View Poll Results: Should Cringer Or Battle Cat Talk In A New MOTU Movie?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cringer & Battle Cat Should Talk!

52 39.39%
  • Cringer Should Talk!

3 2.27%
  • Battle Cat Should Talk!

9 6.82%
  • Neither Of Them Should Talk!

54 40.91%
  • Cringer Should Only Be In The Movie & He Should Talk!

1 0.76%
  • Cringer Should Only Be In The Movie & He Shouldn't Talk!

0 0%
  • Battle Cat Should Only Be In The Movie & He Should Talk!

0 0%
  • Battle Cat Should Only Be In The Movie & He Shouldn't Talk!

11 8.33%
  • Neither Should Be In The Movie!

2 1.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Cringer Or Battle Cat Talk In A New MOTU Movie?

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Both should talk... but only rarely. I don't want them to be some kind of comic relief.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Both He-Man and battleCat are big and menising, but Cat is going to find it easier to apologize for scratching.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Cringer should only be able to speak as Battle Cat just as Spirit is only able to speak as Swift Wind.

..You are mixing 'should-be's with 'has-been's.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    When I first saw He-Man MYP, I felt awkward at the fact Cringer & Battlecat couldn't talk, but the more I watched, the more I wished he hadn't talked in the original tv series. I'd prefer him not to talk, it makes him seem more ferocious as Battlecat if he can't talk.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    Cats cant talk...... ...but seriously... NO i think it would take away from the movie.... its ok(i guess) for the cartoon... but live action would just appear to be silly...

The Lion, in the Chronicles of Narnia would like a word with you.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Cringor needs to be scared and humble and Swift Wind needs to be proud and stubern.

The talking helps to make it absolutely clear.

Their pets/creatures need to show the emotions He-Man and She-Ra feel inside.

They should only be able to talk Telepathically! No one truely can hear them but they can hear each other like in beastmaster or some thing to that effect! In all aspects the creatures that fought along side the masters were very intellegent and seemed to understand every thing their partner said. Panthor never spoke and yet every time skeletor spoke to him/her panthor did as he wished and more! So I can see this happening more than the animals actually having open conversations like Mr. Ed! Orko also should be in the movie but with far less bumbbling and far less dialog, matter of fact he only talks in telepathy also so no one has to hear his voice!

No, they should both be in the movie, and neither should be able to talk. What a ridiculous concept. It's the single thing I like least about the 1980s show. Giant awesome tigers are just better if they don't talk.

It just makes for another character to develop, and when Eternia already has so many great characters to develop I just think the plot would be better spent on Adam and He-Man, or Teela, or Man-At-Arms, or the Sorceress, or any of the other characters that work best as sentient, unlike our hero's cat.

There are alot of quiet or secretive characters in Masters, developing 'cringors and stridors' is better for story emphasiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti:2539696
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    Cats cant talk......
    People can't gain powers through magical swords.

People can't survive for long periods of time without skin on their faces.

Horses can't fly.

There are no such things as floating trolls.

If you are looking for reality, you're in the wrong franchise.
    Amen, let cringer/ battle cat talk. If you want reality go back to the Nolan batman films!
    A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Amen, let cringer/ battle cat talk. If you want reality go back to the Nolan batman films!
    Yes, it's very realistic to save a city from destruction via weaponize hallucinogens by crashing a train, and survive a jump from the top story of a skyscraper, all while dressed as a giant bat.

No, nobody really cares about Realism in this type of movie and if they did it would get boring, you're right. Even the ones people consider "realistic", like Batman, aren't, not really.

But the reason Cringer shouldn't talk isn't because it's unrealistic. It's because he's annoying. When Adam has a pet giant tiger who is endlessly devoted to him, it's cute and kind of awesome. When He-Man rides a ferocious Battle Cat into a war zone, it's hardcore as anything. But when Cringer talks, he is annoying. When non-sentient Cringer is cowardly, it's cute, animal self-preservation. When sentient Cringer is cowardly, it's, well, cowardice. When non-sentient Battle Cat acts ferocious, it's awesome, hardcore animal instinct. When he can talk, it's some sort of bizarre bravado. It hurts the character in both his forms.

Not to mention it makes Adam some sort of evil brain-washer for turning Cringer into Battle Cat despite the former's pleas and claims of disdain for his more reckless state. No thanks.

As far as a live-action movie goes, I say no talking and
    no Cringer-turning-into-Battle-Cat.

The cool thing would be to have a young He-Man seeing an orange tiger cub (they
    don't turn green until adulthood) getting attacked by several large purple panthers (sign
    of things to come and gives Battle-Cat a particular hatred for Panthor)
    Luckily, he stumbles backwards down a hill and escapes becoming dinner.
    He-Man finds him, dusts him off and jokingly calls him "Cringer" because the
    tiger is very whiny right now and scared of him. The mother is nowhere to
    be found so He-Man keeps him.
    That becomes his name until he is fully grown, fully green, and is trained
    for combat and ferociousness.
    When kick-ass time comes, he gets his cool armor, and He-Man says "Let's
    go, 'Battle-Cat' "

I love that its practically 50/50 on this I could handle talking so long as its not lame dialog filler nonsense But I'm more with the people who want BC to be this" savage fighting tiger "that whats on the box isnt it? he doesnt need to talk my cat gives me head butts to my head when were eye to eye I know its a sign of affection without him saying so. Basically so long as he's all business in battle who cares...
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Cats also eat fish, alsoo dead fish. yum

..but cats are earth creatures.

I would say the species needs to be called -cringor- and the pet is affectionatly reffered to as 'cat'.
    (a cat would be something NASA Leut. Marlena would tell her kids about)

Hmm not sure I agree with you. The reason he is called Cringer is because he is a coward and likes to hide (cringe) whenever there is danger and seeing as they are giant green tigers, which judging by their teeth and claws I guess are carnivorous, I don't think cowardice is something inherent to the breed so calling them "Cringors" would just be wrong.

As for the original question I can't say I would be bothered either way. I actually liked Cringer / BC in filmation (he and Orko were 2 of my fave characters) and found his voice to be quite cute. However I also liked the non-talking more traditional pet cat / tiger from MYP so..ya I would be fine either way just as long as whatever way they do they do it right.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I think it all, honestly depends on how you do He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    The Lion, in the Chronicles of Narnia would like a word with you.
    so powerful in that movie. they did the "talking cat" thing so seamlessly.... i loved it..

I can't decide. The kid in me will always demand a talking Battle Cat/Cringer.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I think cringer should be silent but Battle Cat should totally talk! The POG transforms him into a beast and gives him the ability to talk ala Metaphorical Jesus Lion in Narnia. It would add to the whole fantasy thing and can be done in a non-cartoony way.

Thrashor things they/he should talk. Anything can be done well, it just needs to be treated properly. I'd like the film to stay true to the original cartoon personally, since the other film did not at all. Fans want to see their heroes and villains represented correctly. You'd not even need to have a lot of Cringer and battle cat chat, just a few words here and there will do it.
    The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!