View Poll Results: Do You Like MOTUC Clawful!!!

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clawful Is One Of The Best Toys For MOTUC!!!

42 26.92%
  • I Like MOTUC Clawful!!!

84 53.85%
  • I Dislike MOTUC Clawful!!!

20 12.82%
  • Clawful Is One Of The Worst Toys For MOTUC!!!

10 6.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Like MOTUC Clawful!!!

Do You Like MOTUC Clawful!!!

There are some claiming that Masters Of The Universe Classics Clawful is the worst figure for this toyline. I'm curious how many of you feel that way.

Do You Like MOTUC Clawful???

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 9, 2011 at 06:52pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Awww, no "I like Clawful, but wish he had a 200X head" option?

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

He looks great. Though I'd rather have had a 200x head than the shield.

Or else, he would look even better if he'd been tweaked in the same way Whiplash & Webstor were.

For details, see http://he-man.org:81/forums/boards/s...d.php?t=207087
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Awww, no "I like Clawful, but wish he had a 200X head" option?
    This isn't about 2002 and what is not there. This is about MOTUC and what is there. Giving a bad review to this toy because he is, in "your" opinion, missing something is like giving a bad review to a movie because your favorite actor wasn't in it.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I like him, he's goofy in a similar way to Buzz-off.

He brings a new arm mechanic to the table that I imagine will be seen again at least on Jitsu and Fisto. His texture really stands out on his claw, head, and shoulders.

Plus new armor and accessories which may or may not get reused down the line in say, a Karikoni army builder pack, or the mace being a prime candidate for repaint in a future weapons pack.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Another awesome villain in the MOTUC line!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I love 'em! However, I'm still with the group who thought he could use a 200X head. I wouldn't use it, personally, but he's lacking without it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    This isn't about 2002 and what is not there. This is about MOTUC and what is there. Giving a bad review to this toy because he is, in "your" opinion, missing something is like giving a bad review to a movie because your favorite actor wasn't in it.
    Your poll is however you see fit to run it. However, my review isn't negative. It's akin to saying that "I like Revenge of the Fallen, but wished it had a better story." or "I like WWE, but I wish the wrestlers had more charisma". Some might exaggerate in the heat of the moment, but I don't think anyone hates Clawful figure itself; they wish he had an alternate choice for a head.

I would rather vote that "I like the figure, but wish he had a 200X head" because that's far more accurate than "I like MOTUC Clawful", which I would, but I think he's lacking. I'm not going to choose "I hate MOTUC Clawful", because that's not accurate either.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I totally love MOTUC Clawful. He'll look awesome next to my vintage one. Although I had liked to get a modern head as well to go with the staction (who remains my absolute favourite).
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I don't not like him. I think his body looks amazing. Not fond of the head. Since there isn't any middle ground option, I voted LIKE.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I think he's great. Can't wait to get him.

There are some things I would change with the head but over all I like him.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

the body is ok...but the face looks like a Muppet....
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

I like him. the staction and the 15" statue are the BEST renditions of the character IMO, but I dig this crab.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    From the Neck Down I LOVE this Figure......From the Neck up I HATE it! since that wasnt an option....I had to go for 'Clawful Is One Of The Worst Toys For MOTUC!!!'
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Your poll is however you see fit to run it. However, my review isn't negative. It's akin to saying that "I like Revenge of the Fallen, but wished it had a better story." or "I like WWE, but I wish the wrestlers had more charisma". Some might exaggerate in the heat of the moment, but I don't think anyone hates Clawful figure itself; they wish he had an alternate choice for a head.

I would rather vote that "I like the figure, but wish he had a 200X head" because that's far more accurate than "I like MOTUC Clawful", which I would, but I think he's lacking. I'm not going to choose "I hate MOTUC Clawful", because that's not accurate either.
    I totally agree. Not a bad figure, he needs an alternative head.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I've never been a huge fan of Clawful myself, so I can't say I"m really into him. The 4H did a great job as usual, but I have to concur on the head. Much like Buzz Off, he would've looked better with a 200x inspired head.

Put me down in the category for liking MotUC Clawful. Sure a 200X head would be a bonus but i'm happy with the way he looks. The only tiny 'complaint' if you will is that instead of a black dot for his pupils, i'd like to see a little extra detail in the pupils.

I really believe he'll look even better in person and with his red colour scheme, he'll break up the blue and green hues nicely.

I can't vote in this poll. I like the figure, but I hate his muppet head. I love it on the vintage figure, but I don't like it on the classics figure.

If there was an option for "I like the figure but I hate his muppet head and want a 200x head" I could vote. Sorry.

That's literally the only problem I have with this figure. It's the goofy head. He's perfect from the neck down. I'll still love him when I get him, but I hate his head. It's one of the worst design decisions in the line. Along with Buzz-Off's goofy face and King Hsss' pathetic snake torso.

I find him so disappointing. Compared to the stacton he seems rubbish. Great for people who want taller 80s figures but I had hoped for a little improvment especially on the face.

Look at the detail under Trike's visor, the grim-set expression on his face - what a fantastic updated-vintage head sculpt! Look at Skeletor's actual teeth compared to the stitch-like mouth the vintage toy has, & the decayed colouring on the skull compared to the Halloween-style make-up. Whiplash's head has a harder, firmer look; fangs pointer - just a touch more brutal! (& I much prefer the vintage-update head then the 200x extra head he got). Look at Evil-Lyn's face & the level of detail on her eyes, compared to the 80's toy - wow! And check-out Teela's beautiful, almost hard, look - compare that to the babyfaced 80's toy! So many more got excellent head-updates - Scareglow, Beastman, the list goes on & on. Many of these tweaks were minor, but they were skillful & appropriate. Kudos to the 4H for those!

Now look at muppet Clawful! How disappointing.

Sure, his nose is a bit broader. Perhaps his jaw a bit firmer. And his teeth are all bright-white. Very very minor tweaks.

I, too, paused over Clawful. But now I've seen that his big pincer has an action feature & is not even poseable, I'll pass on the crab-man. There's too much wrong with him, & the ugly, brought out of no-where shield is almost an insult.

All IMHO
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    I like the design of the body and weapons but I don't like his head.
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

I actually like him a lot.

I completely understand why some people would like a different head.
    But I love this one just as it is.
    Bill :: guitargod694

I have no complaints about this incarnation of Clawful. I like the figure and he's still one of those essential C-list characters for me.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard, Darius, the rest of New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I feel Clawful is one of the best looking toys for this line(although I'm still not in love with his "prehistoric ladybug" shield).

JOIN THE GROUP...