View Poll Results: would you like a gritty historical He-Man live action TV seiries?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lame!

1 20.00%
  • I guess... it would be something...

1 20.00%
  • Wow! would I ever!

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What about a STARS TV show for He-man?

What about a STARS TV show for He-man?

Is anyone a fan of Spartacus on STARS?

I think it'd be just as awesme to have an HBO, showtime, or Star's TV show about He-man the way I remember him in the mini comics...

Spartacus - He-man obviousy
    Oenomaus/Doctore - Man-At-Arms or Zodak
    Gannicus - Wun-Dar
    Crixus - He-Ro or Fisto
    Naevia - Teela
    Lucratia - The Sorceress
    Glabur - Skeletor
    The Egyptian - Tri-Clops
    Theocoles - Beast Man
    Ashur - Count Marzo
    Ilithyia - Evil-Lyn
    Rival ludis owners - Trap jaw (cyborg gladiators), Mer-man (freak-show gladiators), Whip-lash (reptilian gladiators), King hiss (snake-men gladiators)
    Ceasarof Rome - Hordak

What do you think?
    Last edited by Spartacus; April 9, 2012 at 10:32pm.

No to HBO they have a bad history of cancelling shows which we never got movies for they did it with Rome, Deadwood and Carnivale saying they were too expensive to keep doing. But yes I like this idea.
    Man-At-Arms: That's very interesting, but silly.

WE WANT NEW ADVENTURES AND MYP ON REGION 2 DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by red laser View Post
    No to HBO they have a bad history of cancelling shows which we never got movies for they did it with Rome, Deadwood and Carnivale saying they were too expensive to keep doing. But yes I like this idea.
    True, but I don't realy like HBO productions as of late. Wha the heck is True Blood still doing on the air??

STARS and showtime are where it's at...HBO is a has-been production company lately. They are as likely to produce an awesome He-man as Mattel would be doing one on their own...

I never like carnivale, but I watched the whole season with high hopes because it was an awesom concept. After the soprano's they lost their touch in hirng good writers. I wish Carnevale took off they way it should have

So, OK, scratch HBO... unless they could rival spartacus with a He-man barbarian gore and grit serieswritten by a real writer! Not to mention the alien/beast influence.
    Last edited by Spartacus; April 9, 2012 at 10:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Is anyone a fan of Spartacus on STARS?

I think it'd be just as awesme to have an HBO, showtime, or Star's TV show about He-man the way I remember him in the mini comics...

Spartacus - He-man obviousy
    Oenomaus/Doctore - Man-At-Arms or Zodak
    Gannicus - Wun-Dar
    Crixus - He-Ro or Fisto
    Naevia - Teela
    Lucratia - The Sorceress
    Glabur - Skeletor
    The Egyptian - Tri-Clops
    Theocoles - Beast Man
    Ashur - Count Marzo
    Ilithyia - Evil-Lyn
    Rival ludis owners - Trap jaw (cyborg gladiators), Mer-man (freak-show gladiators), Whip-lash (reptilian gladiators), King hiss (snake-men gladiators)
    Ceasarof Rome - Hordak

What do you think?
    I am a big fan of Spartacus and I always think several actors in this series could play several motu characters but in a movie not in a tv series.

I agree on almost all your options but I'd like varro as he-man and seppia as teela.

Ilithyia as Evil-Lyn is perfect.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Sadly the spartacus actor died which is the only reason that show isn't going still.
    Man-At-Arms: That's very interesting, but silly.

WE WANT NEW ADVENTURES AND MYP ON REGION 2 DVD.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red laser View Post
    Sadly the spartacus actor died which is the only reason that show isn't going still.
    Didn't they just replace the actor after he died of cancer? I'm pretty sure the show is still going.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

just finished the second season with a new actor playing Spartacus and he could play he-man.

spartacus_vengeance_2012_key02-691x1024.jpg

spartacus : vengeance in my opinion was a better season than the first one.

cast

Dibujo.JPG
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

You know, I was thinking, this would be agreat way to explain how He-man got his name... Adam of eternia captured by the Horde (roman) Empire to fight in the arena, and his stage name given to him is "The He-Man". Just like spartacus, Adam would reject the name in the beginning and spit his true name in the face of The faceless one (batiatus) his ludis master, only to get the new name beaten into him. Symbolically, Adam truely becomes He-man by accepting his path toward vengeance and using his new training and brother-hood with other horde captives turned arena fighters. Thus becoming "he-man and the masters of the universe" upon becoming a rebelious army to overthrow the Horde Empire. Upon vengeance against Keldor (Glabur) they become a true army and after 3 successful seasons of blood thirsty vengeance and battles, twisted relationships, and dramatic betrayals and bonds, onward to the movie:

"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Fall of the Horde Empire"

Keldor becoming Horde aprentice Skeletor, and a fully armed Masters army fighting for freedom of eternia from the clutches of the corrupt and ruthless Hordak and his greatest minions.

A sequel could follow where Skeletor survives the onslaught and gives rise t the forces of evil from the ashes of he fallen horde Empire:

"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - The face of Evil Reincarnate"
    Last edited by Spartacus; April 10, 2012 at 12:23pm.

While Spartacus is highly addictive and I love it to death, I can't imagine MOTU being able to be pulled off on a tv shows budget. Then again, Stargate SG did 10 seasons... and MOTU would be little more than a blend of the 2. So who knows, maybe it could work.... but this is the 'real' world.... I doubt it would ever come to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    While Spartacus is highly addictive and I love it to death, I can't imagine MOTU being able to be pulled off on a tv shows budget. Then again, Stargate SG did 10 seasons... and MOTU would be little more than a blend of the 2. So who knows, maybe it could work.... but this is the 'real' world.... I doubt it would ever come to be.
    Well, let's vote anyway you never know. There are writers, directors, CG animators, Producers, funding tycoons, and actors all in our age group now who grew up with MOTU.

We sould vote on how cool an idea it would be to have a sci-fi spartacus type of show for MOTU.

Spartacus on STARZ is on it's third season and it was pretty good. They have already said there is going to be fourth season after the season 3 finale.
    I don't know if it could exist on STARZ as the shows are too adult for a series like He-Man. As cool as it sounds to have He-Man cutting off heads then having naked sex with Teela afterwards it just isn't in the cards. A live action MOTU TV show sounds like something that would come on Saturday afternoons on SyFy. Plus what "historical" story would it be based on? There was an Ancient Rome and Spartucus is based in it. He-Man is a made up character on a made-up planet. There is no history to base it on. Unless you want to mix it with Greek, Roman and Asian-derived looks and stories then wanting a MOTU TV show to be a "historical" drama is an oxy-moron.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; April 10, 2012 at 02:40pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…