDCC exclusives to cover the extra cost.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm a big fan of LL Skeletor and would love a version in the new line.
    Born with a mustache in a Supernova

The LL He-Man looks really cool to me. Both are merely costume changes. If they can/will do the light trick, they should do them. They are almost as elusive as Tytus and Megator...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

a Muppet of a man...
    I said this in the anti-thread as well, but these are the two variants of He-Man and Skeletor I'm most excited for!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    The LL He-Man looks really cool to me. Both are merely costume changes. If they can/will do the light trick, they should do them. They are almost as elusive as Tytus and Megator...
    Yes they are! It took me months to find these. The LL Skeletor was being sold with Megator at one point but I didn't have 2k to drop on figures that day. The LP He-man was the most expensive figure I've ever purchased! I love them both, they're awesome!

Yes, i really want laser Light Skeletor and NA Skeletor. I'd be happy if they merged the 2. Cyborg Laser Light Skeletor ... then all we'd need is Slush Head!