Thread: International shipping cost for my Classics 2.0 subs

Court Magician

International shipping cost for my Classics 2.0 subs

Hi! I did some experiments with subs and shipping cost.

I'm from Italy, and I tried to order 20 subs, for Classics 2.0.

Shipping cost with International Express is 347,19 (total 40 action figures).

If I try to order 10 subs (total 20 action figures) I'll pay 119 with International Express.

119 x 2 = 238 euro for 40 action figures, if i place a 10 sub order with two different accounts.

As you could see it's a huge difference, about 110 euro.

I was thinking that more action figures = lesser shipping cost for single action figure...but it's not this case!

Do you know if they add also custums duties so that I do not have to pay anything extra on receipt?

I think the price jump could be to do with the size limit of the shipping box. A box big and sturdy enough to post 40 figures would be quite big (bigger than shipping Castle Grayskull!) so it's cheaper to send the order split in 2 more regular sized boxes.

and no, Matty is not responsible for any import taxes (just like any other online store). Those are up to you to pay.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiros View Post
    Hi! I did some experiments with subs and shipping cost.

I'm from Italy, and I tried to order 20 subs, for Classics 2.0.

Shipping cost with International Express is 347,19 (total 40 action figures).

If I try to order 10 subs (total 20 action figures) I'll pay 119 with International Express.

119 x 2 = 238 euro for 40 action figures, if i place a 10 sub order with two different accounts.

As you could see it's a huge difference, about 110 euro.

I was thinking that more action figures = lesser shipping cost for single action figure...but it's not this case!

Do you know if they add also custums duties so that I do not have to pay anything extra on receipt?
    No way to know till they ship them in 2016, but from things I have read in forum groups people in the UK are happy about the Classics 2.0 figure price of $20.00 because they say at that price they will avoid the customs duty so I would get you would also.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    No way to know till they ship them in 2016, but from things I have read in forum groups people in the UK are happy about the Classics 2.0 figure price of $20.00 because they say at that price they will avoid the customs duty so I would get you would also.
    That applies to SINGLE figures only. We are allowed to import items customs taxes free if the total amount of the items are £15 or under. £15 in USA Dollars is around $23.00, so anything $23 or under should avoid import fees. However packages containing multiple figures will obviously be over the limit and we get charged 20% tax plus an £8 handling fee

Court Magician
    mmm, I could also choice a bi monthly sub, to have lesser shipping cost.

If i order 20 subs in this way, I've 7 shipments, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiros View Post
    mmm, I could also choice a bi monthly sub, to have lesser shipping cost.

If i order 20 subs in this way, I've 7 shipments, right?
    No, 6 I believe. I think Evilseed is scheduled to ship in August (same month as the 4th figure of the sub) so you might still run into the problem of 40 figures in one shipment

2 separate triple ship orders of 10 subs might be your cheapest shipping option, depending on cost of shipping 30 figures (Evilseed will add 10 per order in August)
    Last edited by blackiecats; October 30, 2015 at 08:36am.

Court Magician
    30 action figures have a shipping cost of 233, it's acceptable!