Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 018 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 018 Discussion!

Episode 018 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, "Pixel Dan" Eardley, Emiliano Santalucia and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

First we cover Digital River ordering problems during the Gygor & Chief Carnivus sale on September 15th.

Then, we dive into fan voicemail and e-mail!

After that, we discuss a few more MOTUC bios. This time, Trap Jaw, Wun-Dar and Moss Man.

Then we cap off the meal with part 2 of our interview with one of the creators behind Masters of the Universe, Ted Mayer! You won't want to miss it!

A few "highlights" of the show:
    • The Podcast Sniffer revealed!
    • Bread baking ray gun!
    • More pigeon love!

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

And as always, you'll enjoy some extra seasoning with this episode's Fanart of the week, Collectible of the week and Fansite of the week!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 018

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

7 more hours of work - then it's dinner time!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Plugging in now....

The Pigeon love is the highlight of this episode, no offense Mr. Mayer!

Cool, I'm just gonna finish today listening to all previous episodes! Will download this one after work!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Why "fur"?

Well: "his “fur” of forest green to fool and frustrate his wicked foes!"

I am gonna have to take pics of this pigeon love spot for educational purposes!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

first...thx for mentioning me in episode 17

but this episode is the best yet (imo)

i´m a fine artist myself and i share the exact opinion on modern-art as Val
    especially about Picasso...and i loved the talk about jazz

looking forward to the next episode

oh, and Eamon...
    Last edited by THE RAW; September 23, 2010 at 10:38am.

You guys spoil us rotten!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Emiliano is crazy about the super balls!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Since it was brought up I would just like to point out that while they resembled animals in the Golden Compass and did indeed talk they were not actually 'animals' but were the physical embodiments of the persons soul that happened to take the form of animals. When the person was a child and they had not yet become the person they were destined to be (whether that be a brave, evil, two-faced person or whatever) the soul /animal was able to change forms because it wasn't stuck to one particular form. When a person reached adulthood their soul was basically stuck in one form which revealed the kind of person they were.

Ok it could be argued that they are talking animals I am just pointing out that they are not animals as in something the characters bought in a store or something.

Oh and...nice new intro

also I know I have probably said this before but I also don't like the idea of multiple He-Men through the years because it lessens Adam as it makes him just another He-Man and possibly not the last. The only thing that Adam has managed to do is unite the two halves to unlock the full power but he is still just another He-Man in the line
    Last edited by wolfsfang; September 23, 2010 at 12:04pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Emiliano is crazy about the super balls!
    Bill :: guitargod694

I think we need a pic of Emiliano's super balls!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I think we need a pic of Emiliano's super balls!

Would that be posted in the Tar Swamp?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I love the impersonations! I really like Dan's Filmation Skeletor and Eamon's Count Marzo and Mer-Man!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Since it was brought up I would just like to point out that while they resembled animals in the Golden Compass and did indeed talk they were not actually 'animals' but were the physical embodiments of the persons soul that happened to take the form of animals. When the person was a child and they had not yet become the person they were destined to be (whether that be a brave, evil, two-faced person or whatever) the soul /animal was able to change forms because it wasn't stuck to one particular form. When a person reached adulthood their soul was basically stuck in one form which revealed the kind of person they were.

Ok it could be argued that they are talking animals I am just pointing out that they are not animals as in something the characters bought in a store or something.
    What you say is true of most of the animals in Golden Compass, with the exception of the polar bears. They were not a manifestation of a human's soul, and were ferocious talking animals much like Battle Cat is.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Uh oh...Eamon is going to get lots of voice mails about making up his mind on Battle Cat.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I am definitely in the minority about Battle Cat.
    Even the Four Horsemen want him to talk as long as it's not hokey.

However what kinda gets skimmed over in the previous podcast is that none of the movies discussed with talking animals are what I call 'action fantasy movies'.
    I'd be curious to see if there's a reason why Peter Jackson decided not to have talking animals in LOTR.

I want a movie that looks like the box art which is sorry to say guys, is dark and moody.
    Even elements of Filmation are dark and moody. In terms of look and design, MOTU is dark and moody.
    It's got large axes and dudes with skulls for heads, snake castles and sexy witches ! That's not kiddie kiddie stuff!
    Just because Filmation did it in the 80's does not mean it can be done now and have the same effect. Times are a changing.

It's safe now to say that this poster gets folks excited. Do folks think a talking Battle Cat would be suitable in this movie?:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    What you say is true of most of the animals in Golden Compass, with the exception of the polar bears. They were not a manifestation of a human's soul, and were ferocious talking animals much like Battle Cat is.

That is true, but then in a film where a person soul manisfests as an animal I don't see talking polar bears as being that much of a stretch
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Awesome Podcast people, this is my first one. I love Eamon's point of view, (and the first time I heard your and the other's voice) Eamon just know how to hit some important points to the listeners. overall the opinions in the podcast are right and I'm sure majority follows this one regarding the production and the procedure on Digital River.

Edit: Don't those guys (Digital River) Ever having a lesson from the Customers Service and the service responses?
    Last edited by Fendi; September 23, 2010 at 01:58pm.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Eamon, that poster doesn't jive with what Masters is to me personally. It looks more like an add for Conan or Beastmaster than He-man. I'm sure THAT movie could still be excellent but I think it would have to come from a very conscious decision from Mattel to morph Masters into a altered concept from all previous media versions (IMO).

Still a really cool poster. Did you just create that or is it something already out there that I missed?

Loved the interview guys!

I would also point out that movies that stick to the original source material tend to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Eamon, that poster doesn't jive with what Masters is to me personally. It looks more like an add for Conan or Beastmaster than He-man. I'm sure THAT movie could still be excellent but I think it would have to come from a very conscious decision from Mattel to morph Masters into a altered concept from all previous media versions (IMO).
    So you don't like things the Grayskull, Battle Cat and even He-man box arts then?

You sure you are a MOTU fan?
    Last edited by Eamon; September 23, 2010 at 02:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    www.eamonart.com

I would also point out that movies that stick to the original source material tend to do better.

So you don't like things the Grayskull, Battle Cat and even He-man box arts then?

You sure you are a MOTU fan?
    As art yes but their story is VERY limited. Masters quickly grew beyond that theme. I think if you take it back to that, you are kind of erasing all of the years that followed. Again, I think it could work but I thnk it would be a different story.

Part of my problem might be that I'm viewing the poster on my IPhone and missing a lot of the great details. The Science part isn't coming out too well on my small screen
    Last edited by urbanmyth; September 23, 2010 at 02:19pm.

i´m down with your opinion...no talk
    it worked great in the myp toon

another awesome podcast guys! ...

on the subject of digital river - i really must be one of the lucky few guys out there ... i have never had any major issues with them so far ... so, i feel everyones pain, but i can't relate to it because it hasn't happened to me ... yet! ... i think the longest i had to wait was way back when hordak came out ... is this problem isolated to certain areas? ...

on the subject of the moss-man real name - i agree with val ... i don't like this ... i think mattel is missing a trick with the bio's ... why didn't they do a table of brief statistics (origin, affiliation etc.) rather than create pretty ridiculous 'real-names' which, in my view - take a certain sense of magic, mystery and credibility away from the characters ...

Even the Four Horsemen want him to talk as long as it's not hokey...I want a movie that looks like the box art which is sorry to say guys, is dark and moody...Even elements of Filmation are dark and moody. In terms of look and design, MOTU is dark and moody...It's got large axes and dudes with skulls for heads, snake castles and sexy witches ! That's not kiddie kiddie stuff!
    Just because Filmation did it in the 80's does not mean it can be done now and have the same effect
    i pretty much totally agree with this statement ... no talking battle-cat! please!
    Last edited by tmc1984; September 23, 2010 at 02:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION