View Poll Results: Which Is Your Favorite Version Of Skeletor From TV Or Movies?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation!

79 45.93%
  • Movie!

26 15.12%
  • DiC!

2 1.16%
  • MYP!

54 31.40%
  • I Like Them All The Same!

10 5.81%
  • I Dislike Them all The Same!

1 0.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Is Your Favorite Version Of Skeletor From TV Or Movies?

Movie Skeletor all the way! He was so delicously evil in the movie. Why was it in the 80's the bad guys were pathetic in the regular show but kicked major butt when movie time came around?
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Filmation all the way, but they are all pretty good.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    It would have to be either Filmation or Movie for me. Filmation for nostalgia as much as anything, but before everything had descended into slapstick in the second season, some of the early episodes actually show Skeletor as a force to be reckoned with.
    The movie version is actually really cool, a real menace. Even many movie-haters seem to often cite Skeletor as one of the things that actually did work with the movie.

DiC... well I'm not a NA fan anyway, so many it's not a fair fight, but that version of Skeletor just seemed wrong on so many levels.
    The MYP version had his moments, but just seemed too cold (not cold as in evil, more as in cold hard to enjoy watching).

For me the "best" Skeletor hasn't been on-screen, but was the cackling "demon from another dimension" of the early mini-comics.
    Last edited by Spacedust; June 2, 2012 at 09:05am.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    For me the "best" Skeletor hasn't been on-screen, but was the cackling "demon from another dimension" of the early mini-comics.
    Word! Mini comic Skeletor or Skeletor from the original package paintings.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Word! Mini comic Skeletor or Skeletor from the original package paintings.
    Yes- wish those options were part of the poll!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    MYP by a smidge over Filmation, the reason being, as MGM said, he could give He-Man a hard fight.
    (Although I think Filmation version had a wider range of abilities and was also a master inventor.)
    Both are much better than the movie version, imo.
    MYP Skeletor was so bad bad*ss! When Skeletor took on both He-Man and King Randor in the episode "Underworld", I had no doubt that this was my definitive version of Skeletor.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Movie Skeletor by far. When the movie first came out, I instantly fell in love with the version. It was just the whole combo of the look and voice...plus he was ruthless. He kills Saurod without much of a thought. THIS was the Skeletor I wanted all along. He took over all of Eternia, captured the Sorceress, and seized Grayskull.

The Filmation version was just too comical. He was supposed to be Overlord of Evil but he never really accomplished anything. He always lost and it was like the heroes never really feared him. The MYP Skeletor corrected a lot of those mistakes yet again he still wasn't "evil" enough for my tastes.

So:

1.Movie
    2. MYP
    3. Filmation
    4. NA