View Poll Results: Which Is Your Favorite Version Of Skeletor From TV Or Movies?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation!

79 45.93%
  • Movie!

26 15.12%
  • DiC!

2 1.16%
  • MYP!

54 31.40%
  • I Like Them All The Same!

10 5.81%
  • I Dislike Them all The Same!

1 0.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Is Your Favorite Version Of Skeletor From TV Or Movies?

Which Is Your Favorite Version Of Skeletor From TV Or Movies?

Which Is Your Favorite Version Of Skeletor From TV Or Movies?

FILMATION

MOVIE

DiC

MYP

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

FILMation all the way!!

I also love the way he was portrayed in the movie, it was near perfect.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    such a tough call between filmation skelly and movie skelly. but i gave a slight edge to the movie version because he did things that i ALWAYS wanted to see skeletor do - like taking over grayskull and transforming himself with the power sword.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Filmation is the one I'm most familiar with...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    MYP. He didn't take no crap from his Evil Warriors (except Evil-Lyn, but not at Filmation levels) and could give He-Man a fight on a consistent basis.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    MYP! gave Skeletor an origin. hes a master sorcerer & a great swordsman. hes is truly evil. love his evil laugh.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    87 Movie Skeletor is by far the best. He was absolutely menacing. In contrast it's hard to take any of the others seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He didn't take no crap from his Evil Warriors (except Evil-Lyn, but not at Filmation levels) and could give He-Man a fight on a consistent basis.
    Sounds like you're talking about the movie Skeletor.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 19, 2010 at 01:18pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Filmation put Skeletor on the map! LOVE his evil laugh! Alan O was the only real Skeletor. The rest are imitations!

FYI

After Filmation, I'd go with the movie followed by MYP.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Filmation put Skeletor on the map! LOVE his evil laugh! Alan O was the only real Skeletor. The rest are imitations!

FYI

After Filmation, I'd go with the movie followed by MYP.
    You speak the truth. I'd actually put NA Skeletor's voice over MYP's but I just can't get over his bug eyed design.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I agree.

1) Filmation
    2) Movie
    3) MYP
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Filmation all the way. That's THE Skeletor for me. All other incarnations are pale imitations of ol' bonehead.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

MYP by a smidge over Filmation, the reason being, as MGM said, he could give He-Man a hard fight.
    (Although I think Filmation version had a wider range of abilities and was also a master inventor.)
    Both are much better than the movie version, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Sounds like you're talking about the movie Skeletor.

Hey...both Skeletors didn't suffer fools without penalty. This is what would have happened to the Filmation villains if they mocked Skeletor to his face.

Hey...both Skeletors didn't suffer fools without penalty. This is what would have happened to the Filmation villains if they mocked Skeletor to his face.
    Did any of those villains in that picture die during the show? MYP was a poser. He was no more ruthless than the Filmation Skeletor. He pretended to be but it was all show. MYP was a kid wearing a leather jacket & playing "tough" on the school playground. He looked tougher & sounded tougher but when it came time to fight, he was just "wimpy" as the kids who didn't like to fight. He was also a lot less likable than they were as well.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Did any of those villains in that picture die during the show? MYP was a poser. He was no more ruthless than the Filmation Skeletor. He pretended to be but it was all show. MYP was a kid wearing a leather jacket & playing "tough" on the school playground. He looked tougher & sounded tougher but when it came time to fight, he was just "wimpy" as the kids who didn't like to fight. He was also a lot less likable than they were as well.
    Skeletor was better off in MYP. Better he rule through fear and intimidation with constant punishment for failure than killing his help off (movie Skeletor) or his help walking all over him (Filmation Skeletor). And let's not forget that MYP Skeletor could give He-Man a consistent decent fight. Not to mention sword fighting He-Man AND Randor at the same time.

Besides, I thought you haven't seen MYP except for the pilot?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 20, 2010 at 09:04pm.

Skeletor was better off in MYP. Better he rule through fear and intimidation with constant punishment for failure than killing his help off (movie Skeletor) or his help walking all over him (Filmation Skeletor). And let's not forget that MYP Skeletor could give He-Man a consistent decent fight. Not to mention sword fighting He-Man AND Randor at the same time.

Mega, when did Skeletor's help "walk all over him?" Sure there was the occasional rebellion just like in MYP, but Skeletor always whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.

Now in MYP when Skeletor forgave Evil-Lyn for nearly getting him killed by King Hiss, that was completely out of character. It's an example of Skeletor not being any harder/more menacing than his Filmation version.

Also, King Hiss defeated the more "menacing" MYP version of Skeletor in less than 30 seconds. I think both the MYP and Filmation Skeletors had their moments of wimpiness.

I prefer Filmation Skeletor because he knew when to be scary and when to be funny. MYP was more flat, but that's just my humble opinion.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

I'm all about the MYP Skeletor! That's my fav!

Filmation Skeletor is great when I want a good chuckle, though!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post

Filmation Skeletor is great when I want a good chuckle, though!
    I love the quote in your signature! "I don't want to feel good. I want to feel EVIL!"
    RIP Andy Conrad.

You rule with fear when you "make an example" of certain people(anyone familiar with organized crime knows that). Unless he started killing the help, why would an Evil Warrior fear Skeletor? They get "spanked" a few times and it's back to status quo for them. I'm not going to pretend that the Filmation Skeletor was the biggest badass in cartoon history, but he had, imho, ingenious voice acting behind him & a ton of charisma to spare. If you want to continue with who's tougher(I feel Frank Langella's Skeletor would rule them all), which Skeletor is a burn victim who had to run to someone for help after he got splashed with his own acid?

You mention that "MYP Skeletor could give He-Man a consistent decent fight". In the past you've said that MYP He-Man was better than Filmation's since he wasn't a "god". Then you say MYP's Skeletor was better than Filmation's since he could kick MYP He-Man's butt. Why is one toon better when the villain is tougher than the hero but vice versa makes it poorer? It really just seems like a matter of preference than something that could actually be a positive or a negative. The hero ends up always winning in both series so the point is moot.

I'm 100% positive I've never said that. I watched every episode of MYP's toon as they aired. I wasn't happy with the show even back then but since it was He-Man, I kept watching. From the clips I've seen of it over the years, I like it even less now. It also has been less than 10 years since I saw it so I really don't need a refresher course like you suggested in the "Which Is Your Favorite Version Of He-Man From TV Or Movies" thread. Since I can count on one hand the things I like about MYP's toon, there's no point in me starting a thread where I view it again. MYP fans will be annoyed since it will look like trolling & those who dislike MYP will just say "I agree". That doesn't contribute anything other than causing more "us" VS "them" arguments.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 21, 2010 at 12:57am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I love the quote in your signature! "I don't want to feel good. I want to feel EVIL!"
    That's the kind of stuff I love Filmation Skeletor for!

I don't really know NA Skeletor well. I seem to recall his voice being odd... That being said, I love Skeletor in all incarnations! He's my freakin' hero!

I can't wait for a new movie, but so help me... if they screw with Skeletor like they did Cobra Commander... Excuse me, I must calm myself...
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

You rule with fear when you "make an example" of certain people(anyone familiar with organized crime knows that). Unless he started killing the help, why would an Evil Warrior fear Skeletor? They get "spanked" a few times and it's back to status quo for them. I'm not going to pretend that the Filmation Skeletor was the biggest badass in cartoon history, but he had, imho, ingenious voice acting behind him & a ton of charisma to spare. If you want to continue with who's tougher(I feel Frank Langella's Skeletor would rule them all), which Skeletor is a burn victim who had to run to someone for help after he got splashed with his own acid?
    I counter that with the second season Filmation Skeletor, where he's mostly phoning his plots in and more interested in humor than evil deeds. If Clawful is saying to Skeletor's face how he's going to take over one day and nothing is done about it, then something's wrong.

As far as Frank Langella's version, he couldn't fight both He-Man AND someone else at the same time. Skeletor had to be a god in order to fight He-Man, something that the MYP Skeles does regularly.

You mention that "MYP Skeletor could give He-Man a consistent decent fight". In the past you've said that MYP He-Man was better than Filmation's since he wasn't a "god". Then you say MYP's Skeletor was better than Filmation's since he could kick MYP He-Man's butt. Why is one toon better when the villain is tougher than the hero but vice versa makes it poorer? It really just seems like a matter of preference than something that could actually be a positive or a negative. The hero ends up always winning in both series so the point is moot.
    No it isn't. A harder struggle is more entertaining to some people than an easy struggle.

I'm 100% positive I've never said that. I watched every episode of MYP's toon as they aired. I wasn't happy with the show even back then but since it was He-Man, I kept watching. From the clips I've seen of it over the years, I like it even less now.
    I haven't watched an entire MYP episode since it first aired.
    Sorry, Skotoki. I took you literally and thought you meant you hadn't seen MYP since the pilot.

It also has been less than 10 years since I saw it so I really don't need a refresher course like you suggested in the "Which Is Your Favorite Version Of He-Man From TV Or Movies" thread. Since I can count on one hand the things I like about MYP's toon, there's no point in me starting a thread where I view it again. MYP fans will be annoyed since it will look like trolling & those who dislike MYP will just say "I agree". That doesn't contribute anything other than causing more "us" VS "them" arguments.
    I disagree. There are some good discussions and insights that I got from re-watching the Filmation shows, even though MYP is my preferred series. I saw the entire Filmation series in 2006-2007 when they were first released. I'd rather base stuff from fresh memories.

Mega, when did Skeletor's help "walk all over him?" Sure there was the occasional rebellion just like in MYP, but Skeletor always whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.
    I'm thinking mostly of how the Filmation Evil Warriors talk down to him on a regular basis (at least in season 1).

Now in MYP when Skeletor forgave Evil-Lyn for nearly getting him killed by King Hiss, that was completely out of character. It's an example of Skeletor not being any harder/more menacing than his Filmation version.
    I don't think so. MYP Evil-Lyn is the one character who could consistently question Skeletor without getting punished (anyone else would have gotten blasted). Since she and Keldor once had a history, I don't think it was out of character.

Also, King Hiss defeated the more "menacing" MYP version of Skeletor in less than 30 seconds. I think both the MYP and Filmation Skeletors had their moments of wimpiness.
    I'd say that's more of a case of King Hsss being that powerful (with magic as ancient as the Elders) than Skeletor being wimpy. King Hsss beat the Sorceress and didn't think much of He-Man either with that "You're no King Grayskull" comment. He's beating the top three people on the planet in the Filmation universe.

I prefer Filmation Skeletor because he knew when to be scary and when to be funny. MYP was more flat, but that's just my humble opinion.
    When Pixel Dan does his Filmation Skeletor imitations on RGD, it is pretty funny since that Skeletor is that goofy.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 21, 2010 at 06:49am.

The movie closely followed by MYP.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I don't think so. MYP Evil-Lyn is the one character who could consistently question Skeletor without getting punished (anyone else would have gotten blasted). Since she and Keldor once had a history, I don't think it was out of character.

I'd say that's more of a case of King Hsss being that powerful (with magic as ancient as the Elders) than Skeletor being wimpy. King Hsss beat the Sorceress and didn't think much of He-Man either with that "You're no King Grayskull" comment. He's beating the top three people on the planet in the Filmation universe.

I think the premise of a more menacing Skeletor is interesting, but the MYP version doesn't live up to that image, IMO. His sentimental feelings which lead to forgiving Evil-Lyn show me he is not as ruthless as you believe. Yes, they had a past, but for a character with no scruples, that shouldn't have made a difference. The MYP Skeletor was just as subject to sympathy as Filmation's Skeletor.

Yes, King Hiss was supposed to be a horrible threat, but Skeletor didn't even get to throw one punch. He was defeated too easily and never tried to take Hiss on in combat again. This hints to me that he was afraid of Hiss. I really REALLY wanted Skeletor to take Hiss down, but the MYP Skeletor didn't seem interested in this.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Movie Skeletor was, by far, the most menacing, EVIL version of Skeletor we've yet seen. He's my favourite, no doubt.

Filmation Skeletor comes in second, as I feel he was voice-acted extremely well. Lots of charisma poured into that version of him, but he seemed far less evil (as an adult, as a child I found him quite menacing).

MYP comes in third, as it's kind of a cross between decent voice acting and being more evil than Filmation, but less evil than Movie.

NA Skeletor doesn't place, for me. I -enjoy- his character, but I prefer Skeletor to be evil rather than outright crazy, which is how NA Skelly comes off, to me.