Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU animation cels

Given that I've been collecting He-Man and She-Ra cels since 1997, I really should start to post in this thread...

While these are a lovely pair of cels they are not from the transformation sequence...

The first of Prince Adam is from "Dawn of Dragoon" when he discovers he is unable to transform...and the second is He-Man from "A Beastly Sideshow" when he is spinning Beast Man around...

Quote Originally Posted by neogoehunter View Post
    Here we go! Here is the link to a few cels of my collection, including the famous stock cels "Adam transforms into He-Man".

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=868

In a better resolution than in my album:
    http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2815/cimg3361t.jpg
    http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8713/cimg3360.jpg
    Dude, these are AMAZING finds - I've been collecting cels since 1997 - And while I have a great many key moments in the series, I don't have any from the transformation sequence!

Widget
    Thanks mate! ...they cost me a hell lot of money! ...but i love them

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Given that I've been collecting He-Man and She-Ra cels since 1997, I really should start to post in this thread...

While these are a lovely pair of cels they are not from the transformation sequence...

The first of Prince Adam is from "Dawn of Dragoon" when he discovers he is unable to transform...and the second is He-Man from "A Beastly Sideshow" when he is spinning Beast Man around...

Dude, these are AMAZING finds - I've been collecting cels since 1997 - And while I have a great many key moments in the series, I don't have any from the transformation sequence!

Thanks mate! ...they cost me a hell lot of money! ...but i love them
    Trust me, I feel your pain when it comes to spending money on He-Man and She-Ra animation art...

I can say for a FACT that the bottom has now completely dropped out the market...

Back in the late mid-to-late nineties animation cels were SO hard to come by - I once parted with about $275 just for a random cel of Whiplash walking...simply walking... - The same cel now you could pick up for about $10 - Ouch!

I was fortunate enough to visit the warehouse in Los Angeles where all the Filmation cels were stored in 2001 and 2005, and from those two visits I managed to pick up all the cels I wanted!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Trust me, I feel your pain when it comes to spending money on He-Man and She-Ra animation art...

I was fortunate enough to visit the warehouse in Los Angeles where all the Filmation cels were stored in 2001 and 2005, and from those two visits I managed to pick up all the cels I wanted!
    i used to go there on a weekly basis , i know you have seen some of my collection at BCI

Widget
    Wow! ...nobody told me that there is a warehouse with all the great animation stuff from filmnation! ...too bad... so that's the reason why all the good cels are gone!

btw i would like to see a picture of this warehouse from inside ^^, with all the nice cels. I was wondering if any member of this forum is in possession of some cels from the intro, where adam is talking and then transforms into he-man! I searched for a long time for the original background of grayskull where adam transforms into he-man, but no one out there could help me. I would pay 1000+ USD for it...

I can say for a FACT that the bottom has now completely dropped out the market...

Back in the late mid-to-late nineties animation cels were SO hard to come by - I once parted with about $275 just for a random cel of Whiplash walking...simply walking... - The same cel now you could pick up for about $10 - Ouch!

Wow! ...nobody told me that there is a warehouse with all the great animation stuff from filmnation! ...too bad... so that's the reason why all the good cels are gone!

btw i would like to see a picture of this warehouse from inside ^^, with all the nice cels. I was wondering if any member of this forum is in possession of some cels from the intro, where adam is talking and then transforms into he-man! I searched for a long time for the original background of grayskull where adam transforms into he-man, but no one out there could help me. I would pay 1000+ USD for it...
    1st the warehouse got sold with all the cels
    2nd the person that owns it is not selling it . i asked if he did he would ask for more the $1000

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    i used to go there on a weekly basis
    Man, if I lived in America I would've been in there all the time!

btw i would like to see a picture of this warehouse from inside ^^, with all the nice cels.
    Believe me, some of the storage conditions were AWFUL...I once saw a lovely panning cel from "The Problem With Power" with the foot of a stepladder on it!

I'll see if I can dig out the ol' photos from 2001...

I was wondering if any member of this forum is in possession of some cels from the intro, where adam is talking and then transforms into he-man! I searched for a long time for the original background of grayskull where adam transforms into he-man, but no one out there could help me. I would pay 1000+ USD for it...
    I own a few cels from the introduction sequence - Mainly the title and Adam walking into shot for the first time...

Here's a quick photo I just took...

Believe me, some of the storage conditions were AWFUL...I once saw a lovely panning cel from "The Problem With Power" with the foot of a stepladder on it!

I own a few cels from the introduction sequence - Mainly the title and Adam walking into shot for the first time...

they used to use the pans for rain gutters

they used to use the pans for rain gutters
    Oh no...

I've seen this photo before; it's from Mark Sheard's collection - He's a lucky fellow! - However, there IS another Prince Adam sequence of him holding the sword out there - The details on the folder for this sequence indicate that this was re-animated for the 1985 batch of episodes, as I had long suspected!

Oh no...

I've seen this photo before; it's from Mark Sheard's collection - He's a lucky fellow! - However, there IS another Prince Adam sequence of him holding the sword out there - The details on the folder for this sequence indicate that this was re-animated for the 1985 batch of episodes, as I had long suspected!
    yup your right if i remember right he wanted to trade the prince adam for the he-man

I've just started to buy some cels myself and I'm happy about this, even if some might disagree. My intention is not to collect a big collection, but just to buy few pieces of history from the animated series I love. The most wanted/popular cels might be long gone from the market, but like in many things, I tend to like things that might not be so popular among the majority, so it's not a big deal for me.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    I've just started to buy some cels myself and I'm happy about this, even if some might disagree. My intention is not to collect a big collection, but just to buy few pieces of history from the animated series I love. The most wanted/popular cels might be long gone from the market, but like in many things, I tend to like things that might not be so popular among the majority, so it's not a big deal for me.
    I don't think anyone is against cels being cheap to purchase - I'm still collecting so I'm VERY happy the price has come down!

...It's just hard to believe what I spent on certain cels back in the nineties...

Widget
    Very nice! Would you mind showing all the other cels of adam of the introduction?

I'll see if I can dig out the ol' photos from 2001...

Here's a quick photo I just took...

http://www.bustatoons.com/temp/cel_01.jpg

AnnaMot- that Fright Zone cel is beautiful! Do you have an online gallery of photos of your cels? I'd love to see your collection!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Widget
    yup your right if i remember right he wanted to trade the prince adam for the he-man
    Is the He-Man pan from your collection or the prince adam pan?

Is the He-Man pan from your collection or the prince adam pan?
    I own the he-man pan

A bunch of cels from my collection

OK. Here are some cels from my collection. I love secondary characters so you will find here some villans and heroes from both MOTU and POP episodes.

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7XI...NzI1MmYx&hl=en

I like the young Adam cels. They are from the episode "Battle Cat":
    http://docs.google.com/a/papu.net/le...ut=list&num=50

Elder Protector
    of Castle Grayskull
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by papu View Post
    OK. Here are some cels from my collection. I love secondary characters so you will find here some villans and heroes from both MOTU and POP episodes.

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7XI...NzI1MmYx&hl=en

I like the young Adam cels. They are from the episode "Battle Cat":

The link doesnt work keeps asking for a password

Here's what I got it's not much but I like them
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=865

Widget
    Hi! me again! It's my hobby to draw he-man wallpapers, so here is my latest picture in 1920 x 1200 px. I hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by neogoehunter; October 17, 2010 at 09:24am.

Very nice wallpaper! Congrats.

Here is my young Adam cels. From the "Battle Cat" episode.

Last edited by papu; October 17, 2010 at 11:23am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Elder Protector
    of Castle Grayskull
    -----------

Widget
    I've uploaded some more model sheets to my album. Added Kuduk Ungol - The Sorceress' predecessor, and also some vehicles.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=869
    Last edited by Digital Space; October 17, 2010 at 07:02pm.

Thanks everybody for sharing your awesome collections! I'm glad that this thread I created is having a great success!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Hi! Surprise... i have the transformation cels of he-man, so if anyone is interested in, i could post some pictures.

Neogoehunter you did me cry! You're so lucky guy!

Thanks sooooooooooooo much for share!

Wow the first shot of Fright Zone appeared on TSOTS!!!

I will do too! I have few but beautiful cels too...
    James, do you remember that I told you about that cel of He-Man transformation?! You answered isn't were from the trasnformation sequence but a publicity cel
    I know what publicity cel you was meant, that one appeared on UK's vhs covers...he has a different head, I knew...

Hi! me again! It's my hobby to draw he-man wallpapers, so here is my latest picture in 1920 x 1200 px. I hope you enjoy it!
    http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1...nwallpaper.jpg
    Amazing light effects.... and very nice shadows on He-Man
    Thank you!

One thing to always be on the lookout for is animation cels from DELETED SCENES...

I have quite a few cels that are from scenes left on the cutting room floor - They're easy to spot; you just have to know the series inside out!

I posted these two on my Blog recently...

This second one is not a cel; it is line art from a deleted scene that I colored...but you get the idea...