Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71

Thread: MOTUC Mysterious Names Appearing on the White Mailer Box

  1. #1
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,398

    MOTUC Mysterious Names Appearing on the White Mailer Box

    Hello pals,

    Did you see that some mysterious labels appear on the white motuc mail boxes?!

    Could it be a mysterious enigma ? A teaser for the next releases?

    Let's take a look at some....

    On Roboto white mail box, it's mentionned "GRAYSKULL"

    On Leech white mail box, it's mentionned "DESPONDOS"

    On Wind Raider box, it's mentionned "BATTLE RAM CHARIOT"
    ---> Skeletor's battle ram could be the next vehicle!

    Do you have other examples? Wht do you think Guys?


    Roboto's Mail Box


    Leech's Mail Box



    Wind Raider's Mail Box

  2. #2
    Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,478
    It's just a copyright/trademark thing. It's already been explained by Mattel quite a few times. Something to do with using the printed name on a product, or something.

  3. #3
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    It's just a copyright/trademark thing. It's already been explained by Mattel quite a few times. Something to do with using the printed name on a product, or something.

    yes but why battle ram chariot?

  4. #4
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,523
    because clearly they wanted to cemement via whatever that method is exactly that they own the right to print that name on a product.

    Becaus the Battle Ram is comming out next? I think so!

    At the very least I bet someone discovered that Battle Ram was somehow unavailible for naming (ala they could print Flipshot as a name for Icarius, but he couldnt be labeld outright as such) and so they slap that on there and moved along.

    Battle ram is obviously comming. Next? Maybe. Will it be called Battle Ram Chariot? I think so!

  5. #5
    Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,478
    Yeah. I mean, it's obviously a good sign for people who were worried that Mattel was going to forfeit the trademark for "Battle Ram Chariot". This is a sign that Mattel still intends to retain the rights to that name.

  6. #6
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,527
    I dislike legalities. I know why they have them in place, but they get to be cumbersome, and money makers for the legal doers, and money wasters for the companies. Ugh! Oh for the days of less worrying about copyright infringement.

  7. #7
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,002
    Oh...legal reasons. That makes sense. I wonder if Sweet Bee will show up on someone's mailer? I think her TM was ending soon...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  8. #8
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    because clearly they wanted to cemement via whatever that method is exactly that they own the right to print that name on a product.

    Becaus the Battle Ram is comming out next? I think so!

    At the very least I bet someone discovered that Battle Ram was somehow unavailible for naming (ala they could print Flipshot as a name for Icarius, but he couldnt be labeld outright as such) and so they slap that on there and moved along.

    Battle ram is obviously comming. Next? Maybe. Will it be called Battle Ram Chariot? I think so!
    ah ok ok I understand better Thanks !

    We are all focus on the vintage Battle Ram lol but it may also be "Battle Ram Chariot" from the 200X line ...




  9. #9
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    ah ok ok I understand better Thanks !

    We are all focus on the vintage Battle Ram lol but it may also be "Battle Ram Chariot" from the 200X line ...

    http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/ba...ariot_1-01.jpg

    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/motu/u...-chariot-2.jpg
    Was the vintage Battle Ram referred to as a chariot?

    Because I gotta say.... a MOTUC scale version of the 200X Battle Ram Chariot is one of the TOP items I really want included in this collection!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sanford, FL
    Posts
    1,295
    If Matty releases the Battle Ram Chariot, it will be the classic Battle Ram. Otherwise the Internet will melt down. Plus, the 4H have already sculpted the classic vehicle.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

    Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

  11. #11
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,087
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Was the vintage Battle Ram referred to as a chariot?

    Because I gotta say.... a MOTUC scale version of the 200X Battle Ram Chariot is one of the TOP items I really want included in this collection!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    ah ok ok I understand better Thanks !

    We are all focus on the vintage Battle Ram lol but it may also be "Battle Ram Chariot" from the 200X line ...

    [
    Nope the original wasn't referred to as a chariot.

    the 2002 Battle Ram Chariot was the best vehicle in the line.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  12. #12
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,002
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Because I gotta say.... a MOTUC scale version of the 200X Battle Ram Chariot is one of the TOP items I really want included in this collection!
    I agree. That vehicle is a power house and very regal and Romanesque. I LOVE the concept, design, colours and overall look. It's probably THE best 200X vehicle, in my opinion!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  13. #13
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree. That vehicle is a power house and very regal and Romanesque. I LOVE the concept, design, colours and overall look. It's probably THE best 200X vehicle, in my opinion!
    hey hey hey! we're agreeing on something?!?!?!?! maybe those end of the world guys were right!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  14. #14
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,002
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    hey hey hey! we're agreeing on something?!?!?!?! maybe those end of the world guys were right!!
    We agree on things.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    I think when Battle Ram comes, they will have a second "front" piece depicting the Ram Skull in addition to the the classic vintage "front" piece... This will give fans the option of displaying the classic battle ram or Skeletor's 200x battle ram chariot and also make a lot of people buy multiples! Just a thought

  16. #16
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    39

    Back of white mailer boxes for Horde Prime and snake man at arms

    Did everyone have clamp champ, sweet bee, and castaspella written on the back of their white mailer boxes? I am figuring these are 3 of the upcoming releases for the last quarter 2012 or 1st 2013?

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior He-Man123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    588
    From Toyguru on the Matty board:

    Toyguru
    Collector Supreme



    These names have nothing to do with upcoming reveals. They are only there for legal and logistical reasons to put the name on package.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Morbebanur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft Belvoir VA
    Posts
    731
    I would not ready to much into it right now they problemly only done that to keep their trademarks alive.

  19. #19
    Crâne Ancestral Lulu-Berlu Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    767
    Exactly. That does not mean that those characters will be made as figures soon. Plus, those names were mentioned in other characters bio (Clamp Champ in Snake Man-At-Arms', Castaspella is Shadow Weaver's, and Sweet Bee most likely in Frosta's).

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    457
    Wind rider box says Battle ram charriot, Leech box says Despondos, Kobra Khan box says Valley of Gnarl, may be if we take the first letter of each...nevermind

  21. #21
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,709
    It has nothing to do with setting the stage for upcoming figures, just re-establishing trademarks that may be in danger of lapsing. You do have to actually use a trademark or run the risk of losing it. This is why there was still a Supergirl and Superboy in DC Comics even when the decree was that Superman was to be the ONLY living Kryptonian survivior; not using those names on current characters would risk someone else eventually coming along and taking them. It's like Marvel laying claim to the trademark "Captain Marvel" taking it away from the original CM, the Big Red Cheese, because it wasn't used for so long and lapsed, thus forcing DC to use the name "Shazam" instead for titles and merchandising.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior optibotimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Posts
    564
    To me it's weird that Mattel does this. I mean, i don't see Hasbro slapping random names of characters on the packaging of other characters.

  23. #23
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,541
    Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    To me it's weird that Mattel does this. I mean, i don't see Hasbro slapping random names of characters on the packaging of other characters.
    I wish Hasbro did it. Then they wouldn't have lost the trademarks to so many characters' names over the years. Bazooka, Stalker, Lifeline, Airborne, Mainframe (just some off the top of my head) all became "Sgt. ________", so Hasbro could re-establish a trademark over the new character. They've also started using characters' full names with their codename in the middle to make trademarking easier.

    They've run into this with Transformers too. They started adding "Autobot" in front of character names for the same reason.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior KUZEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,361
    TG has stated several times that it's there for legal reasons...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

    My Feedback thread!!

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior optibotimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    I wish Hasbro did it. Then they wouldn't have lost the trademarks to so many characters' names over the years. Bazooka, Stalker, Lifeline, Airborne, Mainframe (just some off the top of my head) all became "Sgt. ________", so Hasbro could re-establish a trademark over the new character. They've also started using characters' full names with their codename in the middle to make trademarking easier.

    They've run into this with Transformers too. They started adding "Autobot" in front of character names for the same reason.
    Agreed, but i think that has more to do with certain names being too...generic. The best one i can think of is Ratchet. Obviously that's a fairly generic term...i'm not a copyright expert, but i don't think you can take things like that and slap a trademark on em. Adding "Sgt" and "Autobot" differentiates it from that generic thing. I'm not sure really though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •